- Create a ‘Tale of the Dead’ to Win TESO Swag How do you think this feller died?
If you have an active imagination and some decent writing skills, you can win some swag by telling ZeniMax your theory. The company is holding a second “Tale of the Dead” screenshot contest for The Elder Scrolls Online.
Instructions on how to submit your 500-word-or-less entry describing what led to the is sad screenshot from The Elder Scrolls Online are here. You’re encouraged to be creative and put your story in any form you wish. Three winners will get a $25 Bethesda store coupon and an ESO t-shirt.
Now, let’s see, he was on a picnic ...
- TESO Update Four Adds Dragonstar Arena https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd3p7E7Awso
The fourth major update for The Elder Scrolls Online is out now. It adds a considerable amount of new content to the game, including the Dragonstar Arena, which ZeniMax has released a trailer for above.
Dragonstar Arena is a wave-based arena experience designed for four players. It has ten arena challenges in both normal and veteran modes featuring progressively tougher enemies.
The update also adds a new territory, Upper Craglorn, which features new settlement Dragonstar (home of the arena), six new group delves and three new group instances as your group goes up against the Scale Empire.
The fight against the Scale Empire ...
- These TESO Dancing Fools Are Perfectly in Sync https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw2cZskUqv8
Here’s a fun video of some creative types delighting/annoying other The Elder Scrolls Online players with synchronized dance and comedy routines. The routines in this video from Mezza Mort start off small, but they eventually get more elaborate and even draw a crowd.
The perfectly coordinated timing is made possible by a mod called SyncMotes, with synchronizes various players’ e-motes. You can check it out here. Scroll down for English.
- Layoffs at The Elder Scrolls Online Developer ZeniMax Online Studios, the developer behind The Elder Scrolls Online, announced a round of layoffs this morning.
TESO publisher Bethesda’s VP of PR and Marketing Pete Hines gave a statement about the layoffs to Joystiq about ramping down the number of people working on the game.
“As is the norm for games of this type, we had ramped up a large workforce to develop a game of vast scale, and ramped up our customer service to handle the expected questions and community needs of The Elder Scrolls Online at launch. Now that we are nearly 6 months post launch, we have a thriving online community in a ...
- It’s One PVP Player Verus the World in This TESO Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIt6fbSlP_8
Here’s a The Elder Scrolls Online PVP video that manages to be impressive despite the fact that the player in question is buffed to the gills and arguably abusing some holes in the game mechanics, such as one that allows players to essentially block with their backs turned. Sure, he’s exploiting as much as he can, but he’s exploiting with style.
The video starts with a hardboiled line from Taken, then follows Sypher’s Dragonknight through lots of Sypher-versus-everyone-else PVP. On Reddit Sypher was unapologetic about his buffs and exploitation of the quirks of PVP, saying they are built into the game ...
- TESO Loyalty Rewards Start Next Month With High Hrothgar Wraith Pet It’s fair to say that The Elder Scrolls Online has received mixed reaction from both the Elder Scrolls and MMORPG communities. People either love it, hate it, or think it’s just okay.
If you’re one of the people who liked it enough to pay to play it for three months, ZeniMax wants to say thank you, and will be rolling out loyalty rewards in September. One caveat is that the three months has to be paid game time. The free month included in your purchase and any other free time doesn’t count.
The first loyalty reward is a High Hrothgar Wraith vanity pet. ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online v1.3.3 Update Out Now The Elder Scrolls Online’s third major content update, version 1.3.3, is now available for download. Lots of bug fixes and you can now dye your characters armor to look like Wolverine if you want.
According to ZeniMax in the patch notes:
“In this update, we’ve added armor dye stations where you can change the color of your armor with dyes you unlock through achievements. We’ve also added and improved many guild features including the addition of guild heraldry, guild traders, and improved guild management.”
“Another exciting change is the updates to our campaigns in Cyrodiil. We’ve implemented new campaign options, each with their ...
- Five Reasons to Play The Elder Scrolls Online
There’s a lot of negativity about The Elder Scrolls Online at times, so it’s nice to see this positive take from GamesBrained.
Reasons given are:
Interesting crafting and economy.
Vampires and werewolves.
Any class can use any armor or any weapon.
It doesn’t waste your time.
So what do you think? Agree or disagree? Discuss the pros and cons of the game in our forums.
- Plan Your Trip to The Elder Scrolls’ Nirn With This Interactive Map You know how sometimes you’ll find something you didn’t even know you needed in your life? That’s how I feel about this amazing map by Mlendia Horatiu.
The map tries to show all of Nirn, the world where the Elder Scrolls games take place, in Google Maps fashion. That includes areas that we haven’t visited. The map’s creator is even adding some images of the cities as sort of a street-view effect.
The Elder Scrolls fans could argue indefinitely about the map’s accuracy, and they already have been arguing, because some elements of Nirn aren’t quite so nailed down. But it’s still an ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online European Megaserver Moving, To Europe Yeah, The Elder Scrolls Online’s European megaserver has actually been in North America this whole time. Which I’m sure is something that our European friends know, as they’ve lived with the trans-continental lag and all.
But no more. On July 30th the Megaserver will be moving to a shiny new datacenter in Frankfurt, Germany.
Today Zenimax posted an update about the move, saying European players can expect significant downtime, from about 8:00AM EDT to 5:00PM EDT that day. The North American server will be unaffected.
European player characters will be unaffected by the move and there will be no patch or update to download ...