Add 'Do Not Ever Follow Threads' Option

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I have gone into preferences & have turned off every alert.
I still get alerts. When somebody posts in a thread I posted in I get an alert.
I cannot find a blanket do not follow threads option. Please add one or tell me how to never receive another email telling me someone else posted.
I am not a forum junkie. I come here to read & pick up tips & hopefully help somebody else. I like this forum a lot, and would hate to have to mark this forum as spam in my email.

To add to this, I got an alert that somebody like a post or something. I clicked on the word 'post' that was Blue. It took me to a job search website.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Are you talking about "alerts" that pop up here inside the forum? Or emails? With regards to your second post, you shouldn't get emails about likes on a post at all. There are some embedded ads once you get to the threads that are in posts and that's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that would have brought you to a job website.

As far as your email alerts, first, hover over your name (but don't click) there in the upper right. You'll see a link in the dropdown called "Preferences". Click on that. From this page, you go to the third set of preferences called "notices". Make sure that "and receive email notification of replies" is unchecked. This is also where you can set it not to automatically watch threads you create or respond to.

Now, if you look on the left sidebar, you'll see the "alert preferences". Click on that. The very top subset of preferences deal with when you get alerts here for posts that produce the little orange flag with a number over the "alerts" portion of the top navigation bar. Check and uncheck these as it suits your tastes. Keep scrolling down trough the subsets to see all the other things that generate the little orange flag and tailor these options to suit your tastes.

I know that when I very first unchecked the email notification box, it took about a day for it to really stop sending me the emails. It may have to do with the server cache on our side purging so I can only ask that, if you've followed the steps above, be patient for one day until it definitely should go through. If you continue getting unwanted email, please let me know and I'll see if I can figure it out with you.

I got tired of telling it the same thing daily. For some reason they wouldn't stay. I kept getting emails.
I stopped it on the email side.
My problem now is web forums freeze my comp on the third thing I click.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
What browser are you using? If it's IE, I can't do much but tell you to change to a real browser :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts