OOC |18+| When Gods Fall

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Harkatti

Sorceress Supreme!
    I would like to know if this is still open for newcomers
    I'd also like to know if this is open. New to the site but not rps.

Yes, and yes. I'm eager to see your characters!

Alright! Nice to see some action on here. So, Harkatti, when do you want to get started?

Soon, hopefully. I hope to have the IC thread up by tonight. That doesn't mean we won't be accepting new characters, however. I'm just excited to get started!

TheArgonianDrell

While I'm a little rusty, I'd love to join, since you're still open. Before I do, a little background information. Apologies if any of this has been posted before and I missed it.

1: Who, if anyone won the civil war? I assume it hasn't been going on the past 20 years.

2: What is the state of the holds in Skyrim? Are we dealing with the same leaders, or have new people stepped in?

3: Ties in with my first question but, was Skyrim ever granted independence? Whether through winning the war, or getting the Empire to recognize their independence?

Harkatti

Sorceress Supreme!
    Hello, ArgonianDrell. All good concerns and questions.

1: Nobody really 'won' the war. After about five years of fighting, with minor farmsteads and villages being raided/destroyed, support for the stormcloaks died down. Ulfric was executed by his own people and Brunwulf free-winter took his place.

On the imperial side, the people of Cyrodiil were getting tired of sending their sons and daughters to skyrim to die. Pressure was placed on the emperor to sue for peace. Eventually Brunwulf and the emperor signed a treaty in Solitude, around 4E 206

2: Most of the hold leaders from before are still alive, except, obviously for Ulfric. Morthal, Falkreath, and most of the villages suffered in the war. For the most part they've recovered, they aren't yet back to their former selves.

3: Skyrim is now free to govern itself, as stated in the treaty, but a garrison of imperial legionnaires is stationed in both Solitude and Windhelm to help restore the peace and act as a rapid response force, should the nords try to strike out at the empire.

Hopefully this helps, and I'll add this to my initial post.

TheArgonianDrell

Thank you. I'll have my card up in a moment.

TheArgonianDrell

Name: Argus Drall

Sex: Male

Class: Assassin

Affiliations: None

Allegiance: None

Alignment: Neutral

Afflictions: None

Appearance: Tall, roughly around six feet (5'8" exactly), with silver blue scales, that are extremely rare on an Argonian. When seen in the moonlight, or direct sunlight, his scales seem to shine. Has a band of black scales, about a hands width starting at the end of his snout, and going all the way down his back, to the tip of his tail. He has dark green, almost black eyes, and has absolutely no horns or feathers(?) on his body. His chest is scarred from several close and nasty fights with Dunmer and other contracts.

Apparel: Wears tight leather armour, and gloves, underneath a long, black overcoat, with a hood. His boots are soft soled, allowing him to move like a shadow, hardly giving himself away to his targets before it is much too late.

Weaponry: A peculiar and unique 'hook-staff'. Six feet of oak, with a sharp hook on one end, made of steel. Midway down the haft of the weapon is a metal device, that, when twisted, separates the two halves of the weapon. When separated, the lower half is revealed to be another weapon, with a more traditional, straight, double edged blade. The bottom of the staff, has a small, steel spike on it, which is used more for walking than combat.

Abilities: Lightning Grasp: An ability that he's honed over his years as an assassin. When fighting in hand to hand combat, he can call upon a destruction based form of magic, drawing lightning to his hands, that allows him to stun, if not outright kill his targets. However, he can only use this ability once per battle.

Fighting Style: Argus is comfortable fighting with the elongated version of his weapon, or the two handed, shorter version, and has mastered both forms. He acknowledges that the former version is more suited to defensive technique, rather than offensive. If the need arises, Bright is adept at hand to hand combat.

Personality: Calm, collected, and easy to get along with, in most circumstances. Although he is an assassin, he only thinks of his body as a weapon, or tool, and thus feels little to no remorse for killing his targets. 'When your sword takes a life, are you responsible, or is the blade?'

History: Born, or rather, 'hatched' in Black Marsh, Argus showed a natural proficiency for silent blade work. By the time he was eighteen, he was able to successfully infiltrate Dunmer fortresses, and assassinate high ranking members of their military, before slipping away once more.

However, young Drall soon began to long for a life outside of the swamps of Black Marsh, and the ash-filled deserts of Morrowwind. He headed north, to Skyrim, and took up trade as a solitary, wandering assassin. Needless to say, this gained him the attention of the Dark Brotherhood, who were none too pleased with his 'poaching' of contracts.

Argus held a disdain for the Brotherhood, as they lacked both subtlety and finesse, in his eyes. He's engaged the assassins on numerous occasions, but has made no move to end their existence. His blades are worth more than what both the Empire and Stormcloaks had offered for the extermination of the sanctuary.

After Ulfrics' forces won the war, Stormcloaks began actively huntingArgus as well, assuming (correctly) that the assassin was responsible for the deaths of several Stormcloak generals. After the death of Ulfric at the hands of his own people, and the end of the war,Argus was left to do as he pleased, for the most part. Having heard of theses mysterious riders and the walking dead, he once more sets foot on the road.

This, for dialogue.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    Name: Laraen Springdale

Race: Bosmer

Sex: Female

Class: Archer

Combat Preference: Shoots a volley of arrows at her opponents until she feels the need to rush into the fight with her twin daggers

Appearance: With bright green eyes and her hair the color of tree bark, if you looked out into the Forrest you wouldn't even notice she was there until it was too late.

Personality: She is kind to a fault, meaning when someone gets on her nerves she may either need a moment for herself or she may just disappear into the shadows as it is. She's known as to be honest to the point of rudeness. She's also been called cunning and ruthless.

History: in a small unnamed village near Falkreath, life was as boring as could be for a young girl. Being the only child in the village didn't help her free spirit find some closure. She would annoy everyone in the village to the point of being forbidden to come outside. In the same year she turned 14 an old man moved into the village. Used to be an Imperial Archer, the townsfolk said. They all kept far away from him, except poor, sweet, little Laraen. She would go out to his house every morning to near the time the moon should've come up. The old man, very unlike the other villagers, saw not an annoyance but a little girl who was in need of something to burn all her energy up. He would give her small fun tasks to do. Like, move my horse out into the field so he may graze. And just anything he could think of that day. One day when Laraen decided to come over earlier than normal, she noticed the old man practicing with his old bow. She was mesmerized by how beautiful the arrows looked in the sky before they landed in the target. Almost like they could fly. The man heard Laraen's gasped intake of breathe, and smiled. Having finally found what the child could like doing, that would still keep her out of everyone's buisness. He began to teach the girl everything he knew. About bows, how to make arrows from stick and sharp rocks, even a few sword tricks should she ever need them.

Skip some years and Laraen is 18 she has been going to see the old man everyday for the past 4 years. But this day was not a happy one. This day as she came into the Old Mans cottage she found him in his bed. Surprised that he would sleep in this long Laraen decided to wake up up, lest he be mad he's slept in. As she shook his shoulder, he didn't move. As she called his name, he didn't wake up. Even as she ran for the healer he did not stir. He was pronounced dead. The Healer the Laraen called for found a note in the mans coat pocket with Laraen's name upon it. He gave the note to the poor heartbroken girl. As she finished reading what it had said she grabbed the old mans bow and left the village. Never to come back, for that was the mans last wish. These people do not diserve you Laraen, you diserve to see the world and all its wonders. You diserve to find the place and the people who will make you truly happy. Go, and never come back.

And she never did.

Rafen

Name: Beran Masros

Race: Nord

Sex: Male

Class and Combat preference: In combat, Beran is an island amidst a sea of foes. He trusts in his sturdy armor to absorb their blows while his mighty greatsword chops through them. However, because of his weapon of choice, he is slightly slower than most other warriors. It would be a fatal mistake to underestimate him though. Besides his sword, he wears a pair of spiked gauntlets, that add a devastating edge to an already powerful punch. Being a two-handed warrior, Beran needs to close the gap with his enemy as soon as possible, or become a target for anyone with a bow.

Weapons: A two handed greatsword, with a leather wrapped hilt, and flat pommel. The blade itself is in good condition, despite Beran having used it for years now. His gauntlets also serve as weapons. Above the knuckles are four, two inch steel spikes, making for deadly close combat weapons.

Armour: Beran wears a coat of battered steel plate. While it's by no means in bad condition, it has clearly seen its fair share of battle. He also wears heavy, armored boots and the spiked gauntlets previously mentioned.

Character Appearance: Beran is a mountain of a man. He stands at 6'5" and weighs around 215lbs, outside of his armor. Heavily muscled from years of training and combat, a quick glance will reveal that he is no stranger to combat. Scars mark his arms, all the way up to the shoulder. Since he's rarely seen out of armor, it can be assumed they continue to cover most of his torso as well. He has shaved his head, revealing even more scars, but his eyebrows and short beard indicate that he has straw colored hair. His eyes are a deep blue, almost black.

Personality: Beran is an outsider, never staying anywhere for long. Not because he dislikes people, but because he feels he does not fit in with normal society. Despite this he is generous and kind, even if you wouldn't know it to look at him. He believes in upholding the law, so long as the law does not oppress the people.

History: Beran has always been a pariah. Growing up in Karthwasten, the other children taunted and avoided him because of his size. When he was able to swing a pickaxe, he worked the mines. There, he found acceptance, if the occasional joke at his expense. When the forsworn attempted to take over the mines, he fought them with nothing more than a mining pick, while the others ran and hid. The mine was closed down after, that, as mercenaries from the Silver-Bloods came in an attempt to force the owner to sell the mine.

He left at the time Ulfrics' rebellion kicked off. With nothing more to do, and drawn to the Stormcloaks' call of freedom, he traveled to Windhelm, and offered himself. For years, Beran was a loyal soldier of the rebellion, killing countless imperials for his king. As the war wore on though, Beran and his unit were ordered to do more and more questionable things. The stormcloaks were getting desperate, and it was starting to show.

The last straw came for Beran when he was ordered to torch Karthwasten. The miners there refused to support the rebels cause, and paid for it. Beran deserted that same night, sick of the atrocities he had committed in the name of freedom. For several years he wandered, doing his best to atone for the deaths' he'd caused as a soldier.

When the plague of undeath broke out, Beran did his best to help people get to safety. He quickly realized that he couldn't do much on his own. Hearing of a call for adventurers and mercenaries, the nord warrior resolves to answer the call.

This, for dialogue colour.

Harkatti

Sorceress Supreme!
    Well, hopefully everyone had a nice weekend. I will try to have the IC thread up tomorrow morning before work.

Rell

Champion of Malacath!
    Damn, looks like I missed a bunch of notifications. But great to see the IC is finally up. Hopefully I can get something up soon.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Hmm. May have to put a character forwards.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Name: Nurian the Masked

Race: Altmer (believed)

Age and Date of Birth: At least a couple of centuries.
    Sexual Preference: Asexual

Class: Mage/wizard

Weapons: Arcane powers

Armour: None to speak of, though he wears black and grey robes, tunic, pants,boots, and an ebony mask, leading to his name.

Combat Preference: Nurian, being a traditional mage, prefers to engage his foe at range. In fact, he must. His lack of close range weapons and armour mean that he'll be in trouble should something be able to close the distance. However, his repetoire of spells are quite formidable, and those that do hope to close with the mage must be formidable indeed.

Character Appearance: Nurian is tall, standing at 6'1",but not particularly bulky. As such, he cuts an intimidating figure, as he is covered in dark cloth, from his head to his toes. This has lead to many rumours about the mysterious mage, including that his body is covered in horrible burns, or otherwise afflicted. The mage himself has never spoken on the matter, and when confronted directly, he deflects the question. His most remarkable physical characteristic is his silver eyes, the only part of his body that is visible.

Personality:
    Nurian is by no means a cruel or indifferent mer. In fact, he will often go out of his way in order to help others. He despises those who are cruel to those less fortunate or unable to defend themselves. However, among 'equals' or experienced warriors, the mage comes across as dismissive and arrogant, getting himself very little in the way of friends.

Likes: Knowledge, exploring ancient ruins, defending the weak.

Dislikes: Seeing others abuse their power. Mercenary types, the more thug like, the worse. Undead.

Quirks: Tends to summon a small ghost light, which he tosses from hand to hand when idle.

Fears:
    Being portrayed as evil, the Thalmor triumphant.

History : Those who have been persistent enough to peer into his past are often thwarted, by the lack of solid information, or by Nurian himself. It is known however that he fought in the great war between the Aldmeri dominion and the Cyrodiilic empire, and was around for several decades before then. Though he initially joined with the Thalmor as they purged the blades from the somerset isles, and hatched their plans to dominated most of Tamriel, he quickly became disgusted by their practices.

Shortly after the great war, Nurian severed all ties with the Thalmor, something that did not go over well with the Thalmor themselves. A group of them stormed his residence in the city of Dusk, and a magical battle of epic proportions took place there. When the dust settled, the kill team was dead, and Nurian was nowhere to be found.

A little over a year later, a shrouded figure began disrupting Thalmor operations throughout Elsweyr and Valenwood. The inability of the justiciar patrols to identify their tormentor, leading to them naming him 'the masked'. The title appealed to Nurian, and though he's moved steadily northwards, he has since introduced himself as 'Nurian the masked.' He was working with the mages of Winterhold when the plague struck, and the dead walked. Now, he heads to Whiterun, to provide what aid he may.

Dialogue color:
    This.

Signus

@Alty I hope it's alright that I included Morthain in my intro. I thought that as a bounty hunter, he'd be drawn to a commotion. Especially if somebody is running away.

Rafen

In that case I'll have Beran head over. He's the kind to rush towards a fight. Well I guess commotion in this case, but you guys get the idea.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts