10 things about yourself

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
1. I like turtles.
2. I like turtles.
3. I like turtles.
4. I like turtles.
5. I like turtles.
6. I like turtles.
7. I like turtles.
8. I like turtles.
10. I like turtles.

Okay, seriously:

1. I have a thing for brunettes.
2. I am scared of bees, drowning, and big dogs (like full-grown German Shepherds).
3. I cry at Old Yeller and Toy Story 3
4. My Skyrim character is a really f***fed up guy.
5. Other than TES, my favorite game series is Halo.
6. I wet my bed a couple of days ago. :oops:
7. My favorite food is Lasagna
8. I hate Mondays. No, I am NOT Garfield. :3
9. I once had a dream where I did Tali from Mass Effect. :/ Enjoyable, yet kinda creepy.
10. Yao Ming is my favorite meme.

1. I used to be a stoner
2. my first name is Skylar
3. I have a thing for un-American women..
4. due to my previous job in the military my hearing is completely shot
5. I have been in the military since I turned 17
6. I was in jail for 3 years as a juvenile
7. I am currently going to college for law enforcement
8. I have sleep problems caused from my first (and only thank god) round to Iraq
9. I have no tatoos
10. I got divorced while I was overseas in Africa because some people don't know how to keep their pants on...(not me)
I feel like the most boring person in the world now. Thanks.

WizK

1. I make youtube videos
2. I'm 14
3. I LOVE hockey
4. I'm not a girl, jesus.
5. I haven't played Skyrim long
6. My favorite rapper is Wiz Khalifa
7. I'm starting to do/learn photoshopping with CS5.
8. Skipping eight, it's just two circles ._.
9. I play Xbox 360 now -- use to play runescape D; gross
10. I have no idea who the person is in my profile picture/avatar, so don't ask D:

Ragnar

The Red One
1. I make youtube videos
2. I'm 14
3. I LOVE hockey
4. I'm not a girl, jesus.
5. I haven't played Skyrim long
6. My favorite rapper is Wiz Khalifa
7. I'm starting to do/learn photoshopping with CS5.
8. Skipping eight, it's just two circles ._.
9. I play Xbox 360 now -- use to play runescape D; gross
10. I have no idea who the person is in my profile picture/avatar, so don't ask D:

What kind of YouTube videos do you make?
Yeah, I've recently started Skyrim too. It may have something to do with the fact that I've only recently purchased a 360.
And I can't help but ask... who's in your profile picture!? :p

MaiqTheLiar

Hmm, 10 things about M'aiq...

M'aiq might be a liar.
M'aiq is fast.
M'aiq is always prepared.
M'aiq is believed to be the ringleader of the underground Skooma trade.
M'aiq has a sweetroll, but you'll never find where it is unless he shows you.
M'aiq is spontaneous.
Shors bone, M'aiq the liar in Falkreath.
M'aiq is upset a Dragonborn Khajiit can enter Whiterun, but he can not.
M'aiq does not like mud crabs.
M'aiq wants what's coming to him. What's coming to M'aiq you ask?

Tamriel, chico, and everything in it.

Train

Is that all you got?!
9. I once had a dream where I did Tali from Mass Effect. :/

Wait...you've dreamed about knocking boots with a strange alien who has crazy toes and wears a breath mask? What exactly were you doing before you went to sleep? o_O

Wait...you've dreamed about knocking boots with a strange alien who has crazy toes and wears a breath mask? What exactly were you doing before you went to sleep? o_O
You haven't seen her unmasked ;)

Here you go:

Seth

The Skrimmer
1. I hate spiders.
2. I love zombies.
3. I try to avoid pet shops, Cause I always have to leave with a new pet :oops:
4. I believe there is other life in the universe.
5. I love punk/ska/metal/hiphop.
6. I once had a mohawk, My dad hated it.
7. I've been with my girlfriend for 8 years.
8. I'm running out of things to say.
9. I have terrible short term memory.
10. Thank god this is over. :D

Karein

Art student and slightly obsessive tea drinker.
Why not? Procrastination at its finest.

1. I am the oldest child of 8, and it goes girl - boy all the way down in order :)
2. I've lived in Sydney my whole life and only just went overseas for the first time this year to Vanuatu and New Caledonia.
3. I'm completely obsessed with the technicality of drawing, and have been known to tackle extremly complicated work which can take anywhere from a few hours to 50 + Case and point -
commit_by_kareinlee-d4vlhe1.jpg

That work is A1 size (The second largest standard paper size you can get) and took between 40 and 50 hours of work.
4. I find stupid pictures like the one above incredibly meditative to do.
5. I will not leave the house without a moleskine sketchbook and a pen. I draw at the most inappropriate times.
6. I'm studying to be an art teacher.
7. My taste in music varies rediculously. I listen to soundtracks, heavy metal, Tom Waits, music from the 40s and 50s, classical and Indie. If it's not mainstream, I like it :p
8. My youngest sister (who is apparantly a double of me) and I have the same sort of scar in the same place which is kind of creepy. I was hit above the left eye with a flying metal dogs dish when I was young, and she fell on a trampoline.
9. I fell through the middle of a trampoline when I was 5 years old.
and 10. It takes me an hour and a half to get to and from university each day. I have discovered I loathe public transport, as I live in the middle of a suburb filled with bogans. For those who are unsure of what a bogan is, here's a rather interesting clip -

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Okay, I hope I can come up with 10.

1. I was born and raised in Hawaii (a mix of Irish, Hawaiian, Chinese, and Portuguese), but I now live in Seattle, WA, USA.
2. I fell out of an uncle's car at about age eight while leaning on the door when he always said not to. It was a pretty old car. Miraculously, I was unhurt on account of tumbling right in front of the fire station right across of our lane. At least four firemen came to my aid, as I watched the car keep driving away through tear-stained eyes. Got to play on the fire trucks until my uncle, mom and older brother realized I was no longer in the car. Took 'em about six blocks. Thanks guys!
3. I enjoy watching motorcycle racing.
4. My pride and joy is my Suzuki GSX-R750, on the back of which took me and my wife down to Monterey, CA along with five other motocyclists back in 2000, to watch the World Superbike round at Laguna Seca Raceway. A round trip of just over 2,500 miles.
5. I enjoy scale modelling as a hobby, when I'm not glued to the 360 (see what I did there? Glued? Scale modelling? Sheesh, tough room). I usually work on motorcycles (go figure) rally cars, and Le Mans style race cars.
6. I absolutely love ice hockey, especially during this time of the year as the chase for the Stanley Cup is on. Sadly, my favorite team, the Philadelphia Flyers have been eliminated from contention. :sadface::mad::sadface::mad:
7. I have a weakness for all India Pale Ales.
8. I have a weakness for brunettes, as my wife is a brunette so that'll always be the right answer.
9. I love to quote favorite lines from favorite movies, hence the tag line below my username.
10. I've stuttered since the third grade and still do now, just not as bad. Also wrote a thesis about my stutter, so I have a Master's degree because of or in spite of said stutter.

dunklunk

You know, I think putting "don't ask why" is just setting yourself up for questions ;)

I suppose I'll try to come up with 10 things... Hm.

1. I've moved a LOT. I've lived in Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Minnesota, Hawaii, Washington state, Nova Scotia and California (northern and southern).

2. The longest road trip I've taken was driving from San Diego, California to Halifax, Nova Scotia (about 3,700 miles).

3. I only have about 15% of my ability to hear. And only in one ear.

4. I was a bouncer in a bar.

5. I'm 6' tall.

6. I originally went to college to study medicine and it is still one of my passions though I never got to finish that degree.

7. I'm an artist and healer at heart, though I don't get to practice much of either anymore.

8. My grandpa is a real life hero.

9. My mom died when she was 35 of brain cancer.

10. I have a menagerie of pets. Almost all are rescues. I have actually performed CPR on a cat who went on to live 10 more years.

And yes, you may ask ;)

You got me, Rayven. What did you do for the CPR kitty? Other than give it CPR, of course. See, we have two felines and it might be good to know.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
You got me, Rayven. What did you do for the CPR kitty? Other than give it CPR, of course. See, we have two felines and it might be good to know.

And enormous amount of simple supportive care. He had brain damage from lack of oxygen. He was also blind but it was due to the nerve issues, not his actual eyeballs being damaged. Initially, he couldn't walk. I thought he was paralyzed but he loosened up after we got him on oxygen therapy and fluids.

As the brain heals, it tends to throw seizures so we kept him on anti-seizure meds for over a year to prevent further damage. He regained some vision but always had a problem with depth perception. He was terrified of being left alone so we stayed with him. He slept in a playpen so he didn't get hurt in the night and I had to hand feed him for a few months. I did massage and basic physical therapy stretches and strengthening exercises to try and keep his muscle tone up. After 2 months, he was walking on his own, so I started taking him for walks on the leash outside.

It took a couple years to consider him fully recovered as good as he was going to get but he seemed happy, he played and was able to do regular cat things. He needed help grooming.

At the age of 12, he seemed to suffer some sort of stroke. They gave up on him again and I asked for IV fluids so I could take him home and keep him comfortable. I brought him back into the vet on his leash a week later.

He ended up finally passing away about a year later, peacefully in his sleep at home.

dunklunk

Nice. He obviously died a happy kitty. I'm glad I asked. <3

Does your 15% of hearing have anything to do with your previous job as a bouncer?
What's the story on your grandpa?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Nice. He obviously died a happy kitty. I'm glad I asked. <3

Does your 15% of hearing have anything to do with your previous job as a bouncer?
What's the story on your grandpa?

The hearing was gone much earlier, alas. But needless to say, my ability to lip read came in handy in a loud obnoxious bar ;)

Grandpa enlisted in the army in WWII and was a tank driver. The tank got hit by a mortar and he was the only survivor. After recuperating in the UK for a brief stint, they put him back in. He finally got out with 2 purple hearts. When he got back to the US, he was so afraid of fire (as one might expect). So he did what anyone would do... he became a fireman.

He retired 33 years later from the department. He resuscitated numerous infants, children and pets but to this day, has no idea how to resuscitate an adult because he never had to. When I call him hero, he says "the heroes are buried over there (in Europe)".

dunklunk

Again, nice. Sounds like something a hero would say. My Dad would say something similar about his time in Korea and Vietnam. Again, I'm glad I asked. <3

Best quit while I'm ahead, huh? :)

Monopoly

Gypsy Panther
I have nothing better to do right now, so why not fill out this

1. I am terrified of seagulls. Best part about it? I live right next to a huge seagull nest.
2. I love horses. I used to compete in riding and everything. Now I haven't been on one in years.
3. Dropped out of university last year. Been unemployed ever since.
4. I dye my hair a lot. Like, once a month. Can't stand to keep the same colour too long. I favour red hair though.
5. I've been with my husband since I was 15.
6. Short men seem to love me for some reason. If I get hit on, it's by someone that's like 5'4.
7. Grew up in a family of artists and musicians, yet I have zero artistic abilities myself.
8. I love (watching) MMA. I have pretty much abandoned all other sports for that.
9. I'm an insomniac.
10. I always walk into things. And I bruise easily. So my legs are always black and blue.

God that was hard. I suppose these "interesting" things will have to do.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts