Open 18+ Dead Man's Drink (Fall of the Dragonborn)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Chef Umaril

The usual forum RP rules apply here;
    1) NO Godmoding (Do NOT post the results of your actions
    2) No Meta-gaming, unless it is run by AND accepted by me
    3) Be respectful, and have fun
    4) Try to be as active as possible, twice a week at least, and give warning if something comes up
    4) Finally, although the label is 18+, be conservative about the amount of swearing, as well as details used. This isn't a sex-based RP, but I do believe there should be some freedom in descriptions of the carnage left behind.

Now that the ugly stuff is out of the way, let us be on with the recruitment and role playing. The CC for my character can be found here: http://skyrimforum.com/sf/entries/shallow-waters-cc.5282/

Shallow Waters had been traveling for almost four days from Markarth when he finally arrived at the village of Falkreath. A town centered around death wasn't the most welcoming, but it proved useful for laying low during the current circumstances of Skyrim. The three major factions have a been run out or killed off by the last Dragonborn about two to three years ago after his battles with Miraak and the Ebony Warrior. He became displeased with the state of the continent, and decided it was time to change things. Shallow Waters had friends who were now among the ranks of the Dragonborn's slaves, brought into a cult that now seeks to control all of Skyrim. Nobody seems to know where the Dragonborn is, but his grip is all too familiar now.

Shallow Waters walked into the Dead Man's Drink, ready to wash away the anger with a river of alcohol. "I need two flagons of Argonian Bloodwine, if you will," Waters orders as he drops a small pouch of gold on the counter. He then sits upon one of the stools as Valga begins to pour the drinks for the towering lizard. "A small price to pay for the trouble this country is in," he mutters before taking a sip from his first of many drinks for the evening. Many of the patrons at the bar were uncomfortable with his presence, even more so when added the fact he was obviously a traveling mercenary.

As he drank, Shallow Waters produced a small journal, inkwell and quill and scribbled quickly; '18 First Seed, 4E204 I've finally stopped in Falkreath for a drink, the weather is fairly calm for now, but it would seem that even the cultists following this "Dragonborn" are closing in on even the forest settlements of Skyrim. For now, it would seem things are safe.' He paused at the last sentence before closing his journal and returning the belongings to his pouch. He then took a large gulp from his first flagon before leaning back a bit in his stool and sighed heavily.

Torok

Ooc: I think I'll join this, but mind telling me a bit more about the plot?

Torok

Ooc: Ok, thanks. How do I make my own blog entry for that OCC thing?

Chef Umaril

OOC: Click on the blog tab, and on that page, there should be a smaller set of tabs, just click on the one that says 'create entry.'

Torok

Ooc: Ok, thanks. Tell me more about the plot. What about the Civil War? What happen with it?

Chef Umaril

OOC: The empire and Thalmor were run out of Skyrim, and the Stormcloaks killed off, except for Galmar Stone-Fist, who's gone into hiding with what remains of them.

Chef Umaril

OOC: That's fine, as there will be pockets of resistance from all factions, but the main forces have abandoned the province. At this point, those that remain are either sleepers or have gone off the grid, so to speak. I can still alter things as they come in, as I'm a very "seat of the pants" role player, so I really just have a general idea of what I want to start and end with. What comes between depends on the player(s) reactions. I would like for at least a couple more before going ahead with the actual game.

Torok

Ooc: Ok, so we wait for more people before we start?

Torok

Adelius entered the inn. Falkreath was such a gloomy place, perfect for those who have know what death truly means. It had been a year, one year since the Dragonborn's minions attacked the fort that he and his partner were stationed at... One year since he heard the final screams of the beloved Nord commander he fell in love with. Adelius was the only survivor in the attack... Why? Why couldn't he have gone to Sovngard or Atherius too? Why did he have to stay here on Nirn suffering under the tyranny of the man who was once called 'hero' and 'savior'? Why him? Do the gods know something he doesn't? Do they think that by leaving him here that he can do something to stop this?
    So many questions, never enough answers...
    He walked over to a table and sat down. He took his bag off and fumbled around in it for a bit before pulling out a tattered journal. He put the journal on the table and took out a piece of charcoal. He put his bag down, opened his journal to a clean page and began to write. He always liked to keep journals to jot his thoughts down, during this past year a journal helped him get his thoughts out instead of keeping it all in.
    "You want a drink?" Asked a wench that stood beside him.
    Adelius looked up at the scantly clad women. "No, ma'am." He said, politely.
    "Suit yourself." She said and walked away.
    Adelius went back to his scribing. He never really liked to drink, too much clouding of judgement. He shared a small pint of ale with his partner sometimes, oh how that man liked to drink when he celebrated something... He will avenge his partner's death as well as everyone else's! But what could he do? No matter how badly he wanted justice there was no way he could do this on his own. He knew there must be a pocket of resistance against the Dragonborn's forces, but how could he find them? If they're still around.

Chef Umaril

Shallow Waters perked his head up when he heard someone enter the tavern. He must have dozed off, as the regular patrons had begun to stream into the hall. There was one that he hadn't seen before, what looked like a Mage or like person. His equipment suggested he may have ties somewhere, but without any crests or particular crafting style, it would be nigh impossible to ascertain. The Argonian stood up from his seat and approached the unfamiliar character. Resting a hand on the man'a shoulder, he asked as coolly as possible, "what brings someone such as yourself to a place so surrounded by death?" He flashed a slight smile, hoping not to appear threatening. Shallow Waters needed help, and he knew it. This man was the first person who looked like he may actually have something to gain from it.

Torok

Adelius looked up from his journal and saw the Argonian. "It's a fitting place to be when one has lost so much and lost someone so dear to him. Arkay's presence is strong here, perhaps the god of birth, death and seasons will bring some comfort to a broken heart." He said, looking down at his hand, he had a bond of matrimony on his ring finger. He had been married to his partner for at least 11 months before... He was taken so fast...

Chef Umaril

"I understand, friend, I lost a good friend of mine as well, we were raised since the time of our hatching," Shallow Waters responded. He took a seat across the table from the man. "Tell me, what is your name? The people I meet call me Shallow Waters," he introduced himself, out stretching a hand, "we have common ground, and although it's none of my business to ask, who might be responsible for the passing of your loved one?"

Torok

"My name is Adelius." He shook the Argonian's hand. "It was the Dragonborn's people. Me and my partner were in charge of an Imperial fort in the Pale... Only I survived the attack..."

Chef Umaril

"That's unfortunate to hear," Shallow Waters laments, "although I held no particular interest with the civil war in this province, I will still need help if we are to achieve a common goal." He retrieves a piece of charcoal and paper, scrawling rather hastily before passing it to Adelius. The note reads: I wish to gather a group of like-minded travelers to take down the Dragonborn, your past or your affiliation matter not. What matters is stopping this menace.

Torok

Adelius reads the paper, looks back at Shallow Waters and nods.

Chef Umaril

Shallow Waters stretches a bit in his seat, before leaning to tap a waitress on her shoulder. "Excuse me ma'am, but could I trouble you for a couple loaves of bread for myself and friend here?" He asks, flashing a handful of coin. The woman smiles momentarily before taking his money and proceeding to the bar to retrieve the food. Shallow Waters turns back to Adelius, saying, "you must be careful of whom you trust these days, as you never know who may be willing to stab you in the back."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts