• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rickysousa

IL Mentore
Introduction:
You know what I love about Skyrim? It's the fact that the game is MASSIVE and no two people finish the game the exact same way, even so, one does not simply "finish" Skyrim. But lets face it, even with a game as huge as Skyrim, we've all played the same quest lines a few dozen times, just with different characters or different ways. But one of Skyrim's strengths is the players ability to approach the battlefield from a number of different ways, turning the tables on your enemy.

Part 1: The Diver
Every race in Skyrim has a Race Ability and Race Power. Race Power's are activated with the Power Button, but Race abilities are always active. Sometimes we undervalue Race abilities because they seem to only be useful in very specific situations, but truth is these are our secret weapons, one of the ways we can approach the battlefield.
Soon I will begin my new character, an Argonian ranger who specializes deep sea diving. Ill admit, when I first saw that Argonians had the ability to breathe underwater I wasn't all that impressed. But I realized how little I've explored Skyrim's waterways.
Conclusion:
So If you have your suggestions for A New Way to Play, or a Body of Water you think would be fun to explore, let me know and post your suggestions in the comments

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Introduction:
You know what I love about Skyrim? It's the fact that the game is MASSIVE and no two people finish the game the exact same way, even so, one does not simply "finish" Skyrim. But lets face it, even with a game as huge as Skyrim, we've all played the same quest lines a few dozen times, just with different characters or different ways. But one of Skyrim's strengths is the players ability to approach the battlefield from a number of different ways, turning the tables on your enemy.

Part 1: The Diver
Every race in Skyrim has a Race Ability and Race Power. Race Power's are activated with the Power Button, but Race abilities are always active. Sometimes we undervalue Race abilities because they seem to only be useful in very specific situations, but truth is these are our secret weapons, one of the ways we can approach the battlefield.

Soon I will begin my new character, an Argonian ranger who specializes deep sea diving. Ill admit, when I first saw that Argonians had the ability to breathe underwater I wasn't all that impressed. But I realized how little I've explored Skyrim's waterways.

Conclusion:
So If you have your suggestions for A New Way to Play, or a Body of Water you think would be fun to explore, let me know and post your suggestions in the comments
'
I agree with you. I undervalued my Nord's blood. I fought mainly ice dragons for some reason, until a Fire dragon appeared and kicked my ass. since then I value the Frost resistance more. for waterbreathing I have a dragon priest mask, which I always carry with me!

annelid

Noob
There's often a chest or a few corpses floating around, but nothing truly exciting. Given that the game includes waterbreathing I would have expected more use of the underwater sections.

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
Pilgrim's Trench ( I think that's what its called )

I think it's to the west of Winterhold, there are a few sunken ships there to explore. Can't say for sure that there's anything of value there, but its worth a look anyway. But other than that, the waterways are pretty bland, I suppose you could use waterbreathing to flank enemies or to get to a good place to attack them from.

Just because there's not much to explore, doesn't mean you can't make it fun!

ShangTsung

like berzum mentioned, there's nothing special in any of the water ways, trust me i've explored them all outa boredom and i don't even use argonians.. the only thing water breathing is good for is eluding enemies and hope their arrows can't find you under water.. as for the game itself, yea.. even if you finish every last story and side quest you still just continue playing and i like games that do this, borderlands is like that and i love the concept, honestly wish more games would implement this idea.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
Pilgrim's Trench ( I think that's what its called )

I think it's to the west of Winterhold, there are a few sunken ships there to explore. Can't say for sure that there's anything of value there, but its worth a look anyway. But other than that, the waterways are pretty bland, I suppose you could use waterbreathing to flank enemies or to get to a good place to attack them from.

Just because there's not much to explore, doesn't mean you can't make it fun!
i will say that sunken ships are fun to explore but to make a racial abilty just for that is pointless.
like berzum mentioned, there's nothing special in any of the water ways, trust me i've explored them all outa boredom and i don't even use argonians.. the only thing water breathing is good for is eluding enemies and hope their arrows can't find you under water.. as for the game itself, yea.. even if you finish every last story and side quest you still just continue playing and i like games that do this, borderlands is like that and i love the concept, honestly wish more games would implement this idea.
and i agree with you except for the fact that yopu can't our swim enemies, normal ones yes, but dragons fire and ice will still reach you under water, trust i have been in the deepest spot i could find and still dragon's will find and attack you

ShangTsung

i will say that sunken ships are fun to explore but to make a racial abilty just for that is pointless.

and i agree with you except for the fact that yopu can't our swim enemies, normal ones yes, but dragons fire and ice will still reach you under water, trust i have been in the deepest spot i could find and still dragon's will find and attack you
oh yea, i've been killed just as much under water as on land.. and a lot of times it was by dragons, diving is a false sense of security..

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
oh yea, i've been killed just as much under water as on land.. and a lot of times it was by dragons, diving is a false sense of security..
sadly it is, most bandits and wild life won't follow you in but dragon will circle you and kill you very quickly, lol but if you know hwere to look you can find ice bergs to hide under, but other than that your toast if a dragon follows you out to sea

ShangTsung

sadly it is, most bandits and wild life won't follow you in but dragon will circle you and kill you very quickly, lol but if you know hwere to look you can find ice bergs to hide under, but other than that your toast if a dragon follows you out to sea
lol i once wandered into a cave infested with dozens of those annoying high level forsworn archers, fought off as many as i could before running out of potions, at this point i was almost dead and there was a big pond nearby so i jumped in and dove deep as i could, waited at the bottom about 2 minutes before once again getting plugged with arrows which quickly killed me, dead in the water.. yea... diving won't save your ass on this game..

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts