- Dragon Age: Inquisition Will Have Four Player Co-op For me, personally, Dragon Age games have always been about getting deep into role-playing my character and making choices, but I can see the appeal of playing parts of the game with friends. BioWare obviously can as well, and will be introducing a four-player co-op mode in Dragon Age: Inquisition.
No, you won’t be voting on the single player story choices MMMORPG style. Instead the co-op mode will feature special combat missions separate from the main story, a BioWare FAQ says.
The multiplayer is described as an “action packed dungeon crawling experience” and compared to the multiplayer mode in Mass Effect 3.
- Witcher 3 Fans Angry About Xbox One Exclusive Physical Content As jaded video-gamers, we are used to being yanked around when it comes to exclusive game content. How many copies of any given Ubisoft game do you need to buy to get all the costumes and DLC again? How long do I have to wait to play the new Tomb Raider on my PS4?
But for once it’s a physical piece of content that has gamers up in arms. Last week CD Projekt Red announced that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will feature a new in-game card-game Gwent. In the tradition of Knights of the Old Republic’s Pazaak or Final Fantasy VIII’s ...
- Watch Six Minutes of Gorgeous The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuPEam_Jt4I
At the Gamescom conference in Cologne, Germany, CD Projekt RED released this new trailer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
The trailer follows our protagonist Geralt as he heads to the village of Downwarren and accepts a quest from a balding villager. Geralt tracks the evil that’s been offing the villagers through a swampy area and then a forest before being ambushed by some beasties.
The thing that stands out about the trailer is its sheer knock-your-socks off prettiness. It’s easily one of the most lush and convincing open worlds I’ve seen in a video game. It’s also an open world filled ...
- BioWare Announces Co-op RPG Shadow Realms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HyfmUkDixE
BioWare’s next big RPG will be Shadow Realms, a PC RPG with a co-op twist. The company revealed the new game at the Gamescom conference yesterday in Cologne, Germany.
In Shadow Realms four players will fight together through a dark fantasy world, united against a Shadow Lord who is also controlled by another player.
Why yes, it does sound like an RPG version of Turtle Rock Studios’ upcoming players-versus-player-controlled-monster shooter Evolve. Thanks for pointing that out. But BioWare claims it is shooting for a deep experience that recaptures the feel of old-school pen and paper Dungeons and Dragons, where the players will ...
- Skyrim Modders Remaking Beloved PS Platformer MediEvil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG2mY9EQy04
MediEvil was one of the high points of the original PlayStation, where it seemed like innovative platformers were popping onto the shelves every time you went to the video. The 1998 game put you in armor of Sir Daniel Fortesque, a skeletal knight reanimated to fight an evil sorcerer named Zarok.
It’s well-remembered and much-beloved, so it’s not a huge surprise the first four levels are being remade in Skyrim, where every game will eventually be remade before the sad, slow heat death of our universe.
The project, MediEvil: Hero of Gallimore, is the work of modder KorinOo and is looking very nice so ...
- Doug Cockle Comes to the Rescue With Live Voice Acting at Witcher 3 Panel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEKGC6vqzvQ
We reported earlier how Doug Cockle, voice of the Witcher series protagonist Geralt, saved the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt panel at San Diego Comic-Con with a bit of live voice-acting when the voices cut out of the demo. But it’s much funnier to see it in person, and thanks to CD Projekt Red’s YouTube, now you can.
Cockle hilariously does the voices of not only Geralt, but also shows his versatility doing old ladies and some kind of weird blue monster.
The only problem with this video is that it makes us even more desperate for a full video of the Comic-Con ...
- This Nightingale Statue is Fact, Not Fiction This very detailed Nightingale statue from Gaming Heads will let you show your love for things thieving and Daedric.
The statue is about 16 inches tall and comes in two types, a standard edition limited to 1,000 copies and an exclusive edition limited to 500 copies. The exclusive edition has a light-up base that gives a water current effect under the Nightingale’s feet.
It’s a little bit disappointing that they only offer the male Nightingale and not the female Nightingale, but it’s still quite an impressive piece. And it comes with an impressive price, $299 for the standard edition and $329 for ...
- Your TESO Armor is to Dye For: a Look at Armor Dyes
Here’s a video that shows off the new armor dyes added in the latest The Elder Scrolls Online update and the process of obtaining those dyes.
Dyes can be applied at various dying stations and are unlocked by achievements, so if you want to be the best dressed in Cyrodiil, get to work on those.
From the looks of the video dying is a a popular activity, at least until the novelty of the relatively frivolous feature wears off. The video creator, ChimneySwift11 can barely get to a dying station because of the rush
- The Elder Scrolls Online v1.3.3 Update Out Now The Elder Scrolls Online’s third major content update, version 1.3.3, is now available for download. Lots of bug fixes and you can now dye your characters armor to look like Wolverine if you want.
According to ZeniMax in the patch notes:
“In this update, we’ve added armor dye stations where you can change the color of your armor with dyes you unlock through achievements. We’ve also added and improved many guild features including the addition of guild heraldry, guild traders, and improved guild management.”
“Another exciting change is the updates to our campaigns in Cyrodiil. We’ve implemented new campaign options, each with their ...
- RuneSky Mod Brings RuneScape to Skyrim
Are you one of those people who spent untold hours exploring the free browser-based MMORPG RuneScape? Then here’s a mod that will feel like coming home.
As seen in the video above RuneSky attempts to pay tribute to the free-form RuneScape experience, and to make it more immersive by bringing the 2D game into Skyrim’s 3D engine.
“This project is our way of paying homage to Runescape, as fans, for fans. This mod can in no way replace Runescape, or the last decade of wonderful gaming with Jagex LTD,” modder TripleSixes writes in the mod description.
It looks good so far, although it’s ...