• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sputnik

Do any of you use the 4GB Skyrim mod? Is it worth installing? I feel like my client crashes 10x more now that they put the 1.2 patch out, and was thinking giving it some more hardware to eat up might make it run smoother.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I use it. It's worth trying at least if you crash a lot. Sometimes the program crashes because it tries to use more memory than it actually had access to. I can't tell you if it really helps or not because I never had problems with it in the first place.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Nah I can't. I can only run it on very high because i'm playing at 1920x1080 resolution. Listen, it wouldn't hurt to use it. If you have more than 2 GBs of memory it'll be beneficial.

sputnik

Not sure if it was the 1.3 patch or a combination of both the patch and 4GB mod, but I just played for about 2 hours straight with no crashes / texture loss.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
It was probably a little combination of both, but the new patch was supposed to take care of a lot of graphical issues.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts