OOC 18+ Demons in the Dark

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Name: Ardus Carn

Race: Imperial

Age and Date of Birth: 36, 22nd of First Seed

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Class: Bounty Hunter.

Weapons: A hand and a half sword, a steel war axe, and a maine-gauche. Can also use the spikes on his boots, in an extreme situation.

Armour: Ardus wears dark grey leather armour, tempered to resist slashing blows, but still very flexible. This covers most of his body. On his shoulders, forearms, shins, and thighs, dark grey, almost black steel plate protects him. Wears a pair of black leather boots, with steel spike toes.

Combat Preference : Ardus is not a straight up and up warrior. He doesn't believe in such things as 'honourable combat.' When Ardus gets into a fight, he gets in it to win, and doesn't hold back until his targets are on the ground. He prefers to use his steel hand and a half sword, sometimes in tandem with his maine-gauche, but has no problems using his hands and feet to get the job done. He dislikes bows and sneaking, and is pretty much useless when it comes to ranged combat.

Character Appearance :His face is pale and gaunt with high cheekbones, and clean shaven, with several small scars. His eyes are steel grey, and hard as the blade of his sword. Some say they contain a deep seated hatred, and they would not be far wrong. His hair is cut short, black, and streaked with grey. Ardus is heavily muscled from years of training with various weaponry. His body is covered in scars, from numerous battles. The most notable of these scars is a starburst shaped scar, just over his heart, left by a crossbow bolt.

Personality: Ardus Carn is by no means a nice man. Though technically, he's a bounty hunter, his real title should be assassin. He enjoys the hunt as much as he enjoys the fight. He's cold and somewhat sadistic, drawing out his preys last moments before cutting them down. He doesn't believe in any type of deity. Over all, Ardus values gold. He'll work for the highest bidder, but once someone has secured his services, he is loyal. Or, at least as loyal as one like him can be. He doesn't put much stock in honour, and dislikes those that strive to see the best in people.

Dislikes:Honourable men, naivete, those who try to cheat him.

Quirks : Tends to bite the inside of his cheek when thinking.

Fears Include at least one. : Being helpless, useless.

Phobias: Drowning.

History :
    :Ardus was born in the capital of the Empire, the Imperial City. He never truly got on well with his family, and was seen as somewhat of a loner. He was obsessed with weapons, and often left his chores at home to train with the guard. Though he had the makings of a good guardsman, Ardus disliked having to follow orders. By the time he was eighteen, he'd become cold and distant. He left home, and worked as a blade for hire.

He relied on and trusted only himself. By the time he was twenty, Ardus had created quite a reputation for himself in Cyrodiil. Imperial lords were clamouring for his services, either to remove a nest of bandits, or a rival. His actions in the heartland of the Empire made him both many admirers, and many enemies.

When working a job, he was betrayed by the Imperial lord that had hired him. A squad of Imperial soldiers ambushed him, and one fired a crossbow bolt into his chest. The bolt nearly killed him. The Imperials left him for dead in the streets, where he was discovered by a Dunmer woman. The woman took care of him, and nursed him back to health, enduring Ardus' distrust stoically. When he recovered, he paid the woman a handsome sum of gold, and learned her name: Sevassa.

The Imperial lord was found later that month with the same bolt that had nearly killed Ardus lodged in his throat. Ardus, having grown fond of Sevassa in his own way, left Cyrodiil with her. They settled in Hammerfell, where Sevassa attempted to convince him there was more to life than killing. He didn't believe her, but he agreed to try, for her sake.

They lived like that for a short, sweet year, Ardus becoming a novice, though promising blacksmith. They married on the first of Suns' Dusk. Unfortunately, this happiness was not to be. Some of the enemies Ardus had made in Cyrodiil had finally tracked him to Hammerfell. They feared him, and so instead of striking at him, struck at Sevassa. Ardus returned home, to find her slaughtered like a common animal.

Ardus left Hammerfell harder and colder than ever. He spent months tracking down the men responsible. He found them. Hurt them. Eventually killed them. This feat earned him the nickname, the Wolf. For once he caught the trail of those he hunted, he never lost them. Though condemned to a criminals death in Cyrodiil, Ardus never feared for his life. For those that called for his death, there were at least twice that many who called for his services.

Dialogue color: This

Blackwhite1223

Name: Oren Stele

Race: Imperial

Age and Date of Birth: 28, 3rd of Suns' Height

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Class: Ranger

Weapons: Ashwood longbow, a steel longsword, and a small dagger.

Armour: Oren wears a mixture of leather and chainmail, which allows good protection against slashing and blunt attacks. It also allows flexibility and speed, compared to the heavier armour of most mercenaries and soldiers.

Combat Preference : Oren will almost always attempt to start a battle from a distance. His skill with a bow is, as most rangers, honed by years of training. If left with no other options, he will draw his sword, being fairly skilled with the blade. As an absolutely last measure, he has a short dagger.

Character Appearance : Oren is neither very tall, nor very bulky. He stands at (5'6"), and weighs about 150 lbs, outside of his armour. He has a short, dark beard, and hair that ends just past the base of his skull. He has deep green eyes, and fair skin. His arms and torso is marked with several scars, though he has no piercings or tattoos to speak of.

Personality : Oren is a kind but stern man. As a ranger, he takes his duty to help those in the wilds, whether they be lost or beset by bandits and monsters. He respects those who hold to the law, and uphold good ideals. However, he does not abide cruelty to others, even if done in the name of the greater good.

Likes: Quiet walks through the woods, fair minded individuals.

Dislikes: Cruelty, evil, destruction of nature, Stormcloaks.

Quirks: Cracks his knuckles when idle.

Fears
    Include at least one. : Werewolves, snakes.

Phobias: n/a

History :
    Oren was born in a small cottage, just short of the Jerall mountains. Both his mother and father were experienced rangers, who had long patrolled the forests and mountain passes of both Skyrim and Cyrodiil. Throughout his childhood, he learned how to hunt, forage, and track. When he was old enough, he began training with the blade and bow, becoming an excellent shot and average swordsman.

When the civil war broke out, the rangers in general, attempted to remain neutral. They had no real interest in supporting one side in the war or the other. Unfortunately, their comings and goings between the mountains raised suspicions, and both of Orens' parents were captured and executed as imperial spies.

Throughout this time, and continuing on through to the end of the war, Oren kept on with his parents' works, helping lost travelers, and slaying bandits and monsters that could be found in abundance. Eventually, the ranger heard news of a breton lord, returning to his ancestral homeland, and reclaiming it from the darkness that is rumored to have settled over it.

Dialogue color: This

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Well I was hoping for a couple more people, but we might as well start. I'll have the IC up tonight.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I can have a post up tonight. Apologies for not posting earlier.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Well, I was waiting for more intros, but i guess I should have lord Gravus and my two respond to those who have posted, and hope that everyone who hasn't yet gets their intros up soon.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I can hopefully post for Nurian tonight. I think @Drahkma has been absorbed with Thrawns Revenge/ICW in anticipation of 2.2 coming out sometime this year.

haafingar hell

I hope it's fine that I opted to introduce two of my three characters in the same post? I look forward to this getting off the ground!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts