- Elder Scrolls Online’s First Expansion Is Out On PC The first major expansion pack for Elder Scrolls Online is now live, at least if you’re a PC gamer. Imperial City, ESO’s first expansion of a planned string of quarterly releases, is now available for download. The expansion adds numerous extra quests, items, characters, and a new storyline involving a forced takeover of the titular city.
Rich Lambert, creative director for Elder Scrolls Online, says “The Imperial City is special. Not only because it’s our first DLC, but because it’s a huge milestone for us as a studio. We are now able to shift our focus from business model changes and ...
- Here’s Some Stuff You Can Buy in The Elder Scrolls Online With Real Money The Elder Scrolls Online’s Crown Store won’t open for business until the game drops its subscription model March 17, but here are some previews of some items you’ll be able to spend real money on when it does.
The items pictured in the three images below are vanity items. Some of them are similar, but not necessarily exactly the same, as exclusive rewards that were given out for loyalty and special promotions. Note the Blackwood Monkey, which is so similar to the Imgakin Monkey that was given away to beta players the description makes note that it’s not the same.
The offerings ...
- Video Shows Off ESO’s New Features https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvZ5Ejx1M7w
For months ZeniMax has been telling us the 1.6 update for ESO would be better, but sometimes showing is more convincing.
So ZeniMax has put out this video that shows the bullet points of what to expect in the new version. The big changes are the Justice System, which allows you to steal and kill and just generally do bad things, and the Champion System, which lets you keep improving your character even at the highest levels.
From what we’ve seen, the Justice System has been enthusiastically adopted. Cities are littered with the bodies of NPCs and it’s not hard to see ...
- Elder Scrolls Online 1.6.5 Update Out Now The Elder Scrolls Online entered a new era today, rolling out an update that will transform the game from a subscription-based service to a buy-to-play game.
The 1.6.5 updates adds a new Justice system, a Champion system for high level character improvement, a cash shop and much, much more. It clears the way for ESO to drop its mandatory subscription model and become The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on March 17. The console versions of the game, out June 9 on PS4 and Xbox One, will also be based on the 1.6 update.
Although the cash shop, known as the Crown ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online’s Big Update Will Launch Tuesday We now have a precise date and time when The Elder Scrolls Online’s game changing 1.6 update will be available.
The update will start being applied to the servers at 8 A.M. EST Tuesday in North America and 3 A.M. GMT Wednesday in Europe, according to a server message. No word on exactly how long the server maintenance is expected to last, but you should be playing the new version some time tomorrow.
The 1.6 updates adds a new Justice system, a Champion system for high level character improvement, a cash shop and much, much more. It clears the way for ESO ...
- ESO 1.6 May Be Coming in Early March The big 1.6 patch that adds a new Justice system, a Champion system for high level character improvement and much, much more to The Elder Scrolls Online has been delayed, according to a ZeniMax source.
Originally it was coming in late February, but has now been pushed to early March to deal with an audio bug, according to a post from ZeniMax on a European ESO forum. The patch is currently available on the ESO’s test server.
The 1.6 update, of course, clears the way for ESO to drop its mandatory subscription model and become The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited ...
- More than 2,000 things you can steal in the New The Elder Scrolls Online One of the most intriguing things about the new The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, is that it will feature a Justice system that will let you live the life of a dirty, dirty thief. If that’s your thing.
The Justice system is currently being tested on the game’s public testing server, and because hackers are going to hack, some players have been data-mining it for interesting info. One player, dominoid73, has shared a list of more than 2,250 items you can get through five-fingered discount in the justice system.
Some highlights using the descriptions from the game:
A back-scratcher for taking care ...
- ESO’s Console Editions Feature Voice Chat, New Control Schemes ZeniMax has shared a few more details about the PS4 versions of The Elder Scrolls Online.
We already know that the console versions will be based on the new the buy-to-play version of the game, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited and will be out June 9, roughly a year after the originally planned launch date.
In a recent column the ESO Game Director Matt Firor gave further details about the console versions, which he said are different by necessity because there’s “a lot of variance” between the consoles and PC.
Firor said parallel teams developed the console version, so they take advantage ...
- ESO’s Last Loyalty Rewards Are Freaky Sheogorath Costume, He-Man’s Battle Cat If you’ve been a loyal Elder Scrolls Online subscriber since the game launched, ZeniMax has new rewards for you before it closes its loyalty program for good.
First up for the nine month reward, you’re in for an, uh, I’m actually not sure. Depends on how much you like creepy stuff.
That’s because the first just-announced loyalty reward is this weirdo Sheogorath costume, the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter. I can see this strange three-faced mask as the kind of thing that part of the audience, the ones wearing black clothing and heavy unisex eyeliner, might be really into. Others might be a ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Tests Another Patch Before It Goes Subscriptionless Before The Elder Scrolls Online drops its subscription requirement and becomes The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited March 17 on PC and June 9 on consoles, PC players are testing the new version of the game.
The test, running on the games public testing server (PTS) was recently updated with a brand new version. Update 1.6.2 adds a few new tweaks to the game, including allowing testers to check out the full Champion system, which allows high level players to keep upgrading their characters.
Patch notes for the latest version are below:
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.6.2 is an incremental patch that ...