- Here’s What You’ll Need to Run The Witcher 3 on PC If you’re like us, you’re eagerly awaiting the next installment of The Witcher series by CD Projekt RED, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. If you’re like us, but also a PC player, you’ve also been looking at screens of the gorgeous game and wondering if your rig can handle it.
Here’s your answer. CD Projekt RED has released the game’s system requirements. Bit of an ouch for those with older setups. Does your rig make the cut, or is time to upgrade? You’ve got until May 19, when the game is out on Windows, PS4 and Xbox One.
Minimum System Requirements
- Fallout 3 Wazer Wifle Rap Will Get Stuck in Your Head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx6UdrZ1nhM
Still no Fallout 4, sorry, but here’s a fun look back at Fallout 3.
This catchy rap song is dedicated to one of Fallout 3’s most interesting weapons, the Wazer Wifle, and the person you get it from in Little Lamplight, a sad little boy with a speech impediment named Biwwy.
The Wazer Wifle is no ordinary laser rifle mispronounced, it’s better. It’s more durable, does five more damage and has a 30 round magazine instead of 24. Good enough for Open Minded to rap about how it turns fools to dust and Caedo Genesis to make a funny music video ...
- Here’s a Strong Hint The Elder Scrolls Online Might Go Free-To-Play Is free-to-play the future of MMORPGs? After experiencing some free-to-play MMORPGs that get dangerously close to a “pay-to-win” model, I’m not so sure.
But some people certainly think so. And The Elder Scrolls Online was heavily criticized by those people when it launched last year with a traditional subscription model instead of a free-to-play scheme. Those people may get their wish soon.
As PC Gamer reports, ZeniMax has pulled its six month subscription option from its site. All that are left are options up to 90 days.
That’s a familiar pattern, as other MMORPGs have yanked longer subs before going free-to-play. It’s also ...
- Trailer Surfaces For Final Fantasy Creator’s Lost JRPG, Cry On https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBR3CcJslC4
Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi recently uploaded something very unexpected to YouTube, a concept trailer for his long-canceled RPG Cry On.
Cry On was first announced as an Xbox 360 title for Sakaguchi’s studio Mistwalker in 2005 and canceled in 2008, and it definitely has the look of a JRPG from that time period. Look at all that cel-shading! Cry On’s theme was supposed to be tears of sadness and joy, and there are tears aplenty in the concept trailer. You also get a glimpse of a large golem that was to be a main character/gameplay mechanic.
No way to judge gameplay ...
- ESO Wins ‘Great MMO Faceoff’ Newbie Category ESO has had a rockier year than many anticipated, with a lot of early players jumping ship and the promised console version being delayed until 2015.
But here’s some good news. The game still managed to eke out a win as the best new MMO in an online poll.
ESO beat Funcom’s The Secret World in the “Newbies” category of MMORPG.com’s “The Great MMO Faceoff” poll semi-finals. ESO just squeaked out a victory, beating the more obscure horror MMO game 51.3 to 48.7 percent. That means that along the way it was also judged better than other new entries like ArcheAge, Wildstar ...
- Final Fantasy XV Trailer Introduces Us to New Female Cid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQqiiZkZv3Q
As far as I’ve been able to tell so far, Final Fantasy XV will be about four bros driving around in a sweet car and broing it up on a road-trip occasionally punctuated by fights.
This new trailer from the weekend’s Jump Festa event in Japan actually confirms that, yes, this is the plot of Final Fantasy XV. But it gives some background for why they’re on the roadtrip in the first place, which is a looming war.
We also get a look at this game’s version of Cid, the recurring character that’s popped up in different forms in almost every Final ...
- Find Out What Was Cut From the Original Fallout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM_f9ixAm1g
This fun new video from DidYouKnowGaming gives us an overview of all of the things that were left on the cutting room floor when designing the original Fallout, the groundbreaking apocalyptic RPG.
Much of the cut content revolved around the game’s early use of the GURPS (Generic Universal RolePlaying) system, which the nerdier among you may remember from pen and paper role-playing sessions in musty basements. GURPS was abandoned early in development after a dispute about the game’s violence and replaced with Fallout’s iconic SPECIAL system, but a few elements from it made it into an early demo.
The biggest piece of ...
- ESO Live Reveals Champion System https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74RNVpzXbA8
Hey, we can’t all be at our computers whenever a live-stream is on. That’s why nice people like Shawn Brunelle capture important streams like ESO Live, ZeniMax’s regular livestream of what’s coming up in ESO.
This ESO Live Livestream breaks down the new Champion System that will be coming to the game soon in the 1.6 update, a signficant update the team teases as “almost like ESO 2.0.”
If watching a two hour video is too much, other nice people at Tamriel Foundry have a transcript of the whole thing prepared. Here’s how ZeniMax developer Maria Aliprando describes the genesis of ...
- Meet Final Fantasy Type-0 HD’s ‘Traitors of Orience’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya90P3vxwvQ
I have to admire Square Enix’s commitment to world-building in its latest pair of trailers for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.
It’d be easy to just show some glamor shots of this rezzed-up PSP title, but instead we have what’s styled as a “public enemies” propaganda broadcast from the game’s government, accusing the game’s heroes of treason. This trailer is styled as the government’s response to an earlier trailer that showed the protagonists in a positive light.
There’s a bunch of stuff about a war and running around and mechs in these trailers, too, with some incredibly melodramatic, out-of-context dialogue. Maybe it’ll be ...
- Ciri Will Be Second Playable Character in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtEO2xZ7BzQ
Looks like Geralt won’t be tackling his new adventure alone in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. CD Projekt RED has revealed the game’s second playable character, Ciri.
This is how Ciri is described in the announcement press release:
Ciri, the ashen-haired girl from an ancient prophecy, is a descendant in a long lost elven blood lineage. The girl is a living and highly volatile weapon capable of both destroying and healing the fragile world she currently inhabits. Emotionally connected to Geralt, the girl is pursued by the titular Wild Hunt, a cavalcade of ghastly riders capable of unspeakable destruction, and by the ...