• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
That's a real good question, since my latest mage character has had to deal with both of them (in a friendly sort of way, of course).

But honestly, I chose neither, since this young lady can probably kick both of their asses at the same time:

9u4wlz.jpg

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
On a serious note, suppose I'd choose the Psijic Monks, just because they can stop time, among other things.

That would be the game winner for me as well; I'd have to believe that the Timestop ability would allow the Psijic Monk a huge advantage.

Also, Braith.... *shudder*

Harc

Big Hog
By the eight!!!! run away! Braith is the most powerful being on Nirn!

Braith is the true World Eater!!

On a serious note, suppose I'd choose the Psijic Monks, just because they can stop time, among other things.
Yeah me too. Greybeards may have all shouts mastered, and can slow time and do all that, but their shout effectiveness time is limited. Psijics can remain aetherial as long as they want, can block shouts with their wards, and use the some 100 spells they know. Greybeards only know 20 shouts.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Psijics despite the fact I "dislike" high elves.Grey beards are too limited.in what they can do.Psijics have a lot more at their disposal.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
I have to go with the ancient Nord art of the Thu'um!

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
Definitely Psijic....stop time, show up as an incorporeal mage, that can't be harmed by shouts, and then all of a sudden phase into reality and rock the old man's socks (or whatever he wears under those robes) off.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
That's a real good question, since my latest mage character has had to deal with both of them (in a friendly sort of way, of course).

But honestly, I chose neither, since this young lady can probably kick both of their asses at the same time:

9u4wlz.jpg
[/quote

lol Braith. Litl witch!

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I actually think no one in all of Tamriel can beat a Psijic monk.

Rimfaxe96

Psijic all the way. I mean c'mon, they're pretty much the most powerful wizards in Tamriel so far.
Quagmire or whatever his name was would have stopped time before Arngeir could even get to open his mouth to shout.

And about Braith... there are plenty of young pests in Skyrim, and while I do dislike them, they are the future. This little punk will impale Thalmor soldiers in about 10 years, maybe less, depending on what age she is in the current game.
And if she teams up with folk like this Black-Briar chick and Erikur, she'll be Empress for sure.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Greybeards have the Goddess Kyne at their backs. Also the Greybeards know many things the Dragonborn doesn't, they don't teach you everything.

But Greybeards are peaceful, though the Greybeards don't even need to shout or use the Thu'um. The Greybeards can kill with a whisper, which is why the other Masters do not talk, so Psijic Order would not be able to withstand that. The Psijic's can stop time but it takes a lot of their power to do it. The Greybeards only need to say Hello and the Mages are an ash pile.

Harc

Big Hog
Agrenier or whatever talks to the dragon born all the time, I don't see the throat of the world collapsing

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Agrenier or whatever talks to the dragon born all the time, I don't see the throat of the world collapsing

I said:

which is why the other Masters do not talk

Key word 'Other'

It is mentioned in game why the others do not speak at first because they could kill you with a whisper. Also the Dragonborn is the only one besides a Greybeard that can withstand the voice.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
The Greybeards would spend all of their time meditating on what shout they could, but won't use against the Psijic. If it came down to a staring contest, though, you know the Greybeards have it locked.

Harc

Big Hog

I said:

which is why the other Masters do not talk

Key word 'Other'

It is mentioned in game why the others do not speak at first because they could kill you with a whisper. Also the Dragonborn is the only one besides a Greybeard that can withstand the voice.
Well The psijics created the mysticism magic school. So I think they would know if a greybeard Is about to shout, or whisper. Plus the Psijics wards are probably the strongest in all of Tamriel

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
If the Greybeards can learn all of the shouts that the Dragonborn can, then I would have to give them the advantage. Just listen to Nirn shake when they greet the Dragonborn.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I say the psijics, not because of power, but knowledge. The greybeards know ALOT including the language and meaning of the language of the Dov, but the psijics know this, and can prepare for it, as well as remain an unknown themselves. None actually know anything about them. Win goes to the unknown.