A concern regarding the guilds in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jeruhmi

That is one aspect of it, yes. It was kinda weird to become the guild’s leader just after a couple of days after joining. They should definitely stretch the required time. Perhaps by providing missions only after a certain while so that you can’t do them back to back.
If you think of it from a realistic perspective, then yes, it is weird to become the leader of anything after a few days. Unless you're a celebrity or expert in the area.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
In The Witcher 2, your speech skill is 100% successful. At least, in my case.

Speech in Skyrim should be influenced by a myriad of things, not just chance. Perhaps your relation with the NPC you're speaking with, or your previous dialogue decisions as well as what they think about you and your morals.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I guess it is easy to overlook those factors. I almost forgot about them... Well, speech skill is there in case you don't have much credentials so you have to be persuasive? You could be a very good person and your help toward the community will get people to want to help you etc... Or you could be a very good conversationalist, bargain with people so that you'll get what you want regardless of what people feel about you. It won't hurt if the guy likes you for some reason, of course. I've been comparing it to Fallout too much that I forget about these things.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Yup, we shouldn’t forget to think out of the box.

yea but if you could use speech checks only if your speech skill is high enough, how can you increase your speech in the first place?
Argh, I forgot about that since I still had the minigame in my mind. Maybe talking to NPCs for the first time could give you speech skills? But at least you’d be guaranteed to have players talking to every character there is :p

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yeah, I guess there's numerous ways of increasing speech skills. Just talking to people in general, and even buying and selling stuff to merchants since mercantile and speechcraft merged together. With that, speech would increase but not as a conscious effort.

It might be just easier to use illusion to increase an NPC's disposition though. There's a lot more to illusion compared to speech by itself... Intimidate can be replaced by demoralize, dispositions can be increased by good charm spell all while illusion provides invisibility, frenzy and other fun stuff. At least it's better in Skyrim since they merged mercantile with it. I could be very wrong about my doubts on speech. Speech does bring huge advantages to quests since most quests involve interacting with NPCs. Not to mention some funny stuff you might convince the NPCs to do while you're at it. I do always go for speech first in Fallout. Now that's merged with barter, it's even better

Jeruhmi

Yeah, I guess there's numerous ways of increasing speech skills. Just talking to people in general, and even buying and selling stuff to merchants since mercantile and speechcraft merged together. With that, speech would increase but not as a conscious effort.

It might be just easier to use illusion to increase an NPC's disposition though. There's a lot more to illusion compared to speech by itself... Intimidate can be replaced by demoralize, dispositions can be increased by good charm spell all while illusion provides invisibility, frenzy and other fun stuff. At least it's better in Skyrim since they merged mercantile with it. I could be very wrong about my doubts on speech. Speech does bring huge advantages to quests since most quests involve interacting with NPCs. Not to mention some funny stuff you might convince the NPCs to do while you're at it. I do always go for speech first in Fallout. Now that's merged with barter, it's even better
If speech skills could lead you to influence the NPC to let you complete the quest at the beginning... that would be great in my eyes :D
You could also convince NPCs to marry you, even if they're a man.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Speaking of homosexual marriages, do you think Bethesda will have the balls to include them (seeing how this is another issue that some people would blow a fuse over)?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Damn, looks like I am not really up-to-date. Good to hear that they didn’t shy away from that.

Jeruhmi

I think if you were to as you say it "hit" on some guys that many of them should chase after you, just like they may in a pub, in real life.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Mh, yes, it would be weird if all marriageable NPCs would be cool with either sex so I presume they’ll preset their preference.

Jeruhmi

I assume there will be different types of people in-game. Such as more manly men type characters, and those type of female-men characters (they would be gay).

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Apparently, not all races are available for marriage. I'm not sure about pre-set sexual preferences but I sincerely hope so. It would be just plain weird if they all happened to be bi-sexual. Not to mention, that would totally cancel out the possibility for interesting and unique companion with a defined personality.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Why wouldn’t all races be available for marriage? Does that hint at possible offspring in Skyrim :> ?

Jeruhmi

That's odd. I guess I'll be sure to choose a race that IS possible for marriage. Just so I don't go and need to re-start to experience a key feature of the game. I'm not saying that everyone should be bi-sexual. I just mean there should be different classes of people, who may be.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
No. I guess it has to do with character design. I think (and I sincerely hope) your spouse as your companion would be as interesting as it was in Fallout: New Vegas, each with their own preferences, personality and background story. They just didn't make one for each and every race. I think it would be bad if they made one for each race just because they were pressured to do it. But yeah, my guess is that it's one of the man-race.

Jeruhmi

Background stories and personalities for your spouse would be a must. That makes everything 100 times more interesting. I haven't played FNV, it sounds good though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts