• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
This request might be kind of old, and I'm sure it's been asked before.

...But why is there not a "Lore" section on these forums?

I probably should have suggested it back in..say.. January! Back when there were more active posters that were new asking things about "The Dwemer" or "Tamerial History". (It's kind of sad, but I think all the PS3 peeps have given up..)

But could there be one? I would still like one.

I would also suggest that it should NOT be as strict as the Roleplaying Forums are. There are so many questions and Discussions that could be considered lore question from simple topics like "I want a Snow Elf DLC"... or "There needs to be a Playable Aquatic Dragon Race"..etc.

I see great Lore Questions all the Time, but they seem to get barried in the General Section before they are ever seen.

Could this be a good idea... or even more, why was this a bad idea and not done?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, we never had a specific Lore section because there are other sites out there that really specialize in TES Lore and usually, we end up using those as resources since they're been collecting this information for much longer than we've been around.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Well, we never had a specific Lore section because there are other sites out there that really specialize in TES Lore and usually, we end up using those as resources since they're been collecting this information for much longer than we've been around.
Thats fine.

Honestly I realize that creating a "Lore" forum now would be kind of late being that any new Skyrim Fans that are really starting to love the lore would have gone to those other sites by now..

But do know that those sights are great for a "Reference" but the common New Skyrim Player can't really get into those forums so easily. (And I have been a Member of "That Site" for Quite awhile.. and love it still)

I do stand that there would have been some great discussions on this site from people that haven't played these games for 15+ years and have alot of new questions and things to say.
..Thanks for the response

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, I wouldn't be adverse to having a section here if people would populate it with good information and conversation. We've had Lore threads on here before and if people send me links to them, I can move them over if we decide to move forward with this idea.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts