- Marvel and Star Wars Characters Could End Up in Kingdom Hearts III One silver lining to the House of Mouse buying up everything in sight is that at least it’s easier for some of our dream mashups to happen.
We’ve seen Marvel characters interacting with Disney characters in Disney Infinity, and now Tai Yasue, co-director and game designer of Kingdom Hearts 3, has hinted Disney’s Star Wars, Marvel and general cartoon lines might collide with Square Enix characters in the upcoming Kingdom Hearts sequel.
“They’re all under consideration,” he told Kotaku. “Nothing’s off-limits, we’re considering all of the worlds. There are so many wonderful concepts. We’re happy about that, but at the same ...
- Dragons and Mechs Mingle in New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF1IUmP3534
I think this new trailer for Square Enix’s Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is meant to try to explain all of the factions and military actions that serve as the backstory for the game.
I say I think, because I came away from it even more confused. There’s some dictator guy that dresses like M. Bison and rants about new world orders. And he’s, I’m going to day, bad? Maybe?
But it’s a beautiful confusion, as it gives us a look at a game world where mechs and cold war propaganda and dragons comingle like it ain’t no thang. And although the ...
- Dark Souls II Coming to PS4 and Xbox One With Scholar of the First Sin Edition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6OvKFwIza8
From Software has released a new trailer for an upcoming Dark Souls II upgraded edition that will either have you crying tears of bitter frustration or telling the game “Thank you, sir. May I have another?,” depending on your approach to tough RPG punishment.
The new version, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, will be out April 7 for PS4 and Xbox One and DirectX11 capable PCs. It will bring you the original game plus its three DLC packs Crown Of The Sunken King, Crown Of The Old Iron King, and Crown Of The Ivory King; new content specifically ...
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Pokes Fun at Itself in Parody Image Without spoiling anything beyond the intro, Dragon Age: Inquisiton is about closing a big hole in the sky. The Avengers was, at the end, about closing a big hole in the sky.
That resemblance was not lost on BioWare and EA, which slyly referenced the final post-credits scene of The Avengers in this funny new image.
“All great teams of heroes need time to unwind after closing a giant hole in the sky,” the official account tweeted.
Do you think the serve shawarma there?
- ZeniMax Spruces Up ESO With New Patch The Elder Scrolls Online has a new incremental patch out now. For such a big game, however, even an incremental patch is a monster.
It shouldn’t, however, be a 12 GB monster. There was a bug that pushed it out in that large size. Instructions for dealing with that are here.
The patch primarily fixes quests, adjusts monsters and makes audio improvements. The full patch notes are below.
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.5.6 is an incremental patch that has addressed issues in Cyrodiil and a number of quests. We have also adjusted the health and power of monsters in dungeons scaled to at ...
- Get the ESO Undaunted Equipment That’s Right For You The Elder Scrolls Online’s fifth update recently added new “Undaunted” daily challenges with some sweet rewards, including armor and helms that’ll make you look like something from Where the Wild Things Are.
As part of the Undaunted quests, players can earn gear by fighting bosses or by completing daily challenges, called “pledges,” that give you bronze, silver and gold keys depending on how you do on them. Gold is the best, of course.
But what gear should you be shooting for? It depends on your class and role, but Tamriel Foundry has put up a nice guide to all of the Undaunted ...
- Check Out Today’s ESO Live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_uvZpt-9Uk
A kindly YouTuber has helpfully captured today’s ESO Live Livestream for posterity, so peruse at your leisure. Get some insight into the game from ZeniMax staff and some hints about upcoming updates.
On the agenda for the livestream we have:
Fan creation showcase with 3D Environment Artist Karin LaPadula
Interview with fan composer Armin Gutjahr
Life at ZOS with Associate Systems Designer Chris Balser
Upcoming community-run events
ESO merchandise preview and newly-added items
News recap and update
- Fallout Fans Make Own Vault for Post-Apocalyptic Birthday Party One Fallout fan was turning 30, so he poured himself a stiff drink and reflected on the end of his youth, right? No! He and his wife rebuilt their garage door into an elaborate recreation of a Vault-Tec Vault Door, christened their home Vault 30, and had a huge birthday/Halloween party for all of their friends.
The Vault Door was made out of particle board and cardboard, and was lovingly defaced with “Tunnel Snakes Rule!” graffiti after it was finished.
Inside the couple set up computers showing Fallout Pip-Boy screens, a Vault Boy cake, Nukla Cola bottles, and other appropriate decorations and ...
- Dwemer Spheres the Latest ESO Loyalty Reward The latest goodie for players have stuck with The Elder Scrolls Online for six months is – another vanity pet. Huh.
At least it’s a cool one! The Dwemer Sphere started rolling out (sorry, couldn’t resist) this week. It follows you around and does Dwemery stuff and that’s neat and all. But we’re hoping we can get something more substantial for our loyalty soon.
ZeniMax rolled the loyalty program out in September with another vanity pet, the High Hrothgar Wraith. The loyalty rewards are only for those that have the required cumulative subscription time, but don’t worry. You haven’t missed out if ...
- Elder Scrolls Online Still Coming to Consoles ZeniMax has gone so silent on the delayed PS4 and Xbox One versions of The Elder Scrolls Online that you’d be forgiven for thinking that they’d been quietly canceled.
But thanks to a plucky fan who can count to six and noticed that ZeniMax’s “six month” delay was nearly up with no news, we have a sign of life. ZeniMax responded on Twitter to say the console versions are still a thing.
“Please rest assured: we are still hard at work on the console versions of #ESO and look forward to sharing more information soon!” the Tweet reads.
No new date was given ...