- ESO Live Shows Off Improved Animations and More https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg-BdpIVyoM
If life got in the way and you weren’t able to be there for Friday’s ESO Live livestream, you can watch the whole thing here. This video preserves the Twitch chat, often used for interactive features in the livestream.
The livestream focused in part on changes in the upcoming 1.6 update for The Elder Scrolls Online. The highlight was a look at the new animation system, which revamps first and third-person animations to look more natural. If you’re impatient, you can skip ahead to about 59 minutes into the video.
And sorry, no release date for 1.6 was shared in the stream.
- Neverwinter Closed Beta Begins Feb. 5 on Xbox One https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7gxE8n570w
Soon you’ll be able to try Neverwinter, a free-to-play Dungeons and Dragons-based MMO, on Xbox One.
Publisher Perfect World Entertainment Inc. and Cryptic Studios announced that a closed beta will be held for the Xbox One version, will be held from Feb. 5 to Feb. 8.
Neverwinter is a socially oriented MMO that focuses on going on Dungeons and Dragons adventures with your friends. A press release announcing the beta says the final game will include previously launched PC content, but have optimized Xbox One features like friends list integration and console-friendly controls.
The game will be free-to-play, as long as you have ...
- Get Up to Speed on The Witcher 3’s Lore With Recap Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kuS4wLX06Q
With The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt coming soon, your best bet would to play or replay the first two games to catch yourself up on the story and all of the extremely complex lore about the Conjunction of the Spheres, Witchers and The Wild Hunt. Remember to read every book follow every possible conversation tree, especially near the end of The Witcher 2 when Geralt proposes a solid theory on what The Wild Hunt is.
But if you don’t have time for that, how about a quick three minute video hitting the high points? That’ll do, too. It’s also entertaining in ...
- More Australian Retailers Yanks ESO From Shelves In a move that will not quiet the rumors that Elder Scrolls Online is going free-to-play, another Australian retailer is reportedly pulling the game from its shelves.
Following a similar decision from EB Games, Australian retailers JB Hi-Fi and Harvey Norman are also getting rid of its ESO stock, according to a report.
This coupled with the fact that ESO stopped selling six month subscriptions recently has some thinking that The Elder Scrolls Online will move to a free-to-play gameplay model soon, but ZeniMax has not commented on the speculation. We expect to hear more on this story soon.
- ESO Patch Kills Bambi Before the big 1.6 update adds the new Justice and Champion systems, Zenimax has pushed out one more minor update for The Elder Scrolls Online.
This latest update focuses mostly on gameplay tweaks, but it also bizarrely eliminates deer and torchbugs from Cyrodiil. Yep, ZeniMax says this was done to reduce server strain. Deer must be hell on networks.
The full patch notes are below:
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.5.8 is an incremental patch that addresses a variety of outstanding issues surrounding gameplay, dungeons, and quests. In an effort to improve performance in Cyrodiil, we have also escorted all deer and torchbugs to ...
- Microsoft Lists Feb. 24 release Date for The Elder Scrolls Online on Xbox One A newly updated product page from Microsoft shows The Elder Scrolls Online releasing Feb. 24 on Xbox One.
Debates are already raging about whether this is the real date for the console releases or just another placeholder. Bethesda has said they want the Champion and Justice systems from the upcoming 1.6 update to be fully implemented before the console versions are out, so although it would be possible, it seems a little soon.
Adding fuel to the fire that ESO is soon going free-to-play, the product page does not mention the game requiring a subscription other than Xbox Live. It does, however, ...
- Rumor: Elder Scrolls Online Pulled From Retail Store in Australia Rumors that The Elder Scrolls Online will soon go free-to-play keep getting additional fuel. A report says a major Australian retailer is pulling it from its shelves entirely.
EB Games says this move is part of a normal stock recall, but it’s pretty weird to pull an online game that’s still selling and functioning. Kotaku Australia says its sources show that other games being recalled are only having excess stock removed, but everything related to ESO will be completely wiped from the store by Aug. 14.
This is definitely in the rumor category, of course, and so far there’s been no confirmation ...
- Beyond Skyrim Opens Up the Rest of Tamriel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btOb2XqnNTw
Bethesda’s blog has an in-depth interview with Will Smith, one of the modders from the Dark Creations Team that has been working for three years on the ambitious Beyond Skyrim mod.
Beyond Skyrim seeks to make other areas of Tamriel available in the Skyrim engine, including Cyrodiil and High Rock.
“Beyond Skyrim is a series of interlinking mods which will ultimately allow players to visit other areas of Tamriel within the Skyrim engine. Assets for each new region are being painstakingly created from scratch, including architecture, creatures, weapons, landscapes, textures and objects created by our artists and modelers. We pride ourselves on ...
- Here’s What You’ll Need to Run The Witcher 3 on PC If you’re like us, you’re eagerly awaiting the next installment of The Witcher series by CD Projekt RED, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. If you’re like us, but also a PC player, you’ve also been looking at screens of the gorgeous game and wondering if your rig can handle it.
Here’s your answer. CD Projekt RED has released the game’s system requirements. Bit of an ouch for those with older setups. Does your rig make the cut, or is time to upgrade? You’ve got until May 19, when the game is out on Windows, PS4 and Xbox One.
Minimum System Requirements
- Fallout 3 Wazer Wifle Rap Will Get Stuck in Your Head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx6UdrZ1nhM
Still no Fallout 4, sorry, but here’s a fun look back at Fallout 3.
This catchy rap song is dedicated to one of Fallout 3’s most interesting weapons, the Wazer Wifle, and the person you get it from in Little Lamplight, a sad little boy with a speech impediment named Biwwy.
The Wazer Wifle is no ordinary laser rifle mispronounced, it’s better. It’s more durable, does five more damage and has a 30 round magazine instead of 24. Good enough for Open Minded to rap about how it turns fools to dust and Caedo Genesis to make a funny music video ...