- Do Mages Have Less Fun in Skyrim? Does Bethesda hate mages? A recent article, where The Escapist’s Shamus Young makes just that point, is worth reading and discussing.
Young lists several points to support his theory, from mage robes being “stupid and boring,” to destruction skills not scaling with skill level.
“I’ve leveled numerous mages and numerous fighters. There’s no comparison. Melee isn’t just slightly ahead of magic. It’s massively, outrageously more powerful, safer, more expedient, more thrilling, and more profitable. Going from fighter to mage has a bigger impact on difficulty than the actual difficulty slider. As a fighter you’ll kill faster, have less between-fight downtime, see more ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Beta This Weekend, Comes With Free Monkey Yep, as many suspected, The Elder Scrolls Online Beta is back on for this weekend. And as a special twist you can invite a friend to join in the fun.
If you’ve signed up for the beta check your inboxes for invites. According to a post on theelderscrollsonline.com you might find one not just for yourself, but an extra beta code you can send to a friend. And if you didn’t get one, but you’ve got a friend you know is in the beta, now is the time to start dropping some broad hints.
This will be the first beta event where ...
- Next Beta Coming ‘Very Soon,’ With Tons of Updates If you haven’t signed up for the Elder Scrolls Online beta yet, now might be a good time. This weekend the official The Elder Scrolls Online Twitter account announced the next beta event will be announced “very soon.”
And when it comes back, it’ll come back with a huge list of updates, bugfixes, and improvements for the 0.18 version, according to a list of patch notes shared on Reddit. Highlights include:
• Thousands of fixes for quest issues across the entire game.
• Now after the tutorial completion, new characters will go directly to first alliance city where you will then have the choice to ...
- Fallout 4? Don’t Hold Your Breath If you love Skyrim, there’s a chance you might have sampled Bethesda’s other first-person RPG series and are hungry for more modern Fallout. Rock Paper Shotgun’s Nathan Grayson, showing some admirable pluck, recently tried to pin down Bethesda game Director Todd Howard, and it looks like your belly is going to rumble a little while longer.
“We don’t ,” Howard tokd Grayson, “but I think it’s gonna be a while.”
“We’ve gotten fairly used to all the questions and curiosity over the years. Everyone wants information. Right now, we’re just trying to figure out which ...
- Soar Through the Northern Ashlands in New Skywind Mod Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSj00dDCrw
I’ve been following the Skywind mod for a while now, and I don’t think any of the videos released so far have shown its potential better than this nearly finished look at the revamped Northern Ashlands. It’s just gorgeous, and it promises to get even better as the mod advances.
“Still a work in progress, and everything is subject to change. Keep in mind, many models are place holders and the ash will be darkened. I was also experimenting with the Dragonborn weather types, they too are not final,” wrote SquallyDaBeanz, the Skywind mod team member who uploaded the video.
The mod ...
- Is it Real? Or is it Skyrim?
Look at that beautiful hillside. Wouldn’t you just like to climb it? Have a picnic at the top?
If you did, you’d better be ready to fight a Blood Dragon before digging out the egg salad sandwiches, because this is a screenshot from Skyrim, with some heavy modding by Unreal.
Unreal has provided a guide to the mods to make Skyrim look this good. Check it out if you want to try some of them for yourself, or just drool over the tons of screenshots and videos available on the site.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Beta NDA Has Been Lifted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njtVnQsUCAc
Hold your tongues no longer. Over the weekend the NDA which had bound The Elder Scrolls Online beta testers was lifted by Zenimax and users have already started giving their impressions and sharing media they had prerecorded, like this long player video above.
The real action, however, will come during the next beta event, where users will be prepared to freely record, screencap, even livestream gameplay.
“There isn’t a beta event taking place now, but we’ll hold another soon–watch for invites. You’ll be free to capture and share footage and screenshots, stream your gameplay, and talk about the game wherever you’d like ...
- Mythical Pokémon Diancie Coming Soon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcGXa9IJetY
The Pokémon Company recently revealed a new Pokémon, Diancie, that will play a role in the upcoming Pokémon movie Pokémon XY the Movie: The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie and will be featured in Pokémon X and Y, for the 3DS although details of how to obtain Diancie haven’t been shared yet.
As a mythical Pokémon, Diancie can’t be obtained through normal gameplay. Diancie is a rock-and-fairy type and is described in a press release thusly:
“Known to boast the greatest beauty in all the world, Diancie’s body glitters pink, captivating the hearts of many. During battle, Diancie can produce a great volume of diamonds instantaneously by compressing air ...
- Reminder, No Open Beta for The Elder Scrolls Online If you haven’t signed up for The Elder Scrolls Online beta yet, content in your certainty that there will be an open beta before the game launches, I have the unfortunate task of disillusioning you. There will be no open beta.
From the game’s support FAQ, updated last week:
We will not be holding a traditional open beta, but if you sign up to participate in the ESO beta prior to launch and are eligible per our Terms of Service, you will get an invite to a future beta event. We will be holding several very large beta sessions that include beta ...
- Designing The Dark Anchors of The Elder Scrolls Online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUMthHs4BPw
In The Elder Scrolls Online, the Dark Anchors are Molag Bal’s attempt to yank Tamriel to his Oblivion Plane Coldharbour. And also a chance for players to team up and kick some Daedric ass.
Theelderscrollsonline.com has a new developer diary talking about what went into designing the Dark Anchors and what they mean to the The Elder Scrolls Online world.
“When we set out to create the Dark Anchor encounters, we had specific goals in mind. We wanted them to be an immediate, obvious reminder that Tamriel is in danger—something you could see in the world to make you realize just how ...