- A Preview of ESO’s New Cash Shop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzrWS8_VPXo&feature=share
When The Elder Scrolls Online becomes the subscriptionless The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, it’s going to pick up a few tricks players of free-to-play and buy-to-play games might be familiar with. Chief among these, a cash shop.
The new cash shop, The Crown Store, will use a real-money currency called Crowns, featuring customization and convenience items like potions, soul gems, pets, mounts and costumes. You can’t trade your Crown Store items or Crowns, as you can with cash shop items in other MMORPGs.
The official transition doesn’t happen until March 17 for PC or with the June 9 console release for ...
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Trailer Comes With FFXV Bonus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLMoTDYReqg
You can watch and enjoy this Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer, which spends a big part of its running time on watching some guy cry before getting around to satisfying battles and intrigue.
Or, you can skip ahead to about 2:40 in the video, when it becomes a trailer for the Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae demo that will ship with Final Fantasy Type-0. Or just watch it straight through. Up to you, really. I don’t tell you how to live your life.
Both games look quite nice, although of course FFXV has more current gen splashiness to it, including some impressive ...
- One Guy is Making His Own NES-Style RPG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JQQhmW4I6U
When you played old NES RPGs like Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior, did you ever fantasize about making your own? Joshua Temblett must have, so now he’s doing it.
Untold Story is a testament to how far indie development has come and how inclusive it can be. Now anyone with the right tools can make and distribute a game that would have took a huge team to make and market in the past.
Untold Story is in the mold of classic RPGs, but with “modern touches, such as a character-based story-telling and a unique and exciting battle system,” according to a press ...
- Five Snazzy Costumes You Can Buy in ESO’s New Cash Shop When The Elders Scrolls Online ditches its subscription model and become The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, it will be opening a cash shop where players can buy cosmetic and convenience items.
The new cash shop, The Crown Shop, will use a real-money currency called Crowns, featuring customization and convenience items like potions, soul gems, pets, mounts and costumes. You can’t trade your Crown Store items or Crowns, as you can with cash shop items in other MMORPGs.
The official transition doesn’t happen until March 17 for PC or with the June 9 console release for Xbox One and PS4, but players ...
- Here’s What New Players Will See When They Start the New ESO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Df69nB-gg
YouTuber Elloa has tried out the new tutorial in The Elder Scrolls Online’s 1.6 update, which is now live on ESO’s public test server. Elloa shows off the first 15 minutes or so of the game including escaping prison in Coldharbour, which has been upgraded to be “a bit more like a story” in her words.
Although changes are possible, this is pretty much the experience that will greet new players when they load up the subscriptionless The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited March 17 on PC or June 9 on Xbox One and PS4, so if you’ll be new to ...
- Guard Hands Out Harsh Justice in ESO 1.6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UESkmVd7wmI
Looks like the guards are going to be a little more Dirty Harry than Officer Friendly in ESO’s new Justice system. The Justice system, which will allow players to commit crimes and be punished for them if they get caught, is a new feature in the 1.6 update that’s currently being put through its paces on the game’s Public Test Server.
As you can see in the above video, a player who misbehaves badly is quickly and harshly dealt with, without so much as a “Stop right there, criminal scum!” as a warning.
In a way it’s a bummer because it will ...
- ESO Releases Update 1.6 for Public Test Server The Elder Scrolls Online’s biggest update yet, the 1.6 update that clears the way for the game to become the buy-to-play The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, is now available to try and test on the game’s public test server.
The update was accompanied by a novella-sized list of patch notes. According to ZeniMax, the notes took up 67 pages in Microsoft Word.
We aren’t even going to try to copy them all here, you can go the official site to check them out. They cover:
Big Changes / Updates / New Features
- ESO Developers Explain New Subscriptionless System When you heard that new The Elder Scrolls Online was ditching its subscription model and going “buy to play,” you might have heard a nagging little voice in your head respond with “pay to win.”
The new version, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, will be out March 17 on PC and Mac and June 9 on Xbox One and PS4. It will include all of the content in the 1.6 update, including the new Justice and Champion systems. Anyone who has played before can dive right into the new version, but there will be a one-time purchase of the game ...
- The Witcher 3 Livestream Shows Off New Gamplay Today Watch live video from GOGcom on www.twitch.tv
CD Projekt Red is finally pulling the covers off The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Last week it held a preview event for assorted journalists, and today it will show the game to the general public through a livestream.
The stream will show new gameplay footage. Senior Gameplay Designer Damien Monnier and Level Designer Miles Tost will be on hand to provide commentary and answer questions.
You can check out the stream in the player above or here. It’s set to begin at 2 p.m. EST.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be out May 19 for ...
- Watch This Giant 23 Minute ESO ‘Three Fates’ Cinematic Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=qLdYM70QNdo&x-yt-cl=84503534
To celebrate dropping The Elder Scrolls Online’s subscription fees model and rebranding the game as The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, ZeniMax also released the final chapter of its ongoing “Three Fates” cinematic trailer.
Now the company has merged the latest part with the three parts that have been previously released to create a 23 minute supercut that shows the entire story. It’s longer than most half hour television shows, so settle in for a hefty watch.
The new version will be out March 17 on PC and Mac and June 9 on Xbox One and PS4. It will include all of ...