• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
It is a nice outfit.

"All right. It's time to deliver the final blow to the Stormcloak rebellion. You have all fought bravely, and sacrificed much to bring us to this point. Ulfric thinks he can hide behind the walls of his castle. But we will fight our way in and drag him out through the rubble to face justice. Because this is the end for them, the Stormcloaks will fight like cornered rats. They will be fierce and crafty. But they are no match for Legionnaires. You are the best and the brightest warriors in Tamriel. Professional soldiers, fearless and devastating. The Emperor will be paying close attention to what happens here today. Men who distinguish themselves will be well rewarded. Ready now! Everyone, with me! For the Empire! For the Legion!"

It think the Alik'r warriors would destroy the Legion, just my opinion.

Considering the Legions conquered Hammerfell...

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
"All right. It's time to deliver the final blow to the Stormcloak rebellion. You have all fought bravely, and sacrificed much to bring us to this point. Ulfric thinks he can hide behind the walls of his castle. But we will fight our way in and drag him out through the rubble to face justice. Because this is the end for them, the Stormcloaks will fight like cornered rats. They will be fierce and crafty. But they are no match for Legionnaires. You are the best and the brightest warriors in Tamriel. Professional soldiers, fearless and devastating. The Emperor will be paying close attention to what happens here today. Men who distinguish themselves will be well rewarded. Ready now! Everyone, with me! For the Empire! For the Legion!"

It think the Alik'r warriors would destroy the Legion, just my opinion.

Considering the Legions conquered Hammerfell...

And the Dominion won over the Empire but couldn't get Hammerfell. Although the Empire still fought and got Cyrodiil back they still lost. I don't see Hammerfell being manipulated by the Dominon

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
And the Dominion won over the Empire but couldn't get Hammerfell. Although the Empire still fought and got Cyrodiil back they still lost. I don't see Hammerfell being manipulated by the Dominon

And Hammerfell got their ass handed to them by Nords, which stole many miles of lands during the Imperial Simulacrum getting closer to near the end of the Third Era. Did that without Legions.

Depends on your definition as win, Thalmor committed all available forces into Cyrodiil and were completely wiped out. Aldmeri Dominion occupied Hammerfell for near 10 years, and were mostly weakened by the Empire.

Despite this, Lady Arannelya's main army succeeded in crossing the Alik'r Desert. The Imperial Legions under General Decianus met them outside Skaven in a bloody and indecisive clash. Decianus withdrew and left Arannelya in possession of Skaven, but the Aldmeri were too weakened to continue their advance.

In Hammerfell, General Decianus was preparing to drive the Aldmeri back from Skaven when he was ordered to march for Cyrodiil. Unwilling to abandon Hammerfell completely, he allowed a great number of "invalids" to be discharged from the Legions before they marched east. These veterans formed the core of the army that eventually drove Lady Arannelya's forces back across the Alik'r late in 174, taking heavy losses on their retreat from harassing attacks by the Alik'r warriors.

But the Redguards should not forget the great sacrifice of Imperial blood - Breton, Nord, and Cyrodilic - at the Battle of the Red Ring that weakened the Dominion enough to allow the eventual Second Treaty of Stros M'kai in 4E 180 and the withdrawal of Aldmeri forces from Hammerfell.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist

And Hammerfell got their ass handed to them by Nords, which stole many miles of lands during the Imperial Simulacrum getting closer to near the end of the Third Era. Did that without Legions.

Depends on your definition as win, Thalmor committed all available forces into Cyrodiil and were completely wiped out. Aldmeri Dominion occupied Hammerfell for near 10 years, and were mostly weakened by the Empire.

Despite this, Lady Arannelya's main army succeeded in crossing the Alik'r Desert. The Imperial Legions under General Decianus met them outside Skaven in a bloody and indecisive clash. Decianus withdrew and left Arannelya in possession of Skaven, but the Aldmeri were too weakened to continue their advance.

In Hammerfell, General Decianus was preparing to drive the Aldmeri back from Skaven when he was ordered to march for Cyrodiil. Unwilling to abandon Hammerfell completely, he allowed a great number of "invalids" to be discharged from the Legions before they marched east. These veterans formed the core of the army that eventually drove Lady Arannelya's forces back across the Alik'r late in 174, taking heavy losses on their retreat from harassing attacks by the Alik'r warriors.

But the Redguards should not forget the great sacrifice of Imperial blood - Breton, Nord, and Cyrodilic - at the Battle of the Red Ring that weakened the Dominion enough to allow the eventual Second Treaty of Stros M'kai in 4E 180 and the withdrawal of Aldmeri forces from Hammerfell.

Then I think the Redguards, Nords and Morrowind should make an alliance to fight the Dominion, I think that'd work out quite well. ;)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Except Hammerfell and Morrowind more than likely hate the Nords more than the Empire. The Nords have invaded both provinces, which they attacked House Redoran during the Oblivion Crisis. Not a smart move considering House Redoran now rules the Council and has an elite army.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
Except Hammerfell and Morrowind more than likely hate the Nords more than the Empire. The Nords have invaded both provinces, which they attacked House Redoran during the Oblivion Crisis. Not a smart move considering House Redoran now rules the Council and has an elite army.

Everyone that wants to be rid of the Dominions reign need to put there differences aside for just a little bit, can't they see that just one country won't be enough to defeat the whole Dominion?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Everyone that wants to be rid of the Dominions reign need to put there differences aside for just a little bit, can't they see that just one country won't be enough to defeat the whole Dominion?

Yet none of them ever fought the Aldmeri Dominion, until the Imperials united Tamriel. What makes you think they would unite now? Take away the Imperials and the provinces tear at each others throats.

Here is an example of what happened when Imperial authority dropped.

Five Year War - 3E 395 - 3E 399

The Arnesian War - 3E 396

War of the Blue Divide - 3E 397

War of the Bend'r-mahk - 3E 397

War of the Betony - 3E 402 - 3E 403

Every single province, fighting each other. Exception of Cyrodiil who lost authority in keeping order.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Wait I correct myself, due to TESO becoming canon. It has changed much lore around. So now we have this random war in the past which changes too much crap.

Three competing alliances are formed by the nations of Tamriel to defend against the Imperials under Molag Bal's influence. The Aldmeri Dominion, consisting of Summerset Isle, Valenwood, and Elsweyr, seeks to reestablish Elven dominance over Tamriel to protect it from the carelessness of the younger races. The Daggerfall Covenant, consisting of High Rock, Hammerfell, and Orsinium, intends to restore the Second Empire and return peace and stability to Tamriel. The Ebonheart Pact, consisting of Skyrim, Morrowind, and Black Marsh, desires to defeat the Imperials in order to preserve the independence of their homelands.

So we also have the alliance wars apparently.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You know your stuff mage, haha.

Took many beatings in debates on these threads. Just I was able to admit when I was wrong and learn, something some lack on these debates. They will hold onto they're right no matter what they have to deny for it to make sense in their mind.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
You know your stuff mage, haha.

Took many beatings in debates on these threads. Just I was able to admit when I was wrong and learn, something some lack on these debates. They will hold onto they're right no matter what they have to deny for it to make sense in their mind.

Sometimes people just need to accept that they're wrong, too bad people are too full of arrogance that they won't.

AS88

Staff member

Yet none of them ever fought the Aldmeri Dominion, until the Imperials united Tamriel. What makes you think they would unite now? Take away the Imperials and the provinces tear at each others throats.

Every single province, fighting each other. Exception of Cyrodiil who lost authority in keeping order.

But was there a universal threat to Man and Mer at this time? We've seen unlikely alliances before (ESO), why not again? If anything, those conflicts indicate the involved provinces' confidence in their strength following the collapse of an Empire.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist

But was there a universal threat to Man and Mer at this time? We've seen unlikely alliances before (ESO), why not again? If anything, those conflicts indicate the involved provinces' confidence in their strength following the collapse of an Empire.

Who would think the Argonians, Dunmer and Nords would form an alliance?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Not always. During the Oblivion Crisis, the Nords of Skyrim and Orc mercenary allies were attacking House Redoran. Morrowind, Black Marsh don't need to involve themselves.

Skyrim will be weakened after any event in the Civil War, Hammerfell has their own treaty with the Thalmor, even if they decide they will fight their province was greatly weakened also. It all depends on the situation, the Thalmor still managed to fight the combined Empire and greatly weaken them.

Four separate provinces, with four different armies don't make them stronger, but weaker. The Empire maintained one army, one effective fighting force that fought as one.

The Aldmeri Dominion is an Empire too.

While the Empire can be corrupt, Generals like Tullius aren't going to stand down when it comes to if the corrupted Empire is swayed into taking no action. As I quoted before from Eastern Provinces, Generals of the Imperial Legions also present an uncertain political power.

Who would think the Argonians, Dunmer and Nords would form an alliance?

They were fighting for independence. Black Marsh and Morrowind already are independent and have been for the last two hundred years.

ESO alliance wars was over the Ruby Throne. If it means taking the throne in becoming rulers of the Empire, then yeah everyone wants that. When it comes to merely working together for the good of each other? Hardly, they all hate each other.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Though there is always the slim chance they could all unite. I won't presume I know the outcome, since it goes into speculation.

I tend to just go given the history of: Fighting each other more times than working together. But anything can happen, depends on what Bethesda's aim is. Third Empire was their baby for nearly all the games.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
Though there is always the slim chance they could all unite. I won't presume I know the outcome, since it goes into speculation.

I tend to just go given the history of: Fighting each other more times than working together. But anything can happen, depends on what Bethesda's aim is. Third Empire was their baby for nearly all the games.

Guess we'll have to wait until Elder Scrolls 6 to find out. I'm interested as to who Bethesda will say won the war.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.

Guess we'll have to wait until Elder Scrolls 6 to find out. I'm interested as to who Bethesda will say won the war.

they likely won't say who wins, so best to get your jollies and go "If we kill them, we can take their stuff."

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
@XIIGenocide

Greetings from the Dominion.

I understand you're having trouble deciding on whose side to take in the Civil War. This is a choice I cannot make for you and it is a difficult one at that. I understand you enjoy playing as an Argonian. I happen to love the Argonians myself. In my game, I usually code them at a height of 1.10 so they're taller than everyone else and look like walking talking death claws.

The only advice I can give you, is that the Thalmor had a hand in Argonia defeating Morrowind and reclaiming ancestral territory from their Dark Elf Slave Masters... who are at this time leaning towards the Empire for economic aid from the Eastern Empire Co to rebuild from the war. Let's also not forget, that it was the Empire who continued to allow your kind to be enslaved, even after conquering Morrowind.

Helping the Empire conquer Eastern Skyrim is going to inevitably also help Morrowind recover faster than expected. In another war with Morrowind, Argonia would not have the element of surprise this time as the Dark Elves could come looking for some revenge. If you simply cannot reach a decision, the Dominion would gladly welcome a former ally with open arms.

Choice is yours, ball is in your court. All I ask is you please consider the Thalmor and our contributions to Argonia's freedom whenever you decide. Have fun! :D

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
@XIIGenocide

Greetings from the Dominion.

I understand you're having trouble deciding on whose side to take in the Civil War. This is a choice I cannot make for you and it is a difficult one at that. I understand you enjoy playing as an Argonian. I happen to love the Argonians myself. In my game, I usually code them at a height of 1.10 so they're taller than everyone else and look like walking talking death claws.

The only advice I can give you, is that the Thalmor had a hand in Argonia defeating Morrowind and reclaiming ancestral territory from their Dark Elf Slave Masters... who are at this time leaning towards the Empire for economic aid from the Eastern Empire Co to rebuild from the war. Let's also not forget, that it was the Empire who continued to allow your kind to be enslaved, even after conquering Morrowind.

Helping the Empire conquer Eastern Skyrim is going to inevitably also help Morrowind recover faster than expected. In another war with Morrowind, Argonia would not have the element of surprise this time as the Dark Elves could come looking for some revenge. If you simply cannot reach a decision, the Dominion would gladly welcome a former ally with open arms.

Choice is yours, ball is in your court. All I ask is your please remember the Thalmor and our contributions to Argonia's freedom whenever you decide. Have fun! :D

I would suggest ignoring the Thalmor sympathizer. Remember, they started this mess that you see in Skyrim. :Dovahkiin:

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
Greetings from the Dominion.​
I understand you're having trouble deciding on whose side to take in the Civil War. This is a choice I cannot make for you and it is a difficult one at that. I understand you enjoy playing as an Argonian. I happen to love the Argonians myself. In my game, I usually code them at a height of 1.10 so they're taller than everyone else and look like walking talking death claws.​
The only advice I can give you, is that the Thalmor had a hand in Argonia defeating Morrowind and reclaiming ancestral territory from their Dark Elf Slave Masters... who are at this time leaning towards the Empire for economic aid from the Eastern Empire Co to rebuild from the war. Let's also not forget, that it was the Empire who continued to allow your kind to be enslaved, even after conquering Morrowind.​
Helping the Empire conquer Eastern Skyrim is going to inevitably also help Morrowind recover faster than expected. In another war with Morrowind, Argonia would not have the element of surprise this time as the Dark Elves could come looking for some revenge. If you simply cannot reach a decision, the Dominion would gladly welcome a former ally with open arms.​
Choice is yours, ball is in your court. All I ask is your please remember the Thalmor and our contributions to Argonia's freedom whenever you decide. Have fun! :D

I would suggest ignoring the Thalmor sympathizer. Remember, they started this mess that you see in Skyrim. :D

I'm not here for war. Not today. However, I believe it was the Emperor Titus Mede II who signed the WGC. And furthermore, the same Emperor filled the Dominion with Blade terrorists and instigated a proxy war, which that action among several others culminated in the Great War. Empire unanimously agreed to the WGC and the Empire was stirring the pot for long before then. That is not on us. They could have simply told us 'no' and fought it out to whatever end.

Additionally, I am not a "Thalmor Sympathizer", my rank is High Justiciar. Think I've earned it. And you're welcome for me helping you out on the other thread. Either way, it's Gen's decision.

Good Day.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts