• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Ok, Im out job- hunting all of this morning & im going seeing an apartment at 3, so ill send in my Cc around this afternoon.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Thank god it's friday. This week has just been hell. But, Drahkma and I are going to see the new Maleficent movie. Looks interesting.

Aethalia

You should go see it. I went last weekend and it was amazing! Surprised Drahkma wants to go though. Isn't he constantly ranting and raving about how horrible disney movies are?

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Pieces of me were twisted. Hard.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Realised ill have to entirely rewrite my cc. Might have to finish it tommorow morning.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Shork
    Orc tribe name: Shorkul​
    Race: Orc​
    skyrim-Mothgrobagol.jpg
    Appearance: Black hair & moderate beard, silvery grey eyes with an threatening & sometimes hungry look to them, dirt cloaked skin from ensueing ash storns, bared teeth to intimidate foes.​
    Afflictions: Alcoholism, Lycanothropy (Werebear)​
    MT_04.jpg
    Sexuality: Heterosexual​
    Relations: Mogrul (Raven Rock)​
    Religion: Before his move to Solstheim Shork was a loose supporter of Malacath, the patron god of orcs. Now he seeks counsel with Hircine to further his bestial strength.​
    Weaponry: Uses a hardened mace of Orcish design, but bears no connection to it & will use almost any One-Handed weapon available. Carries his old mining pickaxe as a last ditch resort, but can wield it with surprising effectivness.​
    Apparel: Thanks to his good relationship with the local blacksmith, Shork posseses a full set of Bonemold armour to protect him on dangerous ventures, though he rarely wears the helmet both in & out of combat, finding it obscure's his view. Basic miner clothes underneath.​
    Personality: Though reataining a gruff & gritty exterior, at heart Shork is a warm & considerate person, especially considering his current lifestyle. Notably this side of him seems to surface when he is drunken & confused, but frankly he can "go either way".​
    Like many orcs, Shork is boisterous, spontaneous & proud, despite seeing much less combat than some of his blod-kin. These traits are re-inforced by the beast-blood within, & this can also cause violent or even animalistic outbursts in times of stress & anger.​
    Overall, Shork tends to get along well with kind yet serious types, & posseses minimal racism towards any races. The one type of person Shork grows to despise is the manuipulating, snarky type, coincidently traits possesed by his brother, Mogrul.​
    Backstory: Born in the Dragontail Mountains of High Rock like so many of his kin, Shork & his Brother Mogrul quickly tired of their homeland & followed their aspirations of pride & wealth. They traveled east into Skyrim, briefly staying with their Brethern's rural strongholds, but grew wary of escalating conflicts brought on by the civil war. Mogrul suggested the asheous island of Solstheim, having developed a few connections over there already.​
    Upon their arrival, Mogrul set up a money lending buisness, whilst Shork earned his keep working in the Raven Rock mines.​
    Unfortunatly the rich deposits of Ebony led miners into an ancient nordic tomb, & the mine was cordoned off, leaving many workers unemplyed. The Counciler suggested looking for more deposits further inland, & the mining group (Shork included) set up an exploration group to find such resources. Ore deposits were discovered, but upon their return to Raven Rock the group was Assaulted by a pack of werebears, who nearly massacred the entire group.​
    Shork made it to Raven Rock with his life, but quickly found of his unwillingly transmitted Lycanothropy. Rejected by his Snobbish brother, he was forced into fleeing the town before his alternate form could take effect. Shork roamed Solstheim northern plains until he could sustain his original form. It has here that he decided to live at one with his beast-blood, & use its rewarding strength to aid him in the life of a mercenary.​
    Reasons: upon hearing rumours of a drunken man forbading dark times in Tamriel around Raven Rock, Shork mis-interprets it as an offer for mercenary work on the mainland, & ends up getting drawn into a desperate conflict, from which he may not return...​
    Notes: I figure with the stormcloak [remenent?] in Windhelm it would be best if the Northern Maiden drops him off elsewhere, is Solitude good?​

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Okay, you're in, but maybe, instead of having him arrive in Solitude, just mention it in your intro. Otherwise, you'd spend the next couple of posts having your character try to reach Whiterun. I'd say just have him arrive in Whiterun from Solitude.

Speaking of posting, I'm going to have Salthar talk with Shadari today, get that uniform marking ,and then right the council scene.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Should I post and have Shadari give Salthat the insignia she picked up?

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Might as well. Then' I'll post the council scene.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Holy pl*ps. That took about two days longer than I would've liked. I'd appreciate it if you guys posted before I post again. Just trying to give the impression that the meeting lasted several hours, and if Salthar comes back and you're all still standing around, it'll look kind of strange. Also, I want to post in Among The Stars, today or tomorrow sometime too.

Oh, and Rakinson, your dialogue colour is fine.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Holy pl*ps. That took about two days longer than I would've liked. I'd appreciate it if you guys posted before I post again. Just trying to give the impression that the meeting lasted several hours, and if Salthar comes back and you're all still standing around, it'll look kind of strange. Also, I want to post in Among The Stars, today or tomorrow sometime too.

Oh, and Rakinson, your dialogue colour is fine.

Thanks for the quick confirmation.

BTW, how should Shork stumble upon the group when taking this into account? Will they still be at the Psyrakons (Breezehome, right?) or will you guys have moved to the tavern (perhaps more appropriate for some chars), or even somewhere else?

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I think it best that Shork show up at the Tavern. It wouldn't exactly make sense for an orcish mercenary to be interested in what would look like a reunion between friends. Plus, those interested in staying with the Psyrakons, for the night (or however long we end up staying) should be inside Breezehome by the time I post again. TheShadedOne, willowwisp, could you two post please? I'm assuming Shadari would be more interested in going to the tavern, and Elizabeth needs to react to being hug ambushed.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Well, I landed in Germany last night. sorry for holding this up. I can post later unless anyone else wants to?

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Im ok if you post next. Dont want to hog the board.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Got a post in the works, folks.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Are you four guys at the tavern (nearly wrote pub then) ok if I post next?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts