- New Mod Video Merges Worlds Of Skyrim And GTA Modder Adam Pinkman used Grand Theft Auto V, and a lot of mod packages created to manipulate it, to recreate the Skyrim trailer in Los Santos. He succeeded, but not without a lot of hard work.
“It was quite challenging with the scenes,” Pinkman told Polygon in their story on the video. “I had to use other mods to accomplish these types of shots for instance. When people are panicking and rushing all over the streets, I used the Chaos Mod.”
As you might imagine, the hardest part was getting a dragon to appear in GTA V, which doesn’t have an asset ...
- New Skyrim Mod Adds Splatoon Gun Elements from Splatoon have been modded into various other games over the past few months, and now it’s Skyrim’s turn.
A Japanese modder who goes by the name Higeyoshi has developed and released “Peryitoon,” a modification that adds the Splattershot gun from Splatoon to the weapons arsenal in Skyrim. It really works and it really blankets everything it touches in ink. Have a few looks:
It also functions as a weapon. According to Higeyoshi, in the Elder Scrolls universe the Splattershot “harnesses the divine protection of Peryite and fires a powerful poison that weakens enemy health.” Plus, it’s just fun to ...
- Skyrim Turns Into Card Game With Elder Scrolls Legends Last night Bethesda Games, publishers of several popular game series, held their big E3 conference and revealed their lineup for the next year. The lion’s share of the attention was directed at Fallout 4 (more on that later). There wasn’t much in the way of new news regarding the Elder Scrolls series, except for this: something called Elder Scrolls Legends was briefly mentioned. The next title in the series has been revealed? Not exactly. This is a spinoff card game for your tablet, and maybe for your PC.
What would drive this kind of decision? A little something called Hearthstone, which ...
- This Elder Scrolls Themed Basement Cost $50,000 To Make DC Comics artist Tyler Kirkham lives in Kaysville, Utah. He likes comics, obviously, but he LOVES the Elder Scrolls series. So much so that he would spend $50,000 of his own money to have his basement remodeled into a scene right out of the series itself.
To get the look just perfect, Tyler’s finished new basement now features distressed stone walls, various helmets and horns on the walls, a bathroom with a waterfall and rock face covered in vines, crossbows and a sparring arena. And get this….a secret door activated by pulling a specific book from the bookshelf. Gotta have that!
- Elder Scrolls Online Beta For Consoles Coming Soon? Elder Scrolls has continued to prove that vast worlds to explore, plenty of customization, and hundreds of hours of content still please gamers to no end. For many an Elder Scrolls player, their eyes are now turned upon the upcoming Elder Scrolls Online for their next fix.
The massively multiplayer online RPG is currently being made by ZeniMax online, and is admittedly still a ways away from being done. However, to ensure that the game is done the right way, and done right by gamers, ZeniMax is going to be doing a Beta for the console versions of the title. It ...
- Skryim, Modded Until Reality Goes Mad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yHoSvrTss
The unofficial motto of Skyrim has become “mod it, until it breaks.” Videogamedunkey pushes that about as far as he can go in this funny video, and although he manages to do it with crashing his machine on camera, the threads of logic and sanity that hold the game together eventually pop with a quiet “ping.”
He starts small with a Sonic mod here, a Tommy Wiseau horse abomination there, and Thomas the Tank Engine as a dragon. But it ends with a battle that fills the screen with as much crazy as he can put there.
What’s your favorite crazy mod? ...
- Skyrim Helps Gamer Remember Lost Brother Reddit poster lastrogu3 recently shared the heartbreaking tale of the death of their brother, and how Skyrim has helped them remember him.
Their brother, Taylor, was a gamer who spent most of his gaming time on Skyrim, using a dark elf character he named Bear. Taylor drowned in 2013 while wakeboarding in a river, when a rope he’d used to tie the wakeboard to his ankle got caught in the roots of a tree and held him down.
Lastrogu3 doesn’t play Skyrim any more, but they do go back to the game as a way to remember Taylor.
“This is Taylor’s and his ...
- Did You Find These Three Hidden Bosses in Skyrim? Just when you think there’s nothing left to do with Skyrim but, um, keep modding it and playing it forever, a Reddit user points out some stuff you might have missed.
Titled the three “hidden bosses” of Skyrim, these aren’t exactly state secrets, but they are bosses with such specific requirements you might have missed them. The three bosses are:
Vulthuryol, a dragon you can find in Blackreach by using the Unrelenting Force shout on an orb.
Karstaag, a tough bastard you can resurrect in the Dragonborn DLC by obtaining his skull in the Glacial Cove and placing it on his throne in ...
- Skyrim is Radically Remade as a New Game in Enderal Total Conversion Mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQog9lkyH8k
Enderal is an ambitious total conversion mod for Skyrim that seeks to graft a completely new game, with a new story, locations and enemies, onto the Skyrim engine. As you can see from the video above, only hints of Skyrim are recognizable in the final project, with the whole thing taking on a different look and feel.
Bethesda recently interviewed Johannes and Nicolas, the respective Munich-based project lead and creative director for Sure AI, the modding group behind the project.
The pair said the game has been in the planning stages since before Skyrim was released in 2011, and they started ...
- Lego Maniac Reimagines Skyrim’s Opening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r21j-3u9Vs&x-yt-ts=1422579428&x-yt-cl=85114404
So here we have the beginning sequence of Skyrim, remade in stop-motion Lego. The video, from The Guildmaster Studio, took about a month to make and it looks like a lot of work and creativity went into it.
We really loved the character creation segment, which obviously lends itself well to Lego parodying. The sound is a little low in the video so we suggest turning up the volume.