OOC [18+] The War of the Holds

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Name: Sair Jahan

Alias: The lady of daggers, mistress of secrets.

Sex: Female

Race: Khajiit

Sexuality: Bisexual, but prefers girls.

Relationship/Marital status: Single

Laterality: Ambidextrous

Afflictions: N/A

Appearance: Covered in ashy grey coloured fur, Sair Jahan is noticable not just for her curves, but the amber colouration of her eyes, and the white stripes that cover her face and seem to twist and swirl all over her body. She stands five feet, eight inches though her height has never been her greatest assets. She has a lithe build, along with unusually long ears. A trio of gold earrings are situated one each ear. Both of her hands, her torso, and her throat are heavily scarred, but thanks to her fur, are hidden from view, unless she wants someone to see them.

Armour: She wears a long grey coat, with the right side exposing her leg from the hip down. While the coat provides no actual armour, she does wear very lightweight dark coloured leather armour over her torso and upper legs. The armour is not made up front combat, so Sair has to be careful about where and when she decides to fight.

Weaponry: A slender short sword, that she keeps on a sheathe on her back. The blade curves slightly at the tip, but is otherwise unremarkable. Her preferred weapons are the half-dozen or so daggers that she keeps secreted on her person. They are varied in length and form, but never more than six inches in length.

Class: Courtesan/assassin.

Combat preference: She would much rather use her wiles to avoid fighting at all. But when she does have to fight, she does so by picking off the enemy one by one, until she can either slip away, or she is sure she can take the survivors in a 'fair fight'.

Personality: Sair comes off as more than a little cocky, but she never enters a situation she is not sure she can gain control of. She is shrewd and cunning, but hides this behind an air of friendliness and warmth, catching people off guard. She is more than happy to be underestimated, as playing the mindless ditz often gets her more information than threats and blades. Due to her background as a courtesan, she doesn't believe in making connections, unless she believes they will prove useful to her in the future.

Religion: Not anymore.

Positive traits: Intelligent, strategic, adaptive.

Negative traits: Cocky, manipulative, secretive.

Likes: Secrets, being underestimated, arrogant people (for a different reason than you might think.)

Dislikes: Naivety, religion, bandits.

Fears: Being helpless.

History: Sair Jahan was born in the imperial city, on the outskirts, away from the glamorous splendor that was reserved for the more influential citizens. She never knew her father and her mother scowled and changed the subject whenever he was brought up. Her mother spent long days selling fish from lake Rumare and while it wasn't much, it was enough to keep Sair and herself fed. But some days were harder than other, and winters were the hardest.

During one harsh winter, her mother went to her little shack to sell what she could. She never came home. The guards found her body in a dingy alleyway, slashed and brutalized. No one was ever found to be guilty, though Sair doubted the guard looked very hard. With no way to pay for her home, she ended up turning to the oldest of professions.

Uncontent to be a common street whore, Sair learned to gather secrets, and began trading information, as well as her body. With in five years, she had worked her way into the wealthy parts of the Imperial City, and was known as both a high class courtesan and information broker. While this came with prestige, it also came with risk. Secrets in the higher circles of the Imperial City were more valuable than gold, and more dangerous than a raging orc.

One of Sairs' more petulant clients learned that Sair knew something she shouldn't. He hired a brotherhood assassin to ensure her silence, and the assassin nearly succeeded. One evening, as she left a clients' home, she was attacked, and nearly killed by the assassins' frenzied blades. However, the client she had been visiting just so happened to be the captain of the city guard. Hearing the commotion, he and his personal guard stormed out of his manner and arrived just in time to see Sair bleeding out.

Using his own connections and calling in a couple of favours, he managed to save the khajiiti womans' life. However, she was traumatised by the event and left the city behind shortly after. Resolving never to be helpless again, she spent much of her not inconsiderable fortune making herself disappear and hiring the best bladesmen and assassins to teach her what they knew. For half a decade, she all but vanished from the face of Nirn.

Then, five years later, she reappeared in southern High Rock as the enigmatic lady of daggers. She rebuilt her reputation among breton nobility as information broker, courtesan, and occasionally, assassin. It was during this time that information came to her of a vampire threat from the frozen land of Skyrim. Normally, she would have avoided such a crisis. But having her clients killed off by ravening undead was bad for business, so she has made her way to the northmost province of the Empire.

Dialogue Colour: This

Hope you don't mind another khajiit, :p

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Name: Halorin Morvaen

Alias: The whispered blade

Age: Over a century, but due to elven aging, appears to be in his mid thirties to early forties.

Sex: Male

Race: Altmer

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Relationship/Marital status: Widower/ single

Laterality: Ambidextrous, but favours the left.

Afflictions: Cursed to relive his wifes' last moments by a sorcerer. Meditation helps, but it sometimes catches him by surprise.

Appearance: Only standing at five feet, eleven inches, Halorin is considered short for a high elf, or average at best. His hair is kept short, and a light blonde, easily mistaken for white on sunny days or from a distance. He's lean and clearly in good physical shape, with more than a few scars to show from past fights. His eyes are an unusual shade of grey-blue, definitely out of the norm for a high elf.

Armour: Darkened leather armour designed more to facilitate speed and stealth than protection in the case of prolonged combat. Over this, he wears a dark,hooded robe, designed to conceal his identity and offer some protection from the elements.

Weaponry: A pair of finely crafted aldmeri blades, forged from moonstone, making them considerably lighter than the average sword. The blades are slightly curved, though calling them scimitars is a bit of a stretch. He also carries an engraved elven dagger, that belonged to his wife. He is also a skilled hand to hand fighter, having learned that carrying a sword does not always mean the user won't be disarmed.

Miscellaneous: His wedding band, on a leather necklace, a coin purse with a few dozen septims, and several days worth of food and water.

Class: Nightblade, former thalmor agent.

Known spells: Prefers ice and lightning from the destruction school of magic, all adept or lower in level.

Combat preference: Halorin prefers the element of surprise and will generally use his blades over his magic. In one on one combat, he overwhelms the enemy with superior blade and footwork. When faced with a group, he utilizes his magic to slow or incapacitate the foe until he is in a superior position. Of course, if things look to be going poorly, he is more than happy to let some of his allies step in.

Personality: Stoic and slow to anger, Halorin lacks the arrogance of his kin. He generally accepts that most things are beyond his control and no amount of emotion will change that. His calm demeanor has lead to people accusing him of being apathetic to his situation and comrades, but that is only because of his past experiences. Even when angered, it is a cold, focused fury, that never interferes with the task at hand.

Religion: Eight Divines

Positive traits: Calm, intelligent, loyal

Negative traits: Cold, loner (most times), slightly judgemental.

Dislikes: Biased people, chaos, thalmor

Fears: Getting close to people. Alternatively, losing those he gets close to.

History: Halorin was born on the northmost isle of the somerset isles, in the city of Skywatch. Halorin always had penchant for stealth and no small aptitude for both magic and blademanship. This, of course, brought him to the attention of the Thalmor, just as they were coming to power. He was trained as a deadly and silent agent for them, removing obstacles that stood in their way, by intimidation or elimination. While most would condemn his actions as those of a ruthless killer, Halorin never had any personal stake in the killings.

He did not share the thalmor ideals and merely saw the tasks they assigned him as just that; tasks that needed to be completed. Nevertheless, he gained quite a reputation as a deadly agent of the new order, and even the hint of his arrival was enough to quell rebellion. Halorin continued to serve his masters for several decades, mindlessly obeying orders, until he met the woman he would eventually marry.

Amariel was a thorn in the thalmors' side long before Halorin was detailed to 'remove' her. When he arrived outside the city of Firsthold, he approached the task as he had all others. He was quickly impressed by her ability to not only match his skills with a blade, but escape and evade capture. For over a decade, the two pursued one another, seeking to either end the threat they represented, or remove a thorn from their masters' side. Somewhere along the way, Halorin became personally involved, but not in the way he or his masters had anticipated.

Eventually, their rivalry turned to genuine respect and from there, blossomed into a romance. They married in secret, and Halorin reported her death to the thalmor, all while making plans to flee the isles. They eventually managed to escape on a naval vessel bound for High Rock, settling down away from the prying eyes of the thalmor. They had a son, together, Halandrin, though Halorin never managed to spend much time with his family, as he had taken on freelance assassination jobs to make a living for the three of them.

Usually, these people were the unsavoury dregs of society, bandits, slavers, and pirates. It was part of Halorins' new code to slay the unjust, rather than those he was merely told to kill. Unfortunately, news of this new threat spread among High Rocks' criminal underworld and by chance or treachery, those criminal elements discovered the existence of Halorins' family.

When he arrived home after a job that had taken him to the very edges of the province, he found his wife dying and son missing. In a rage, the altmer tracked his wifes' killers, found their hideout, and slaughtered them to a man. But not before a sorcerer, either working with or employed by the bandits, cursed him to forever be haunted by his wifes' last moments.

With little more to live for, Halorin continued his jobs, but with a focus on finding his missing son, unable or unwilling to believe that he was dead. News of the crisis in Skyrim has drawn him, both to offer his blades, and give him a new venue to search for Halandrin. Whether a fools hope or not, Halorin makes his way to the town of Riverwood, in Skyrim.

Dialogue Colour: This magenta-purple.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    I have to ask; how do you keep comong up with characters that manage to be borh sexy and pretty damn intimidating?

@TheShadedOne

Well I've never liked the whole damsel in distress idea. I don't really mean for my characters to be 'intimidating'. More like, capable of looking good and kicking ass at the same time, without taking it to extremes.

Hale Loneshadow

I love these new characters, everyone! Can't wait to see them in action.

Also, just a couple general notes moving forward:

In order to keep the pace from dulling out on the RP, once in awhile I might ask that we all do a "scene jump" type of deal; for example, once we all leave Riverwood (depending on how that might happen and what might happen!) I would say we should do a "scene jump" that lands at least the main group at the next primary point or objective. Just to keep our attention, the action and fun flowing, and to corral the more ADD-inclined (myself being very much included in this!). Hope y'all are okay with this idea; any other ideas are welcome.

In any case, I cannot express how excited and hopeful I am for this RP; in any case, it's nice to be active on these forums after some years - it's even better seeing old friends and RP buddies! So keep the creative juices flowing everyone

Nascent

Hale, it seems we've got a fairly big crew forming for this. A suggestion, if I may:

To keep things moving forward, it might be a good idea to do what both RPGs and horror movies say to never do -- split the party. By my count we have 12 characters signed up for this storyline right now, so even if a few don't end up being active for the whole run we're looking at a sizable cadre of heroes and nearly as many writers in the mix. You know the story we're heading into best, so I of course defer to you as "GM" here, but temporarily separating things into two new RP threads to chase separate but important objectives in defeating the vamp-necro queen would keep us moving at a brisk pace story-wise. Your thoughts?

Hale Loneshadow

@Nascent

Excellent heads up! Thank you. Yeah, I noticed that myself this evening and started thinking about this. Good suggestion, I'm going to use a variant of that that'll look like this:

In the in-game setting, we'll have some plops go down in Riverwood, and as a result everyone learns new vital intel; this is when Hale will designate a lieutenant that will, as you suggested, lead a separate group of characters to another objective. Maybe I could even contrive of another character, so as to be "present" in both groups?

Hale and Co. will meet with them before the final showdown, which wouldn't be for a bit because the whole civil war, current politics, and heavy militarization of Skyrim will be coming into play to bring troubles for all of our characters! Both the separate thread/group and the main one will have issues with this when trying to deal with the necro-vamps.

Let me know what you guys think of this idea! And I'm sorry to anyone else, but an even dozen is more than I even realized we had atm; as such, unless anyone tells me directly that they're going to be dropping out, I'm shifting this RP to a "closed" status. Be proud y'all! We filled another RP on this site. A few more like this and it'll be like 2012 around here.

Hale Loneshadow

Oh noes, I think I pulled a big goof and forgot you can't edit titles here. So, unless there's somehow a way, the main RP is going to have that [OPEN] next to it. For anyone reading this...it's not open as of now, I'm a goofus who forgot one of the biggest functions on this site

Nascent

@Nascent

Excellent heads up! Thank you. Yeah, I noticed that myself this evening and started thinking about this. Good suggestion, I'm going to use a variant of that that'll look like this:

In the in-game setting, we'll have some plops go down in Riverwood, and as a result everyone learns new vital intel; this is when Hale will designate a lieutenant that will, as you suggested, lead a separate group of characters to another objective. Maybe I could even contrive of another character, so as to be "present" in both groups?

Hale and Co. will meet with them before the final showdown, which wouldn't be for a bit because the whole civil war, current politics, and heavy militarization of Skyrim will be coming into play to bring troubles for all of our characters! Both the separate thread/group and the main one will have issues with this when trying to deal with the necro-vamps.

Let me know what you guys think of this idea! And I'm sorry to anyone else, but an even dozen is more than I even realized we had atm; as such, unless anyone tells me directly that they're going to be dropping out, I'm shifting this RP to a "closed" status. Be proud y'all! We filled another RP on this site. A few more like this and it'll be like 2012 around here.

Sounds good to me! Glad I could be of assistance. ^_^

Signus

Hale, it seems we've got a fairly big crew forming for this. A suggestion, if I may:

To keep things moving forward, it might be a good idea to do what both RPGs and horror movies say to never do -- split the party. By my count we have 12 characters signed up for this storyline right now, so even if a few don't end up being active for the whole run we're looking at a sizable cadre of heroes and nearly as many writers in the mix. You know the story we're heading into best, so I of course defer to you as "GM" here, but temporarily separating things into two new RP threads to chase separate but important objectives in defeating the vamp-necro queen would keep us moving at a brisk pace story-wise. Your thoughts?

Not the point, but I resent Dareth being referred to as a hero.

Rafen

When I get around to posting (I think I have tomorrow off, so probably then,) I think I'll have Djor start off outside Riverwood, since his family is known and not especially liked around there.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    So...should we call it or what?

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Well, we haven't finished posting introductions, but I have noticed Hale hasn't been on in almost two weeks. In other news, Aethalia and I have a mismash of Dusk and Nightfall enroute, if you're interested.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts