What Do You Hate About Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
There has to be something, so get it off your chest. I hate how everyone in the game rockets quests your way even though some of my characters have done 3 quests. I hate how enchanting is very underpowered and I hate how there are no Acrobatics, Athletics, and Hand to Hand skill trees.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
HOw is Enchanting underpowered?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
HOw is Enchanting underpowered?
Even at its highest level it isn't powerful enough to surpass the default game. This is just my opinion, if it works for you than by all means do it.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I never had a problem with enchanting being too week. I mean, if you don't put skills in the skill tree or if you don't find a good enchantment I can get that.
No I just don't like having to repeatedly buy soul gems, I guess.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I hate all the system freezes I've encountered. So much so that I've since shelved the game. Mind you, this is after I've done TONS in the game with all the DLC, so I reckon I shouldn't complain too much. But yeah, the system freezes. :mad:

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Why didn't you get the daedric artifact that lets you collect unlimited souls? Or just go to the Dawnstar Chest? They always have 30+ soul gems.
I also don't like having to be a mage to get unlimited soul gems.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I never had a problem with enchanting being too week. I mean, if you don't put skills in the skill tree or if you don't find a good enchantment I can get that.
You could just go around killing a lot of giants, mammoths and people and fill up some greater, grand & black soul gems. That's what I do. It's fun, and good exercise!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Why didn't you get the daedric artifact that lets you collect unlimited souls? Or just go to the Dawnstar Chest? They always have 30+ soul gems.
I also don't like having to be a mage to get unlimited soul gems.
You certainly don't have to be a mage to get soul gems. My last character had a collection of over 1500 of them and he certainly didn't use any magic. He was just a magpie and collected shiny, pretty things. :)

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I hate the loading screens. I hate how my whole console can lock up when I do something as simple as enter my house. I hate the inconsistent programming across quests--little things like, here a quest arrow, there, not. here, you can furnish your entire house with a few clicks with the Jarl's steward, there, you have to through the entire dialogue for each room. I hate how some stones of barenziah load up into a single entry in misc while others reside separately. It's just small quality checks that they're not doing. I also hate how they released the damn thing nearly 2 years ago but still don't issue newer games for xbox with fixes. Like that one Dawnstar quest in which you can't save or even autosave without the game locking up. Why didn't they fix that!

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I hate the loading screens. I hate how my whole console can lock up when I do something as simple as enter my house. I hate the inconsistent programming across quests--little things like, here a quest arrow, there, not. here, you can furnish your entire house with a few clicks with the Jarl's steward, there, you have to through the entire dialogue for each room. I hate how some stones of barenziah load up into a single entry in misc while others reside separately. It's just small quality checks that they're not doing. I also hate how they released the damn thing nearly 2 years ago but still don't issue newer games for xbox with fixes. Like that one Dawnstar quest in which you can't save or even autosave without the game locking up. Why didn't they fix that!
I've never had the Dawnstar quest freeze up but I've heard a lot about it. I guess I just get lucky.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
You could just go around killing a lot of giants, mammoths and people and fill up some greater, grand & black soul gems. That's what I do. It's fun, and good exercise!

I just did that! There are currently no giants or mammoths in Skyrim. I'm loading up for the Alduin quest, at which point my character will retire.

Dawn

1. Still far too many CTDs and bugged quests even with just base game / DLCs installed - and this almost two years after launch.
  2. UI on PC - Total crap, SkyUI helps but default UI is clearly a hack job conversion from the console UI.
  3. Lack of key binds - Can't even keybind specific items to specific hands (dual wield) nor use 99% of my available keys / key combos.
Great game, love it having come back now to play after shelving shortly after launch with lack of schedule coupled with frustrations galore around the crappy UI and bugs.

I have found it to be much improved, with a great world to explore and lots of fun to be had, but still feel the Bethesda short changed users, especially on PC, with a crappy UI and highly limited dysfunctional key binding.

Ivory

Let's Player
I don't really hate anything myself about Skyrim. It gets frustrating but that's just how it is atm. I'm sure we will get some kinda patch for the other stuff.

Then again the thing i hate is the endless DB, and Companion logs in my journals.