• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Varra

I have the little adorable child, Lucia, from Whiterun. She gained my favor when she was the first person to be genuinely kind to my Khajiit. Now she lives in a mansion, has a pet bunny, receives many daggers as gives. I do want her to grow up a sneaky assassin. 'bout time I get her a dad. I chose Farkas.

So he I find out that what a spouse does, is stand around all day, staring at you with a big grin, saying "hello dear." You can ask them to cook food, or ask them for money. Maybe follow you. But I'm not feelin' the love. By fact, I find him to creep me out. Everytime I come home he is in the same spot, same grin.

My little girl runs around, ask me things, sleeps, eats, beats on her dummy- while my spouse still is in the same spot, rarely walks around, never sits down.

I very much enjoy adoption much more than marriage.

Mwhals

You married the wrong person. Muiri goes outside, stirs a pot, sits at a table and is hardly ever in the same spot.

sticky runes

I wouldn't mind having a big nordic dude sitting around in my house all day waiting for me to mount him.

But which house are you living in? If you move into one of the hearthfire houses, then your spouse should be walking about inside and outside, using the smithy, digging up clay, picking at ore and stone... Try relocating to another house and see if his behaviour changes.

Varra

I was living in Solitude, my kid seemed to be fine. But maybe you guys are right...maybe I did marry the wrong guy. Just hard to find a decent looking and/or interesting attitude male in skyrim. All the cool guys cannot be married...or maybe I have not found him...or maybe I should go for the sexy ladies <3

Liger

I adopted 2 kids and moved them into the whiterun house. then afew levels later, I figured I should find a wife to look after the kids since I am out killing dragons and bandits and doing all kinds of things the kids will get lonely. But man it was hard looking for a wife that would understand that the kids come first.

sticky runes

But maybe you guys are right...maybe I did marry the wrong guy

what do you mean "you guys" ? I never said Farkas was the wrong husband, he's awesome. Give me a quiet brooding husband over a noisy bunch of gobsh!te kids any day.

Varra

He is creeping me out! Why won't he walk around the house?! Mayyyybe he's glitched....

Wildroses

Yeah, he's glitched. My husbands are always wandering around doing things. Chair? I sits. Alchemy lab? Potion (Vorstag spent half his time on that lab). Kitchen area? Pull out some never ending bread and eat. Bedtime? I'll lie on a bed. Pet dog walks past? I'm going to tell the world how stupid this dog is.

Although I've never quite understood why every Skyrim husband I've moved to Lakeview Manor wants to spend a couple of hours each day standing between the wall of the house and a sheet of rock staring with complete fascination at nothing in particular. Is there something I'm missing?

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I married Sylgja and she tends to walk around, I'll see her sitting in different chairs or walking around the house, but I rarely see her outside. When we first moved in, she used to mine clay outside but she doesn't do that anymore.

In fact, her and the kids went missing. I wonder what I did wrong. :eek:

Rimfaxe96

I've never married so far. There are certain male characters I like but they're also not perfect. And if I married Vilkas for example I wouldn't randomly meet him somewhere in the open slaying predators and doing other manly things anymore... :oops:

I wouldn't mind having a big nordic dude sitting around in my house all day waiting for me to mount him.

If Bethesda only included that in a DLC for adults...

TotalJazza

The Ultimate Dovahkiin.
I married Aela the Huntress after completing the Companions quest line, then adopted two children from the orphanage in Riften. They all seemed to be fine.

original_funk

Iron is coming
I married Mjoll and she did stuff around the house, like eat something or stir the pot or use the alchemy table, with Aerin running after her being all friendzoned. Ever since downloading Hearthfire and adopting Lucia, she does exactly what Farkas in your game is doing. Only made creepier by Aerin just standing there staring as well. I'm simply afraid to even go home, I just stay at the inn or Jorrvaskr now.

I married Mjoll and she did stuff around the house, like eat something or stir the pot or use the alchemy table, with Aerin running after her being all friendzoned. Ever since downloading Hearthfire and adopting Lucia, she does exactly what Farkas in your game is doing. Only made creepier by Aerin just standing there staring as well. I'm simply afraid to even go home, I just stay at the inn or Jorrvaskr now.

I walked Mjoll and Aerin through a bandit held fort just outside of Riften. Aerin was killed by them in like 10 second's . Mjoll did'nt even know he was gone and I have her complete attention now . Makes for a better marriage . :D

original_funk

Iron is coming
I walked Mjoll and Aerin through a bandit held fort just outside of Riften. Aerin was killed by them in like 10 second's . Mjoll did'nt even know he was gone and I have her complete attention now . Makes for a better marriage . :D

lol nice idea. I'll take them to a Dwemer ruin and make sure Aerin is with us. See how he copes against some crazy Falmer and their Chaurus

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Yeah, he's glitched. My husbands are always wandering around doing things. Chair? I sits. Alchemy lab? Potion (Vorstag spent half his time on that lab). Kitchen area? Pull out some never ending bread and eat. Bedtime? I'll lie on a bed. Pet dog walks past? I'm going to tell the world how stupid this dog is.

Although I've never quite understood why every Skyrim husband I've moved to Lakeview Manor wants to spend a couple of hours each day standing between the wall of the house and a sheet of rock staring with complete fascination at nothing in particular. Is there something I'm missing?
One of the rooms that you can build comes with chairs and stuff on the roof. NPCs are programmed to go up there and sit or something at certain times of day.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I've been waiting for characters that had a personality superior to that of a broomstick, but it just isn't happening. I had hopes for Serana, but that didn't work out.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts