After hundreds of hours I finally encountered...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CaptMorgan72

a wild werewolf. I was on horseback and heard what I thought was a sabercat attacking from behind me. I turned around and it was a werewolf. It said farmer when I put my crosshairs on him. I have literally played for hundreds and hundreds of hours and this is the first encounter. The Silver Hand must have killed almost all the werewolves in Skyrim. I read that Dawnguard adds wild werewolves but damn are they rare.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Werebears... I came across a bunch of them at level five, I was dead instantly.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Werebears... I came across a bunch of them at level five, I was dead instantly.

Level 5... bummer. That kind of rules out my technique for dealing with a group of Werebears. Become Ethereal and jump off a cliff.

I'll never forget my first experience with werebears. I saw a group of naked guys running at me and I decided to fight them bare handed laughing my ass off. I thought it was a weird glitch and then they turned into werebears and I screamed and ran like a little girl.

My first experience was similar to that. My Redguard Verrell who was around level 25ish went to Solstheim with his wife Uthgerd The Unbroken. Instead of talking to any of the townsfolk, they immediately went exploring in search of whoever had sent cultist after him. One of the first things he encountered was a bandit camp, the occupants of it were of no match to Verrell and Uthgerd. They took a few minutes to look around the camp and catch their breath before sauntering off in a random direction before seeing two men in the distance transform into bears! For the first time, Verrell knew and understood fear. Uthgerd unsheathed her still stained greatsword and shouted "Skyrim is for the Nords!". Verrell reacted immediately be shouting as well, not a dragon shout or a taunting shout, rather he shouted "Yes Uthgerd, and let us head back to Skyrim now!". Or at least he would have shouted that had he not been breathless from sprinting in the opposite direction.

On topic: I've yet to encounter any wild werewolves, is there any specific places that tend to spawn them, or is it fully random?

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
I honestly never encountered any werewolves in the wild, which sucks, because i met a fair share of random thieves, assassins, dragons, headless horsemen, mercenaries, or orcs calling you milk drinker

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
After hours of gameplay I encountered two cool things in a matter of minutes. A farmer leading a sacrificial cow to a giant camp, and a ghost running out of Kjenstag Ruins. I didn't know you had to follow him so I am going to go back and wait for him :)

Still no werebears, or wild werewolves.

Ted_The_Soap

Disciple of Arkay
There's a quest with a person you know as a werewolf, but i can't remember which one. He is held in Falkreath dungeon, though.

You are referring to the quest "Ill met by Moonlight". Technically Sinding is probably a wild werewolf, but I think the poster meant a random encounter with one out in the wilds of Skyrim. :)
Oh and welcome to the forum :)

Thank you, and after the quest, Sinding does randomly run about, although i've only ever seen him once in that fashion.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
There's a quest with a person you know as a werewolf, but i can't remember which one. He is held in Falkreath dungeon, though.

You are referring to the quest "Ill met by Moonlight". Technically Sinding is probably a wild werewolf, but I think the poster meant a random encounter with one out in the wilds of Skyrim. :)
Oh and welcome to the forum :)

Thank you, and after the quest, Sinding does randomly run about, although i've only ever seen him once in that fashion.

I always kill him :D

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Random werewolf encounters are way too rare IMO. Also, I'd really like it if their attacks had a chance to infect the player with lycanthropy. I really don't like it how the only way to become a werewolf is by choice. It kinda makes it difficult to RP it as a curse when you get it voluntarily...

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Awesome! I've never encounter a wild one. I would like to see if Thralling one is possible. Vampire Lord and Werewolf raising all kinds of hell would be cool to see.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Awesome! I've never encounter a wild one. I would like to see if Thralling one is possible. Vampire Lord and Werewolf raising all kinds of hell would be cool to see.
Try the route up towards Helgen outside Riverwood and on the other side of the mountains from Winterhold (near the Dwemer excavation). I'm always running in to them there.

Have you tried thralling a gargoyle yet? They're tons of fun. I get them near Saarthal early on in the game.

Ted_The_Soap

Disciple of Arkay
Random werewolf encounters are way too rare IMO. Also, I'd really like it if their attacks had a chance to infect the player with lycanthropy. I really don't like it how the only way to become a werewolf is by choice. It kinda makes it difficult to RP it as a curse when you get it voluntarily...

Because they destroy everything on Legendary difficulty. Even on Adept, if you're not prepared. I got owned by a random encounter a long time ago.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Try the route up towards Helgen outside Riverwood and on the other side of the mountains from Winterhold (near the Dwemer excavation). I'm always running in to them there.

Have you tried thralling a gargoyle yet? They're tons of fun. I get them near Saarthal early on in the game.
Will explore that region very soon.

I never thralled a gargoyle before. That sounds very cool!!!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Will explore that region very soon.

I never thralled a gargoyle before. That sounds very cool!!!
I like thralled gargoyles, especially when I can do 2 of them. They're hulking prescence (especially if you're a vampire) is really, really cool.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts