Xbox 360 Just started a new assassin, what to do?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
I just started a new assassin character and can't get any good weapons since the patch. What weapons should I use other then the Daedric weapons? What should I do to make my character a good assassin. In need of MAJOR help.

I would go strait for the Dark Brotherhood quests. They are fun and not very hard even at low levels. You get some pretty good assassin equipment. Then you can get the Blade of Woe at the end, which is known as one of the better daggers in the game.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Up your sneak, get some good Assassin Armor (which would be the Dark Brotherhood armor sets), and any weapon can be deadly.

Also, get a decent bow. For those long distance sneak attack kills.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
You really don't need to. I have never needed to use an exploit to get that good at being an Assassin. Do the Brotherhood quests and it comes naturally. I also train my character in one-handed, just in case my sneak fails. My Sneak is at 60 something, and already it's a breeze.

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
You really don't need to. I have never needed to use an exploit to get that good at being an Assassin. Do the Brotherhood quests and it comes naturally. I also train my character in one-handed, just in case my sneak fails. My Sneak is at 60 something, and already it's a breeze.
Alright. So I get it to around 50 and I'll be fine?

Skyrimosity

Shrouded gloves + x15 dagger sneak perk, unstoppable

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I hit 100 sneak at lv. 28 just playing normally. DB quests asap for armour. Get Mehrune's Razor as soon as you are able too. I run Mehrune's in my right and Blade of Woe in my left. Both smithed. With 100 sneak, ancient shrouded armour with stacked Jesters hat I can almost walk up to enemies in the middle if the day and backstab them from the front.

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
Ok you've got the Brotherhood Gloves. That's damge X 30 if undetected. Any dagger u pick up off the floor will generally do. You dont need any kit apart from the DB gloves and the Muffled boots. I made an Assassin with 100 smithing a few weeks back, his backstab was approx 2000 damage. So he could kill everything but Elder/Ancient Dragons in one sneaky hit. I also avoided the main quest until lv 50+ . he has 100.000 gold in all his houses.

Then I thought about how the frik is he going to kill all the random spawning dragons if I go Dragon rising +. Quite easily actually. Just use sneak and go Ethereal. I also used the dual wielding perk just for Dragons. the only fun fight the boring little guy has (I didnt call him boring did you?....pls......no...you're a great guy.......ughhh.)

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
I hit 100 sneak at lv. 28 just playing normally. DB quests asap for armour. Get Mehrune's Razor as soon as you are able too. I run Mehrune's in my right and Blade of Woe in my left. Both smithed. With 100 sneak, ancient shrouded armour with stacked Jesters hat I can almost walk up to enemies in the middle if the day and backstab them from the front.
Do you have to be a certain level for the Razor or... and can I use the Bound Bow instead of the Daedric since it's gonna take a while for me to get it?

Moonwort

Sneak + invisibility potions and the shadowstone were my recipe. Shrouded gloves are big but overkill beyond a certain point. The shadowcloak of nocturnal is invaluable too if you do the Thieves' guild quest.

Necromis

bound bow is a great way to go for a sneak archer you can find the spell early on at Fort Amol, though be sure you have enough magic and high enough conjuration to get the mystic binding perk and to cast it. The razor you have to be level 20, the blade of woe can be whenever you complete the DB quest line.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
I play the assassin build in every rpg, maybe I just like being sneaky.

Also, activate the thief's stone in the beginning. Should level up your sneaking faster with that.

And when you meet the Goddess, Nocturnal, go for the symbol of the eclipse. You won't regret it.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Also, once you hit 100 sneak go change to the Lovers stone just north east of Markarth.

Siah

for daggers, I like blade of woe and mehrune's razor or the dragon priest dagger just for fun. for the bow, you can use the bound bow for a while in the beginning (depending on how much you use a bow vs dagger) and you can get the nightingale bow from the thieves guild later on which has a fantastic late-game enchant lvl (above 46).

get and use the aura whisper and throw voice shouts for sneaking and I like marked for death for straightforward battles.

The shadow stone is a fine choice any time but I started trying the serpent stone just for something different (5 sec paralysis and 25 damage). I like it well enough. Of course the thief stone is good for early to mid game.