Ulfric is not the true High king

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tyer032392

All hail the Dragonborn, the true High King of Skyrim.

Seriously, I think the Dragonborn has more potential to be High King than either Elisif or Ulfric, possible both of them combined.

Tyer032392

The Dragonborn is overrate and I would never give the throne to a bimbo like Elisif. That's just cruel to the people of Skyrim.

Why is the Dragonborn overrated and why is Elisif a Bimbo? Just wondering what your thoughts to that are.

Docta Corvina

Because I just saw this, and it's somewhat related.

1521879_589864607753822_702405665_n.jpg

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I think the Dragonborn depends on the player. My Dragonborn? Absolutely. Good natured and well meaning. Highly skilled and blah blah blah. She'd be perfect to lead Skyrim. Other Dragonborns, though... do you really think the leader of the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild would make a better High King than Ulfric or Elisif?

I thought Balgruuf would be a decent High King. He seems fairly level headed, albeit a bit too trusting. And between Avenicci and his brother, he's got some fairly sound council. He did let me trap a dragon in his home, though. Some may question that decision. :p

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
My Dragonborn is a vampire, a breton and a mage. No nord wants any one of those things sitting on a throne telling them what to do. Let alone all three in one convenient little package.

Tyer032392

I think the Dragonborn depends on the player. My Dragonborn? Absolutely. Good natured and well meaning. Highly skilled and blah blah blah. She'd be perfect to lead Skyrim. Other Dragonborns, though... do you really think the leader of the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild would make a better High King than Ulfric or Elisif?

I thought Balgruuf would be a decent High King. He seems fairly level headed, albeit a bit too trusting. And between Avenicci and his brother, he's got some fairly sound council. He did let me trap a dragon in his home, though. Some may question that decision. :p

You do have a point, but than again the Septim and Mede Emperors up until recently had the Blades who took up the Empire's most covert and devastating missions. I myself usually have a good character, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Dragonborn High King with a dark secret either.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I've had Dragonborns that were both necrophiliacs and homicidal... I think he would make a wonderful high king.

Tyer032392

I've had Dragonborns that were both necrophiliacs and homicidal... I think he would make a wonderful high king.

Was your homicidal Dragonborn by the name of Pelagius Septim the Third by any chance?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit

Tyer032392

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
DrunkenMage is the true High King. I out drink all the Jarls, I beat up all the Orc chieftains, I killed Ulfric Stormcloak using a sweet roll.

Behold the power that is my claim.

Though sadly the Dragonborn player will never get much mention in lore after TES V. So we will never amount to anything.

Tyer032392

DrunkenMage is the true High King. I out drink all the Jarls, I beat up all the Orc chieftains, I killed Ulfric Stormcloak using a sweet roll.

Behold the power that is my claim.

Though sadly the Dragonborn player will never get much mention in lore after TES V. So we will never amount to anything.

Unless if the next game will also feature the Dragonborn, though that is highly unlikely, but, you never know. I wonder if they will make TES VI with TSO coming out and the original story line being completed.

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
The High King of Skyrim? Oh please. Skyrim is nothing but trouble and he/she could do much better.

The Dragonborn if anything is heir to the throne of the Empire. What with being a natural shouter like ol Tiber Septim, there's a very good chance they're related.

Either way... Nords already respect the Dragonborn, he doesn't need to be High King in order for the Nords to listen to him.

Every Emperor of the Septim line was a Dragonborn and as such, the Dragonborn is the only one out there who *truly* has a claim to the Imperial throne.

Whether or not they will get this depends. Emperor Mede's last words seems to indicate the Dragonborn has a certain ambition... an ambition to become Emperor and reunite the Empire.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Dragonborn can never become Emperor, since that is already saying the PC is male. Since the PC can be any race and either gender, it is unlikely they will even gain a mention more than the passing comment referring to the 'Last Dragonborn' saving the world from Alduin.

NENALATA

Dragonborn can never become Emperor, since that is already saying the PC is male. Since the PC can be any race and either gender, it is unlikely they will even gain a mention more than the passing comment referring to the 'Last Dragonborn' saving the world from Alduin.

"I thank you for your courtesy. You will kill me, and I have accepted that fate. But regardless of your path through life, I sense in you a certain... ambition. So I ask of you a favor. An old man's dying wish. While there are many who would see me dead, there is one who set the machine in motion. This person, whomever he or she may be, must be punished for their treachery. Once you have been rewarded for my assassination, I want you to kill the very person who ordered it. Would you do me this kindness?"

"You will hear me out, then? Good. You will kill me, and I have accepted that fate. But regardless of your path through life, I sense in you a certain... ambition. So I ask of you a favor. An old man's dying wish. While there are many who would see me dead, there is one who set the machine in motion. This person, whomever he or she may be, must be punished for their treachery. Once you have been rewarded for my assassination, I want you to kill the very person who ordered it. Would you do me this kindness?"

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

"I thank you for your courtesy. You will kill me, and I have accepted that fate. But regardless of your path through life, I sense in you a certain... ambition. So I ask of you a favor. An old man's dying wish. While there are many who would see me dead, there is one who set the machine in motion. This person, whomever he or she may be, must be punished for their treachery. Once you have been rewarded for my assassination, I want you to kill the very person who ordered it. Would you do me this kindness?"

I know what Titus II says, but lore wise it will never happen. If the PC is Argonian than his/her dynasty can't be Nords or Bretons.

It will simply never occur.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
I have to say when I first played through Skyrim I was hoping there would be more incentive to kill Parthy, like maybe the Blades would help you make your way to the top and become Emperor? I think being Dragonborn that it would be your Birthright and all. But then I thought about it and it would kill the game for me, I like striving to achieve things like Thaneship and making friends in the game, being made Emperor would just ruin that.

On a side note i've noticed how little respect you get, it's kind of annoying considering you're the savior of the world on more than one occasion and all.

NENALATA

30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
Dragonborn can never become Emperor, since that is already saying the PC is male. Since the PC can be any race and either gender, it is unlikely they will even gain a mention more than the passing comment referring to the 'Last Dragonborn' saving the world from Alduin.​

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Emperor_Titus_Mede_II_(real)
I know what Titus II says, but lore wise it will never happen. If the PC is Argonian than his/her dynasty can't be Nords or Bretons.

It will simply never occur.

In my way of thinking, I'm not really factoring in race because the blood line still runs deep. Suppose the DoB was an Argonian, that doesn't stop the Nords from respecting and beholding the DoB any less. They could round it all out and say the DoB is Emperor but never go into it any further. They've done that before actually, as the early Septim bloodline is missing a few rulers... so is the Mede's. If the DoB is the rightful ruler by bloodline, they couldn't argue race against it. He is the heir.

NENALATA

I have to say when I first played through Skyrim I was hoping there would be more incentive to kill Parthy, like maybe the Blades would help you make your way to the top and become Emperor? I think being Dragonborn that it would be your Birthright and all. But then I thought about it and it would kill the game for me, I like striving to achieve things like Thaneship and making friends in the game, being made Emperor would just ruin that.

On a side note i've noticed how little respect you get, it's kind of annoying considering you're the savior of the world on more than one occasion and all.

I don't consider Skyrim to be 'finished'. It's like the game is missing something. My understanding was there was another DLC they were supposed to do and they just stopped dev. The Civil War quest was never completed properly either. There's literally *tons* of extra files and dialogue not used amongst the extra CW quests never assembled.