OOC {18+} It's The End Times (a World of Darkness RP)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Do you want access to more options for this RP?

• Nah - don't want to overcomplicate (or overload my brain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Yes - Mage: the Ascension

Votes: 2 50.0%
    • Yes - Wraith: the Oblivion

• Yes - Changling: the Lost

Votes: 1 25.0%
    • Yes - Hunter: the Vigil

Votes: 2 50.0%
    • Yes - Kindred of the East (Kuei-Jin - eastern vampires)

• Yes- Mummy: the Curse

• Yes - Werewolf: The Apocalypse

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I'll be able to post and have it make sense soon! :)

I wanted to post earlier, but it didn't work very well. Apollo isn't the kind of character to go into a club, so having him randomly walk in and just happen to notice Vanessa and Garr is all too convenient and doesn't fit with his behavior.

Although, I have only posted once, so I don't know how well I'll be able to defend that argument ;)

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I'll post by tomorrow afternoon.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Sorry about the delay, my phone decided to stop working yesterday. No idea why. Anyway, I'll post as soon as I can.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    I can dig it. I'm a fan of that Archetype. Plus there are a plops ton of varieties. I say look into them and pick the one you like the most.

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
    Hey skies, I'm pretty sure you got to a computer by now :p

But Nuro, there's a WoD wiki page on the first post of this thread... Hunter: the Reckoning or something down past all the vampire stuff. That should be able to give you some information, but Skies might have more sites he went to as well (not sure). We kinda went all over the place looking up info for non vamprie stuff -- since I haven't played anything but Vampire: the Masquerade lol.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    I used TV Tropes to get an overview of the different groups.

Then found wikis and fan sites. So wiki is the best place to start then you can get better explanations on a more private forum and stuff like that.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I got nothing. I know I said I'd post by now, but I don't have any ideas.

If someone wants to post, go ahead...please.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Sorry for the absurdly long wait. I'll try to have a post up after work today.

I do have a 7 hour shift, so give me a bit more time please.

Again, sorry for the wait, I didn't mean to stall the RP.

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
    Name: Grimshaw

Race: Human

Height: 5’ 7”

Weight: 120 lbs

Appearance: Short, scruffy brown hair; dark grey eyes; sharp jaw line; a thin scar on left cheek, from upper molars to lower canine; slim build

Attributes:

Primary – Mental

Secondary – Social

Tertiary – Physical

Abilities:

Primary – Knowledge

Secondary – Skills

Tertiary – Talents

Attire/Equipment: Dark blue long-sleeved shirt, black jeans, black combat boots; simple brown-handled tactical knife, Glock 9-11 sidearm, and a second, smaller knife hidden away in a boot

Affiliations: Lucifuge; pet rhesus monkey, a Familiar named Alzubahl (Ahl-zoo-ball)

Afflictions: Minor hallucinations

Personality:

Grimshaw is slightly sociopathic; he knows the existence of “right” and “wrong,” but doesn’t really care. His actions are planned out, but his plans are always intentionally malleable to be able to change with the situation. Should he be caught in the act, Grimshaw can imitate emotions – though he does not usually experience them. In certain situations, he’s capable of being charming, but usually decides not to because he feels it’s not worth the effort. His heightened intelligence is both a boon and a hindrance, as he is often able to see what others miss, but is usually isolated from his company because of it.

Gifts:

Mark of the Beast – The Hunter channels their own blood, and changes their own physical manifestation to mirror that of a terrifying demon, though no strengths/weaknesses are acquired

Familiar – Can call forth a lesser demon to the Hunter’s side, as an ally, in the form of a small animal

Backstory:

Jacob Phillips is one more name blotted out in his family’s centuries old book of genealogy. For thousands of years his family had been marked by the blood of Lucifer – the first fallen angel. Every seven generations a child such as Jacob was born, with demonic powers that manifest at some early point in their life. Mere months after his birth, Jacob’s own powers began to show. Promptly an emissary from a group of Hunters – known as the Lucifuge – arrived at his family’s estate. The long-standing relationship between the Hunters and Jacob’s family demanded he be handed over to the group, and his parents were forced to comply.

Raised among the ranks of the Lucifuge, Grimshaw (as he was dubbed upon being indoctrinated) knew no love save for the bite of steel and the pain of training. Since his first physical manifestation occurred, decades ago, he had been trained to control his roiling blood, honed to become a weapon of vengeance and retribution, to be used in the endless war on all things supernatural.

While physically weaker than some of his brothers and sisters, Grimshaw’s strength was his intellect. His mind processed information at a faster pace than his counterparts, and he was often set apart by it. For many years, his only way to cope with his growing loneliness was to lose himself in his training. But one day, soon after his fourteenth birthday passed, his continued solitude got through his emotional wall.

In an ironic twist, Grimshaw’s solace came in the form of that which he had been training all his life to eradicate. A lesser demon, brought forth from its plane of existence by Grimshaw’s turbulent emotions, found itself residing in the body of a small monkey, staring into the face of a young teenager who’d had no idea such a thing could happen.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Nice job with the post Seanu! You quite handily put my character back in their place. To be honest, I didn't realize I left the loophole about enhanced hearing open.

Anyway, nice job Vult and Seanu.

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
    Nice posts ^_^ I should have something written up tonight ^_^

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I'll have a post up as soon as I can. The last few days at work have been hellish.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts