Sexy/ugly NPC voices.... what's your opinion?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
So, as we all know, a few great chunks of the NPC world all have identical voices. However, there are some that have unique voices, some good, some bad, some annoying. What do you think?

I love: Astrid (from DB) and Karliah's voice (TG). I could listen to them all day long. As many times as I've played both of those quest lines, the minute they start talking, I don't skip by it. Veezara's voice from DB isn't bad, very dark, calm and mysterious. Oh, and certain guard's voices. The accent they have typically in Whiterun, whereas in Riften they normally have that other accent I don't like. But those guards in Whiterun.... love that voice/accent.

I dislike: Mercer Fray's voice and Maven's voice (maybe because I just hate them too, but whatever). While I think Sheogorath is a cool Daedric Prince, his voice can get a little overbearing after a while. I'm sure there's a few others, just can't think of them right now.

Annoying: Cicero, poor and sweet Cicero. The plops that comes out of his mouth when he is a follower is funny, but the tone of his voice gets me after a while. Still love him though.

What do you guys think?

Lucid

I second Karliah and Astrid. I add Susanna the Wicked to that list. None of the other female voices really stand out to me.

For male voices I love Teldryn, I could listen to him talk all day. Ulfric, Arnbjorn, Alduin (yes, seriously) and Ondolemar also have voices that make me a little weak. And I have a soft spot for Delvin Mallory's accent. It greatly aggrieves me that his brother sounds nothing like him.

Dislikes: Cicero, Mercer Frey (and everybody else voiced by him including Cynric), Delphine and Vex.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Karliah has the best voice in my opinion, so soothing! Haha I also love the generic NPC voice that people like Ysolda, I can not stand Dee-Ja 's voice.

Gigapact

I second Karliah and Astrid. I add Susanna the Wicked to that list. None of the other female voices really stand out to me.

For male voices I love Teldryn, I could listen to him talk all day. Ulfric, Arnbjorn, Alduin (yes, seriously) and Ondolemar also have voices that make me a little weak. And I have a soft spot for Delvin Mallory's accent. It greatly aggrieves me that his brother sounds nothing like him.

Dislikes: Cicero, Mercer Frey (and everybody else voiced by him including Cynric), Delphine and Vex.
Oh I forgot about Devin! I love his too.

JoeReese

Despite all the hype about Serana, I still like Astrid's voice better...and of course they gave her an olympic class donk in that armor. o_O

I do like Mjoll's voice, or maybe accent, but she never shuts up...everrrrr. (see albums, ref: ball gag helm)

For males, the gravelly sounding guard seems pretty cool.

Gigapact

Despite all the hype about Serana, I still like Astrid's voice better...and of course they gave her an olympic class donk in that armor. o_O

I do like Mjoll's voice, or maybe accent, but she never shuts up...everrrrr. (see albums, ref: ball gag helm)

For males, the gravelly sounding guard seems pretty cool.

I agree on your Serana comment. I just feel that her voice is simply "normal," so it's not annoying nor is it mind blowing. But Astrid.... she's my favorite.

"If you turn around, you'll notice my guests. I've "collected" them from... well, that's not really important. The here and now. That's what matters. You see, there's a contract out on one of them, and that person can't leave this room alive. But... which one? Go on, see if you can figure it out. Make your choice. Make your kill. I just want to observe... and admire." Then I fell in love with her.

And when she said, "But no mistake. I am the leader of this Sanctuary. My word is law. Are we clear on that point?" and when her lovely dominance trait came out, then I submitted like a little bitch, no problem. Too bad I had to kill her at the end, I wish I could have married her instead and made her work a shop at my house, then I could always hear that voice and see those blue eyes.

LuChao

The Martial artist
my top fav voices Karliah Astrid and Serana in that order

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Karliah definitely the favourite. Miuri was a favourite, until I married her and now she just drones on.

Dislike: It has to be Cicero - should have killed him when I first met him (though I doubt the game would let me at that point)

Love: Ulfric, Serana, Kodlak, Tsun...and everyone else in Sovngarde, Neloth in Solstheim, Nazir in Dark Brotherhood, Delvin Mallory, Brynjolf, Miraak, Harkon and Valerica, Gunmar, Durak and Isran.

Dislike enough to remember: Karliah (she's too soft spoken for my liking), Cicero, Colette from the College, Heimskr(?) the Priest of Talos and any Thalmor.

There are probably more for both, but those are the ones that stand out most for me.

Wicka waaah!!

Kaelbu

LIKE:
I love the voice acting Michael Gough did. He voiced male Nords like Vilkas, Ralof, Jarl Balgruuf, etc. I also like the guard voice that has the less extreme accent. Karliah's voice is of course very good. I really enjoyed Sheogorath's, Hadvar's, and Ulfric's. The female elf voice (Gabriella, many Altmer and Dunmer), is really pretty despite how stuck-up it can sound.

NEUTRAL:
The female Nord voice with the heavy accent is fun to listen to for a while, but after very long it bothers me for some reason. Sven, Onmund, etc.'s voice is ok. The actor did a good job, but I can't help but think of Goofey's son Max every time he talks (same actor). And yes, poor Cicero. If what he said weren't so funny and endearing, I would be quite annoyed.

DISLIKE:
Savos Aren, Kleppr, many male elves, the steward in Whiterun... That voice really annoys me. And Mercer Frey's. And that older female voice (the high-pitched one, like Kleppr's wife or the lady passing out Butcher fliers in Windhelm). Ugh.

Gigapact

Karliah definitely the favourite. Miuri was a favourite, until I married her and now she just drones on.

Dislike: It has to be Cicero - should have killed him when I first met him (though I doubt the game would let me at that point)

I made the mistake of having one of my characters marry Miuri as well, she got annoying with all of the praising and thanking me for killing her exlover. I don't want to keep hearing about that plops. But, you're right, she really does just drone on.

Gigapact

Gigapact

Love: Ulfric, Serana, Kodlak, Tsun...and everyone else in Sovngarde, Neloth in Solstheim, Nazir in Dark Brotherhood, Delvin Mallory, Brynjolf, Miraak, Harkon and Valerica, Gunmar, Durak and Isran.

Dislike enough to remember: Karliah (she's too soft spoken for my liking), Cicero, Colette from the College, Heimskr(?) the Priest of Talos and any Thalmor.

There are probably more for both, but those are the ones that stand out most for me.

Wicka waaah!!

What?? You don't like Karliah's voice? That's the first time I heard someone say that. But fair enough :) Although, I did forget to mention Harkon, I do really like his voice. Too bad he's such an asshole.

JoeReese

Karliah's got a nice voice, but it's a P.I.T.A. in game, because it seems like she's always whispering.

WarriorMage

Hey! Someone stole my sweet roll!
I don't have the names memorized but:

Like: The guy who runs the Thieves Guild. (He reminds me of Sean Connery.) The ditzy court wizard in Riften. Ulfberth War-Bear.

Dislike: Cicero and Moll.

I still think my favorite is the Seductive Maiden from "The Mind of Madness". I could listen to her all day.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
For females, I'm fond of Karliah and Brelyna Maryon's voices. Astrid's is rather nice as well. Call it an acquired taste, but the softer-voiced female Khajiit characters are pleasant to listen to. For males - Ancano, Brynjolf, Ondolemar, Ulfric Stormcloak, and Onmund/Erik the Slayer/Sven/etc. I love Jason Marsden's voice <3

The voices that irritate me...Colette Marence, the female Orcs' voices in general, Barbas, Cicero, General Tullius, the male guards, and Clavicus Vile.

Wildroses

Ondolemar's voice is so sexy. I ended up falling under a spell of desire after listening to him talk and agreeing to steal the old Skald's Talos amulet from his house. It wasn't until I was outside his house I began wondering why I was wanting to help the Thalmor by having a nice old man who had done me no harm arrested for a crime I knew would probably have him tortured and killed. That is how powerfully Ondolemar voice seduced me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts