• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Current Story:
    Edenfall: Annihilation

Basic Information:
    This is a dark and gritty, generally high fantasy RP which takes place in the custom world setting of Fiáin. Not all of the information of this world has been set in stone as of yet and thus we will be doing lots of improvising, but the primarily focus of the RP is the conflict with god-beings typically referred to as Aspects who seek to wipe the world clean of all life and start again with a new world. They have done this before and they plan to do it again. We are going to, for starters, try to survive and hopefully find a way to win.

The level of technology ranges from basic tribals elements such as spears and blow darts all the way up to magically based and fueled pseudo technology (think guns based on magic rather than gunpowder, and even elements of steam punk). It mostly depends on the region of the world you happen to find yourself in, but swords, shields, and suits of armor are the general norm.

53 hour days broken up amongst four celestial bodies with 3 day weeks and 8 week months over four seasons. 8 months, 2 to a season.

You may choose almost any race you wish, though I'd prefer you avoided copyrighted or outlandish material such as directly using a race from Mass Effect. Draconics, Shadoxen, Angelics, and Demonics are four custom races of my own design. Ask me for more details if you are interested. I will eventually get around to adding more information about them, but they will be put on the back burner here unless someone directly asks about one.

Cast:
    Gidian the Diva as Tracker Jack
    SeanuReaves as
    Lil' Sqeagles as
    Grapefruit as

Rules:

PLEASE PROVIDE A WRITING SAMPLE IF YOU'RE NAME ISN'T IN THE CAST LIST AND WE HAVE NOT HAD A HISTORY OF RPING TOGETHER

Standard RP and forum rules apply. No god modding, no disrespecting fellow RPers, etc. This will be an 18+RP, but that said keep mature themes within reason. We're not writing smut. I will have the final say in any internal disputes, but I will observe a democracy unless it becomes necessary for me to take charge. While I expect posts somewhat regularly (I plan to maintain quite a fast pace for as long as I can), I will be lenient and give you time as long as you are active or give some kind of warning in the OOC. I reserve the power and the right to deal with an inactive character in any manner I choose so long as it is not disrespectful. The story WILL go on without you if it has to.

More information will be added as I have time to write it. I ENCOURAGE you to ask questions. Questions give me direction and help focus the information that is important for me to convey.

Last edited:

Staff member
    General Information

Name: Tracker Jack (originally Gillvurí)
    Race: Human
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Laterality: Right-handed
    Age in Fiáin Years: 9
    Age in Earth Years: 19
    Apparent Age: 19
    Birthplace: Cinder Plane of the West
    Properties: None
    Connections: A well renowned warrior family
    Class: Hunter/Stalker
    Afflictions: a slowly deteriorating mental condition
    Likes: Hunting, fighting, challenge, irritating, jabbing, playing tricks, and generally having fun at another's expense, talking*
    Dislikes: Silence*, shadows*, water, magic, things that are easy (like you Sean), inactivity
    *Unless Hunting
    Aspirations: To protect his sister, to escape the shadow cast by his family, and to be remembered. In that order.
    Fears: Losing his sister, unnatural shadows, water which he can't see the bottom of, helplessness
    Habits: tapping, almost constantly moving unless occupied with something (like hunting)

Appearance

Height: 5'9"
    Weight: roughly 150-160 Ibs.
    Build: Athletic and more on the lean side
    Skin Color: Light Caucasian
    Eye Color: Dark Brown (practically black)
    Hair Color: Dark Brown (practically black)
    Facial Hair: Roughly shaven
    Scars: Only a few here and there from hunting accidents and other minor mishaps
    Tattoos: None
    Other Distinguishing Marks: a few birth marks

Gear

Armor:
    Basic leathers and furs, with a mottled cloak to help blend in and muffled boots to reduce noise.

Weapons:
    Longbow and arrows, with one long knife and one throwing knife, a hatchet (more for survival), and a proper two handed axe made for combat

Casual attire:
    Generally earthy colored shirt and pants, but always with his cloak and his boots.

Skills

Combat:
    He is Very Proficient with archery and stealth
    He is Proficient with one handed and unarmed
    He is Okay with light armor and blocking
    He is Poor with beast riding and heavy armor
    He is Very Poor with magic of any form

Survival:
    He is Proficient with tracking and trapping
    He is Okay with foraging and climbing
    He is Poor with crafting and first aid
    He is Very Poor with alchemy and brewing

Academia:
    He is Poor with reading and writing
    He is Very Poor with mathematics and foreign language

Personality:
    He is Okay with taunting and lying
    He is Poor with sensing motives and intimidating
    He is Very Poor with diplomacy in general

History/Backstory

To make a long story short, he had a hard life and didn't get along well with his family. Due to his worsening condition, his parents began to fear for him and his siblings. His sister eventually convinced him that leaving was the best option, and so he took a false name and they set out on their own without looking back.

Last edited:

Staff member
    Hmmm. How do we want to handle the skill system...

Staff member
    I'm thinking a 5, 4, 3, 2 system in which you get to go up from very poor in each category by that amount, two skills per section.

Staff member
    I was just thinking archetypes, and then one or two skills they've picked up (negotiation, medicine, etc.).
    Hmmm. Would you mind doing that in your CC so that I can see how it's going to look and all? We could just each do our own system, as long as it is balanced and coherent and we all know what's going on.

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
    Name: Lachlan “Rhud” Calvio

Race: Human

Sexuality: Straight

Laterality: Right

Age (Earth): 36

Age (Fiáin): 18

Birthplace: Unknown

Connections: Maitiu “Pleasant” Colvus

Class: Archer

Habits: Clicking his tongue

Fears: Men with boobs, as he feels it signifies cannibalistic tendencies

Appearance:

Height – 5’9”

Weight – 150 lbs

Build – Slight

Skin Color – Lightly tanned

Eye Color – Moss green

Hair Color – Reddish-brown

Equipment:

A compound bow sporting a crystal riser, and tips where magic connects the two on command, creating a powerful, temporary string. A magical quiver generates crystalline arrows, formed by magic. One charge allows Rhud to fire two dozen arrows before the energy depletes, and requires another mystical crystal. Should opponents get too close, the bow can fold into a bracer, while the grip becomes the home for a magical blade, spearing out from his knuckles.

Essentially Linwe’s armor from Skyrim, minus the hood, and with added protection on the elbows and upper arms. While nothing is special about the majority of Rhud’s attire, his boots are enchanted to allow him to climb very easily, almost allowing him to run straight up walls more than twenty feet high. Additionally, a number of pouches on his person hold several crystals, allowing Rhud to recharge his quiver up to six times without acquiring more crystals (total 168 arrows).

Aside from his personal equipment, Rhud owns a large horned beetle that acts as a mount, affectionately referred to as Bentley.

Skills:

Combat - Proficient with a bow and hand-to-hand combat, capable of using a dirk, useless with most other weapons

Survival - Proficient at hunting and taking down large prey, and beast riding, capable of providing basic first aid provided he has the materials, can only find and acquire basic herbs in the wild

Academics - Proficient at reading and capable when it comes to basic math

Personality - Proficient at lying and extortion, capable of intimidation, terrible at witticisms or sensing motives

History:

(Work in progress)

Text Color: This.

Last edited:

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    What is a Draconic?

Staff member

Staff member
    They're essentially Argonians. But they live for thousands of years (if I remember correctly), and get progressively larger. And after a few hundred years, they're more like dragons than Argonians. The largest is the size of a mountain range, and is looked at like it's a god.
    This is a better way of putting it. And more doable than what my thoughts of grandeur were imagining. :oops:

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
    Well, what did you want it to be? Because I was just relaying information you told me back when I was asking about them. I remember you saying the oldest is like a god of war to most, and is several thousand years old. You also said they get larger, so I figured it would be getting larger as well, but at a slower pace.

Staff member
    Well, what did you want it to be? Because I was just relaying information you told me back when I was asking about them. I remember you saying the oldest is like a god of war to most, and is several thousand years old. You also said they get larger, so I figured it would be getting larger as well, but at a slower pace.
    Don't worry bout it, you nailed it (in the great words of our favorite lizard).

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Ok. I'd rather not RP something like that.

I'm super confused with the whole Earth Age/Fiáian Age thing. What's the difference?

That and you mentioned a "Cinder Plane to the West." Is that...a hold or a city?

And what's this Miatiu Colvus thing/person Nuro mentioned?

Staff member
    Ok. I'd rather not RP something like that.

I'm super confused with the whole Earth Age/Fiáian Age thing. What's the difference?

That and you mentioned a "Cinder Plane to the West." Is that...a hold or a city?

And what's this Miatiu Colvus thing/person Nuro mentioned?
    We're still deciding on the length of days on Fiáin. So far I am leaning towards a 53 hour day, but for simplicity's sake were going with a rough 1/2 assumption.

The Cinder Plane of the West is the site of a battle. It is miles and miles of land burned and destroyed so thoroughly that it is a plane of ash which still burns hot in several places from the fire that scorched it.

That's best left to @Grapefruit to explain.

Staff member
    And yes, there is more than one Cinder Plane. They are primarily the result of when the Draconic King Vinx and the Aspect of War clash.