• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kCin

Thats true, although I will say that while the kinect is an amazing piece of technology, it is nothing more than that. I think it was a horrible mistake for MS to associate the product with Xbox, rather than waiting for a real practical use for the tech.

As for the money inflow, It is not as if the technology of the current generation immediately becomes obsolete when a new one is released, as with an iPhone for example. There will still be plenty of market for Ps3 and 360 games once the new consoles hit, similar to what happened when those consoles were released. I remember choosing my one free Ps3 game when I bought mine on release, and there were like 10 games total to choose from, while most of the people that I knew were still buying and enjoying Ps2 and Xbox games for easily 6 months to a year after the current gen was out.

A new console needs time to develop a solid base of developers that become familiar with the hardware and software requirements of the system, and this can only happen after the console is released. So basically, I think that the idea is that they release the console before the money dries up, because they need to build momentum with game devs in order to get sales following release... If that made any sense. :|

So, in conclusion to my essay, I think we need to look out for new consoles soon :DDD

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t they say that they will stick with this generation for at least two or three more years?

Jeruhmi

I think the next console generation should come out once the Unlimited Detail technology comes out for market. If that happens, console would be just as good as PC in general. There's a lot of doubters but I prefer to be optimistic about this one.
Definitely. I will be playing a lot more video games once the unlimited detail thing is out. Which is said to be next year or 2013.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts