OOC [18+][Private Roleplay] In the Name of Aetherius [No Applications]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Sweetroll76

My only problem is the dark green font. It's hard to see somethings. At least for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    My only problem is the dark green font. It's hard to see somethings. At least for me.

That must be on your end, the color I used for her font is the lightest shade of green in the pallet. but can you see links like this; [example]

I just wanna make sure that they are easy to see and access cause they are a pretty big part of the CC's I make.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Took a little longer than I expected, but I my rogue/assassin is here! Just a heads up, it's pretty Morrowind-y haha. And of course, if anyone has critiques/suggestions, I'd love the feedback :D
    (And I just want to make sure he checks out before putting the sample post up)

The Blacklight Shadeling

View attachment 52391

General
    • Full Name: Jacoby Hlaalu
    • Nicknames/Alias: The Blacklight Shadeling, Jace
    • Race: Dunmer/Dark Elf [100%]
    • Birthdate: 9th of Hearthfire, 4E 170
    • Birthplace: Blacklight, Morrowind
    • Class/Occupation: Legal Assassin/Mercenary
    • Affiliations: Morag Tong (Currently Exiled)
    • Religion/Patron Deity: The Reclamations (Azura, Boethiah, Mephala), but specifically most devoted to Mephala
    • Laterality: Right-Handed
    • Sexuality: Heterosexual/Straight
    • Relationship Status: Single
    • Family: Blood-related family is unknown. Adopted parents live on Morrowind's mainland. He has friends and associates within the Morag Tong he considers family as well.
    Appearance
    • Height: 5'9"
    • Eyes: Dark Red
    • Skin: Dull Blue-Grey
    • Hair Color: White, almost Silver
    • Hair Style: Long, shaved on both sides. Usually kept up in either a ponytail or bun
    • Build: Slim and Lean-Muscled
    • Scars: Two scars the cross over his right temple, a smaller scar jetting across the bridge of his nose, a few scars that start at his chest and run down to the side of his abdomen
    • Tattoos: The Black Widow symbol associated with Mephala on his right shoulder. Beneath the spider is his oath to the Morag Tong tattooed down his arm, written in Dunmeris (Daedric lettering)
    • Armor: Armor set comprised of netch leather and some chitin pieces used for plating on the shoulders and knees. Uses his face mask for harsher weather conditions such as ash or snow.
    • Clothing: Standard Dunmer clothing used by most Raven Rock inhabitants. Has a few tunics in different colors for some variety.
    • Weapons: Jacoby is well-trained with a wide assortment of one-handed weapons, but he typically defaults to a classic Morrowind-style long blade which was a gift given to him by his family back on Morrowind's mainland. He also carries a few daggers he on his person at all times. Besides obviously being able to sneak up and slice necks with them, he is also proficient at throwing them as well.
    • Magic: Invisibility and Muffle are the only two spells he can skilfully cast. Though he has attempted to delve deeper into the illusion school before, he firmly believes he only really needs these two spells for his line of work.
    • Fighting Style: Jacoby is a glass cannon, as he is deadliest the closer he is to his target. His proficiency with 1-handed weapons and hand-to-hand combat is second to none. He will attempt to use the two illusion spells he knows to cling to the shadows, and eventually close the gap between him and his opponent when they least expect it. Once he is in, he is incredibly swift and lethal with his movements, and will aim to end the confrontation by eliminating his target as quickly and soundly as he can.
    • Weaknesses: Without the element of surprise, Jacoby is a sitting duck. His flawless close combat game comes at the price of a complete lack of range. He isn't an archer or offensive magic user, so facing one of these two types of fighters puts him at a significant disadvantage, especially if they are cunning enough to predict a sneak attack from him. Also being a glass cannon means he sacrifices all defense in the hopes that his all-out offense will prevail.
    Personality

View attachment 52381

Young and bitter would be the simplest way of describing Jacoby to those who have yet to meet him. Despite all of the bravado and confidence the dark elf exudes, he will always be on the tail-end of glory. Both House Hlaalu and the Morag Tong's glory days have long since past, so Jacoby constantly seeks to prove himself to his clan and order that he possesses the potential and ability of those that came before him. Perhaps he is at times too confident in his own abilities, which can lead to him underestimating others. His brash and outgoing attitude is quite uncommon within his order as well, but when on the job, he is someone else entirely.

Jacoby's ego goes completely out the door when he is on a mission to eliminate a target. With poise and precision, he approaches the task at hand. Cold and calculating, he will do what needs to be done to ensure he clears his contract as quick and efficiently as possible. No nonsense or gimmicks, Jacoby had made it clear why he was a rising star in his order just before his exile.

Now out on his own however, more of Jacoby's personality has begun to shed through the hardened shell that his time with the Tong had created. Though he bares the tattoos of his patron deity and order, he's realized that he's not as committed to them as he once felt prior. He has been more open to conversation with others as opposed to simply just boasting about himself or his heritage. Though his cocky attitude remains, Jacoby still believes he has more room to grow as an individual, and sometimes ponders what life would be like if he wasn't an assassin (though he never mentions this to anyone).
    • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Positive Traits: Intelligent, Cunning, Witty, Charming (at times), Outgoing, Extroverted
    • Negative Traits: Incredible Pride, Ego. Confrontational, Sarcastic
    • Likes: The heat of battle, Formidable Opponents, Dunmer History, Sujamma, Reading (Especially plays- his favorite being "The Poison Song"), Strawberries, Rainy weather, The sound of his own voice (probably)
    • Dislikes: The Dark Brotherhood, House Redoran, Bandits/Reavers, Uninteresting people, Ash Hoppers, Bard music, Snowy weather, Public displays of affection, Beggars
    • Fears: Death, Letting down those who care for him, Causing problems for others due to his own negligence
    • Habits/Quirks: Carving a letter or symbol into wood if he has a dagger in hand, Will randomly doze off if he is caught in a particularly boring conversation, Checking with local merchants to try and complete his "Poison Song" collection (This takes priority over basic necessities like food/potions)
    • Voice: Raspy and a bit hoarse. Most either find his voice to be intriguing or annoying.
    • Goals:
      • General Goal) Redeeming himself to the Morag Tong and his clan
      • Personal/Secret Goal) Finding his own worth / Starting a new life outside of being an assassin
    Background
    (I wrote up his history already, then felt it was just a bit too long. Currently condensing it to not give too much away)

TEXT COLOR

@Snoball Pardon my french here, but I fluffing love this character. If not for the fact that he's really cool and well designed, then because how well he is going to fit into our little dynamic here. @Sweetroll76 captured my thoughts for the most part. He's going to fit in nicely, and quite nicely at that.

There is one thing, still, however. Lilium is ummm..... rather um.... well, she tends to avoid rather tough and rugged looking individuals. Now this isn't much a problem, 'cause whilst talking to Spenser and Jinn, he could over hear us talking or something depending on the way things flow. However she would need to be convinced of his conviction to join her expedition. Could you give me some sort of motivation to Jacoby being interested in such an adventure?

Outside of that, it's outstanding, and I'm going to close casting for the time being until I get to read whatever bit of writing you are planning to provide! (It'll no doubt be as great)

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    Wow, thank you both so much for your kind compliments :) I tried going more in-depth with him than any of my other characters, just to match the quality all three of you put into your own AMAZING characters. And as for a motivation, Jacoby's main reason for devoting himself to the cause is mainly redeeming himself and bringing glory back to House Hlaalu (I added bullets to the Background section of his CC for a quick run-down of his history if any are interested. My writing sample is a direct follow-up to this). Though he does want to protect others as well, that's not his biggest concern initially (which hopefully changes throughout the course of the story!)

That being said, here's the writing sample:

______________________________________________________________________________

The Verdict​

It was cold and silent within the walls of Ashfallow Citadel as the night had begun to fall over Solstheim. A boat docked in Raven Rock’s port patiently waited to carry out Jacoby’s exile and take him from his home in the morning. This lingered in Jacoby’s head, as he lied in his sheets restlessly and more somber than usual. But he knew there was one last matter he had to attend to before bidding this run-down fort farewell. He needed to hear her one last time, he needed to know she hadn’t truly abandoned him yet. As such, he made his way to the other end of the fort while his brothers and sisters slept. He had eventually arrived at the Hall of Ancestors, the Morag Tong's wing dedicated to prayer and meditation with the legends of olden days.

Like a criminal appearing before a judge and jury, Jacoby slowly walks past the portraits of his Dunmer ancestors. Their red. pulsing eyes pierce his very soul. The portraits are hung high, as if they are meant to be looking down on him. These individuals represented the prime and glory of the Morag Tong and House Hlaalu, a glory that some low-life assassin like Jacoby could never even hope to attain. Then there, at the end of the hall, stood the judge herself. A grand statue of the Webspinner, Mephala, adorned the end of the hall, seemingly waiting for the young dark elf. With a dry, audible gulp, Jacoby goes down on one knee and places his dagger just before the statue. He leaves his hand on it and closes his eyes.

“Please.” He needs to hear her like he used to. He demands it. Years have passed without him hearing her sweet, subtle song, and when he needed her the most she would always send at least a sign. “Please…..” But now, here he waited in utter silence. His long breaths and steady heartbeat were the only things he heard in the hall. Now he was getting aggravated. “I SAID PLEASE, DAMN IT!” Jacoby stood up, breathing much faster and heavier. “Is this not what you want? To see me beg and plead for your counsel? Is that not what every Daedric Prince wants?” The silence was louder than any possible sound. It was deafening almost. Unable to stand this torment, he quickly retakes his dagger, clutching onto the bladed side by accident. The blade cuts a bit into his palm, but the pain was nothing compared to the turmoil he was feeling within himself. He eventually calms down and takes a step back from the statue. He gives the mistress of lies and deceit one last pain-filled look. “One day, you’ll realize you were wrong about me. And what a day it will be.” Clutching his palm, he turns his back on the statue and the portraits that lined the walls. He slams the door shut behind him, with Mephala’s judgment made final: Silence.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Hey guys, sorry for my late reply and sudden disappearance. I'll probably be back on Monday or Tuesday. I had a filling in my tooth break out, and the cavity went septic. Nice little emergency :)

Talk to you all soon <3

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    If your still looking for someone to be a rogue, I would gladly take the part. Also I do see that it says your not taking anymore writers, but if you change you mind just tell me. Then I will post my OOC and a sample of my writing, or you can check out my RP The Forgotten Tales and see for yourself. I will most likely use my OOC from there but change her up a bit.

Last edited:

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    If your still looking for someone to be a rogue, I would gladly take the part. Also I do see that it says your not taking anymore writers, but if you change you mind just tell me. Then I will post my OOC and a sample of my writing, or you can check out my RP The Forgotten Tales and see for yourself. I will most likely use my OOC from there but change her up a bit.
    As it says in the title of my Thread, we are not looking for anymore writers - nor does that mean we will be making any changes to that status. All the roles we had available have been filled, including the Rogue/Assassin character; which is why the title is saying "no longer searching". I'm sorry if my original post hasn't been updated to reflect that.

Thank you for your interest though! I think I can say for the others as well here, that we appreciate you're looking into it! Good luck with your RP and your Character, and good luck with your writing! I hope to see you around and I'll check out your writing!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    THREAD UPDATES:
    renamed thread "[OOC][18+][Private Roleplay] In the Name of Aetherius [No Applications]"
    removed Character Card Appiclations and Role Search from the intro post
    added "The Offical Cast of 'In the Name of Aetherius" to the intro post
    added "This is the Official [OOC|Out of Character] Thread for: 'In the Name of Aetherius' An Original Roleplay Story" to the intro post

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Aaaa sorry for my inactivity! I have my first mid-terms tomorrow so I have become a 'study-aholic' if that can be a term used... haha!
    Anyway, I absolutely ADORE your character @Snoball ! So dark and dynamic, ah! I cannot wait to roleplay with you all. It is going to be a heck of a story and I am glad it will be with you all!

I am very excited for this to begin. And sorry if I missed anything I should be aware of aaaa-

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Thursday will be my night of wrap-ups. Which means I will have the IC thread put together by midnight. It'll be started with a little.....surprise.....and I'll start up the posting with Lilium!

I would like to ask you all for one thing from each of you for your characters. Give me something you think would be in their nightmares. I'm not saying write anything, just give me an example. Like with my character, Lilium's would be seeing the moments leading up to her father's death; because she never got to see or hear exactly how it happened outside of a vague and censored description - and thus her traumatized mind would fill in that blank.

I'm not going to tell you all why exactly I am needing to get this information from you, but I will say that it will be important at some point in the story, but you'll all just have to wait and see ;)

(don't worry, it'll be great :D)

@Zelda @Snoball @Sweetroll76

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    @Specter of Death Ooooh I am so excited! Thursdays are already my favorite days of the weeks! Now I have more a reason to look forward to Thursday! <3 Oh I wonder... I am curious as to what you are planning! Obviously, Spenser's nightmares are flashbacks of fires and the burning of his family. It's a big part of his character which I know you already know, but I thought I would just quickly repeat it for you for quick access, haha!

Sweetroll76

Jinn is definitely afraid of being trapped, and a true nightmare would be stuck in a small place being pursued by Dwemer centurions and spheres.

One thing however, is her nightmares would be of her final battle in what I will call a 'previous life of hers' where most of her comrades are killed and she is defeated, and the feeling of that defeat and guilt is what truly haunts her to this day.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    Oooooh interesting! I'd say Jacoby's nightmare would involve him being isolated/cut off from everyone and everything (as if he was the only man alive). His experiences (Parents sending him to Solstheim, kicked from Morag Tong, disgraced by House Hlaalu) make him pretty susceptible to feeling like an outcast/abandoned

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    @Zelda @Sweetroll76 @Snoball

Thank you lovelies! I'm working hard on wrapping up Lilium's Diary entries for the prelude to our RP here all day today, and I am looking forward to this evening when I can get this bad boy started!

Oh, and don't worry friends - these little nightmares are gonna come in handy for me in crafting this adventure for you guys ;)

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    ALRIGHT, I know I said by midnight, but I've had a single minor set back, so this afternoon I'll have everything prepared for you all! Sorry for the miscalculation, it'll be worth it! Hold me to it! <3

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts