5 Things Worse Than Dovahs

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
**Some spoiler content exists in this article.**

So you've killed your first dragon, eh? Think your some kind of god? First of all, look at my signature. Second, you have a lot more things to worry about in Skyrim. I've slayed exactly 45 regular dragons and some more unique ones, and just know that you are nothing compared to these guys. I'll also tell you how to beat them and where you can find these monsters. The list goes in order of how dangerous they are, with 5 being the least dangerous and 1 being the most.

#5: Falmer
Falmer. Stupid Falmer. I've charged into groups of about 3 Falmer with 4 followers and still died! The things are like ants! You see one in a large room you know there'll be more and they'll have bows and magic and traps! Just walk into any ruin in Blackreach. Go on. I'll wait. See! The only good part is eating their ears afterward. Take that! You used to be beautiful elves, didn't you? Well now you can't even see my arrow as it goes through your skull!

slide.jpg

You can, unfortunately, find them in pretty much any large Dwemer ruin, as well as Liar's Retreat and other such places. They come with whole hordes of backup, including Chaurus, magicians, archers and infantry. The best armor there is against these guys would be the Saviors Hide. To obtain this you do the Daedric Prince Hircines quest, "Ill Met by Moonlight". You do the quest and when given the choice kill Snilling, you kill him. There is a way to get both of the available Daedric arftifacts in the quest, but I won't touch on that here. They all use poison and are relatively easy to sneak past, but not to assassinate. Bring a powerful bow and a strong, enchanted two-handed weapon, as well as armor enchanted to help you sneak and a good shield and one-handed pair, such as Spellbreaker and an improved Blade of Woe, like I use, but a simple hide shield and iron mace will do. If you follow these tips, you should be able to conquer any Dwemer ruin much easier than you could before, and eventually every Falmer will look just like this one!
Capture.PNG

#4: Spriggans
I know what you're thinking, "Spriggans? Spriggans are easy! I mean, they're just nature spirits, right? What harm can they do to me, a big tough adventurer who hasn't yet been shot in the knee?" Well stop thinking that! They can do alot! Just think about it. They can refill all their health, turn into swarms of poisonous bees and enthrall animals! They can even enthrall a Dragon! And for any wood elves or people with the shout Animal Alliegance, don't try to take control of their minions or bring any enthralled animals. You will fail, as they can free them easily! You can find Spriggans almost anywhere in Skyrim, as long as you stay in the forests. The best way to kill them early on is fire! Whether it be an enchanted blade or a simple Flames spell, fire is the best way to go.
thCAW742WG.jpg
There is another breed of Spriggan as well, the Matron. They glow red, can heal themselves many times and are much more dangerous. Avoid them untill about level 20.

#3.5: The Silver Hand
These morons can normally only be encountered along the Companions questline, and they are only a real danger to necromantic conjurers, werewolves and vampires. If you bring back any undead, it will take extra damage from their silver swords and die. If you are a vampire, you will take extra damage from their silver swords and die. If you are a werewolf, you will... Well, you get the idea. I know because I have fought them as all three of those things, and the easiest way to kill them is to let other kinds of helpers and followers fight them or use beast form.

#3: City Guards and Chickens
My game was tainted from the start because of a chicken. Freaking chickens! I entered Riverwood and practiced swordfighting on a chicken. Next thing you know I'm outside with three dead bodies stripped of all items and dragging them into the river.
thCAOX9PTH.jpg
One of these was Gerdurr, my quest target. I followed the river, stopping at Whiterun and freaking out because they hated me. I ended up in the frozen North, so I fast travelled back to the Guardian Stones and went backwards, up to Falkreath Holds huge lake. I was killed by Slaughterfish, who would be number six just because you can't even really kill them, and went back to where I saved at Whiterun. I was promptly killed for the umpteenth time, and decided to head to Windhelm. I bummed around up there for about a week and headed back, only to talk to a guard and be arrested for manslaughter. I tried picking the lock, but I was killed again! Anyway, just don't tick off the guards early on unless you're rich, are willing to serve time, or have the perk that lockpicks never break. They can be found along roads and at any building at all in the hold.

#2: Trolls
I once saw a troll single-handedly kill a dragon before Ohdaviing even arrived on the scene. It died a minute later from burns, and it was just a blood dragon, but still! Not even a frost troll, just a normal one. They are easy for me to kill now, but I was killed by one three times climbing the 7'000 steps to High Hrothgar to meet a magical guy who lives way up north in the cold away from civilization who bends time and space with shouts.
thCAMY4T4P.jpg
Anyway, trolls can be very intimidating to new players, but rest assured there is an easy way to kill them. Just stand on a rock and shout him off a cliff or shoot fire at him. He can't get up there if the way up is behind you! They can be found just about anywhere, but the frost trolls are worse. They regenerate health unless on fire. Remember that.

#1: Giants
You really should be called the Giantborn in this game, as they are much more dangerous and much rarer than the Dov. I can't explain so I'll just show you.
i-9HNNHvS-XL[1].jpg
They're found in woods and plains and along roads. They suck because if you get near them with any weapons they just stomp on you. You're dead. The end. My only word of advice is get on top of a rock and fire arrows. Make it a big rock. Distract him maybe? It doesn't matter, one of his mammoths will get you if he doesn't. Just avoid them.

Honorable Mention: Lydia
skyrimcompanions[1].jpg

The Evenstarr

Have sword, will travel.
"Leave their mammoths alone..." lol!
Learned that all too well in my first playthrough.

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
This is a very good topic :eek:
Giants arent that hard with Shadowmere, let me tell you that. I always attack giants then leave shadowmere to go kill them.. Until his health is low.. And runs away while 2 giants and 2 mammoths chase me.. :eek:

Can a type of atronach be one of the difficult to kill creatures? Not the Fire or the Ice atronachs.. I think its called the Storm Atronach.

Those give me trouble with dragon priests...

LOL,very funny but true.

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
Lol thats why i hate followers. Damn Lydia...get outta my...no...NO! *holds hand out* Assistant pimp...powder me up! Whatd the 5 fingers say to the face? Good article either way haha, informative for the newbs, and hilarious for us that have been there done that.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
As a mage I usually have little to no difficulty with the majority of these enemies. Except maybe Falmer as they use strength in numbers, but as a mage, good wards and better shock spells make short use of their magical abilities. I personally recommend chain lightning. Good article though.

Kuros

I agree with all except the falmer and definitely the silver hand, I smash all of them without enchanted gear at level 15, and you definitely should have included chaurus and wispmothers. It's all strategy.

Kuros

If you work to seperate groups of enemies and dont charge in like a maniac, it becomes much easier. Also, trolls are not hard at all at any level, dont care what anyone says. A long swing from a greatsword while backing away from their swings makes quick work of them, the key is dont get cornered.

I must say well written and thanks for the good pictures and laugh especially the last one with Lydia LOLOL.

I still remember I tried killing a giant at level 18, and I find myself flying in the sky with just one of their slam LOL. and of course I even thought i could kill the mammoth but I was again smashed by a 2v1, damn giant came chasing after me.

Kuros

I must say well written and thanks for the good pictures and laugh especially the last one with Lydia LOLOL.

I still remember I tried killing a giant at level 18, and I find myself flying in the sky with just one of their slam LOL. and of course I even thought i could kill the mammoth but I was again smashed by a 2v1, damn giant came chasing after me.
you can kill mammoths easy enough, but it takes time at low levels. Just find a rocky outcropping, something maybe that the mammoth cant get past, but still positions them in front of you to damge with melee if not using spells. With spells you can circle around the obstruction hurling spells and moving when the mammoth gets close.

Savvy Noob

all the enemies are hard at the beginning of the game, then as u level up the game gets easier ,i can kill a giant in 1 hit of my daedric warhammer on master difficulty, at the begiining of the game it ages to kill a wolf

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
Very insightful! Although I hate the dwemer guardians more than the Falmer, which I deal with poisoned arrows, runes and lots of sword-swinging.
Very nice article!

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
This is a very good topic :eek:
Giants arent that hard with Shadowmere, let me tell you that. I always attack giants then leave shadowmere to go kill them.. Until his health is low.. And runs away while 2 giants and 2 mammoths chase me.. :eek:

Can a type of atronach be one of the difficult to kill creatures? Not the Fire or the Ice atronachs.. I think its called the Storm Atronach.

Those give me trouble with dragon priests...

I have only ever fought 2 storm atronachs ever, so I didn't put them on here due to rarity, but yes they are hard, and that shadowmere thing sounds like a good idea. I'll have to try that.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
all the enemies are hard at the beginning of the game, then as u level up the game gets easier ,i can kill a giant in 1 hit of my daedric warhammer on master difficulty, at the begiining of the game it ages to kill a wolf

I know. I am level 81 on my main playthrough.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat

That same thing keeps happening to me on my new playthrough. Every time I get near a giant they launch me higher than Meridia does.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts