- Amazing Shrine of Azura Statue Available for You to Worship
For my money, Azura is the hottest of the Daedric Princes. Okay, okay, Sheogorath has got it going on, too, but that whole quirky clown thing is a little too played out. Too much time with him is like being stuck in a Tim Burton movie with Johnny Depp.
So if there was any I would want to own in statue form, it would be Azura. This upcoming statue from Gaming Heads is 18-inches tall, or 1/6 scale, and lovingly detailed by artist Todor Kolev, with attention to making it accurate to Azura’s representation at her shrine in Skyrim.
Azura’s love doesn’t ...
- Xbox 360 Skyrim DLC 75 Percent Off This Week Are you an Xbox 360 Skyrim player? Is there a piece of Skyrim DLC you’ve wanted to try but skipped because it’s too expensive. Then today’s your week, because it’s all now deeply discounted as part of Xbox Live’s Spring Sale?
From now through April 21st the DlC is 75 percent off. that means you can get Dawnguard and Dragonborn for $4.99, and Hearthfire for $1.24.
DLC for several other games is included in the sale, too, including Bethesda’s Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas at the same 75 discount. Check them out here:
- Guy Proposes to His Real-Life Girlfriend Using Amulet of Mara
The Amulet of Mara is, as we all know, the path to marriage in Skyrim. One decided to play by Skyrim rules in real life, leading off his marriage proposal with a gift of the amulet.
According to Kotaku’s Patricia Hernandez:
“I introduced to Skyrim—and he enjoys every minute of the game,” Sarah Briody explained to me via email. “I love watching him play because we both have very different game styles. We do play other multiplayer games together when we have the opportunity.”
But her partner didn’t just want her to be an occasional co-op buddy—and the way he expressed this ...
- Skyrim Gets a Game of Thrones Intro in This Cool Video http://vimeo.com/90589442
This Game of Thrones/Skyrim mashup video is truly impressive work. Created by Brady Wold, it took two years and thousands of hours to complete.
“This started off as an exercise to kill time one afternoon about two years ago. I continued to work on it here and there throughout various freelance projects, internships, and other personal projects until it became a burden; my very own ‘white whale,’ Wold wrote in his description of the video.
Worth it! The only question is if “Winter is Coming,” would the Nords even notice?
Check out more about the video here.
- Spice Up Skyrim With Epic Gameplay Overhaul https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB0p5VvngpI
Epic Gameplay Overhaul is a collection of mods by ApolloDown, all together in one package for convenience. The overall effect of the package on Skyrim is drastic.
The collection includes:
Dragon Combat Overhaul: This mod promises any dragon you encounter will be “a fearsome beast that will do anything it can to kill you,” by changing up the AI and giving the dragon’s new abilities.
Civil War Overhaul: This mod restores cut content from Skyrim’s civil war and adds consequences to how you do in battles. You can even lose the whole war.
Fire and Ice Overhaul: More natural and dynamic fire and ice ...
- How’s The Weather In Skyrim? Beautiful, With This Mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3jdeKeRxIM
This recent mod by Laast, creator of Pure Waters, pretties up the weather effects in Skyrim and adds new textures and more realistic nights.
According to the developer’s description “Pure Weather adds dozens weathers and lighting variations for every areas in Skyrim, with various sunsets and sunrises, and various rainy and snowy weathers. It uses realistic lighting, colors, and textures to enhance your experience without taking off the lore Skyrims feeling.”
It also promises that if you can run the vanilla game with the HD pack the mod won’t cause a performance hit. That might be great for people with older computers.
- Skyrim Vs. The Elder Scrolls Online Round 2, Windhelm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJqQMk1vjyU
If you’re interested in how the locations from Skyrim look in The Elder Scrolls Online, this new video from IGN is well worth checking out. They take a side-by side look at Windhelm.
Personally, the original version simply looks more grander and more full of character to me, but it’s easy to see that some of the changes, like larger areas, were made to better suit the needs of an MMORPG.
The Elder Scrolls Online launches:
For 5 day early access:
North America (East): 7:00 AM EDT, Sunday March 30th–
UK/IE: 12:00 PM WEST, Sunday March 30th–
Central Europe: 1:00 PM CEST, Sunday March 30th–
Sydney, Australia: ...
- Take a Fresh Look at Bruma in the Beyond Skyrim Mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRWN2Emgbw
One of the things that seems to excite Skyrim modders the most is the idea of seeing other parts of Tamriel in Skyrim. That’s the button this Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil Bruma teaser pushes, and it pushes it hard.
The Beyond Skyrim modders at DarkCreations intend to start with Bruma and piece-by-piece bring all of Cyrodiil into the game. The mod will feature new quests, creatures, and dungeons, and a storyline about Cyrodiil set at the time of Skyrim. From the description:
“This is only a small first taste of the larger project Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil – The Seat of Sundered Kings, an ...
- Skyrim Versus The Elder Scrolls Online IGN has an intriguing article comparing the Skyrim from Skyrim to the Skyrim from The Elder Scrolls Online. As you can see in the above image, the same locations tend to look a lot less grandiose.
IGN’s Leif Johnson had a lot of favorable things to say about how The Elder Scrolls Online experience invoked the feeling of earlier Elder Scrolls games, but wrote that even its best moments “Elder Scrolls Online only makes me homesick.”
“My journeys presented an unintended consequence–they made me want to boot up Skyrim to see the differences. Several hours in ESO can make you forget how vast ...
- What Type of Skyrim Packrat Are You? Do they have the show Hoarders: Buried Alive in Skyrim? Probably not, because they don’t have TV. But if they did it would probably be popular, because a lot of Skyrim players find themselves buried under their own collections of junk. Dorkly recently published a hilarious web comic about Skyrim packrats. Which kind are you?
Man, what am I going to do with all this dragonbone?