єpíc, crєєpч, αnd σthєrwísє rαndσm mσmєnts ín skчrím

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wolfie

We've all had our share of scary, awesome, and funny moments in Skyrim. I'm sure of it. This is just another one of those threads dedicated to those special moments! For me:

I had just downloaded a ton of new mods(one of which was SkyrimLive), and was in the tutorial (for the bazillionth time - boring!) and it was about two seconds before Hadvar summons me forward. I see the Imperial archers unsheathing their bows, and other various NPCs muttering incoherently, in a vaguely hostile way. The guy that was hanging out on the porch on the right of the player suddenly unsheaths his sword(that hadn't been there previously!?!), runs at Hadvar, and proceeds to slash at him, whilst screaming in a very hostile manner, his forehead wrinkled in frustration and anger. Everyone begins to shout like they do if someone attacks a child, but nobody defends Hadvar. Not even Hadvar defended himself! Instead, he ignores the creep and talks to me choppily - and he gives the guy (Vilod I think!) the most UGLY, pissed-off look. But he doesn't do anything against him! When I make my character and everything freezes, I noticed that the attacker's expression was hilarious - and even more so was his little battle posture. Gotta love Skyrim! So, afterwards, I'm being led to the execution area. Imperial soldiers are running like loose kittens (sorry but it fits!) everywhere. The Imperial commander woman yells out something .. and then everybody sheaths their swords.
There's my #1 don't-get-that-mod-ever-again-you-dumb**s moment.

As for #2 ... I'm walking down to that bandit-controlled bridge area with my sword unsheathed, just trotting down the road as usual. All of a sudden, three glitching elk pop up right in front of my face! One goes right, into the wilderness and away from the river. The second goes left to the river and over the rocks, and the third nearly bowls me over, it's eyes huge and dead-looking. Now, usually I'd try and kill them. But they had popped up so suddenly that I didn't have time to do anything. Now, all of a sudden, I hear the 'Ouurrrh!' sound of an elk dying. I look over in alarm to my left, where the second elk went to the rocks and the river. And I see that very same elk bouncing from the rocks into the air, where it rather gracefully falls into the river with an annoying 'plop' and proceeds to lay there, still and shivering every now and then.

And then you have the occassional awkward moment where you're sneaking (or not) and you wheel around to see Lydia right in your face. "Holy s**t. ... Lydia!!" lol

And THEN I also have moments when I'm undetected while sneaking ... and a hagraven or something of the like is staring RIGHT AT ME. SCARY a** moments like that make your heart hammer!

Anyways. What about you guys?

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
And then you have the occassional awkward moment where you're sneaking (or not) and you wheel around to see Lydia right in your face. "Holy s**t. ... Lydia!!" lol
This. So many times, lol.

I guess another would be the first time I ever got eaten by a dragon, and seeing Barbas do the normal walking motion, but instead of him going forward he just stayed in the same position and went up with every step. Then he teleported behind me when he got stuck.
I've had lots of other creepy ones like in dungeons with draugrs sneaking up on me, but none are super noteworthy or comparable to what you listed, lol :3

Muart

Fus.. RO DAH!
Ahaha, I had a great one that just happened about 3 days ago. I'm creeping in a vampiric dungeon, and I hear some footsteps. Hmm, I'm muffled.. Maybe it was Jenassa? I turn around, and she's nowhere to be seen. Look up... She's standin on the ceiling. I don't know if that was a bug or a glitch or what but... :p

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
I had a scary one the otherday. I was coming out of Lakeview Manor, had the volume up kinda high and all I hear is breathing heavy, I actually thought it was in the room. I physically turn around to see if anyone was in my room *Paranoid I know* :) Then I turn around in the game and a freakin' massive giant is there just about to attack. That was the last thing I expected.

Torok

I am taking religion way to seriously in my game. First I have two Thalmor that go about killing Talos worshippers, then I play as the Mane and have him worship the eight (or the ten.) every chance he got (I even had him praying in his tent that he pitched.). Now I have a dark elf Deadra worshipper whose follower is a Daedra, he's just returned to Morrowind and the first thing I had him do was go into the temple and learn about the tribunal and then pray to the tribunal and leave offerings of wine, gems and jewelry at the altars.

Twiffle

I think the scariest moment we all have is when we first get the game and do Bleak Falls Barrow, its the moment when the coffin lid pops off, still gets me today, , :cool:

Chadonraz

SPOILERS for Dragonborn and Dawnguard!

The first time the two Cultists tracked me down. I totally was not prepared to have them attempt to "tear out my heart"! :eek: It also took an insanely long time (considering it was on Novice) time to kill them, even with the two "Imperial Soldiers"'(I was in Dragon Bridge) help.

And then the Dawnguard Orc (can't remember his name) stalked me in Solitude not five minutes later. ._.

So yeah, I didn't get to a particularly good start with either of the new questlines. :p

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
The creepiest moment for me in Skyrim would be when I was playing as a Dark Brotherhood assassin (A Nord character with high sneak level). In the quest where you have to stalk on Cicero , I hid in the ____________'s coffin :). Turned around and actually witnessed the creepy face of the ___________. It almost made me do pee in my pants :p.

Tyer032392

The most funny moment I had in Skyrim was when I found Barbas, and he was the only thing that actually had any idea that he was actually a video game character.

Wolfie

Haha I know...those dumb NPCs. Barbus was different.
I just had one...in the beginning after the tutorial where the wolves ambush you...I killed them, but as I sheathed my sword a third popped out and scared the s**t out of me...hahaha i nearly Jumped out of my skin.

(On iPhone)

Zahn

Matron of Twilight
SPOILERS for Dragonborn and Dawnguard!

The first time the two Cultists tracked me down. I totally was not prepared to have them attempt to "tear out my heart"! :eek: It also took an insanely long time (considering it was on Novice) time to kill them, even with the two "Imperial Soldiers"'(I was in Dragon Bridge) help.

And then the Dawnguard Orc (can't remember his name) stalked me in Solitude not five minutes later. ._.

So yeah, I didn't get to a particularly good start with either of the new questlines. :p

I got one for you. I got all three DLC a while ago, but up until last week had only played any of it with one character. The other day I decided to load up an older character to continue that game for a bit. The last place I had left off with that character was just inside the gates of Windhelm.

I started the game, and was thinking while it was loading, to simply drop some things off at Hjerim and then head out for Solitude to take out the Emperor. All at ONE TIME and within moments, the cultists attacked (Dragonborn)as did the vampires (Dawnguard), and a dragon decided to attack the city oh yeah and the messenger (Hearthfire) joined the mix as well! It was chaos!

Guards were attacking the attackers, the hostiles attacking me and the guards, the dragon attacking everyone! At that moment, I was thinking, "I just wanted to lower my carry weight!" At the end of the fight (ugly to say the least) I found Torbjorn Shatter-Shield's body laying on the ground. I'm not sure why, but in that moment, I was rather sad. I actually said aloud, "oh no.. not Torbjorn." -- This game really sucks me in sometimes --

I have other "omg what just happened?" (some funny some stunning) moments. But none tops that one. I actually had to just go home to Hjerim drop off my stuff and save/quit the game for the night. A part of me somewhere actually was sorry to see Torbjorn like that, it just wasn't right.

ShangTsung

omg had too many of these to count, most recent one- i was clearing out a cave infested with black mages, killed every last one then had to go all the way back to exit due to door switch glitching up, on my way back i turned a corner and one i thought i'd missed was right in my face! scared the piss out of me and as i was blasting away i noticed the prick wasn't dying, which freaked me out even more, when i finally stopped my fireball barrage i noticed he wasn't attacking, walked up to him and noticed he was doing this super slow motion walk in place animation, was totally invulnerable to any attacks, and could even be looted.. i've encountered the moon walk glitch before but this was somehow more creepy.

Jarrad

Doing the first real Thieves Guild quest, the one where you have to burn down the bee hives.
Im sneaking around the back of the house and suddenly I get spotted... not sure what from though I continue, next thing I hear, "We're here to teach you a lesson".
However the hell unrelated Hired Mercs got onto that Island and knew exactly where id be is beyond me, ofcourse my fighting allerted the other Mercs on the Island, so I ran, threw some flame around and pissed Brynolf and Maven right off since there was no remaing hives... ohwell.

The Dwemer ruin from the main quest, where you find the mutilated corpses of the excavation members. Not knowing what happened to them, finding the dwemer machines, the falmer. It's a deliciously scary experience.

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
Hahaha!

I had one last night where I had some Dawnguard attacking me (I'm a vampire) then and Elder dragon came down and a damn Sabre cat.... All in the mix a few of the guards decided to try and help me, but in my panic I accidentally killed one of them so then I had ALL the guards, townspeople, The Dragon, The Dawnguard and the freakin' cat attacking me. It was not a fun time. Then in the aftermath I realised that I'd killed someone needed for a quest I have.... So I had to re-load.... God damn.

Chadonraz

I am currently in the middle of a true WTF experience. An elk (that actually ran all the way along the road from Whiterun to Markarth) decided to go up the stairs leading to Markarth's front doors, and then proceeded to start wandering "inside" the walls, going up and down stairs, and occasionally getting stuck (because of a guard blocking its path) and having to do a 180. I've been following it around "in" the walls for a couple minutes now, and it still shows no sign of leaving.
I'm having an awesome time here. :cool:

Here's a video (not the best mediocre quality, due to my camera being old):

Wolfie

Lol! Awesome video to go along with that! Lol and the guard was clutching too ... Have you tried casting a fireball at it?

Chadonraz

Lol! Awesome video to go along with that! Lol and the guard was clutching too ... Have you tried casting a fireball at it?

I don't even have that spell. :D
I didn't attack the elk in any way, apart from sprinting into it when it finally figured out how to get to the river and thus out of the walls, but had trouble fitting through.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
I've had a whole string of WTF moments lately:

Rolff Stone-fist (that dark elf-hating bastard from Windhelm) turned up at my dark elf's wedding...then after the ceremony proceeded to walk out of the Temple of Mara yelling "Go back to Morrowind! You're not welcome here!" at every dark elf in Riften on the way out. So glad you could make it, Rolff. o_O I'd forgotten that one of the last things I'd done before getting married was beat him within an inch of his life...I guess that passes for a wedding invitation in Skyrim.

When I went to set fire to the beehives for the Guild, I managed to kill all of the mercenaries outside with archery sneak attacks and was generally rocking the whole stealth thing...then a dragon attacked just before I could set fire to the hives. Suddenly I see the quest indicator ticking off "Burn Three Beehives (1/3)" "Burn Three Beehives (2/3)"....are you kidding me?? That stupid dragon incinerated every last beehive, so needless to say Brynjolf and Maven both gave me a verbal spanking for it when I got back to Riften. :p I wanted to yell, "It wasn't me! It was the damned DRAGON!"

Durak stopped me in Whiterun to tell me about the Dawnguard. As he begins his little speech, suddenly Belethor and two guards run past me with their weapons out, yelling about vampires. When it was my turn to reply, I couldn't help myself. I said, "I hadn't noticed any vampire menace." *troll face*

Also if you actually travel with her to Kynesgrove, Delphine is a hot mess. I love how she keeps repeating, "We can't afford ANY delays" and "We'd better keep moving", then proceeds to run up a hill in the wrong direction and get stuck there every 30 seconds. Or she'll take off down the wrong road, then has to backtrack. Way to save time, Delphine.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts