• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    The first three strikes, which Jaxx came to regret, were thrown as hard as he could. With less momentum, the breton lashed the vein with his pickaxe with less strength, still seeing no impact caused. Continuously losing strength, he only stopped to admit a near-defeat from a mineral when another prisoner began gaining closure. Despite looking quite old, something Jaxx hoped to never become, the redguard seemed well acquainted with that horrible place, morbid enough to rival Oblivion itself. "Yer not digging out iron or silver ore anymore, New Blood. Ebony is one of the hardest minerals in Tamriel and you really need to swing into it if you plan on staying alive in this hell hole..." "Tell me about it..." "My apoligies, where are my manners?" Jaxx flinched once he stretched his hand, thinking a shiv would end him right where he stood. Luckily, it was a simple handshake, but next time it could be worse. "My name is Silvertongue." Despite Silvertongue sounding like an awkward enough name, Jaxx wasn't in the mood for sarcastic comments, at least not anymore since he nearly ended up ball-less after speaking his thoughts. "My name is Helf... Jaxx." The forsaking of his surname seemed to be the first step towards the embracing of his fine at Drahonnal. In fact, Jaxx didn't care anymore if people knew or not his full name. After he was done speaking, he shyly shook the man's hand, with a less quick movement.

While introducing himself, Jaxx noticed a few guards surrounding one of the prisoners and exiling him from the others through mild punches. "You looked at me funny, huh?! How 'bout now?!" The man soon succumbed and was kicked by at least eight ebony boots, from his head to his groin, made powerless on the ground. He tried not to look surprised or shocked, hoping to seem strong to the other men and women in the prison, but soon he turned his head to the other way. And I thought the Thalmor were evil...

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    "I see two great minds think alike"

Carina couldn't hold back a sly smile. She couldn't have said it better herself. "So, you have a plan? Or you waiting for him to come to one of us?" she asked quietly.

Carina continued to hit at the black stone as she spoke. It was back-breaking work, especially with her shiv in her hands as well as the pickaxe. Thankfully, her sense of smell had pretty much died already. Her eyes were adjusting to the dim light on the black walls, and she could see most of the prisoners had gotten back to work. However, there were those few that had learned the patterns of the guards and were doing whatever they felt like.

I need to make friends with them.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    The woman beside her smirked slightly as they both continued to hack away at the black ore. Shadow noticed she held on to her shiv as she did.

"So, you have a plan? Or you waiting for him to come to one of us?" she asked quietly. Shadow spoke in a whisper as well.

"I didn't really have a plan. All I know is if he even dares touch me he is going to get my shiv in his guts. Or something cut off" She glanced to the guards. "Unless you have a plan? if you do I'm in" She noticed an older man approaching the young man with the big mouth who had come in with her and the others. She could just make out their conversation as the older man introduced himself as Silvertongue and the younger sounded like he said his name was Jaxx? Meanwhile, a group of soldiers were beating up on another prisoner, and she could see other inmates casting glances at her and the woman beside her.

"Whatever we do in this place, we need to do it out of sight" she whispered.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    "I didn't really have a plan. All I know is if he even dares touch me he is going to get my shiv in his guts. Or something cut off" She glanced to the guards. "Unless you have a plan? if you do I'm in"
    The woman glanced at the guards, then in the direction of the annoying new prisoner. An older Redguard man was speaking with him. Carina silently hoped the Redguard would beat him up. He probably needed a beating, considering his attitude.

But something about this Redguard didn't strike Carina as outwardly violent. Perhaps it was his rings. Any personal items would surely have to be kept through bribery. This man was crooked. Perhaps even a ring leader. She made a mental note to get more info on that man.

Carina looked back at the black ore she was pounding loose.
    "I can always make a plan. Perhaps we set a trap? We'll have much more free time during sleeping hours, I say we execute then." Carina glanced around for passing guards. After being sure none were within earshot, she continued. "Surely he'll be interested in a pretty little Nord who can hardly take a little nudge from the guards, no?" Carina gave a sly smile at her reference to the woman's earlier attempt to appear weak. "So what do ya say? You willing to be the bait?"

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    "My name is Helf... Jaxx." Cyrus almost let out a laugh as he shook the nervous man's hand.

Im not so sure you are going to last so long around here.

Jaxx, already stressed by his encounter with the redguard, noticed another prisoner being disiplined by the ebony clad figures. For a split second, Cyrus was sure the breton was going to be sick, yet he hastily masked his emotions and turned away from the sight. "Don't let it get to you Jaxx, this is a common sight... in fact, this is very tame to what normally happens. Just keep your head down, work on your mining technique and don't step on anyones toes." Silvertongue put a hand on the new prisoner's shoulder and let out a chuckle as Jaxx flinched again. He leaned in close and whispered, "Your an investment of mine now, so if you need something in this next week, I'm your man." The breton had a confused look on his face, yet before he could open his mouth, Cyrus turned and walked towards an ebony vein and grabbed a pickaxe.

The argonian, Jeelius looked over and caught the working redguard's eye and had a funny look on his face. Cyrus could only imagine that Jeelius had seen the interaction between the two men and wasn't impressed that Cyrus was working towards earning the Lepids from his scaled friend.

Sivertongue just winked back.

Writes-Many-Posts

The redguard's pat on Jaxx's shoulder still provoked half a flinch, but made him calmer, although the part where he called him an investment provoked another unsure feeling. Whether Jaxx had questions or not, Silvertongue had already moved to a different ore, leaving Jaxx alone at his, between one where five massive orcs worked, possibly brought together by their faith in Malacath, and another, where a weird eyebrowless man and a seemingly restless woman dug as well. It seemed Silvertongue had returned to his station just in time, as Nyvis, with her armor now stained with blood she didn't have when he arrived to Drahonnal, popped out of the door that led deeper into the mine, her boots echoing on impact against the ebony in the ground. Following her, two guards, their armors cleaner, yet their brutality still felt in each step. Everything turned into silence while she was in their floor, interrupted only by the pickaxes penetrating ebony, or, in Jaxx's case, trying to. Even the guards stopped beating up the poor fellow. The prisoner stood up before her voice blasted out of her surprisingly unsore throat so powerfully that the mine's ceiling dropped some thick dust. "Formation!" The panic her presence provoked in Jaxx made him speed up his mining a lot. After three stronger than usual strikes, a crack would finally be visible in the almost flawless wall with hundreds, if not thousands years of age. The rest was a matter of aim. Jaxx struck the weakened spot repeatedly, and, in a slow, yet steady rhythm, an ore would come out. Nyvis pushed the man against one of the emptier ores, threw one of the pickaxes on the ground to his hands and walked out of the floor, allowing Jaxx and, perhaps everybody, a sigh of relief.

---------------------------------

Being one of the punishments done, Nyvis headed outside to find one of her guards on his knees. Over the days, she had heard he would supply a prisoner with food, and allow her to the well more often than the others. She lightly pressed her boot against his chest. "Explain yourself!" Nyvis yelled as she pushed him to the ground. "I... I don't know of what you speak, boss!" She took off his helmet to find a pale face, possibly thanks to the overly long time inside the mines, partially covered in dust, with dark curly hair that was long enough to cover his dry blue eyes. "Don't make me waste time..." Nyvis hissed, her teeth pushed together during the whole sentence. As if magically, the man spoke the truth. "I've been helping a prisoner..." Somehow, Nyvis didn't look or sound angry, surprising even the two guards that grabbed the traitor's arms. "Who, and why?" A couple of tears fled the man's right eye before he spoke. "Thurayah... She is my wife... I... Joined the guard in Drahonnal to protect her... She drinks... drank a little but she isn't a murderer! I swear! She is innocent..." Nyvis helped the man stand up, although still trapped by the two other guard's troll-like arms. "You betrayed the guard of Drahonnal, so you lose your job... Give me your armor..." The man looked awkward beholding the fact of undressing at work in front of his former boss, but he did what he was told. Despite disgusted by being grabbing a naked man, the guards still held his arms firmly. Nyvis called two other guards and pointed at the mine. "Thurayah is somewhere among the prisoners. Bring her here, to her husband." It didn't take long for the man to go inside and get out with a screaming lass grabbed by arms and legs. "No! Let me go!" She was in very good shape. Not dirty and skinny, unlike all the other prisoners. A clear evidence of being fed regularly, and perhaps allowed to bath in the sauna. Nyvis called two more guards. "Four of you, rape her, while two of you, force him to watch. Take turns if you want, I don't give a damn. Once you are all finished, make her watch her husband's head chopped off, then throw her back into the mine!" Their pleas were louder than usual, but it was to no avail. Nyvis looked at the horizon angrily, hardly believing one of her men ignored the rules she had set. In a burst of anger, she yelled at all the remaining guards outside, as well as prisoners that were unloading ebony at the pile and drinking water from the well. "Let it be known! Guard or prisoner! If you defy Drahonnal, Drahonnal crushes you! Remember!" Then, with a lash of her whip against the dusty ground, she roared to the skies. "Now back to work!"

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    The Redguard man finished his conversation with Jaxx and sauntered away. Shadow eyed the older man, as did the woman beside her. She wondered if she was thinking the same thing about him. This was the man to see if you needed something. That much she could tell. As Shadow hacked away at the ore vein, she smiled at the woman's mention of her show outside.

"So what do ya say? You willing to be the bait?" Shadow thought about it for a minute. It wouldn't be the first time she had played the innocent victim.

"Sure, why not" she said. Well I don't entirely trust this woman but she is the closest thing I have to an acquaintance down here. She was about to speak again when she noticed Nyvis enter the mining floor again, her armour splattered in blood. The woman appeared to be fuming with rage, so much so that the Ebony guards all stood straighter and the prisoners were all silent except for the strike of metal on rock. The guards who were beating the man stopped and Nyvis kicked the prisoner back to an ore vein, throwing a pick ax at him, narrowly missing skewering his hand. She stormed out of the mine, followed by two of her Ebony warriors.

"Well I guess that explains what happens down in that room" Shadow whispered to her companion as she mined the ebony. She was dying to see what was down in that room, her morbid fascination with inflicting and receiving pain almost getting the better of her. "We will need to be very careful about this, and you are right, break time seems to be the only time to do it" She was used to working in the shadows, in fact she was well known among her peers for it. The thought of it sent a small thrill through her body.

Just then, a group of Guards burst in, calling out for a woman by the name of Thurayah. When they found her, they dragged the young woman kicking and screaming out of the mine. Wonder if we shall ever see that one again? Shadow wondered with a lift of her eyebrow. She felt no pity for her, she had killed younger, prettier women than her, for a bag of coin. This place just gets more interesting by the minute. She hefted the ax at the vein, feeling it crack under her ax.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    "Sure, why not," the woman replied simply enough. She opened her mouth to say something else, but she was interrupted by Nyvis making nothing less than a scene as she entered the room. Even the guards were on edge. The blood-stained ebony warrior made her way out of the prison room with only two guards, however.

"Well I guess that explains what happens down in that room," the woman whispered as Nyvis made her exit. Carina was now had a slight feeling of jealousy towards Nyvis, as she could torture and murder whomever she liked, meanwhile they were unlucky enough to be her livestock. And why? To Carina, it seemed like nothing more than Nyvis had gotten lucky.

"We will need to be very careful about this, and you are right, break time seems to be the only time to do it." Carina nodded. Hopefully there would be something in the break area they could use to their advantage. For now, they could only try to plan the distraction, and figure how long it would take for him to notice.

Carina's thoughts were interrupted by a group of guards calling out for someone named "Thurayah." Here we go Carina thought, rather annoyed. Another criminal turned victim. Carina had absolutely no feelings of pity or sympathy towards this "Thurayah," but the guards and their leader had an endless supply of easy targets, and again, Carina was jealous. They could vent their anger by beating her up, laugh at her while they slit her throat, catch her on fire and roast marshmallows over her. Who knows, they probably had access to skooma!

"Any idea how to become one of the guards?" Carina joked. "Name's Carina, by the way," she said as she lifted her pickaxe for an extra heavy blow at the ebony wall.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Shadow watched the guards drag out their latest victim and noticed the woman beside her looking after them longingly.

"Any idea how to become one of the guards?" the woman beside her joked. "Name's Carina, by the way,"

"Shadow" she nodded her head. "Haven't seen one woman in the guards" she said as she worried at the crack appearing in her ore vein. A nice largish piece of ore was reluctantly coming away from its ancient resting place. She had carefully studied the guards that patrolled the top of the mining floor, and the ones that were outside as well. She had observed that not one of them was female.

"I guess Nyvis likes to be the only hen in the cock house" she half chuckled. She was secretly jealous of the woman with her pick of all those fine strapping men. What do I have down here? Dirty old men and others that are mere sticks and bones. And what she wouldn't give for a drink, hell she would have slit anyone's throat for a bottle of mead. A bottle of mead and a nice big man to sate her other desires.

"I think I have a plan for our 'friend'" she said to Carina. The two women put their heads together and planned their murder. Like old times, she thought, except this time she wasn't going to do the deed alone.

Writes-Many-Posts

Time passed by in the hellish mines, with guards always watching and interfering in case a prisoner dropped a chunk of ebony, or lingered for too long, but Jaxx das able to keep himself out of conflict for that time and even deliver two pieces of the mineral to the large pile outside. As a miner, he knew water could nourish him, and drank as much as he could both times when he went outside, to illude his stomach and make it stop complaining about the many hours spent without food. Jaxx would already be halfway done with the third ebony piece when Nyvis' whip made him snap out of his work. "Time is up! Back into the dorms!" All prisoners lined up in front of the door that would take them further below the ground, where they would all be forced to sleep in. The closer everybody got, the worse their complete stench would be. Even Jaxx was beginning to smell like sweat, much to his dislike, but he chose not to complain, after two tough run-ins with Nyvis. A guard took off his helmet, relieved that his shift was over. "Ah, now its time to drink..." Before he specified what drink it would be to punish the prisoners with envy, an unseen wood elf jumped out of the darkness behind him and pressed his own shiv against his neck. To respond, all the guards pointed their bows at the man, who only had his hostage's cuirass to protect him. The guard who was being held had frozen completely, his helmet on the left hand. Nyvis never gave him an impressed look, and simply took one of her men's bow and aimed at him as well. "I admire your courage... The important is you tried..." She released the string made of thin ebony and made the arrow fly right against the guard's forehead, causing the enemy to lose his hostage. "plops!" Nyvis wasn't much of an archer, and would have probably missed if her target was moving, but the important was that her foe no longer had an upper hand. After handing the bow roughly to its owner, she walked menacingly to the trembling prisoner, no weapons out, only her oranging eyes gazing into his green ones. He still held his shiv in a defensive position. "Drop... it." The elf shook his head and took two steps back from her. Nyvis patiently kept up with him. "You have lost. Drop the fl*ffing weapon now! I will not ask again!" The man had a couple of tears fall from his eyes, before surrendering to her, throwing away his weapon. The thought of her dominance still turned Nyvis on, as showed by her displayed smirk. "Disappointing... Crucify him!" Her executioners put down their bows and dragged the crying elf out of the room, outside, with the prison bidding goodbye to his fellow men with a last scream of agony before leaving the underground. "Tomorrow, you will all be able to see your friend dead outside. Let this serve as a warning. For all of you. For the prisoners, never try to escape! For the guards, never take off your armor before time comes!" She then nodded to the two guards that were between the prisoners and the wooden door, and they responded by opening it.

Jaxx was one of the last prisoners in the line, and, as well, one of the last ones to get inside the dorms. It was a very large area, a lot fresher than the mine, being it in fact freezing, and somewhat better lit than the mine, with torches buried deep in the ebony filled walls. On the ground, many bedrolls were piled on each other, although the area was large enough for a large portion of it to be unoccupied by anything. Everyone was lined up at the center of the dorm, including Jaxx, who followed the other inmates, while Nyvis' orange blazing eyes, like twin suns, toasted them. She didn't say anything else, and gestured everybody to leave the prisoners alone, much surprisingly, for the 6 hours they had for themselves. Once the guards were all gone, every prisoner pretty much spread around the corners and walls, possibly as groups or gangs, taking their possessions, skeever flesh, clothes, shivs and bedrolls, to their area. At first, it was a complete chaos, impossible to comprehend, but once Jaxx figured out, he muttered "Oh, crap..." Four bedrolls had been roughly put in the middle of the dorm, meant to belong to the newbies, but three more were thrown in there, possibly belonging to those that didn't live to see the end of that day. Jaxx picked one up shyly and tried to look around for a place away from the dangerous people he would for then on live with, but before he could even choose, that lass which had been taken from the mine earlier, Thurayah, was once again thrown at the dorm. The thick bright liquid in her face did look indeed like, what Jaxx would never be able to use for its real purpose: she had been raped. "Your stop, slut!" An anonymous guard said, before closing the door again. She was crying desperately, but everyone seemed to ignore her completely. She managed to crawl to that one location Jaxx wanted to go to, but failed to do so in time. Since nobody was giving a skeever's ass about her, and, although defiled by many, she was attractive, Jaxx timidly dragged his bedroll to her side. "Come on... Having sex, of all things that already happened to me, doesn't seem that bad." Thurayah angrily turned to him and approached her face to his very quickly. "They killed my husband!" While gazing at her blue eyes, Jaxx noticed two smells that weren't common among the prisoners he had been sharing some space with. The first one was from the semen, surely, and not a pleasant one, but Jaxx could smell a sweet aroma that his nose hadn't been allowed to taste in a long time. "Wow... How did you get your hands on a perfume from Cyrodiil?" She calmed down and wiped both tears and sperm from her face with her rags, before replying, still sobbing. "My husband gave it to me... He took such good care of me... He died because of me... And there is nobody left that cares about me now!" Jaxx, making a big effort to gaze into her eyes Don't look at her breasts, not now! pat her back before replying. "Hey, I'm here because I cared to make you stop crying." Thurayah swept her long brown hair off her eyes, and spoke angered, instead of sad. "All who show feelings, emotions or empathy here, meet grim fates." Feeling that it could already be time for something less burdening as mourning, Jaxx tried to use some light humor. "Nyvis is already pissed with me and I haven't even shown any emotions... Speaking of which, do you know when I'll get out?" She chuckled, once reminded of his foolish earlier question, and they both stood in silence for a while, looking at the prisoners around. Few of them were actually sleeping, only some who would actually be guarded by the rest of their gang. Most's attention was gathered by a couple who was having sex in front of everyone, on the floor, as the rest cheered. "Wait... If I want to have sex everyone will watch?" Thurayah didn't even make herself look at the sad scene of the dorm. "Yes, unless you have the fortune of going to the guards' room..." The idea of either not having sex, or having everyone else evaluating his performance didn't please Jaxx. "They will all just make fun of me!" A sly smile blossomed in Thurayah's lips. "You're impotent? Or too small?" On a regular occasion, Jaxx would probably be offended by the question of his skill in bed, but since she was mourning, he chose to take another chance at making her smile and muffle the dark mist of her loss with a humorous light. "No! No... But certain quirks of mine are mocked if known by many... Imagine if everyone here hears me yelling in ancient Dwemer or Falmer once I climax... That would certainly look terrible..." She laughed, showing Jaxx for the first time her teeth by happiness. On another part of the room, several prisoners, mostly elves and khajiit, held on baskets made of rags shivs, clothes cut out of bedrolls and skeever flesh, yelled prices for their products, speaking of Lepids, whatever it was, as currency. "Lepids?" Thurayah's glad explanation made Jaxx believe they had already befriended a little. "Purple mineral chips. Are used as money. If you find an ore of lepiditte, a rule among us, prisoners, claims it is yours to make into lepids. You can also do many services for other prisoners to gain money." She pointed at the two prisoners that had been fornicated, just after the man was finished and everybody around them applauded. Once the lass stood up, the man handed her four shiny chips and walked happily to his bedroll. "Another rule says to never tell a guard about the lepids if you are caught, or it will be the prisoners' shivs that will punish you, instead of the law." Aware of his empty pockets, Jaxx realized he would need to hunt skeevers himself if he required food. Also aware of the position the two nords had been in, Jaxx innocently asked about child birth. "Uhm... I noticed that they did the... thing down there and... What happens if she has a child?" She grimaced before replying, hinting him about a sad backstory related to that issue. "It depends on Nyvis' mood... If she is angry, or her eyes look orange, the baby will probably go to the dogs..." "Alive?!" Jaxx was surprised to the point of possibly being heard by many of the other prisoners, which resulted in Thurayah shushing him herself. "Yes... But there have been a few cases when they were sent to Honorhall... My only friend here had a baby girl a few weeks ago. Nyvis threw her to the hounds while we both watched. She... she cut off her wrists the night after..." The thought of a child being teared limb from limb by ruthless dogs made Jaxx dizzy. "Sorry to hear that... But cheer up!" Thurayah predicted what Jaxx would say and interrupted him. "I know you cannot have children! I saw Nyvis cooking you outside when you arrived!" Jaxx swept the dust that he had gathered in his rags and stood up. "Look, I will try to find a dinner for two." It was true he liked to play the hero, but the real problem was finding the heroic action to do. Wherever Jaxx turned, he would find nothing but prisoners, hookers, merchants and gangs, no skeever to eat. A fat tail could be seen moving in the darker side of the room, completely devoid of people. Jaxx got out his shiv and rubbed his hands together, approaching the darkness.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    The rest of the afternoon on the mining floor went past without to many issues. Cyrus noted that the new prisoners quickly picked up the arduous task of mining ebony... even the jittery breton. Initially, the redguard had cursed himself for taking on such a high risk bet. A loss would mean all of his hard earned lepids would go to Jeelius. He liked the old argonian, but he liked his lepidite more. After paying close attention to his investment, however, he saw some unique qualities that may help him survive, for at least for a week, Cyrus hoped.

The familiar crack of Nyvis' whip snapped Silvertongue out of his daydreaming and he straightened up to stretch his back, than slowly ambled toward the stairs leading down to the sleeping quarters. He caught sight of the two new ladies and his heart quickened its pace when he thought about what was likely going to be the worst night of their young lives. The temptation of clean, attractive and new girls was far too much for many of Drahonnal's inmates. There was a time when Cyrus was one of the men who would pursue the new ones. Consent was not required. Those days were long gone, however he couldn't lie to himself, it still got him worked up to see one of the filthy blokes catch a woman and ravage her on the floor in front of a jeering crowd. After 4 or 5 men, the woman were usually than too bloodied and hysterical to be noticed in that way... until the next night. It is horribly cruel, but it is Drahonnal.

Another incident of cruelty occurred in front of the inmates just as they were about to enter the dormitory. A brave and foolish bosmer, whom Cyrus only knew to look at, had jumped behind an unexpected guard and pressed a shiv against the guards exposed throat. Cyrus smiled.

What an interesting day full of unexpected events!

The elf had no chance... for that matter, neither did the guard. Nyvis, in true character, shot the complacent guard through the head and ordered the wood elf to be crucified outside.

Just another example of the horrific nature of this dreaded hole...

There was a lot of chatter in the dormitories that night. Many events had unfolded and so there was plenty of things to discuss in great and exaggerated detail. Cyrus much preferred this atmosphere as opposed to an atmosphere bought on by a bored bunch of prisoners. Boredom led to arguments. Arguments led to fights and fights led to shiving or all out gang on gang violence. Silvertongue was too old and weary to get enjoyment out of those incidents anymore.

As Silvertongue made his way top his bedroll and group of friends, a menacing young redguard came striding up to him. He was a tall, muscular man with mattered, dreadlocked hair that reached halfway down his back. Cyrus stopped and looked worried. "Ricoh, what the fl*ff did they do to you?" He reached out and gave the young redguard a handshake and hug before standing back to see the extent of his kinsman's injuries. A busted and bloodied eyesocket stood out and as Ricoh smiled back at his wise friend, he revealed two missing teeth and a cut off tongue. The young reguard pointed to his mouth gesturing that he couldn't talk and turned to walk towards the the circle of bedrolls they used. Jeelius was already there, as were several other people that Cyrus had recruited or befriended over the years. They looked how Cyrus felt.

Someone is going to pay for what they did to Ricoh!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Shadow managed to get one largish piece of Ebony out to the pile stacked against the wall. She was then allowed to drink from the well and drank deeply, knowing that it was probably the only time she would be allowed to. After another hour or so, she could not tell how long, Nyvis finally came on to the mining floor and announced that the day was over. Shadow followed the rest of the prisoners and lined up, ready to go down to the floor below.

There was an incident when an elf tried to take a guard hostage. Shadow watched on with interest as the negotiations failed to even start when Nyvis shot the captured guard through the head and the elf was dragged off to be executed. The incident did not deter Shadow from her plan one bit. As they all filed down to the sleeping floor she noticed a pile of bedrolls in the center of the large room. It was blessedly cool down here and as Shadow picked up her bedroll, she nodded slightly to Carina, hoping that the other woman would keep her word. Shadow looked around for the soon-to-be-dead man and spied him standing in a group of inmates surrounding a couple on the floor having sex. Her eyes narrowed as he fondled himself as he watched the couple.

As if he felt her watching him, he lifted his head and saw her, his face lighting up and he winked at her and licked his lips, exposing himself to her. Whatever bait Shadow had to wave in front of the man was not necessary. She already knew he was going to come after her. Shadow put on a face of worry and made out like she was petrified as she selected a dark corner of the large room towards the very back. She laid out her bedroll and sat down on it. She watched the goings on for a while. The couple had finished f***fing and the man handed over some sort of payment to the woman, who immediately took up the offer of another man. Lucky her, Shadow thought to herself. The mouthy Breton had found a new friend, the woman that had been dragged off earlier. The old man with the silver beard was with a group of people over in one corner and Carina, well she had made herself scarce, like they had planned. Again Shadow hoped that she was going to stick with the plan, if not she would have to do it all herself, and though she did not doubt her skills, she would need the help to dispose of the body. She had already thought about that and it seemed like the best thing to do would be to drag the body to the skeevers and let them have at it. The guards can then discover whatever remains were left.

Shadows stomach ached, she was hungry and knew she also had to eat. She was curious as to what those men were paying for the sex with the woman with. She left her bedroll and wandered over to a small group of women talking amongst themselves.

"Ladies" she nodded. They looked her up and down and one of them reached out and touched Shadow's golden blonde hair.

"Well aren't you a pretty little thing" she said to her.

"The men are just going to eat you alive my dear" another one sneered, "Not to mention some of the woman to". Shadow put on her show of innocence and the ladies laughed. She nodded towards the enterprising woman, just finishing off her second customer for the night. The lucky man handed her something.

"What is it that the men are giving that woman?" she asked the ladies. They looked at each other and shrugged, then one spoke up.

"Lepids dear. You will find that down here, Lepids are the only thing that will keep you alive."

"Best get to earning some" one said suggestively, pointing to the woman who was now at her third customer. The rest of the group laughed as Shadow wandered back to her roll. On her way to it she noticed a young Redguard man watching her. She was about to glare at him until he smiled at her. She smiled shyly back and sat down on her bedroll. Most of the prisoners were settling down and soon the room was reasonably lacking in activity. A few grunts and groans could be heard from various spots around the room. Well, now is the time, Shadow thought as she lay down on her back, secretly hiding her shiv under her, just inches away from her hand.

She listened to the noises in the room until she closed her eyes and breathed steady for at least half a hour before she heard a noise very close to her. Come and play...She could hear heavy breathing as someone crept up to her. Thinking she was asleep he leaped on top of her and covered her mouth with his hand, holding his shiv to her eye. Shadow's eyes flew open and she struggled under the weight of the man's body.

"Don't f***fing scream or you will lose one of those pretty blue eyes, bitch!" he hissed at her. His breath stank like rotten horker. As she wriggled under him she could feel his erection pushing against her, and his hand fumbled with her pants as he tried to pull them down. Shadow was not frightened at all, she had played this game before. Let them think they had the upper hand before she stabbed them in the guts. He managed to get her pants halfway down her thighs as she struggled again and his hand fondled her nether regions.

"Ah you are ready for me, nice and wet" he said. This was actually starting to turn Shadow on but she had a plan and needed to stick with it. Just as he parted her legs she grabbed her shiv from under her and plunged it into his side with all her strength. Her other hand flew to his mouth and she muffled his scream. She pinned the man to her with her thighs, that were a lot stronger than they looked. Stupid dumb f***f, what was he expecting? She could feel her shiv hand grow slick with his blood as it poured out of the wound. She stabbed him again. Now would be a good time for Carina to arrive....

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Carina's contribution to the Ebony pile wasn't huge, but it was big enough to keep Nyvis and the other guards off her back. After a decent drink from the well, Nyvis announced it was time for bed, to which a guard responded by taking off his helmet. A wood elf wasted no time taking the man hostage, to which Nyvis responded by simply killing the guard. Carina wasn't sure why Nyvis didn't just kill the prisoner with the same arrow, until she heard Nyvis tell the guards to crucify him. Better him than me Carina thought as the prisoners made their way to the cooler, deeper barracks.

As Shadow and the other new prisoners made their way to the fresh bedrolls in the center of the room, Carina made her way towards the shadowy walls of the room, where she could hear skeevers nesting. She wasn't going to be using the bedroll, at least not tonight. Best to stay awake and keep alert. Shadow gave her a nod, to which Carina nodded back. I haven't forgotten about you.

As Carina approached the skeevers, she noticed they were rather skittish compared to the ones that would live in the sewers of Cyrodiil. They were probably used to the prisoners coming after them. But for now all she needed was one.

One that she could feed to two or three, that way the skeevers were in "eating mode" and would attack when they saw blood. Not to mention have them stay put.

Carina crouched down, shiv in hand, and slowly approached the nest. She was really missing her bow right about now. The skeevers hissed and backed up against the wall, cornered. They tried to flee, but Carina lunged and managed to catch one by the tail. It squeaked and turned to bite her, but she sunk her dagger through its eye and into its brain before it could bite down.

Carina laid it out in front of her in order to skin it, and draw as much blood from it as she could before worms or something got into it. As she sink her shiv into its matted gray fur, she looked around to see quite a few people having sex, with groups of people surrounding each couple. The woman who had been taken away earlier was back now, and from what Carina could tell, her punishment had not been an easy one. In fact, to Carina, that was the worst punishment - rape. The new Breton had been speaking with her, and was now approaching the outer parts of the room, most likely hunting as well. In fact, he was getting a little too close for comfort.

Carina had skinned about half of the skeever by now, and decided that was enough. The Breton was only a few feet away, and she could not have him kill or steal either the skeever she had killed or the ones who would begin to eat it, since they were part of her plan for killing.

"Hey, if i catch you coming near my skeever or any of them that go near it, I'll eat you for dinner instead," she threatened, shoving him a few times as she spoke. Before he could give what would most likely have been a smart ass reply, she made her way toward Shadow and the man that was making his way on top of her, occasionally glancing a death glare toward the Breton as she walked away.

A few more prisoners had begun to gather around, and when Shadow stuck her shiv into the man's side, they all gasped in surprise. Carina shoved her way through the group, pulling the man by his hair off Shadow as she stuck her shiv in him once again. "Finish pulling his pants down, and cut his penis. I wanna make sure the skeevers eat that first," Carina told Shadow. She hoped the woman wouldn't mind taking a few orders, and this would definitely go smoother if Shadow would just do as she was told.

The man was on his back next to Shadow's bedroll, and Carina was sitting on his chest holding his arms down. She placed her shiv in his arm, causing him to scream out in pain once again, but Carina punched him in the throat, yelling at him to shut up. He spit at Carina, to which she responded by digging her thumbs into his eyes, blinding him. She then leaned in close to him and whispered, "Listen, Prick, tonight you don't make the rules." She took her shiv out of his arm, pulled him up by his hair once again, and ordered him to walk, gesturing to Shadow to help her lead him. He fought every step of the way, but between his blindness and the two women currently being in better shape than most of the other prisoners in the place, they made their way toward the spot Carina had placed the skeevers.

The man fell multiple times, and every time Carina would kick him in the ribs and shout "Walk!" Shadow made her own contributions as well.

Against the wall, the skeever Carina had originally caught was little more than bones, and about three more were fighting over the scraps. Carina shoved the man at the creatures, to which they pounced on. They started with where he was bleeding from, namely his eyes, the two wounds in his side, the wound in his arm, and of course his penis. He screamed uncontrollably, and Carina pointed and laughed.

After a few minutes, the man shut up, either the skeevers had eaten his throat or he was dead. Probably both. There were probably ten skeevers on him now, and Carina managed to stab two before they noticed her coming. The rest scurried to the other side of the body.

Carina looked to Shadow, a grin on her face. "Well done. But I'm sure you've done this before. Help yourself to a skeever. You mind if I hang out around your bedroll?"

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Raenya's eyes were red and raw from all the tears, but she was silent and calm now. The guards holding her arms were pushing her forcefully towards a tall pole, staked into the ground in the middle of the empty courtyard of the prison. She was backed up against it, and stared at the guards as they tied her hands together behind the pole, bloodlust in her eyes. These drunkards had killed her only family; her frail, elderly father. She wished she could kill these bastards, and make it slow, too. She'd heard rumours of the atrocities committed behind these walls, and her father's murder had only served to confirm those rumours.

Once her arms were tied behind the log, the guards taunted her for a few minutes, hoping for a reaction. Raenya gave them none. She stared into their eyes, uttering not one word; simply attempting to unnerve them. This goal was achieved; they eventually grimaced, walking away. The moment they were out of earshot, she dropped to the ground, sitting on the muck and leaning against the pole, letting the tears come through once more, though in a more controlled method.
    "I'm sorry, Father..." she murmured under her breath. "I couldn't save you. Over twenty years of training in the woods, and those guards just..." She whimpered quietly, her lip trembling. "I will kill them. I will find them in here, and I will kill them, if it's the last thing I do in this gods-forsaken life."

Before Raenya had a chance to continue her mutterings, there was a loud bang as a door was flung open, and a scream. An elf was being dragged out toward a cross by his ankles, and not gently either. The guards brought down the cross and laid it under him, arranging his broken limbs so that they matched the cross underneath him. Then they pulled out a pair of nails and a hammer each, grinning at each other as they put one nail each to the elf's hands and began to hammer away. Raenya turned away, struggling to ignore the bloodcurdling shrieks of the elf, her eyes tightly shut.

The screams stopped for a moment, turning to begging and crying, before turning back into shrieks as the guards began on his feet. In an attempt to ignore the noises, Raenya sang a song under her breath; a song her father had taught her when she'd been very little.
    "There was a crooked man and he walked a crooked mile, he found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile. He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse, and they all lived together in a little crooked house." She repeated the words to herself, over and over, eyes shut tight and her head shaking to try to remove the screaming from her brain. And finally, she noticed the screaming had stopped. In its place was a horrific gurgling sound, and Raenya forced herself to take a look.

She wished she hadn't. She saw the elf, nailed to the cross, which was now back up in its position, displaying the corpse to the courtyard. His eyes were wide open, his mouth dripping blood, and his head was lolling to one side. Raenya's eyes widened, and she turned away, closing her eyes and trying to get to sleep. The whole ensemble had seemed terribly... crooked.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Right on cue Carina appeared and lifted the man off Shadow by his hair. She stabbed him and threw him down on the ground beside Shadow an threw her a look that was full of menace and excitement, the same as what Shadow probably looked.

"Finish pulling his pants down, and cut his penis. I wanna make sure the skeevers eat that first," Shadow smiled maliciously, liking that idea. She pulled the man's pants clean off and as she did so she discovered a small crudely made pouch tied to his right calf. Shadow sliced the pouch off his leg, making sure to cut him in the process. She slipped the pouch down the front of her tunic top and then grabbed the man's still erect penis and sliced down the length of it. He screamed like a woman as Shadow cut into his ball sack as well. Carina was doing interesting things to his eyes at the same time, the familiar popping noise eyeballs made when squished, almost music to Shadows ears.

"Listen, Prick, tonight you don't make the rules." Carina hissed at him. They lifted him onto his feet, needing both their strength to keep him upright. Shadow dug her shiv into his ribs again to keep him from struggling and to hold him up. She was enjoying this immensely as they marched him to the back corner were a group of hungry skeevers awaited him. He fell a couple of times but each time Shadow or Carina stabbed him again and got him back up on his feet.

"Get up you dumb f***f!" Shadow growled at him, grabbing him by his penis and squeezing hard. They made it over to the darkened corner and shoved the man towards the skeevers who had worked themselves up into a frenzy with the smell of new blood. They swarmed on the man and soon his body was covered with a mass of grey furry bodies. The two women stood there and watched as the skeevers enjoyed their meal of man flesh. Carina laughing and then killing two more skeevers herself. She looked to Shadow, a grin on her face.

"Well done. But I'm sure you've done this before. Help yourself to a skeever. You mind if I hang out around your bedroll?" Shadow's grin was a wide as Carina's as she took one of the skeevers. The crowd began to disperse, the excitement over. She noticed the young Redguard man and he nodded his head to her, looking like he was almost proud of her. She smiled back and he pointed to her skeever and then to a small fire she assumed was his. Shadow nodded. She also noticed a few more of the prisoners giving both of them approving looks and nods.

"Many times, but none quite as enjoyable as that. As for my bedroll, you are most welcome". Now there would be a certain amount of respect due to both of them. Shadow had earned her way into this Hellhole, she did not deny it, but she sure as hell would make the most of it.

Writes-Many-Posts

"Hey, if i catch you coming near my skeever or any of them that go near it, I'll eat you for dinner instead," Jaxx frowned, but responded out of instinct. "Nyvis didn't cook me well enough, but... oh she's gone..." Since the girl was busy doing some sort of orgy with the guy that was raping the other one, Jaxx couldn't finish his annoying answer, forcing his eyes to turn back to the darkness, away from the skeevers that were eating that chick's prey. He wasn't paying attention to the details of what was happening behind him, nor how many customers the hooker had already taken, nor how many shivs there were under ther tallest orc's long rags, as he approached a dark elf suspiciously and silently. With his tongue stuck out of the corner of his mouth, the breton peeked everywhere away from that Carina's area, but her bait seemed to be luring all the skeevers nearby.

After moments of fruitless, despairing searches, Jaxx heard a scream, as well as probably all the prisoners in that floor. He turned around to find the rapist being the victim, drowning a bedroll in his blood. His breathing was loud and disturbed the silence in the floor, being the only noise that surpassed it the girls' angry orders and the chittering skeevers. With a penis in their hands, as well as a shiv, each, they forced the man to leap to his death by the pile of bones which had just served a meal to the other rats, without eyes, blood, testicles and perhaps other organs. His screams were loud, like the previous, but this time, brief. Once their meal was consumed, the small critters dispersed around multiple areas, allowing Jaxx to track one to its small cave. He stretched his hand inside the hole and clawed the ground he would find, trying to find a prey. Finally, he caught a tail between his fingers. "Aha!" After a few pulls to the surprisingly heavy skeever, Jaxx would be able to see the tip of its furry tail, peeking out of the rat hole. He pulled harder, and realized he hadn't dragged one, but five skeevers, tangled around each other. Their red eyes soon would blossom out of their grey bodies, all eying the man who dared to disturb their slumber. With quick jumps, they jumped out of each other's grasps and surrounded Jaxx as he held his rusty shiv pointing towards the one he had grabbed first. One bit his leg from behind, the other was kicked by his left foot, another jumped on his back and tried to take him to the ground, craving for another human prey. Jaxx rolled to his right, hurting the skeever on his back and causing it to shy away back inside its cave. After quickly standing up, he sprinted towards the prisoners, with a faded plan sketched in his mind. One of the remaining four rats was nibbling on his arm, something of which Jaxx became aware of when the pain slowed him down during the jog. His right hand, used to quick weapons like daggers, was capable of killing the skeever with no big issues, giving Jaxx his dinner right there. Once the breton found the guts to turn around and find his enemies, to his amazement, he found none. The prisoners, once the rats came near them, were allowed to hunt with no big effort, and therefore got themselves a dinner for saving Jaxx's ass.

Thurayah shook her head in some disapproval when he returned, hinting that she could have watched the whole scene. "Hey, I brought dinner, didn't I?" Thurayah nodded and stretched a torch she had taken from the wall, offering help to cook his catch. After handing the fat mammal to his friend, Jaxx sat on his bedroll and awaited for the flesh to actually gain taste, as well as lose all its possible microbes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another night, another battle for Nyvis. "I must rest! I have to!" She would need to rest, innevitably. As she took off her armor, she tried to muster some courage to actually dive in her bed and let sleep take care of her. After a deep breath, she allowed her nude skin to touch the soft silk, and closed her eyes. Soon her dreams would drag her away from Drahonnal.

Once she opened her eyes, Nyvis would find herself in a familiar room. Dolls on shelves, small, but comfortable bed, a cup of tea half filled, always waiting on the bedside table and a large wooden wardrobe with roses carved on the wooden knobs. It was her room from her childhood. For the first time in a long time, Nyvis felt like she was actually having a pleasant dream.

One doll fell out of the shelf, rolling to under her bed. The thought about picking it up frightened Nyvis. Possibly Vaermina had hidden something horrific under it, waiting to charge at Nyvis to punish her mind cruelly. But it wasn't her choice whether she would go or not after the doll. Nyvis' eyes half closed as she knelt down and lifted the sheets to pick the doll up. She only opened them again after a few idle seconds on that position. Nothing happened. With a sigh of relief, Nyvis smiled and put the doll back on the shelf. But before she could turn around, all the dolls fell from their place. This time she figured out why they had fallen: the ground was shaking.

The furniture moved around the room, and the tea would soon be spilled on the ground, where Nyvis tried to remain on her feet with a lot of trouble, all thanks to the tremors. The earthquake would soon become powerful enough to form cracks on the walls and cause pieces of the blue ceiling to fall. The imperial rushed to open the door and walk down the familiar wooden stairs as they were quickly chewed by the tightening fissure below them.

The exit door was where it had always been, at the end of the corridor, next to the family portrait, in which Nyvis still hadn't her braid. Nyvis opened the door and noticed a new horror speechlessly. The house was everything there was. Outside the door, there was nothing but a dark abyss, a door to nothingness, the end of everything. Nyvis turned around again, to find another way out, just in time to see her house being torn apart by the mysterious force that crushed every room and every piece of furniture.

She was about to take a few steps towards the kitchen, but was stopped by a large hole, growing on the ground, flames coming from the inside. A skinny man, with rotten flesh was trying to crawl out of it. By looking at its green eyes, brown hair, funny looking goatee and unique ring in the right hand, Nyvis realized with shock that it was her dead father, raising again in front of her eyes. Failing to rid himself of the burden of the flames, the skinny man pointed at Nyvis. "Down here, there's still room for you!"

Nyvis was too frightened to reply, and was strong enough to jump above the hellish pit and dodging her father's claws. As she thought, she found her family portrait burning in the wall, completely away from her grasp, making the imperial powerless to save it.

A window was still in sight. Its glass was broken, but Nyvis would be able to avoid being crushed to death if she managed to go through. As the floor opened behind her, the jailmaster grabbed a plank above the window from the other side, placed a boot on the parapet, and proceeded to climb to the top of her former house. "See. Nyvis?" The same dying voice from all her nightmares whispered. "You're still a little girl. Powerless about the fate of anything, including yourself..."

Still ignoring her mysterious foe, Nyvis kept climbing the loosening planks, all the way to the iron roaster at the top of the roof, despite the taunts of the voice. "Getting tired yet?" "You're alone..." "No escape."

Finally, she was able of tangling her fingers around the pole that held the roaster proudly at the top of the house, looking around as all the planks flew in different directions, reducing her room every second. It didn't take long before all she had room for was her right foot, and not soon after, she would be falling into the abyss herself, unable of screaming, or breathing.

Nyvis fell in a familiar dusty location. A few glances around were enough to know. She was just outside of Drahonnal. "Stay down, whore!" An ebony armored man said, as he kicked her to the ground with his tough and cold boot. Him and another man grabbed her arms and dragged her all the way to a wooden cross, lying on the ground. They didn't waste any time to get four ebony made nails through her wrists, and then her feet. "Aaargh!" A paranoidically familiar voice silenced her. "Enough, slut! Its your fault that you are here, never defy Drahonnal!" Nyvis' dying brown eyes looked up, only to find another version of herself, with orange ones, staring at her, while she bled to death. Her other self's smile was both maddening and annoying, because of her being powerless to fight back. A familiar hole opened below her cross, and Nyvis fell once again.

During the fall, her cross and nails vanished in orange sparks, leaving behind only the wounds. Once she landed, tiredly, Nyvis looked around again, her eyes sad like an old dog's, expecting nothing but pain and fear. She was at the chopping block, in Solitude, on her knees, being watched by all the prisoners she had as guests in her prison, including the new bloods. Their voices were unanimous and clear. "Kill! Kill! Kill!" A cold boot behind her back forced Nyvis to put her neck resting on the block, as the prisoners demanded death at an increasingly quicker rhythm. Unsurprisingly, Nyvis' headsman was, by no other means, herself. Her other self. She wore her revealing set of executioner's armor and was preparing to chop her own head off. She raised her axe while the crowd was at blazes, and dropped it at full speed, killing herself off and thus ending the nightmare.

Nyvis had fallen from her bed when she woke up, tears falling down her eyes. After wiping them away, she stood up and put her armor back on. "I can't rest... There's no way!" She resigned. Having nothing better to do, Nyvis chose to go downstairs and see herself how the brave little elf was doing in the cross. Surprisingly, another person was there as well, turned to his corpse, tied to a pole. Being watched by the two regular guards that patrolled the fortress inside it. "The elf died quickly? I've had prisoners that took twelve days in a cross to die..." The guards snapped out of their conversation and looked a lot more serious in her presence once it was known. "Oh, good night boss! Erm... Yes, he is dead... Elves aren't exactly tough, Miss Nyvis." She then stood in front of the newest member of Drahonnal and asked. "And who is this?" The guards, not being them the ones who had caught her, didn't know, but they answered what they could. "Uhm... Targon and Sleyan said she and another man had broken the perimeter, and offered resistence." Nyvis lifted the girl's chin, thinking she was falling asleep, with two fingers. "Is this true? What's your name?"

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    However hard she tried, Raenya just couldn't fall asleep. The mental picture of the elf's crooked corpse was stuck in her head, and though her eyes were closed, she still saw the elf bright as day. The guards' conversation sounded muffled in the background; Raenya was attempting to block it out using the basic mental techniques her father had taught her. Then another voice was added to the conversation; a woman. This surprised Raenya; from the looks of this place, women were usually only here to be raped, used or murdered. Why was a woman ordering the guards about?

She glanced upwards slightly, paying more attention.
    "The elf died quickly? I've had prisoners that took twelve days on a cross to die..."
    "Oh, good night boss! Erm... Yes, he is dead... Elves aren't exactly tough, Miss Nyvis."
    You racist bastards. My father could have killed you all on his own, if you hadn't sneaked up on him like common thieves.
    "And who is this?" Raenya glanced upwards subtly, noticing the woman stood in front of her.
    "Uhm, Targon and Sleyan said she and another man had broken the perimeter, and offered resistance."
    The woman leaned down, putting two fingers under Raenya's chin and lifting it up to face her.
    "Is this true? What's your name?"
    You, Nyvis. Those guards, Targon and Sleyan. I will kill all three of you. I swear it by Stendarr, divine of justice, I will kill you.
    Raenya looked straight into Nyvis' eyes, gritting her teeth and spitting in her face violently. She continued to stare, her bottom jaw stuck out in a sign of anger, watching as Nyvis jerked back in disgust, wiping her face clean, then turning to slam her foot into Raenya's ankle. Raenya's scream echoed through the courtyard as the guards winced. She looked down at her ankle, seeing that thankfully, it wasn't quite broken.

"You got off lucky this time. What. Is. Your. Name. Tell me, or you'll get much, much worse than that."
    Raenya looked up, spitting out the words,
    "Raenya... Yanoski."
    "That's much better. Well, Raenya..." Nyvis spoke the name with a sense of disgust, as though the very name caused her discomfort. "Welcome to Drahonnal." She gave a sarcastic curtsy, smirking at Raenya before turning on her heel and walking away.

The guards stepped over to the young woman sat on the ground, weeping silent tears.
    "Stop yer cryin', bitch. Trust me, cryin' gets ya a lot worse than a snapped ankle." This was the second guard, the one that had been silent during Nyvis' visit.
    "It's not snapped."
    The guard backhanded her across the face, giving her a cut across her mouth, from top lip to bottom, that bled instantly.
    "Like that. Believe me, ya don't want Nyvis breathing down your neck for your whole time here. In fact, if ya don't learn some manners real quick-like, Nyvis might take it upon herself to literally breathe down your neck." He made a slicing motion across his throat, chuckling as he led the other guard away. Raenya gritted her teeth at them, spitting out blood, before letting her head roll to the side, recalling the three names before falling unconscious.

AirshipCircus

The Duct-Taped Jack of Hearts
    Imperial Camp - Haafingar / "Two, three, five years years ago? This one cannot remember."

"Get him!" "Hold him to the ground-grab the chains! GRAB THE CHAINS!" "Come on, gods-dammit!"

The bright sun burned in Ma'Nchitar's eyes with such fervor, you'd think it had waited all night for the opportunity to do so. He had woken up that morning in Haafingar to the face of an arrogant Imperial legate and five other soldiers unceremoniously dragging him out of bed by the chains around his arms and neck. He was too tired and had lost too much blood to fight back that day so he played along. They took him to the large, well-furnished tent of the elderly Imperial Commander heading the hunt for him and Ki'Haja in Skyrim. Once inside, Ma'Nchitar was shocked to see that this man looked different from the others, almost kind. The Khajiit had been met with nothing but beatings and jeering for the last three weeks; a friendly-looking face seemed like it would be a treasure these days. The Commander was unarmored, wearing instead a red tunic with the imperial symbol embossed on the left side of the chest. His hair was cut neatly, soldier style. For all intents and purposes he looked like an Imperial Commander. He surveyed the cat up and down, pulling on a chain here and there and grunting. Finally, he spoke in a gravelly voice.

"They weren't lying when they told me you were a big one." He turned to one of the guards behind Ma'Nchitar. "No ropes? He's completely chained?"

"Aye, sir." replied the guard. "We stopped using ropes for this one." The Commander nodded and looked at Ma'Nchitar's face.

"I'm assuming this is because-"

"-He kept breaking them, sir." The Commander smiled.

"Of course he did. Legate, take you're men and wait outside." The Legate was clearly surprised and attempted to protest, but the Commander waved it away before he could open his mouth. The men did as they were told, and Ma'Nchitar was left alone. The older man quietly stepped across the room to a desk on the side of the tent, retrieving a bottle the wooden surface. "They told me you've killed quite a bit of people." Ma'Nchitar was caught off guard, but did his best not to show it. He kept quiet, and the Commander retrieved two glasses from under the desk, pouring an equal amount of brandy into both from the bottle. "I'm not here to judge you. That was for the courts. Also, I know you're not going to give up your sister so I won't ask. I just want to talk with the famous Bear-Cat before he's sent off to mine ebony for what will more than likely be the rest of his days. Something to tell the grandchildren." He offered one of the glasses to Ma'Nchitar who promptly stepped over to the desk, picked up the bottle, and drank deeply from it's contents. The Commander laughed and sipped his glass of brandy. "By the Eight, you really are a pirate, aren't you?" Ma'Nchitar lowered the now empty bottle and regarded the Commander with his piercing yellow eyes.

"Ki'Haja..." The Commander raised his eyebrows.

"I'm assuming that's your sister? Your names all sound the same to me. We have yet to find her thus far. I suspect you had a hand in that." He was met with silence. The Commander nodded and continued, pointing at the bandages around Ma'Nchitar's side. "That would be from the sword that took you down in the jungle?" Ma'Nchitar nodded slowly. "Legion steel, not what it used to be, i'm afraid. You hunted twenty men down in the span of a week on that island. That's impressive." The cat looked up, but did not speak. The Commander nodded. "All I want is to talk, you know. This is the last time you'll get a chance to do that without swinging a pickaxe." Ma'Nchitar gripped the bottle in his hand.

"You seek stories for your grandchildren. Khajiit will do you this favor, if you would but do him one yourself." The Commander nodded and allowed him to continue. "Call off your Imperial dogs on Ki'Haja, and this one will tell you his life. Call it a favor for an old sinner."

"That's a tall order for someone with so little leverage." He thought about it for a moment. Ma'Nchitar was motionless, like a statue. A big, fluffy statue. "I can see you let up any other way. Fine. I'll have the orders sent tomorrow morning-"

"-You will have them sent now. Forgive Khajiit, but this one does not trust you. At all. Surely the Commander understands." The Imperial laughed and nodded, taking a slip of paper and scribbling several words down before calling in the Legate and handing him the sheet. The legate was taken aback when reading it.

"End the investigation, sir? But we already have one! Does he have something over you? What's going on-" The Commander rolled his eyes and cut the Legate off.

"-Legate Allectius you are questioning the orders of a superior officer and will be subject to punishment should you do so again. Do I make myself clear?" Disgusted, the Legate stormed out of the tent once again leaving the two alone. The Commander offered Ma'Nchitar a chair and they sat in silence for several seconds.

"Where should Ma'Nchitar start?" asked the Bear-Cat. The commander reached under his desk, and took out four more bottles of the same stuff labeled "Colovian Brandy". Ma'Nchitar smiled and put his feet up onto the Commander's desk with a loud *thump!*. "From the beginning, then." The Commander nodded, leaning back in his chair.

"From the beginning."

Road to Drahonnal

The bumpy carriage bearable, the constant whispering and muttering of of the Imperial guards around him telling stories was bearable (almost flattering), and even the wound in is side was bearable in comparison to that DAMN DRIVER'S SINGING. "Rognar the Red" over and over again, never ceasing and always off key. The Khajiit would have leaped onto him and torn out his throat if he weren't chained and injured. A particularly jaunty bump sent one of the Imperials too his right slamming into him from the side and Ma'Nchitar quickly shoved him back with enough force to make the entire carriage shake and creak. The soldier sitting in front of him, attempted to retaliate by grabbing the chain attached to the front of his metal collar and pulling it as hard as he could. The cat's head smashed into the wooden paneling with a yelp and he reeled back, looking the man in the eyes and roaring in fury.

"Quiet cat!" Legate Allectius, sitting next to the second soldier, kicked him in the chest and launched himself forward to take advantage of the howl of pain, wrapping his hands around his neck. With great effort, Ma'Nchitar shook the blood dripping down from his forehead into his eyes and shoved Allectius back with his foot. He chomped down hard, biting into flesh. Allectius screamed in agony. "My fingers! He ate two of my fingers!" Ma'Nchitar spit them out and attempted to launch himself at Allectius this time. The rest of the guards pushed him back, and his wound seared with pain before he could get close enough. They struggled, and the carriage started rocking even more violently than before. The driver had stopped singing and the two horses hitched on were whinnying and neighing in fear and confusion. They kept struggling back and forth, Ma'Nchitar forward, the Imperials pushing back, and Allectius cradling his bleeding hand and yelling all the vulgarities and insults he could think of. Outside, the carriage was entering the gates of Drahonnal. The horses began to speed up, and the carriage toppled over, sliding on the dirt and coming to a stop near the entrance to the main building.

Many of the guards training had stopped to take a look, and prisoners being beaten were taking a moment from agony to do the same thing. The carriage sat there, unmoving, quiet. Then the escape door on the top popped open with a loud *crunch* and out stepped five soldiers and a rather large Khajiit. All were bleeding from several gashes and cuts, yet all of them held their heads high as if this were simply planned-except the Legate of course, who was now whimpering in the carriage.

"What in the hell is this!?" A voice cut through the silent air like an Akaviri blade, and a scent entered Ma'Nchitar's nostrils that he would never forget. They were at the entrance now, and he looked down to see a face that he would come to loathe for years to come. The Imperials straightened like boards, and the air began to chill around him.

"The sp-pecial P-p-prisoner transport m-milady. The pirate from Elsweyr. Name, uh..." The soldier to Ma'Nchitar's right was stuttering like a boy at a ball, and clearly couldn't read Khajiit names. The "pirate" sighed, staring up at the building he'd be calling home for the next...well, he wasn't sure.

"Ma"

"Uh...Ma...Unshi-"

"cccch. Like gargling in the back of one's throat." The legate made a strange gargle that was close enough.

"itar. Ma-Inccch-Itar. Oh, hey it's not that-"

"Shut your gaping hole before you bring down the intelligence of anyone present further! Guards! Get this animal inside! And you!" She pointed at the Imperials with a stern finger. "Get that carriage running and get out of my prison." Everyone began milling about in panic and obedience, all except Ma'Nchitar who found himself being pushed along with no small effort by a pair of ebony coated guardsmen into the darkness of Drahonnal.

Drahonnal - Present Day

"Come on now you heavy sonova bitch... Time to take you back to general population. Heave!"

Ma'Nchitar's feet dragged on the cold floor, leaving a faint trail of red behind. His saliva mixed with the blood in his mouth and dripped out of his open maw. He was bruised, in serious pain. His eyes went in and out, catching glimpses of the ebony hands keeping him up and fading to black. During his time in the prison, Ma'Nchitar was beaten more times than he cared to remember. They must have been doing it to keep him in check, afraid of having to fight him on equal footing. Cowards.

"One day, this one will kill you... Khajiit will feast on your intestines and throw your skull into a ditch..." The guards laughed. Perhaps a bit nervously, but they were generally secure in the feeling that Ma'Nchitar was under control for the most part. That was fine... This one could wait...

"Oh come on you big kitty! Now that's just not nice..A bit o' new blood by the way, maybe you'll find a friend." The Khajiit growled, and the doors to General Population were opened wide. It took all the strength the guards had to throw him inside. "Look at that! Just in time for beddy-bye! Play nice, cat! Hahaha!". Ma'Nchitar stood as best he was able, towering above others even when he was hunched and regarding the room he had slept in every night for so long now. He half walked, half-crawled to his bedroll and collapsed. His breathing came heavily. He wiped the blood off his nose and spat on the ground.

"One day, this one will kill you. One day. Ugh, Dibella help Ma'Nchitar...

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Shadow had discovered her victims shiv sitting half obscured under her bedroll. She popped that inside her tunic top to join with the pouch she had discovered earlier. She was certain that the pouch contained these Lepids the women had told her about earlier. As she stood back up a quiet voice spoke behind her.

"An asset to have, that second shiv" Shadow turned to see the young Redguard man standing there, chewing on a piece of skeever meat. She eyed him as he took a further step towards her. "You will find in here, that there are other things that you will be able to use to your advantage"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Shadow glared at him "Did you just see what my friend and I did to that rapist there?" He held up his hands in defense.

"I didn't mean THAT." he tried to explain "I meant that your skills in dealing with that piece of scum, people have noticed. You and your friend. They are very interested. Me included"

"I'll keep that in mind" Shadow said and turned away back to her bedroll, dismissing the Redguard who shrugged and returned to his own. He watched her with interest and Shadow tried to ignore his piercing eyes. Just what is it that you want from me? I see you use for me, and maybe you want the same, but I do it on my terms, not yours. She watched other groups and their handling of the skeevers and followed suit. She pulled a torch off the wall while Carina skinned and cut up one of the rodents. They skewered pieces of the skeever meat onto their shivs and hung them over the torch, the meat soon sizzling and popping as it cooked. Shadow frowned at the skeever meat, then popped it into her mouth, it slid down her throat like an oily rag.

"Well, it's not the grossest thing I have eaten" she said to Carina as she skevered another portion onto her shiv. Just then a commotion at the entrance caused almost everyone to look up. A group of soldiers were escorting a largest Khajiit she had ever seen into the room. He stumbled over to a bedroll and fell onto it. Shadow could see he was badly injured. But she could also see under the blood and fur that he was strong and would certainly be an asset to befriend. Shadow took her meat of her shiv and moved over to the big cat cautiously. She knelt down beside him and waited until he noticed her. His big luminous eyes swung her way and she smiled.

"You look like you could do with some food in your belly friend" she whispered offering him the meat. She hoped he took her approach as one in friendship and nothing more.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Shadow was scavenging her bedroll for anything their victim may have dropped while Carina sat down and began to skin her skeever, doing a much cleaner job than she had with the last one.

Carina was exhausted, but not in a way that she felt sleepy. Sleep was not something she did much, but after today it didn't seem that farfetched. She had spent the last week in a bumpy, noisy wooden carriage, killed a man this morning, mined ebony all day, somewhat made a friend, then managed to kill another man. She would kill for some mead or skooma right now...perhaps someone should come up with a new expression for her situation.

"An asset to have, that second shiv," a Redguard man was standing over them, but Carina only glanced at him, then returned to what she was doing. She was not going to waste her time with a conversation of stating the obvious. It didn't take a genius to figure that out, Shadow hadn't picked the thing up to throw it away. Carina heard him take a step closer. "You will find in here, that there are other things that you will be able to use to your advantage."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Shadow seemed to have the talking covered. "Did you just see what my friend and I did to that rapist over there?"

"I didn't mean THAT. I meant your skills in dealing with that piece of scum, people have noticed," If I wanted to be secretive about it, I would have Carina thought, annoyed. "You and your friend. They are interested. Me included," he said. Then what the fl*ff do you want?

"I'll keep that in mind," Shadow dismissed him. Carina glanced up at Shadow, who was still glaring at the man. She then grabbed a torch while Carina finished cutting up the skeevers.

Shadow seemed to grimace at the thought of actually eating the stuff at first, which Carina could relate to. Skeevers were not exactly known for their flavorful meat. But Carina hadn't had a decent meal in quite a while, so she would take what she could get.

She quickly chewed and swallowed the first piece, then began cooking another. "Well, it's not the grossest thing I have eaten," Shadow said as she began to cook another piece as well.
    "I wish I could say this was the first time I've had to eat this stuff," Carina said, staring blankly at the torch flame.

At that moment a group of soldiers threw what seemed like a bear in to the room. When the "bear" tripped however, she could see that it was just a very large Khajiit. He was injured, most likely returning from some sort of Nyvis torture. Carina's mouth was full once again, so she could not comment on him.

Shadow, however, wasted very little time before making her way towards the cat. She took the piece of meat she had been cooking with her. Carina had no idea whether she should follow her or not. She did not want to seem clingy, and she really didn't think she had anything to say to the bear-man anyway, so she decided to stay and continue eating. But at the same time, she still didn't one-hundred percent trust Shadow, even after their little bonding experience. In a place like this, their really was only one person everyone cared about, and that was himself.

Carina stayed where she was, but she watched carefully as Shadow offered the injured Khajiit some of her food. Offer him all of your food you want, he ain't getting any of mine she thought, taking another bite of her slimy rodent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts