- Enderal, The Biggest Skyrim Mod Of Them All, Comes This July There are mods, and then there’s Enderal, which promises to be the closest thing you can get to an actual Skyrim sequel without being one. It’s going to feature a new overworld and story, as well as new gameplay mechanics — all unique. The mod, first announced in 2013, took over three years to create.
It’s being brought into existence by developer SureAI, famous for their previous gargantuan mod Nehrim: At Fate’s Edge. SureAI is promising you’ll get around 30 to 100 extra hours of gameplay from Skyrim with Enderal.
Enderal couldn’t have come at a better time, now that a remastered ...
- According to Bethesda, All Existing Mods Will Work With Skyrim Remastered E3 broke the news that Skyrim was coming to current-gen consoles, and that mods would be allowed. Presumably, all existing mods would have to be ported or reconfigured to work with the new versions, right? …Wrong. Bethesda says they should all work with no modifications. Pete Hines, who works for the company, was asked this question on Twitter and replied “Basically, yes.”
Quite the feat if they can pull it off. But does the mod community agree it could happen? For the most part they do.
“The only thing that will need porting/updating is Skyrim Script Extender,” says MichaGhost, who’s working on ...
- E3 2016: Skyrim Coming To PS4 And XBox One It’s been a long time since we’ve been able to report on news relating to this site’s namesake, but today’s the day.
Bethesda revealed the news during their E3 press conference tonight: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is coming to current-gen consoles! Of course it’ll be remastered, polished and pretty, but you’ll be able to make it prettier (or weirder, depending)….because mods will be allowed as well! Also coming for the ride is the entirety of downloadable content released to date.
Here’s the footage Bethesda showed everyone. The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition is coming to Playstation 4 and XBox One on October ...
- I Am Setsuna’s E3 Trailer Is Out Today Perhaps Square’s most anticipated upcoming title among its biggest fans is I Am Setsuna. Final Fantasy XV may have louder hype, but Setsuna is promising a revival of old-school, Chrono Trigger-style combo RPG gameplay. And today, the official E3 trailer for the game went up on Youtube.
Was there a leak? No….Square put the trailer out voluntarily, ahead of schedule. Is this the same thing they’re going to show on stage at E3? I guess so.
As you can see, practically everything about it takes the classic approach: turn-based battles, an overhead view, an overworld map, an eventual airship, and a dramatic ...
- New Details To Fog Of War In Civilization VI! The “Fog of War” reference to areas of a map in certain games where the player can’t see details. Often times being “blacked out” until explored. This has happened many times for the Civilization series. Though with Civ VI, it’s going to be altered a bit.
“The big difference in our Fog of War from Civ 5 is that Civ 5 had the clouds. Now we’re treating the totally unexplored areas as a blank parchment with longitude and latitude lines on it,” says Brian Busatti to IGN. “But as you explore that you start to open things up. The mid-fog, instead ...
- What The Mobile Version Of Final Fantasy XI Will Look Like Will Final Fantasy XI ever die? It seemed that way when the PS2 version of the game was finally shut off earlier this month, but Square is now preparing to launch a new version in its place: a FFXI port for mobile devices. Given Japan’s current gaming market, it makes sense….though perhaps not as much as porting their much fresher MMO, FFXIV.
Square showed off the first-ever released screenshots of the mobile FFXI during the Nexon Developer Conference in South Korea today. They lie below:
Note that Square already announced it had made all the additional worlds and updates to ...
- PAX East: Pyre Developer Supergiant Talks Games Story And Combat In the RPG Pyre, the game features not only an in-depth story, but also a combat system that plays more like a sports game rather than an RPG. This uniqueness is what makes Supergiant games a popular developer. And at PAX East, they talked about how this came about:
“We like the idea of a high stakes competition where it isn’t just about life and death, that’s a very common thing in video games,” Supergiant Games creative director Greg Kasayin said to Polygon. “You just try and try and try until you win. Death isn’t usually much of a setback.
“We like ...
- Skyrim City Mod Took Over Three Years To Craft There are Skyrim mods that expand the game, and then there’s Holds: The City Overhaul, one mammoth effort nearly four years in the making that’s available starting today.
Holds vastly increases the size of many of Skyrim’s cities, most notably Falkreath, Winterhold and Dawnstar, and even adds a few smaller settlements of its own. Interiors of buildings have also been redone. It was a ton of work and creator Galandil has been at it since 2012. “Most of these new settlements have been placed far out of the way and hidden from view to not ruin the expansive wilderness theme of ...
- Fallout 4 Gets Its First Patch Time for Fallout 4’s first patch. Bethesda’s first repair job gets rid of glitches both annoying (there were reports of players becoming stuck in terminals) and actually beneficial (sometimes during the “Confidence Man” quest your health would continuously regenerate). The full patch notes are below, and they’re rather short:
Fallout 4 1.2 Patch Notes
Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)
General memory and stability improvements
Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Zero Escape 3 Now Has Official Title Earleir this year we were pleased to report Japanese developer Chunsoft was finally going forward with the third game in the Zero Escape series of puzzle/mystery/novel titles. This week Aksys, the translation company that publishes the Zero Escape series in the West, revealed its official title: Zero Time Dilemma. They also showed off this artwork….
Feels reminiscent of Saw, which some people have said bears resemblance to Zero Escape thematically (but with far less torture).
The secret ending of Zero Escape 2 (Virtue’s Last Reward) was a hint at the events of the third game and suggested time travel would play a ...