- Craglorn and Other Updates Will Be Included When TESO Launches on Consoles When The Elder Scrolls Online finally makes it to consoles, you won’t have to wait around even longer for updates like the Craglorn adventure zone to be added to the console version.
According to a Q&A post on theelderscrollsonline.com, “most (if not all)” of the updates for PC and Mac released between now and console launch will be included on the console versions on day one. Console players are currently sitting out a six month delay from the game’s original June release date, so the news that there wont’ be any additional delays should be welcome.
The Q&A also addressed other questions ...
- TESO Shows Off 3v3 PVP at Conventions The Elder Scrolls Online is geared toward large-scale PVP. That’s it’s bread and butter, that’s how they sell the game, and hey these siege weapons aren’t going to fire themselves. But Zenimax has been previewing a more intimate PVP experience at recent conventions, and it’s getting a good reception.
According to Massively, at E3 Zenimax had demos set up that featured a 3v3 Elder Scrolls Online PVP mode. The map features king of the mountain style gameplay where players battle for control of one flag, and takes place in a map about the size of one fort.
The quickly paced mode was ...
- Zenimax Lets Go 300 Employees Irish media are reporting big layoffs at ZeniMax’s customer service center in Galway, Ireland.
According to the report more than 300 have been laid off at the center in the last two months. 200 of those employees were laid off after just three weeks with the company, and that includes their week of training. As one employee complained:
“In April, the company said it wanted 200 more workers. They went through a week of training, worked for two weeks and were let go. These would have been people taken in on two to six-week contracts.
“Four weeks ago, another 50 were let go, and ...
- New Elder Scrolls Online E3 Trailer
No Fallout 4 at E3, at least not yet, but here’s a nice new trailer for The Elder Scrolls Online.
The “Live Another Life” trailer doesn’t reveal any new information, but it does show off an impressive amount of scenarios, locations and combat designed to entice those who haven’t jumped on the TESO bandwagon yet.
Will it work? Did it work on you? Let us know in the comments.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Update Adds Crypt of Hearts, Better Lighting Zenimax recently released details of an update coming to The Elder Scrolls Online’s PTS (Public Testing Server) that includes some welcome improvements and additions to the game.
The shiniest thing is probably the new veteran content, Crypt of Hearts, which is described as so:
Veteran Crypt of Hearts is open! The lich Nerien’eth has returned to inflict endless agony on the spirits he trapped in the original Crypt of Hearts. Fight mysterious Daedra and ultimately the lich himself to free these souls in an entirely new content experience. Veteran Crypt of Hearts continues the story begun in the original dungeon. This Veteran ...
- Still Haven’t Tried TESO? Here’s a Chance to Get it Cheap Reactions to The Elder Scrolls Online have been a bit mixed since the game launched. While some people have found a lot to love, others have found faults with the game and complained about bots and Veteran Rank grinding and other issues.
How to sort out these conflicting opinions? The best way is to try for yourself, and here’s a chance to do it with a relatively low risk, as the game is now on sale for $29.99 at Amazon.com.
That’s half off the usual $60 price. Not too bad to try the game out for a month and see if you ...
- ‘Never Start Spats With the Ebonheart Pact’ Warns TESO Rap Video
Okay, maybe this doesn’t have the dignity of a classic bardic ditty like, oh, “Ragnar The Red,” but Dan Bull’s rap anthem forThe Elder Scrolls Online’s Ebonheart Pact sums up the resentment and relentless determination of this faction. And it’s funny.
“Never start spats with the Ebonheart Pact, Or you’ll never, ever, ever, get your severed arm back,” the song advises. That’s advice worth taking. The Argonians, Dunmer, and Nords all get a verse in the song bragging about their histories, character and abilities.
This is the second of three rap videos in the series. There is also a Daggerfall Covenant video, but ...
- Bethesda Defends The Elder Scrolls Online Console Delay Bethesda’s VP of PR and marketing Pete Hines would, I’m pretty sure, rather talk about Bethesda’s upcoming survival-horror offering The Evil Within than The Elder Scrolls Online console delay. But he’s not that lucky, and he spent a good portion of a recent interview about The Evil Within defending the decision to push the PS4 and Xbox One versions of TESO back six months.
“We’re not happy about it – obviously we much rather have the console version out in June. But it seemed like the right thing to do, and we did spend a little time working with the console folks ...
- Craglorn Out Now For ESO
The Elder Scrolls Online’s first major content update, Craglorn, was released yesterday for PC and Mac.
Craglorn opens up a whole new zone designed for four rank ten or above players, and introduces Trials, tough 12-player adventures with a limited number of resurrections.
Paul Sage, the game’s creative director, told IGN the Craglorn adventure zone is designed to be accessible, but the update also adds two Craglorn trials designed to provide a serious challenge for veteran players.
“Craglorn as a zone is not really a raid because it’s more tuned to a group of four, but our Trials in Craglorn, which we’re shipping ...
- Is TESO Still Coming to Consoles in 2014? Umm, Maybe
Zenimax still says its goal is to bring The Elder Scrolls Online this year, but it’s not making any promises.
The company had already delayed the game about six months from its June release date on Xbox One and PS4. June, as you may have noticed, is the sixth of twelve months, so the game was coming at the end of the year at best anyway.
Creative Director Paul Sage told IGN the plan is still to get it out this year, but also made no guarantees there wont be additional delays.
“I will tell you we are working round the clock to ...