• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Heyo everyone I'm back! Apologies for the delay. I'm currently looking for jobs, and am mostly likely transferring from my university to a different due to it being a literal hell for two years now. So, I've been busy. Plus the whole tornado outbreak thing. Turns out an official 15 tornadoes from 2 storm cells. EF4 WAYYYY too close to home, as well as many crazy EF3s and EF2s. Lots of damage and we've been helping out the community as much as we can without getting in the way (which is surprisingly very easy to do... especially when you don't have money to donate and that's all they need.)

Anyway, I'm glad everyone is doing well, and I'm very happy for you Hart! I too am getting rid of some toxicity in my life currently so I suppose we can get through this together! And of course, everyone is here to support one another.

I'll go ahead and catch up on the thread and reply where I need to! :)

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    So I'm still here and around but I've been too busy for me to even be on a computer lately...

My job has me working at two stores nearly 30 miles separate from each other, sometimes both in the same day--and full shifts at each. This isn't much of a problem for my wallet and my bills, but my free time is suffering severely. On top of that, I'm 6 months into a committed relationship that's going fluffing amazing--so any free time I do have is going towards cultivating that as well as the rest of my life. Which consists of some final schooling things, setting up a new job, setting up a new apartment in a new city, saving more money than I can make, and paying more money than I can afford given I need to save more than I make...yes while working nearly 80 hours a week at work.

BUT. My darling love has pointed out that just because our life is busy and stressful and kinda sucks right now doesn't mean it has to always FEEL that way...and she pointed out that one of the many ways I'd help keep myself from feeling the stress, was writing and being a part of this stuff. So I'm gonna try to be here again, but like this time I won't feel guilty about making promises cause I have the support of being here from my support system.

NOW RAMBLING ASIDE DEAR FRIENDS.

I honestly don't know where to begin. My character Kyneth is pretty burnt out creatively, and I see no point mucking up the amazing writing we have here trying to be a loner with him and ignoring all your characters as I have been. And Thorriniir, though I love him, he's disconnected AF from the lot of you--he doesn't venture into cities, and kinda likes to keep to himself. Plus, the little I did write of him with you guys was essentially set up to be short-lived anyhow. As the little group he encountered was going to a restricted area for his character.

So, I propose to thee this, @Zelda and company: I come back to you with a fresh charrie that I can jump into this with, and fit into whatever adventures the lot of you have going for your characters. I'm gonna do some quick reading to catch up with the lot of you and see if a concept comes to mind.

ALSO: Just gotta say it's so great to hear that life goes on and is getting better for the lot of you! It's so nice to hear, honestly. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. XD

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Perhaps a character that could help start the next part of your character's journey @Keidivh ? Just spit-ballin'.

I've kinda had an idea for a young, impressionable, paladin + healer type character. Tries to balance abiding the commandments of the gods and helping those in desperate need, in a province torn up by strife, war, poverty and violent dangers. He'd be dry and sarcastic, so he'd get along swimingly with Rolard, well read and educated about the culture and politics of High Rock, so he'd get along with with Valencia, and knows a fair bit about mining, ores and gems so he'd at least be able to converse with Ihilyn.

Last edited:

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Perhaps a character that could help start the next part of your character's journey @Keidivh ? Just spit-ballin'.

I've kinda had an idea for a young, impressionable, paladin + healer type character. Tries to balance abiding the commandments of the gods and helping those in desperate need, in a province torn up by strife, war, poverty and violent dangers. He'd be dry and sarcastic, so he'd get along swimingly with Rolard, well read and educated about the culture and politics of High Rock, so he'd get along with with Valencia, and knows a fair bit about mining, ores and gems so he'd at least be able to converse with Ihilyn.
    Hey man, sorry to hear works been so hectic, but that's awesome to hear your relationship has been going so great! It always warms my heart to hear people bring so happy!

As for a new charrie, I'd definitely welcome one, though I shall miss your old ones! And aye, especially with the princess of Evermore and a Thalmor commander close by, I think an exciting new chapter is nearing dear Rolard :p Speaking of him, I should get my post up!

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    Hey guys! Sorry for the inactivity on my part. A lot of life stuff and what not. Just graduated from college a while back and am starting work with this graphic design company fairly soon. Sooo pretty productive couple months for my standards. But I'm honestly happy to see things looking up for everyone here, as you're all definitely deserving of good vibes heading your way :D

Onto the RP stuff, trying my hardest to write something up for Gor, but I'll admit, I'm not that good imo when it comes to 1-on-1 Rps, and I still can't decide on a certain MAJOR part of his personality which makes writing posts for him all the more brain-wrenching, so my bad if I'm falling behind with that story @Zelda

On the flipside. since Azrael is a villain that will come and go through the story, he def works great in 1-on-1 situations, and I can't wait to weave him further into the story with you all (as my last post suggests, he already has a small bit of info on the group's history in High Rock, such as all the stuff that went down in Wayrest)

Anyway, hope y'all are having swell day, friends!

Hart

Sassmaster
    @Keidivh I'm??? not actually sure what direction to go with this??

jskjfsk Okay because like? Connotations are a thing and I could take this in a few different ways, so if you have any ideas of how you want this to develop, then let me know. Because honestly, this could be like, a romance thing, a betrayal thing, an "all is forgiven" thing and like a plops ton of others but I don't know what people are comfortable with and it's fluffin with my brain.

So is the lack of sleep and stress of moving but we'll talk about that later lol

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    @Keidivh I'm??? not actually sure what direction to go with this??

jskjfsk Okay because like? Connotations are a thing and I could take this in a few different ways, so if you have any ideas of how you want this to develop, then let me know. Because honestly, this could be like, a romance thing, a betrayal thing, an "all is forgiven" thing and like a plops ton of others but I don't know what people are comfortable with and it's fluffin with my brain.

So is the lack of sleep and stress of moving but we'll talk about that later lol
    Ha, sorry to hear things have been so hectic, hopefully everything will calm down a bit for you! Is the move still ongoing?

As for direction, I'm curious what you mean by betrayal, as in Ihly feels betrayed by Rols actions? And I have had the impression there was a possibility of romance between them, I'd love to see what'd happen if we went that direction. It certainly wouldn't be a smooth relationship:p

Hart

Sassmaster
    @Keidivh Yup, move still ongoing, we get into our new place the 2nd of July.

But yea, if you and Zelda are cool with it, I can go with the romance aspect of it. But no, I meant more like Ihylin betraying him, but I can’t see it fitting with her character. I should have a post this evening.

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Oh my gosh, if Ihylin betrayed him that would be heartbreaking! I can't even begin to fathom how he would react! Part of me kinda wants to see that happen, but on the other hand I really don't!

Hart

Sassmaster
    Oh my gosh, if Ihylin betrayed him that would be heartbreaking! I can't even begin to fathom how he would react! Part of me kinda wants to see that happen, but on the other hand I really don't!

I don’t think I will, haha. That just seems a little too cruel.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I'm almost completely finished with my new character! I've honestly kinda hammered out this idea I've had in my mind for a while, and without even trying he's a guy that is going to jive so well with the lot of your characters. He's got something to offer the entire little adventure y'all are on right now, and has a lot of potential for really good personal growth and relationship building. He's young but wiser than his years, and despite being a pretty loyal servant of the gods, he's not incredibly bound to traditionally strict practices in following them. As he might say, "The gods are pretty vague in a lot of their teachings--I think this is because they want us to figure it all out for ourselves; they want us to be better, not trained."

Anywho, I'm super duper excited to get him to you guys. Just gotta work on the finishing touches; editting and formatting to be posted here and he'll be up in no-time! I'll patiently await @Zelda for her approval before posting anything for him in the IC, and I'll make sure that I wait for a good time to jump into the writing flow (Rol and Ihylin are center stage and I couldn't possibly interrupt such good stuff!) :3

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    I can't wait to see him mate, knowing the quality you put out I know it's going to be stellar! =)

And aw, you flatterer <3

Hart

Sassmaster
    I can't wait to see him mate, knowing the quality you put out I know it's going to be stellar! =)

And aw, you flatterer <3
    AH HOLY HELL there’s so much I can work with here, Keidivh you blessing! I’ll try to get something typed up as soon as humanly possible

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Aw thank you!
    I was questioning the quality of that post there, so hearing that makes me happy! =)

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    (New CC template I'm trying out, cause my old one is long-winded and tiresome to write now :p ENJOY MY LOVELIES!!!!)

commission__kii_nam_by_valkiriaix_d5gs29g-pre.jpg

Titus Veksithus
    The Scaled Cleric
    6th of Morning Star, Morrowind, The Lover

"With faith, discipline and selfless devotion to duty, there is nothing worthwhile that you cannot achieve."
    - Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Basic Information
    d3ihhdh-fc790f51-1356-4a95-83a1-f25a1bb62aaf.png

Sex: Male.

Gender: Fluid-Masculine; Titus has always seen the example of what a 'Man' is supposed to be like in the general cultures of Tamriel, and especially Skyrim--however he's proudly taken on more feminine traits from simply being around women like his mother or his friends. He likes to be able to be the 'Man' but also likes being a more Maternal figure when he isn't.

Apparent Age: Mid-Twenties; He's only 22, relatively young and inexperienced when seen for just the number, but he's much older and much wiser than his years due to the experiences he's seen. Without already knowing, one might assume he's closer to 26 or 27 (his relatively scaley appearance makes it hard for most to even understand how aging might work on him anyhow).

Ethnicity/Origin: Saxhleel/Argonian; His tribe is unknown to him, as are his biological parents.

Marital Status: Single.

Occupation: Self-Titled Cleric of the Eight, but truly he is a simple helping hand for hire.

Residence: He's got a pretty proud and simple camp nestled safely up in the cliffs over-looking Solitude. He's collected a good bit of stuff to make it homey--he's put together most of a small open-front tent, a nice and cozy bed, a decent book collection, a cooking pot over his fire-pit, and a little lute to pluck away at in the wee hours of the night.

Affiliations: Currently just the Temple of the Divines in Solitude, but only loosely as he really only does the occasional favor for the Priests and Priestesses there, though he hopes to one day get accepted into some kind of formal role there. He's been to other Temples in the Province but found none that have fully captured his attention.

Political Views: He's loyal to the Empire and those who are also loyal to it; this is not to say he wouldn't help somebody who opposed the Empire.

Religious Views: He worships and follows the covenants of the Nine, or Eight, depending on the company around him on any given day. Most of the time it's Eight in Solitude but he occasionally finds people slipping up, as Talos was almost the patron god to all the North.

Afflictions/Ailments: Mild PTSD from some childhood trauma.

Height, Weight: 5'11", 136 Lbs.

Body Type: He's always looked malnourished and frail, but in the last few years of his life his habits have changed. He's a much more physical person now than he was in his "softer" years. He's still rather skinny, but he's slowly acquired some tight, cut musculature. One wouldn't describe him as 'starving' any longer, but the word 'Lithe' might come to mind.

Appearance: He's got a rather small amount of Horns for an Argonian, with two standing strong and straight on the crown of his skull. The rest of his spines are heraldry scales at best, providing nothing but a little extra texture to his otherwise muddy looking face. The majority of the top of his head is forested in pearlescent dark-teal feathers, they sit back rather naturally but their lightness allows them to move about in the most subtle of gusts.

His scales are muddy in more than just one sense of the word; while also resembling the color of wet dirt, the color doesn't look quite right, it's murky and dull (think a lizard right at the beginning of molting). His coloration doesn't have too much differentiation in the way of coloring outside of the small bit of subtle bile-ish green wave patterning.

His face is almost Toad-like, outside of his Bearded-Dragon shaped jawline. His vibrantly dead-looking grey eyes are framed by round, almost unnoticeable cheekbones, and short brow spines. His forehead sports an almost armored type look in the way the scales have formed there before his feathers; they're thick and larger than most of the other scales on his body including that of his chest and back, and they are divided down the middle by a deep crease that measures down to his nose. Speaking of which, his nose is slim and completely counters the general proportions of the rest of his head, with small pin-hole like nostrils.

His most noticeable trait, outside of his muck looking reptilian form, are the claw marks marring the left side of his face. The remnants of a drunken bar-brawl, the jagged, poorly healed scars are a constant reminder of two things: One, alcohol is a true friend to nobody, and two, Khajiit can be terribly emotional when inebriated.

standalone

Voice: Inviting, Compassionate, Light. He speaks with the same accent as his parents, something more Imperial. There's a lightness and quirkiness to his tone, almost constantly sounding like he's trying to be friendly and bright-- though more often than not he's a sarcastic ball of even more sarcasm. Think Adam J. Harrington as Sindri, from God of War. (link)

Where is he from?: His egg was lain in an alleyway somewhere in Morrowind, and hatched at a Hist tree somewhere he knows or remembers nothing of. His whole birth is a confusing mystery to him to this day, as his biological parents abandoned him in that alleyway, and the man who hatched him was of the ‘owning people’ persuasion. For the most part, he was raised in the ash-fields of some Morrowind Countryside, and the Cyrodiilic hill country of Cheydinhal.

Relationships

Family: His adopted parents were Thetta and Atreus Veksithus. Thetta was a wholesome, fuller woman; Imperial descent and an esteemed educator. She was always happy, bright, and looked at the positive in all the negative of the world. She was empathetic and constantly looking to be soft and caring in any transaction or conversation with a person. From her Titus learned to look for the good in all people, no matter the darkness that might be the whole of their being at any given time. She taught him that no matter the mistakes of an individual, people change and deserve a chance to prove that fact.

Atreus was stern, and large in stature despite his Breton background. He was strong, stern and stoic, but despite his appearance and disposition, he was a surprisingly patient and warm man. Behind his firm, cold gaze was a fire and an ambition to protect and nurture, to teach and cultivate. He was a good man and taught Titus what it was to be a good man. What it was to be dutiful, honest, hard-working, and above all else--to selflessly think of others before himself.

Atreus and Thetta had two children after caring for Titus a handful of years. Tiber was the first, a strong boy resembling his father. He rivaled Titus’ size when he was only half his age. He was a physical brute and surpassed Titus’ physical achievements far younger and far faster than he ever could have dreamed. He lacked in the way of intelligence and diligence to his studies, and this is where Titus took responsibility of setting the example. He’d often help Tiber in his studies, leading him into learning despite his direct opposition towards doing so.

Their second was Alyssia. Neither very bright or athletic, she was a cunning, fickle girl from the start. If she were to apply herself, she’d probably surpass Tiber in his studies, and Titus in his physical labors as well--and though she likely knew that, she applied her attentions to wreaking havoc throughout the household. When she was probably no older than 6, she tricked her nearly 10-year-old brother into almost killing himself 4 or 5 times. She’d effectively been banned from participating in mother’s classes do to the fear that she’d endanger the other children her age. Nobody ever questioned her moral ambiguity, however, as when she wanted to be, she’d let out a loving warmth that rivaled that of even her own mother. It could be assumed that they had hoped it was all just a phase, and in a way it was. As she aged, she began to get a little more tamed.

Friends: Titus has never really had a good friend. He’d count his parents if they were still around, and he was never really super close with either of his siblings. He had a mentor once, that he would perhaps consider a friend if that man was even a little bit sentimental, but the man was never really one for emotions or friendly behavior. It was all business.

He’s always wanted friends, and it’s not that he doesn’t have any due to lack of trying. People just tend to avoid his people in the first place, and they tend to avoid him even more due to his rather unattractive attributes. He thinks he’d be a good friend if he had the chance to prove that, he was a decent son, a decent brother, a decent student and apprentice--why not a decent friend?

d4nsvz2-631437ae-d264-4472-adfd-812c1dd418db.png

"Sweet are the uses of adversity which, like the toad, ugly and venomous, wears yet a precious jewel in his head."
    - William Shakespeare

Intimacy Details

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

What is he attracted to?: He likes the eyes of a person (don't be weird) because he likes seeing the intentions and feelings of a person. He thinks that most other physical attributes are merely a mask or a shell for the light most people can house within, and likes to see the light in people as frequently as possible. So I guess you could say anybody pure intentioned, kind-hearted, compassionate and has eyes that shine with that light would be his "perfect match". He’s never seen that though. He does find himself looking at the butts and legs of most females (all his age or older), but he’s not proud of it.

Sexual Experience: Virtually none. Not even virtually none, none at all. He hasn’t really thought about it, nor has he had the time to think about it even if he wanted to. He’s been to busy taking care of people, or cutting down feral creatures, or looking for reagents. He likes the idea of being intimate with a woman, but wouldn’t really want to do it unless it was someone he was gonna spend the rest of his days with anyway.

Relationship Experience: None. He’s been interested in few women, but none of them even knew his name, let alone noticed him. He likes to daydream about ‘the one’ from time to time when he’s in romantic type moods, but that’s fairly rarely. “Who knows who I’ll meet?” he likes to say to himself, regarding the subject.

Skills, Combat and Gear

Novice: Pickpocket, Enchanting, Smithing, Two-Handed, Destruction Magicka

Apprentice: Alteration Magicka, Sneak, Archery, Light Armor

Adept: One-Handed (Maces/Hammers), Speech, Heavy Armor

Expert: Restoration Magicka, Block

Master: Alchemy

Combat Experience: He's been in his share of fights now, none alone, however. He's always had at least one or two people at his sides to aid him in his battles, and he's preferred it that way. Titus wouldn't really even consider risking going into a fight alone, as it wouldn't really be worth his time or his energy. He doesn't like fighting and prefers to take the path of least resistance if he can. He's also only fought a small handful of other people before--most of his fighting comes in the way of creatures and feral beasts.

Combat Preference: He prefers to be more supportive in a fight, taking the attention of the attacker and promptly soaking up blows with his shield and carefully timing assaults with his chosen weapon for the fight. He can also pull out tonics and tinctures for his comrades, and if need be an occasional spell or ward.

Skills: His primary skills lie in the realms of Intelligence, Healing and Serving, while having an affinity for teaching as well. He knows the flora of most Tamriel by eye at this point, or at least Morrowind, Cyrodiil, Hammerfell and Skyrim. He could give you a long list of potions, and an even longer list of the reagents to make those potions for most ailments--and for the ones he couldn't, he'd most certainly know a spell or two that could heal it. There are exceptions to all cases of course, and of course he can't craft cure-alls or bring you back from death (as yourself anyway). He does know good poisons and reagents to make them, but never really has ventured into that side of Alchemy--well not in a while anyway.

He serves the Eight/Nine every day of his life, and has since he left his home. What does it mean to serve the Eight/Nine? Well not what most might think, as Titus isn't a traditional practicing acolyte. He follows the basic Ten Commandments to the core and leaves the rest to his own moral and logical judgment--while he respects the ways of old, and the traditional manner in which people have worshiped gods for millennia, he wishes to define his own path in worshipping the gods. He sees no point serving temples, as they devote themselves to singular gods and he can't serve the people of Tamriel if he's tied to any singular location. For now he serves the people of Skyrim, and more specifically Solitude, Dragon's Bridge and smaller townships in the North-West.

As he's traveled and camped from city to town, he's taken on teaching a few people what things to gather for beneficial potions, cures for specific ailments, and even the occasional Heal Other spell. He enjoys teaching as well, especially so if it serves a decent purpose.

Occupation and Schooling: He was educated by his mother, one of the best teachers in Cyrodiil for youth. Her reputation was small when he was just starting his studies, but it grew as time went on and he went from the only student to one of 30, and eventually in one of a few separate classes. His schooling ended when he was 17 and he left his home, however, he's continued to learn many things since then--though not through traditional education methods.

The things he's learned as an Acolyte and Sell-Sword (for lack of a better term), have been innumerable; from how to fight, to how to duel with Redguard sword fanatics. He's learned the desperation of some folk, and the regality of others. The impact feeding one man has on an entire town, and how big of a difference healing the towns eldest member has on the moral of an entire population of people. It's a rather wild job if you ask him, but it's the Gods' path for him.

Hobbies: History, Education, Adventure. He loves reading about History. Learning from the past is one of the greatest things he has to gain. Learning is another hobby of his as well, if there's a chance for him to learn something new or more about he almost always tries to pursue it (given the subject). He has also grown accustomed to the road being his home while having a permanent place to settle sounds nice in theory, the last couple he's had have gone to crap rather abruptly. Hard for a home to come crashing down if it's two sticks and a drape.

dc8etfg-0683075b-e57d-45dd-a718-e8cf16f3a736.png

"The function wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil," - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Personality and Character

Introvert or Extrovert?: Most certainly Extroverted. He doesn't feel like himself if he hasn't talked to another person in more than half a day or so. He's not one to feel uncomfortable talking to anybody at first, and it truly takes somebody telling him he's unwelcome for him to feel as such.

Right-brained or Left-brained?: Hard Right; he thinks and solves all problems creatively, he's artistic in his duties (when he can be) and deeply intuitive.

Strengths: He has a good and pure heart. He is compassionate, kind and even a bit of an empath. When he cares for people, he cares deeply and feels their emotions from time to time. He’s incredibly intelligent, more mature than most his age, and a truly old soul. He's a very deep thinker who questions conventions as opposed to blindly following them. He stands up for what is right according to the Commandments, and what he believes in. Likely his strongest trait, Titus is selfless to the point of being self-sacrificing. He’s very dry, witty and sarcastic. A hard worker, brave, and very curious.

Weaknesses: Titus is honest to a fault, has no poker face, and is hellbent on saying his piece, even if it gets him into trouble. He's led by his emotion and morals, even if it goes against his own self-interest. He's incredibly self-conscious as well, being super paranoid about the way he looks.

Likes: Liquor (preferably the specialty of the region), Walking, Nature, Kindness

Dislikes: Ignorance, Prejudice, Violence

Alignment: Lawful Good; He follows the laws of the Empire to the letter, as well as the Commandments of the Gods

Dreams/Aspirations: He truly dreams of finding his siblings above all else, but the hope of him doing so is slowly fading as the years stretch onward. He also dreams of changing the world through the spread of the things he's learned from the gods; likely just a foolish and feeble dream, he still believes with every one person he helps he's one step closer to fulfilling it.

Beliefs and Affiliations: He believes in the Divines, that they have given everyone on Nirn the ability to better themselves and live the happiest and most peaceful life possible. Through following their guidance, he's learned many deep morals and facts of life and aims to spread these teachings to others as often as he can.

Before he found the divines, he was instilled with many strong ideals through his parents. Strength and Perseverance in the face of adversity, Empathy, Compassion, Selflessness, and Loyalty. He questions conventions and requires his morals to line up with most any decision he makes.

Fears: He's been through a lot, and to put it plainly his only fears are reflective of it all--he fears loss. Of his family, of his safety, of the vague idea of who he is. He fears losing his grip on this life he's built.

Insecurities: His appearance; whether it be how he looks or how he comes across to others. With how he was treated by his peers when he was younger, he's almost been trained to be hyper-aware of his every action and behavior. He feels like he has to be as perfect as possible else he risks the ridicule of all manner of strangers.

What would he die for?: His siblings, The Divines

anton-kuhtitskiy-argon-finish.jpg

"Compassion alone stands apart from the continuous traffic between good and evil proceeding within us,"
    - Eric Hoffer

Gear

Armor/Clothing: His armor is a simple combination of scaled, plated and padded steel with leather accents and undergarments (See reference above). He wears it usually whenever he's outside of whatever city or town he's staying in at the time (excluding his camp of course). While not in his armor, he usually wears his leather trousers alone, with a plain cloth top and the same boots that go with his armor. He wears nothing on his head, really ever. He never has as he hates the feeling of having his horns bound up and his feathers pressed down against his head--plus he enjoys feeling the weather on his scales anyway.

Weapons: He carries three 'weapons' though one is questionably deserving of the title. His hammer which he affectionately calls Hammy, is a simple steel crafted battle hammer small enough for him to wield with one or two hands wrapped in black-stained leather (link). He also carries his grandfather's axe nicknamed Leviathan, also simple in its craft with a still head and simple yet uniquely shaped wood handle (link). The last of his arsenal is his shield, which is nothing more than simple branded steel.

Other Items: He's usually always got some coin on him, the amount of which varies from place to place, as well as collection pouches for alchemy, and supplies such as bandages and cotton for quick treatments wherever he may be.

(auto)Biography

Well, I suppose the best place to start any story is the beginning--and the beginning of my story took place about 22 years ago.
    I was laid in an alleyway, in some city in Morrowind--to a mother, I never got to know. Just another Hlaalu skooma-addict’s weak and lonely egg, left in the mud. Lucky for me, however, I wasn’t hatched in that alley. See, somebody found me, recognized what I was, and understood the importance of the Hist to an Argonian’s development. They took my egg from that alley-way and hunted down the fastest way to get me to a Hist tree to hatch. Unlucky for me on the other hand, this somebody who found me, was one of the last Dunmeri Slave owners in Morrowind.

So from the very beginning, I was destined to be less than nothing. For the first 6 or so years of my life, I was one of easily 30 Argonian children being illegally used as property for some pompous Dunmer’s yardwork--I’ll save you the finer details. How could this happen in a Morrowind without slavery, you ask? Well, you should know that little raven they sent out 200 some years ago letting “everyone” know that owning PEOPLE was wrong and now outlawed, didn’t get to “everyone” like they assumed. But, as you can probably ascertain by now, this 30-illegal-child-slave-owning, ash-hoarding, scumlord was not the best at decision making, and so my time as a slave was short lived. Turns out petitioning to make slavery legal again by attempting to sell some of your slaves at a public auction makes it really easy for the authorities to arrest you.

Anyway, there I am: 6 or so, and already a nameless, family-less, homeless, and overwhelmingly unprepared ex-child-slave all alone in the big province of Morrowind. I don’t remember a whole lot from that time of my life (still pretty mentally scarred from the slavery stuff, you know?), but I do remember spending a lot of time talking to strangers on the streets in order to learn how to speak enough words to beg. That’s right, I’m a self-taught speaker folks, and my credentials are of the begging persuasion.

As I was teaching myself how to talk, I began to notice myself speaking to the same two people every other day or so; and they’d always bring me some food in the mornings or evenings when I saw them. One was a very charming, light and lovely Imperial woman I would come to know as Thetta. The other, a stoic but warm and kind Breton man I would come to know as Atreus.

Atreus and Thetta both had come to Morrowind on a whim, feeling like something was just calling them there--turns out it was me. They informally adopted me pretty shortly after my noticing of them, and I didn’t really argue when they offered to take me in. They were always nice to me, they always talked to me like I was a person, and they always seemed to care more than anyone else I had ever known if I had eaten that day. They were wonderful people, and they’d make for wonderful parents. Thetta was a teacher in Cyrodiil, and Atreus an acolyte to the gods there; so they took me back with them. There they gave me a home, a family, an education, morals, and advice, and most importantly an identity.

They gave me the name Titus, not after the Emporer, rather after my mother’s late brother, whom my mother said was the only man in the world smarter than she. I took their name Veksithus as well, because father wouldn’t have his first born carry the lineage of any other name. Mother always said the most important thing in life was a sharp mind, and father always said the next best thing was an even sharper scythe. Boy were they wrong...that’s what I was probably thinking at the time anyway. Schooling was never all that bad, my mother was a great educator, and I was always pretty eager and good at absorbing the materials and ignoring the few arrogant classmates I had--it was the chores and worship that always beat me down. After most of my early life was stuffed with that of constant manual labor, I can only imagine my father’s frustration in trying to get me to pick up a pitch-fork again for the first time. And the concept of being a good person for super-beings I can’t see or hear? Yeah, I can’t even imagine how explaining all that went.

I was 8, pretty smart despite my slow start, and the perfect example of a well behaved and dutiful son when my parents had my brother. Tiber was named after the Emporer--the greatest Emporer, he’d argue--and he resembled my father most. Not as smart or as good in school as I was, but near infinitely better at any physical obstacle father threw at him. He grew like a bean-sprout in the spring, and nearly matched my height by the time I was 12. That’s when they had my sister, Alyssia--yes after the Ayleid Queen, but spelled “right” as she’d undoubtedly say. She was neither smart nor strong, but always rather cunning and sharp. When Tiber was 8, she tricked him into thinking he could wade into the river near our property without floating away because his head was so big. That’s the fastest 16-year-old me had ever swam.

Big brother Titus, was who I was. I was the example for my siblings, the standard for my parents, and the stranger for myself. You see, this idealistic picture I’ve painted above looks rather pleasant, and in fact, it is, but when you’re surrounded by a world of pleasantries, unpleasantries seem to find their way into your life more frequently. You see, before my siblings, I was the only child, and I was one of 4 other students in my Mother’s class. But as time went on and I became the eldest child, Mother’s class grew too large to hold in the house any more, and the pressure was on me to not only be the best student but to show Tiber how to be the best son. This pattern remained the same through Alyssia’s birth, and the formation of Mother’s School for Youngsters; all the while my image of myself was looking more and more like a stranger each day. I couldn’t recognize myself, was I Titus or was I a brother to siblings who look nothing like me or was I the best student compared to my peers who despised and ridiculed me?

It might sound like whining when I say that the 10 years of my life after they adopted me were bad...because it feels like it’s whining to me. I can’t remember ever in that time, ever being able to do what I wanted to do, be whatever I wanted to be. I can’t even remember having thoughts about what I wanted, or what would make me happy--I don’t even know if I was ever actually happy in that time. I was just a shell of a person, walking around being what I thought everyone wanted me to be, or what I thought I was supposed to be. It never dawned on me that I had been too busy thinking about what other people wanted for so long, I had forgotten I even existed. When I was 16 I realized all this, and it overwhelmed me to my core. That’s when I broke open to my mother and father. Told them all of these feelings of confusion and self-doubt.

You wanna know what they did? They helped me. Like the amazing parents they had always been, they hugged me, reassured me and gave me their love as if I was that little 6-year-old orphan again. They made me feel less alone. Then they pointed me toward the gods and told me to listen to the advice they had given generations of young, confused and frustrated men. This is when worship finally started to make sense for me. I read stories of the gods and their teachings. Studied their influences on the mortal plane and saw all their goodness, all their deeds for us here. Slowly, I found that where I used to find judgment for their inaction, was admiration for their selflessness.

Stendarr taught me to be kind and selfless above all else; to put my life on the line for those who are defenseless, give my meals to those more hungry, and spread my coin to those who need it more than I. Arkay taught me how to respect our world; the creatures and beings of the mortal world and the spirits of those long dead. Mara taught me the importance of family, love, and duty to my parents and siblings. Zenithar taught me the importance of hard work, perseverance, and fiscal wisdom. Talos taught me to protect my home and my country. Kynareth taught me to respect her gifts of nature and honor the power and fury nature holds. Dibella taught me to love openly and wholly, to accept kinship and cherish the love you receive. Julianos taught me to seek my own knowledge, to read carefully and seek wisdom from the wisest. Arkay taught me to serve my country, serve the gods, and worship them dutifully. Together they spoke one unifying truth to me, to be good to everyone I could. To do right by all I could manage to, and come close for those I couldn’t.

I wanted to be a vessel for their lessons, I wanted to soak up all they had to teach me, in hopes that one day the path they took me on would bring me happiness and a true vision of myself. With all my teachings and knowledge, with all my unique perspectives and experiences, I started to figure out there was more to life than farming and learning and teaching. So much more than evil slave owners, and drug-addicted mothers. There were other people like me out there, just in need of a hand. Somebody to tell them a story, or give them a bite to eat before bed. I wanted to be the one to do what my parents had done for me--to show others the same kindness, and the same wisdom the gods shared too.

My parents could not have been prouder when I told them I was headed to the Imperial City to help those less fortunate than us. My father shook my hand firmly, and my mother held back tears as she hugged me goodbye. Had I known that would be the last time I’d see my family, I’d likely of shed a few tears of my own, perhaps hugged my father and my sibling's goodbye too.

We lived in Cheydinhal. If you are rusty on your history of the little city, let me fill you in a bit. Cheydinhal had a bit of a freak back in 4E 189 because a little group of assassin’s called the Dark Brotherhood were calling the city home. Now, I left Cheydinhal in 195, long after that whole ruckus went down. Yet, nearly a month’s time from my departure, a crazed group of Imperial Soldiers strolled into town looking for the assassin’s old sanctuary. Of course, nobody knew of any sanctuary and nearly nobody wanted to talk about any assassin business whatsoever. So the soldiers went a rather unorthodox route and began essentially pillaging Cheydinhal in search of the hide-out. If any person stood in their way, they faced imprisonment or even physical punishment. To make a short story shorter, the search ended at my mother’s school, where they found what could only be described as a back door to the sanctuary. From there, they found the remnants of the hide-out and then accused my mother and father of treason. Apparently being unaware of this secret door meant they were “agents of the cult trying to keep their brother’s safe from persecution” and were culpable for the group's crimes too. An obvious farse and far-fetched accusation, my parents argued their innocence. It was for nothing of course, as they were beheaded shortly thereafter.

It was nearly 6 months before I got the letter Tiber wrote for me. The courier’s lack of urgency has, unfortunately, cost me contact with both of my siblings. I’ve not spoken to them since I left home that day, outside of the brief words of worry Tiber scribbled on that parchment. Mother and Father are dead, and they are orphans being shipped off somewhere South. Of course, I went home and searched for them. I followed all roads south of Cheydinhal (which if you didn’t know, is bloody most of the roads in Cyrodiil), I followed them North and West and as Far East as they could go without venturing into Morrowind or the Black Marsh. I wandered Cyrodiil and parts of the other provinces for nearly a year searching for Tiber and Allyssia, to find nothing. Any orphanage I went to had no record or idea who they were, none of the towns or cities had new children wandering the streets. I haven’t given up on my siblings, I never have. But it’s been so long, Tiber would be nearly 14 and Allysia almost 10.

The last five years have been interesting for me to say the least. I’ve been serving the gods, serving my purpose. I’m as happy as I suppose I can be, despite my circumstances, but I’ll never be the same boy I was when I left Cheydinhal. While searching for my siblings, I’ve traveled most of Cyrodiil, parts of Valenwood, Hammerfell and High Rock. I’ve seen the Eastern Coast of Morrowind, and I am currently residing in Skyrim. My travels in Cyrodiil brought me many friends and lessons, but none great enough to recall here. My brief time in Valenwood gave me some time with a small troupe of Bosmer and Khajiit nomads, who wandered the forests of Valenwood hunting and living off the land. They helped me get through the blockades the Dominion still had between Valenwood and Hammerfell, all while teaching me a thing or two about plant identification and tincture crafting.

Hammerfell held nearly two years year of traveling, as opposed to the handful of months Valenwood heald. I hired a mercenary man by the name of Dolf to help me navigate the deserts of the West. He was a bulky, goofy looking Half Nord, Half Redguard. He spoke with a thick accent, and always squinted through bushy eye-lashes like a sandstorm was always whirling around him. Dolf taught me alot of things, like how dangerous the world really was. How wild and untamed it could all be. How dangerous people could really be, how desperate some could get just for a chance at a drink of water. Most importantly, Dolf taught me how to wield a weapon, and how to kill with one. He taught me that sometimes it doesn’t matter if you want or don’t want to kill, because you have to. Because sometimes the creatures of Nirn want you to strike them down, and sometimes it’s better that way. It was a difficult lesson for me to learn, killing, because it seemed to go against everything the gods wanted me to do. However, there is evil here, and everywhere, would they not want me to rid the world of it? To potentially help create a safer existence for those who could not otherwise defend themselves from it?

I traveled with Dolf for a while after Hammerfell too, he was a good man and a great mentor to me. I owe him close to ten-thousand coin for the number of times he saved my hide, but he’ll never get it from me--he’d blow it all on skooma and brothels. He told me as much himself. Together after we explored desert ruins and towns in Hammefell, we ventured to mountain Orsimer villages and Breton castles in High Rock, and the great ash-spewing mountain in Morrowind. We fought monsters and hellish creatures, entertained courts with tales of grandeur, and sold rare wares to collectors of incredible reputations. We parted ways when he wanted to travel to Cheydinhal as we were headed back west from the coast. I couldn’t bare to go back, and he didn’t dare impose that on me. I made sure to hug and thank him for everything he had shown me, and he called me a pansy and left. That’s about all one needs in order to get a full picture of Dolf’s character.

I’ve been in Skyrim since. Contemplated returning to High Rock, see some of the friends I made in the Orsimer clans. Sleep in one of those Breton Inn beds again. However, I can’t seem to pull myself away from the North. It’s colder than a frost giants scrote 9 months of the year here, and it’s harsher than any province I’ve been in thusfar--but the people here need help. War is tearing up the entirety of the land, and conflict threatens to tear apart what little common ground citizens have between them in cities. The people, their leaders, everyone here is starting to forget the teachings of the gods, temples are falling apart and going unnoticed, priests and priestesses are being forgotten. Goodness is starting to fade. I can’t just let that happen.

On top of all this motivation to spread what good I feel I can here, I’ve gotten a possible lead of my brother and sister here. It’s nothing major, but I’m almost certain they’ve been through the orphanage in Riften--and recently it seems. If it is them, and I’m almost certain it is, they are on their way to Solitude.

ART CREDITS (links):
    Skyrim: Argonian Portrait by Highlighterjuice on Deviantart
    Commission: Kii-Nam by ValkirialX on Deviantart
    D'Raqi the Argonian by DoodToon on Deviantart
    Argonian by Anton Kukhtytskyi on ArtStation
    Custom Dwarven War Hammer by ArchangelSteelcrafts on Deviantart
    Leviathan Axe by Folgore2010 on Deviantart
    db4 by RBSRdesigns on Deviantart

Last edited:

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    A truly fantastic cs my friend! Your charries are always so thoroughly fleshed out, I can't wait to see him in action!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Thank you, lad. I appreciate it, I put a lot of thought and effort into him! I'm super excited to write with him some more and I can't wait for him to interact with your characters--it's gonna be legendary!

Last edited:

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Hello everyone! Still been kinda busy, but my heart flutters with joy when I see everyone so active! ♡

@Snoball , @Keidivh , @Hart : all of your posts are AMAZING as usual!

I've always secretly shipped Ihylin and Rolard, but I never spoke a word because I didn't want to influence anything. I'm glad it seems it to be true! I love how their friendship runs so deep too.

And Azidal... I found myself holding my hand over my mouth irl as I read the post because MY GOODNESS he is such a great villain! I'm always excited to see what snarky things he has to say next!

@Specter of Death Oh my goodness!! I LOVE Titus! He is so adorable and a good boi how could anyone NOT want to be his friend?? Well he'll definitely have friends now! ;) So feel free to make a stater post, or discuss how you would like to introduce him! I'm so happy to have you back after so long, and it is great to hear you are doing so well. I'm not sure if I said that already or not, ahaha I'm tired.

On that note of tired, I'll be posting sometime tomorrow after work. I've been working on some paperwork as I'm typing and my furbaby was sprayed by a skunk in the face while I was watching fireworks, so that was two hours of stress before I even started my paperwork. (And lots of stink) Can't wait for tomorrow! Love you all! ♡

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts