• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    @Specter of Death Of course! Go ahead and PM me no problem! And take your time: family is very important <3

snoozy12

Applying to this with the same CC I posted in Character Profiles. If I need to tweak it at all let me know, and I'll get right on it. :)

Aanon "Blight-Claws"
    Aanon.gif *found on Google because I don't have the game on pc, had to edit the name out; just a vague representation of what he would look like as Kazi-dar

Basic Information
    Name: Aanon (the name he gave himself)/Blight-Claw (the name given to him by Brynjolf)
    Alter-ego: Kazi-dar, the harmless Khajiit merchant. He often dons this identity and a Khajiit accent to make people feel less suspicious of him around towns. If they hear an Elswyr accent, they have less questions about where he's from. He normally has a Nordic accent because he was raised in Skyrim by Brynjolf.
    Race: Khajiit
    Birthsign: The Serpent
    Class: Thief
    Khajiit Breed: Suthay (unknown to him)

Appearance
    Fur: Dark orange with a black tabby-style pattern
    Eyes: Yellow, wide pupils
    Hair: black, mohawk
    Build: Small, lithe frame
    Distinguishing features: a burn scar on his chest from when he snuck under the Honningbrew Meadery and met an unexpected mage.
    Tattoos: black dye under his eyes to make them seem more ominous in the shadows
    Piercings: three in left ear (two round rings, the bottom one is a string of beads filled with poisons for easy access); two in right ear (both hanging beads, filled with stamina and health potions); two dermal piercings in his collarbone, hidden by his fur (they both hold resist potions, which he can break in case of emergency); septum piercing
    Apparel: Generally prefers clothing with light armor hidden beneath for easy movement and disguise
    Jewelry: three rings (2 rings of stealth, 1 of enchantment and 1 of alchemy); necklace of lockpicking

Gear
    Weapons: dual-wields daggers; has a bow for long range sneaking
    Magic: None
    Other: enchanted jewelry and hidden poisons (both explained above)

Miscellaneous
    Personality: If not acting as Kazi-dar, he is jaded and sarcastic. He will take every opportunity to scam and/or trick you either for fun, or for the sake of distraction so he can take something from you. He is clever and always knows when it's time to run from a fight (and has no shame about it). He is generally distrustful, but will always be willing to partner with other people (mostly so he can manipulate or use them for something).
    - As Kazi-dar he will appear friendly and helpful, the kind of Khajiit that breaks stereotypes and is always looking for new, honest customers.

Quirk: He takes and keeps journals that he finds in his travels, and writes his own because he has never known his family, or where they came from/who they were. He has never heard stories of his ancestors and never seen the sands of Elswyr. This makes him worry that he will never be known after his death, so he keeps a journal and cherishes the stories he picks up more than life itself.

Goal: To be remembered. He works tirelessly to become powerful and influential in every new city.

Religion: Nocturnal, the Daedric Prince

Fighting Style: Dual-wielding daggers, usually using poison to slow or hinder his opponent. He tries not to kill in general unless the person he's fighting is intent on killing him as well; he prefers to incapacitate and keep moving toward his goal.

Habits: gambling, stealing things he doesn't need

Hobbies: gambling, stealing things he doesn't need, haggling, hoarding journals he finds in his travels and writing his own journals (he has about 5 of his own, since he started years ago)

Likes: The thrill of burglary and pick-pocketing; Riften; Brynjolf and the Thieves Guild; journals; making fun of people; Black-Briar Mead; pulling off a tough heist without getting caught

Dislikes: Solitude, Nords, Imperials, Bretons, Argonians, Dunmer, Altmer (especially Altmer), Bosmer, Orsimer, other Khajiit, magic (but is fine with enchantments; they're less unpredictable than that wickety-wackety stuff those damn sorcerers do); people that aren't him; getting caught and having to sneak out of jail

Affiliation: Aanon was raised in the Thieves Guild by Brynjolf. He became good friends with many of the members and even trained some of them despite being younger, because of his lifestyle. His most prominent friend in the guild is Sapphire, with whom he makes plans to extort and trick newcomers to Riften.

Properties: Since he is only a young adult by Khajiit standards, he owns only Honeyside and Lakeview Manor, though he plans on expanding that once he's older and has more experience and treasure. Right now, he spends the majority of his time in the Ratway but stores his treasured journals in Lakeview Manor, where he has a companion as his steward.

In Riften, he uses Honeyside as a scam Inn for wealthy travelers, who will pay him twice the rate of The Bee and Barb, and thank him for it. He offers them "exclusive service" which is just him and Sapphire cooking and cleaning for the guests, while stealthily taking everything they bring of value.

Titles: Thane of Whiterun, Thieves Guild Official Recruiter, Thieves Guild Unofficial Trainer, as an annoying nickname: Official Thieves Guild Pet

Job: Scam artist/thief (but in general, whatever you think he does, it's that)

Weaknesses: magic. He is wary of magic and magic-users, and when faced by them unprepared he will freeze or instantly go into hiding.

Backstory:
    Aanon was barely a cub when Brynjolf found him while doing a Bedlam job in another city. The house had been raided already, and it appeared his parents had been killed by the intruders, who only seemed to have left him alive because they didn't know he was there. He took the Khajiit child back to Riften to see if the orphanage would take him, but he didn't like or trust Grelod the Kind after seeing the way she treated the human children there, so he raised Aanon as his own in the Thieves Guild.

He did not, however, give him a name until Aanon showed his skills with mixing poisons, so before this the cub named himself something to play on being anonymous for the first years of his life. Because of this, he is only known as Blight-Claw to other members of the guild. He has been doing different thief jobs since he was 5 summers old, both due to his own ambition and his small stature.

It was when he was 10 that he started to explore the world more, gaining more treasure and more journals, and more experience in both sarcasm and extortion. He has brought Sapphire on many of his excursions, and the two have proven to work well as a team, and though Brynjolf has teased him about an attraction to her Aanon has never felt anything but platonic feelings toward the woman. Eventually he developed the Kazi-dar identity because people kept asking questions about why a Khajiit had a Nord accent, and they were suspicious of him faster than when he became Kazi-dar.

Aanon's Speech/Thought colour
    Kazi-dar's Speech/Thought colour

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    It's a lovely CC, I quite enjoy it, there are just a few Lore things that I can see needing a bit of tweaking if you're willing. Nothing huge of course, and nothing that really changes the entire concept or idea of Aanon.

Question, as well. How is it pronounced, like 'Anonymous, minus the 'ymous'? Or more like Ay-non?

snoozy12

Yeah, I'm willing to tweak some things. I'm pretty flexible with his character because I've had him for a long time and have played him in a few different formats.

It's pronounced Ay-non.

Hart

Sassmaster
    If I recall correctly, Zelda isn’t taking any more new characters. We already have a ton of arcs open in the story.

@Zelda

Also not to mention Rolard, @Keidivh ‘s character, already owns Lakeview. There’s also the matter of Thaneship in Whiterun. Canon reasons? Plus, the “higher” you are in ranking in a guild or otherwise, the less guilds you can be in. Per Zelda’s rules.

snoozy12

Ahh that sucks.

Also, Specter already mentioned there was some lore stuff that needed to be adjusted, and I am willing to adjust. But if they're not taking more characters, I can just find another game, although Zelda hasn't actually commented on this yet, and I would rather take their word for it. Since they're the GM.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I wasn’t aware Z wasn’t accepting more people. Considering Her, You Hart, Me, Keidivh and the occasional post from Phantom when he has the availability are the few still really active I thought it would be okay. We’ll see.

Outside of that fact, Snoozy, I could help you with some character revisions if you wanna shoot me a PM! [emoji4]

snoozy12

Sure, that sounds good. It might be good to have a more flexible character, as the stuff Hart pointed out is pretty glaring. If it doesn't work out, it's fine; there are a lot of open roleplays, so it should be easy enough to find something.

Hart

Sassmaster
    Post #557, Spec. When she turned Simus down. Then again, she might change her mind.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    True, True. I remember that, and I think Simus was denied an application for other reasons. However, I could be wrong. Who knows but Z?

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    Updateski:

In my new job now finally! Working front desk at my college, so don't got to deal with those annoying retail hours and even more annoying customers anymore haha. Also means more time to contribute to the rp too! Haven't technically had the chance to rp with most of you guys just yet (Spec, Hart, Kei) but I can't wait for that to change, especially when Celica and Azrael get introduced <3

And great CC @snoozy12 ! Not sure if Zel wanted more people, but I do know the little Dragonborn storyline we're doing was initially intended to get new people on board, so there's always a possibility there. I was gonna invite Phantom to join it but he hasn't posted in quite a while sadly.

Also @Zelda prob gonna PM you to see where we go from here so we're on the same page :)

EDIT: Also changing Gor's green to this, just to be an easier read

Have a good one friends ^_-

Last edited:

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Hey guys, sorry for the quietness, but le post is up! I'm so proud of us for making it to Solitude, good job getting us there @Hart ! xD

@Snoball
    Can't wait for you to join us in Solitude Sno, even if one of your charries is a filthy Thalmor! Desire to purge intensifies
    Lol, but really that will be awesome! Also did you post Celica's cc yet?

@snoozy12
    Also hiya Snooz, cool looking charrie! Not sure if zelda is accepting new peeps but she should be on soon to confirm =)

Hart

Sassmaster

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    @Keidivh Great to have you back, man! And yeah Celica is actually Zel's princess charrie, I was just gonna introduce our lovely thalmor friend at around the same time. Pretty sure he's gonna have a bunch to say about a fugitive roaming Skyrim freely ;)

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Oh! Everyone is so active! How exciting~! Alright time for business matters!

@snoozy12 Welcome to the forums! I love your character and my friends' inputs; unfortunately, I'm going to have to decline at this time. The few stories have been ongoing in this thread, but with so much going on and very little progress, I feel like it is safer for the stories at hand if I keep more members from joining at this time. And I do mean at this time. Once a bit more progress is made in a few plots, I would love to have you join us. I have no idea when that time will be (weeks or months perhaps, with how we have been progressing thus far.) But I will keep a post-it note on my desk with your name so that when the time comes, I can PM you and see if you are still interested. :) I hope you can find a lovely RP thread to join though; there are so many interesting ones that I would join myself if I weren't so busy.

@Snoball Oooh congratulations! I'm glad you got a better job. It will definitely make life easier! I am hoping to get a job on campus as well (I hope a secretary - I think I'd be great with helping organize things!) And okay! Just PM me so we can discuss Celica and Azrael's meeting... aha~ I am so excited to finally introduce my kind but bad-ass princess :cool:

@Keidivh Welcome back! I hope things are well with you!

And great job with posts everyone! I'll have one up as soon as I can! <3

Hart

Sassmaster
    I just wanted to let everyone know, I’m not feeling great right now. My best friend’s ferret died in my arms the other night, and it hit me pretty damn hard, because I loved that furry little monster.

Not to mention a bit drunk because I haven’t gotten a ton of sleep. So, hug your pets, hug your friends. Life is short, stuff happens.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Oh no! I know what that's like. I had my first ferret die in my arms a few years back. It's not an easy thing to deal with. Take your time, all my love to you and your friend @Hart

Be Well

Hart

Sassmaster
    Thanks, Spec. I’ll make it through, eventually.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    I'm so sorry to hear @Hart ! Losing a pet is losing a family member: and I know how you feel. Best wishes to you and your friend! ♡

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts