OOC 18+ The Madgod's Request

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    OH, and Kitty, I've been meaning to ask you. Is the Wyldfyre in the RP the same as the one within your Fan Fiction, or is she separate from the Fan Fiction's activities? I wasn't sure if this was helping Wyldfyre as the Dragonborn, or rather helping Wyldfyre as her own character.

Well it is Wyldfyre, but not exactly.. it's Wyldfyre if she never got caught and taken to Helgen.. She still has the terrible past and all the same traits and such, but was not captured when she arrived in Skyrim. Plus, as is in other Rp's she is not Dragonborn.
    So still her personality and whatnot, but a different story.. like a sliding doors movie. lol.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    Ok, so just to give you guys a taste of what is happening in the near future:

Once Wyldfyre's party get close to Windhelm and meet up with Elenwen (it will be fairly late at night), our group will start to go inside Windhelm but will be stopped at the stables by a Dremora Lord and 2 accompanying Daedroth. They have been sent by a rival of Sheogorath and are tasked with retrieving the Amulet and delivering it to their Daedric Prince.

They slaughter the stable hands and horses and than turn their attention on the weary group. This is the first encounter with this particular Dremora Lord who is a high ranking officer within the Daedric Lords army. He will be featured throughout the adventure at inopportune times... just to make the journey that much more dangerous :D

Any questions you have about this encounter will be answered once we get to Windhelm :p

This is just one of the many random encounters that this adventure holds and that Kitty and I have discussed to make sure that our young party keeps their wits about them and to keep the interest into our avid writers.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    So, when are ya'll expecting more posts? I ask because I'm having a bit of computer trouble at the momment, and was hoping I would have time to get it all sorted out.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

ShadowMage

Article Writer
    Specifically for shadow kitty to see. I know it's closed but Irishman might consider opening a spot for this char.

Name: Illiad Rorik
    Aliases: Man of Armor, The Smith, Ill.
    Sex: Male
    Sexual Preference: Woman
    Race: Nordic Imperial
    Profession: Armor and weapon smith
    Class: 1H Sword and Shield warrior, smith
    Residence: Whiterun
    Religion: Stendar and Talos
    Affiliations: Companions
    Alignment: Neutral
    Property: BreezeHome,

Appearance: Illiad is a tall, dark man. He has a rough beard and really short, black hair. Muscular, upwards 300 pounds and 6'5. He has surprisingly light blue eyes. He has a scar on his right arm for protecting a child from a bear. He has a mean look that doesn't reflect his personality.

Apparel: He wears an advanced Iron armor all over his head. He made is armor by melting iron, ebony, dragon bone, and putting a daedric heart together to create a sturdy material. He forged it to have the appearance of Iron Armor.
    He wears a black cloak when traveling that can be pulled over like robes.
    He wears an amulet passed down from his father and his father's father and so on. It is made from silver and has dragon language carved on it.
    He keeps his sword on his right hip because he is left handed. He always carries his shield on his back.

Weaponry: He has an Iron Sword and shield, both made out of the same metal as his armor. Had an iron dagger hidden in is belt. Made out of the metal everything else is.

Combat: He always keeps his shield up. It is larger than other Iron shields, so it covers more. He stands crouched to be around the same level as his enemies. Instead of mostly slashing, he tries to stab his foes. When that won't work, he will bash his foe and slash at their neck. Very methodical.

Magic: Magically inept.

Personality: Extremely protective. He has taken the blows for many of his friends or even children he doesn't know. He believes in Chivalry and fights his enemies mean but fair. He is kind-hearted but he doesn't show it most often to keep his intimidating look. He hates being alone but doesn't want to find any for companionship.

Dislikes: Thalmor, magic, false justice

Hobbies: He can fluently speak dragon language and is interested in finding out about Daedric Artifacts.

History: He was born and raised in Whiterun to a Nord Father and Imperial Mother. Very bland background. He hasn't been on many adventures in his life. Usually doesn't go too far away from Whiterun.
    Last time he traveled away it was to kill a dragon to craft his new sword.

His parents died when he was 17, when he picked up smithing to care for his two younger sisters. He tried to protect both of them, but the youngest died of disease.
    The other sister, now 29, lives with him in BreezeHome.
    Joined the Companions when he was 30. He immediately got into the circle and became a werewolf. Started smithing with the companion smith and used that as his primary income, other than the companions.

He took a blow from a bear when he was 32, to protect a child.
    He married that child's mother, her name was Ida.
    Tried to start a family, but he couldn't. he found out he was sterile. His wife took her life for unknown reasons.
    He hasn't had many human interactions since her death.

This would be my dialogue color.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I like the CC Shadow, it shows promise, however, I have some things that I think should be added to make it all the better.

The armor he uses, it seems super strong, but the ingredients used to make it seem a bit rare and hard to achieve. I only mean the daedra heart and dragon bones. It would be a challenge for even a trained warrior to fight a dragon, let alone a Daedra. You say your character doesn't venture far from Whiterun, and you never specify his battle experience, so how would he get these materials. I would say maybe explain the origins of these ingredients a bit, to justify his using them. Maybe he found the bones somewhere?

Now, if you wish to stick with him battling dragons, which I like, you need to explain more of his experience with battle. It isn't very likely that a man who rarely leaves home can just go and fight a dragon. Was he in the Legion, or the Rebellion? Does he often battle among the Companions? This then leads to his place in the RP.

If he doesn't interact much with people because of the death of his wife, why does he join Wyldfyre's cause? What would make Wylfyre wish him to help?

Along with those, I think it would be cool to maybe detail how or why he knows Dragon Tongue. Maybe just a breif explanation that you can detail as your character develops.

Honestly, it has great potential, however if you clarify these things, its potential could be fulfilled. At least in my eyes. However, the ultimate decision boils down to Iman and Kitty.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Sorry for typos and grammar errors. I'm on My tablet with tapatalk, and they're easy to miss .

ShadowMage

Article Writer
    Specifically for shadow kitty to see. I know it's closed but Irishman might consider opening a spot for this char.

Appearance: Illiad is a tall, dark man. He has a rough beard and really short, black hair. Muscular, upwards 300 pounds and 6'5. He has surprisingly light blue eyes. He has a scar on his right arm for protecting a child from a bear. He has a mean look that doesn't reflect his personality.

Apparel: He wears an advanced Iron armor all over his head. He made is armor by melting iron, ebony, dragon bone, and putting a daedric heart together to create a sturdy material. He forged it to have the appearance of Iron Armor.
    He wears an amulet passed down from his father and his father's father and so on. It is made from silver and has dragon language carved on it.
    He keeps his sword on his right hip because he is left handed. He always carries his shield on his back.

Weaponry: He has an Iron Sword and shield, both made out of the same metal as his armor. Had an iron dagger hidden in is belt. Made out of the metal everything else is.

Combat: He always keeps his shield up. It is larger than other Iron shields, so it covers more. He stands crouched to be around the same level as his enemies. Instead of mostly slashing, he tries to stab his foes. When that won't work, he will bash his foe and slash at their neck. Very methodical.

Personality: Extremely protective. He has taken the blows for many of his friends or even children he doesn't know. He believes in Chivalry and fights his enemies mean but fair. He is kind-hearted but he doesn't show it most often to keep his intimidating look. He hates being alone but doesn't want to find any for companionship.

Hobbies: He can fluently speak dragon language and is interested in finding out about Daedric Artifacts.

History: He was born and raised in Whiterun to a Nord Father and Imperial Mother. Very bland background. He hasn't been on many adventures in his life. Usually doesn't go too far away from Whiterun.

His parents died when he was 17, when he picked up smithing to care for his two younger sisters. He tried to protect both of them, but the youngest died of disease.
    Joined the Companions when he was 30. He immediately got into the circle and became a werewolf. Started smithing with the companion smith and used that as his primary income, other than the companions.

Tried to start a family, but he couldn't. he found out he was sterile. His wife took her life for unknown reasons.

UPDATED HISTORY:

He found out about the Dragon Language because his family line goes all the way back to Dragon worshippers. It is family tradition to speak Dragon Language and fluently recite a speech/chant at age 15.
    At age 17, after he and his two sisters were orphaned, he picked up Smithing in Whiterun.
    When he was 19, and his sister died at 3. Although that helped him financially, it wrecked him emotionally.
    The same year, when his sister turned 13, he joined the Legion. They moved to the Imperial City for a time.
    At this time, he went on many expeditions and adventures. One of his adventures, near the border of Skyrim, he found an ancient burial ground. It had a large Skeleton sticking out of the ground. He took some parts of the bone and left.
    He started to become more and more interested in Daedric Artifacts. That led him towards killing several Dremora and other daedra. He inspected their armor to find it's recipe. Ebony and the Soul of a Daedra were the main components.
    He started taking their hearts afar each kill, although there weren't many.
    Illiad moved back to Whiterun to Smith and be a Companion again. He was 33 at the time. He left his sister behind, because she had a new love for big cities.
    He rose the ranks until he became Harbinger, and became a werewolf.
    He decided that he wanted challenge himself. He melted the bones he found and the hearts e collected, along with ebony and iron he collected, into powerful armor. He only had enough to make everything but a helmet. He also crafted a dagger, sword and shield out of the material.
    He was both in the Legion and a Companions for a time. He was General for a short time, although that ended when he couldn't control his Werewolf transformation and ended up killing a child in Solitude. He paid heavy fines and was let go from the Legion, relying on the Companions for income.
    At 34, he became interested in a woman, Ida. They wanted to start a family, but found out he was sterile.
    Later that week, Ida committed suicide for unknown reasons.
    He had stopped adventuring for the time. He had experienced too many tragedies throughout his life to want to experience more.
    His interest in Daedra wants to make him join Wyldfire, although they never met each other. He wants to come out of his shell and study Daedra and their effects on humanity.

He already has a decent amount of knowledge on Daedra, so that's why Wyldfire would want him to help her.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Whether we like the CC or not, if we ever DO open up a new spot in the RP it will go to whomever asked us first (if Iman and I liked their application, if not the next one and so on). There is a line and we have to do what is fair for all concerned.

That being said, I like most of your Cc Shadowmage. For me personally though, I feel your character may to too OP for what we are looking for. If you are not opposed to it, there would have to be some changes.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    That being said, I like most of your Cc Shadowmage. For me personally though, I feel your character may to too OP for what we are looking for. If you are not opposed to it, there would have to be some changes.

I have to agree with Kitty. As Im sure I have said in this thread before, this journey is meant to be a struggle. We want realistic characters. Just to put it in perspective (and please correct me if I am wrong with anything), Illiad is 35 and:

- Has been a Harbinger or the Companions
    - Has been a General in the Imperial Army
    - Is an uncontrollable Were
    - Has slayed multiple Dremora/Daedra
    - Is a very accomplished Smith that has created and crafted his own unique armour (which sounds a bit Lore breaking imo)
    - Can fluently recite Dragon Language (I actually like this part of your character and could be developed to be really interesting, not Over-Powered)

Also its only been a year since his wife died, is he really keen for an adventure?

To me this list is WAY to large. I expect Generals and Harbingers to be at LEAST 40 and even than its 1 or the other and they are an exceptional case. If I was to really consider this character there would have to be some major restructuring that may make you not want to participate. We have a huge Orc warrior, we have an intelligent ranger/alchemist, we have an apprentice Conjuration mage and in the que we have a sneaky, outcast archer/thief.

What dont we have?

- A merchant who is exceptional with his words but is afraid of Mammoths.
    - An odd scholar who can read and speak in Dragon Language so well that he can make a Dov pause before he attacks for a conversation.
    - A chef who absolutely must get to Solitude for a food convention but he is so outcast for his natural ability that he cant take carriages or be seen on the roads.
    - An apprentice smith to (the companions smith-cant member his name) who has been tasked with delivering a glass sword to a Lt in the Imperial Legion. It cannot be stolen by bandits so he must make the journey a little differently.
    - A traveling bard who has been touched by Sheogorath. He has talked nonsense for years but as soon as he saw Wyldfyre there is an instant connection and it clears his mind (he has a mean baseball swing with his chrome Ukelele ;) )

Its these types of CREATIVE characters that we would be more inclined to help Wyldfyre with this journey. She has protection. We just need an interesting story.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    i was first bitches.... kidding

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    We are waiting for Doom to post so we can get to the next morning. I would like it to be ASAP as I am leaving on holiday on Thursday for ten days and will not be posting during that time (Unless I get Iman to take over my character)

SO POST PLEASE!!

Whoa whoa whoa, what should I post about? Waking up tomorrow? I'm so confused

ShadowMage

Article Writer

Updated Apparel: He wears plain iron armor. Although, his sword is still made of the Dragon-iron-daedric material, but only his sword.

Changes to his history: Instead of his wife dying when he was 34, she died when she was 43. 5 years ago.
    He has only killed two Dremora. Still a good combatant, although more of a researcher on Daedra than anything else.
    Still fluently speaks Dragon.
    He still was General, but this time at 45 instead of 33.
    He became Harbinger at 43.
    Also, if you didn't see, he is 47 now.

Maybe the most important change: He lost his LEFT ARM to a bear protecting a child 1 year ago. He had to have it healed instantly and was lucky he survived. As such, he has to use smarts over strength, because he doesn't have a shield.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts