Notes and Letters, what to do

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
I was wondering, what do you guys do with all the notes, letters, notices and you know the lot, you pick up or receive??? Do you store them in a chest inside a house or do you just drop them???

I have this habit of carrying every note, letter etc. around with me. They clutter the books section of my inventory and for all the playthroughs I can't figure out what to do with them. Simple thing, I know. But I would really like to know what you guys do with them.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
I either drop or sell them after the quest has been placed in my journal.

The letters that I'm not sure about get placed in a chest or barrel, depending on where I'm staying, which is usually either Anise's cabin or my Assassin's Lair (modded home).

I'm fairly organized, so I don't like a lot of non-essential stuff cluttering my character's inventory. Sometimes there will be maps, letters, and notices that won't place a quest in your journal, but you're just not sure what to do with them. Like I said, I keep those in a storage container until I have time to check them out on the wiki (after I've failed to figure them out for myself, of course).

Straumgald

I put them in a drawer next to my bed or in a knapsack, never to be looked at again. Suppose I could just as easily delete them.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
When you get a house you usually put the books in shelves, as for the notes, leave them in a random basket in your house. Too bad most of my notes were contracts for hired thugs..

Lucid

I typically put them in a bedside cabinet in Breezehome. This play through I took a bunch of the butcher notes from Windhelm and sold them throughout each hold, and reverse pickpocketed them onto guards and soldiers all over the place. Just for chuckles.

Hey guys can you help me please? I am thinking of transferring my PS3 save to the PC when I get one in December.

I kinda want a fresh start with my character. He has ton of stuff in house and I mean everything, ingots, bones, alchemy, armour and everything. I Should I drop/sell everything but keep starter gear such as armor from live action trailer, have a few ingots ect ect.

Advice please?
You might want to start a fresh thread, since this is pretty much irrelevant to the current one.

Wildroses

I keep them in safes in the basement as I always live in a Hearthfire Homestead. I sort of organise them a little. Charters in one safe, letters to me in another, journals and notes I picked up for quests in another safe, and a special safe full of Dark Brotherhood assassination contracts, Justiciar Execution Orders and Cultist Orders because I like having a record of all the people who have failed to kill me.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I usually keep the treasure maps in a drawer, but everything else I get rid of. Keeping too many things like that around you can screw with your game play (for example on Xbox, changing the original image of the game by hoarding lots of things creates too much memory for the game to sort through. Messes with the games performance.) I usually dump unwanted things in a body or chest that clears itself after a while, thus deleting the items forever.

Chadonraz

I usually store them in the dresser in Breezehome's "master bedroom". Then it's filled with things like "Dark Brotherhood Assassin's Note (50)", bounty letters, letters from a friend and all sorts of random notes and journals. :D

Then if I decide to get rid of them (all except select few things), I'll just go find a hostile random encounter and stuff everything in a corpse that's guaranteed to vanish quickly.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I sell them to Black Market. I hate junk.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
best to sell them to merchants, one thing i've learned about this game is to never, EVER discard something by dropping it, this is because the game has a really bad habit of keeping EVERYTHING you drop wherever you drop it, so doing so increases load times and chances of a game crash.. safest way to get rid of useless stuff like that is sell it.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
best to sell them to merchants, one thing i've learned about this game is to never, EVER discard something by dropping it, this is because the game has a really bad habit of keeping EVERYTHING you drop wherever you drop it, so doing so increases load times and chances of a game crash.. safest way to get rid of useless stuff like that is sell it.

That's why I sell everything I can to Black Market. I treat him like my Skyrim Recycle Bin. I send my junk to Oblivion. :)