Things that bug you about Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Or you could just go to Morthal and do the quest which requires you to kill Alva. And if that seems too much trouble, there is an already dead woman wearing them in Liar's Retreat.
I totally forgot about those! Still, gotta kill somebody and/or trek out into the middle of BFE to get them. You would think Radiant Raiments would carry it.

Iveri Sarothil

We should also have the ability to kill Jarls and some people in Skyrim that simply don’t die at all, like Esbern and Delphine and I agree that is you side for example with the Empire, you should be wanted in every single stormcloak hold and not able to make business with everybody.

Yeah, I'm really not happy with Esbern and Delphine.
You won't help me anymore unless I kill Parthunaax? Screw you, I'm the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood. *quietly makes contracts*

Hmm, a lot of things piss me off, but a lot of things are sweet too.
One thing would be the repetitive things npc's say get old, yesterday I had enough of it, I'm just standing off to the side not even on the side walk in whiterun, not looking at anyone, minding my own business, and the girl comes up to me again "I'm not afraid of you, blah blah blah" so I just wacked her in the face with my bow and of course the guard came running up but I told him to fluff off because I'm the thane.
Also where does everyone in skyrim get this sense of self-importance/entitlement? Just because I'm walking on the same path as you doesn't automatically mean I want to fluffing talk to you every time we cross or help you with something, the repetitive chat just makes it more annoying.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
i have one thing, though it's not a bug or glitch or some stupid god mode kids running around...it's just that in most games, specialy the rpg scene...where are the bathrooms, and when you in the sewers in riften/white run....why isn't there "floating" sludge...or maybe some fumes.....perhaps no one in skyrim has an anus or frontal genitals.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I fought the ebony warrior in full daedric armor, yet somehow his bow cuts me down in two hits. But when I kill him and take his bow, it doesn't do crap to my enemies in iron? I mean come on! WTF Beth?!

That is why I personally enchant my weapons, armor and items to my desire level to become more powerful than anybody else. Some people believe this is not fun at all because you are overkilling everybody but on the contrary, if you enchant everything and become powerful, you can balance out by playing on master difficulty and the game will be still very hard.
It is crazy that enemies are more powerful than our character and here are some things I would like to point out :
- Draugr unrelenting force shouts are more powerful and they recharge it faster than the dragonborn
- Miraak is able to kill dragon with a shout and suck the dragon soul but our dragonborn is not able to do the same
- Our dragonborn can die but Jarls and some other people in Skyrim cannot. In my opinion, everybody should be able to die
- I don’t understand why we got Auriel’s bow and shield but not a sword ( Auriel’ sword ) or dagger and an armor ( this is silly because Dawnguard give you a set of armor that it is enhanced to fight vamps. I think there should be a unique Auriel’s armor designed to fight vamps )
- We should be able to disenchant an item that allow us to recharge our shouts faster ( let’ say 50% faster )

I was thinking that when we start the game, you get the Meridia’s quest. It would be nice that if you return the Meridia’s beacon to her, then you choose the light side and you cannot become a vamp, otherwise, if you return the beacon to Molag Bal, then you choose the dark side and you “unlock” the ability to become a vamp. Doing that from the very beginning of the game would be awesome so all of your prior quest should be related to your first action and go from there.
Remember that when Meridia talks to you about cleaning her temple, she commands you to “clean Skyrim from darkness” so that should be the boiling point for you to start doing prior quest related to the side you have chosen. From this moment on, you should not allowed to become an assassin, thieve or a vamp ( that should not be related to your sneaking ability at all ) ... just a thought about how could it have been but it is not ... just my 2 cents ... ;)

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
That is why I personally enchant my weapons, armor and items to my desire level to become more powerful than anybody else. Some people believe this is not fun at all because you are overkilling everybody but on the contrary, if you enchant everything and become powerful, you can balance out by playing on master difficulty and the game will be still very hard.
It is crazy that enemies are more powerful than our character and here are some things I would like to point out :
- Draugr unrelenting force shouts are more powerful and they recharge it faster than the dragonborn
- Miraak is able to kill dragon with a shout and suck the dragon soul but our dragonborn is not able to do the same
- Our dragonborn can die but Jarls and some other people in Skyrim cannot. In my opinion, everybody should be able to die
- I don’t understand why we got Auriel’s bow and shield but not a sword ( Auriel’ sword ) or dagger and an armor ( this is silly because Dawnguard give you a set of armor that it is enhanced to fight vamps. I think there should be a unique Auriel’s armor designed to fight vamps )
- We should be able to disenchant an item that allow us to recharge our shouts faster ( let’ say 50% faster )

I was thinking that when we start the game, you get the Meridia’s quest. It would be nice that if you return the Meridia’s beacon to her, then you choose the light side and you cannot become a vamp, otherwise, if you return the beacon to Molag Bal, then you choose the dark side and you “unlock” the ability to become a vamp. Doing that from the very beginning of the game would be awesome so all of your prior quest should be related to your first action and go from there.
Remember that when Meridia talks to you about cleaning her temple, she commands you to “clean Skyrim from darkness” so that should be the boiling point for you to start doing prior quest related to the side you have chosen. From this moment on, you should not allowed to become an assassin, thieve or a vamp ( that should not be related to your sneaking ability at all ) ... just a thought about how could it have been but it is not ... just my 2 cents ... ;)
Enchanting is there for a reason and if you want to survive in Skyrim, you need to enchant. In my eyes, anyone who doesn't enchant is a big NOOOOOOOB! :p

-Yeah I agree but Draugr were present at the time of the dragons so it's almost like they learned it directly from the Dragons or Dragon Priests.
- No comment
- That would cause MAJOR quest and game glitches you know!
- Totally agree, a bow and shield seems incomplete, the least they could do is add a sword
- Yeah, I'm going to look for a mod to help me disenchant the Amulet of Talos

Chadonraz

I was thinking that when we start the game, you get the Meridia’s quest.

o_O You only get the quest if you visit the Statue or find the Beacon.

Anyway, here's some on-topic content:

- The way crime and consequence works. You pay some gold/spend a few days in jail, and that's it. No lasting consequences (except possibly with a few NPCs, if you killed their family members, or something like that).
Also, I'd like to be able to say something other than "You're making a mistake..." when I'm talking to a guard, trying to pay off a smaller bounty.
- This has been said before, but random NPCs following you into your house/other building, if you enter while they're talking to you.
- Invisible enemies. I don't know if it's a bug or not, but sometimes (although very rarely) I get attacked by one of those named-after-their-race people -- only they're invisible. Of course, with HUD on it's easy to find them, but without it... not so much. Unless I set them on fire. :p

As for essential characters, there are several NPCs whom I'd love to set as unessential (*cough*the Blades*cough*), but also some to whom I'd like to do the opposite.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
o_O You only get the quest if you visit the Statue or find the Beacon.

Anyway, here's some on-topic content:

- The way crime and consequence works. You pay some gold/spend a few days in jail, and that's it. No lasting consequences (except possibly with a few NPCs, if you killed their family members, or something like that).
Also, I'd like to be able to say something other than "You're making a mistake..." when I'm talking to a guard, trying to pay off a smaller bounty.
- This has been said before, but random NPCs following you into your house/other building, if you enter while they're talking to you.
- Invisible enemies. I don't know if it's a bug or not, but sometimes (although very rarely) I get attacked by one of those named-after-their-race people -- only they're invisible. Of course, with HUD on it's easy to find them, but without it... not so much. Unless I set them on fire. :p

As for essential characters, there are several NPCs whom I'd love to set as unessential (*cough*the Blades*cough*), but also some to whom I'd like to do the opposite.

No you don’t !! After I finish at Helgen, and on my way to Riverwood, if you get into the mine right before Riverwood, you will get the Meridia’s beacon ( I have gotten that quest 3 times in a row by going into this mine ) and you get the quest automatically. Just my 2 cents ... ;)

Ritterkreuz

No you don’t !! After I finish at Helgen, and on my way to Riverwood, if you get into the mine right before Riverwood, you will get the Meridia’s beacon ( I have gotten that quest 3 times in a row by going into this mine ) and you get the quest automatically. Just my 2 cents ... ;)

The Location of Meridia's beacon is random.

I only get annoyed when the game freezes, and by the random Vampire attacks before I've had the chance to finish the main Dawngaurd quest line.

Chadonraz

The Beacon randomly spawns in a Boss Chest, in a random dungeon. I just found it in Yngol Barrow, of all places. And I once found it in Valtheim Towers three or four times in a row, but it's never been in Embershard. I think the wiki said there are over 150 possible locations for the Beacon to spawn in.

Catwoman

Notorious Cat Burglar
*In Solsthiem with Serana.*
Serana: This must be that beautiful SKYRIM weather I've heard about.
Me: Are you fluffing kidding me?

Zaralink

Legendary Dovahkiin
Well
*In Solsthiem with Serana.*
Serana: This must be that beautiful SKYRIM weather I've heard about.
Me: Are you fluffing kidding me?
Well, according to the loading screens, solthstiem was a part of skyrim and was given to morrowind. Maybe it was skyrim back in her time

Chadonraz

Doing "A Daedra's Best Friend" reminds me...

- Dialogue you can't skip/fast-forward, even though you've heard it dozens of times before.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
How about when you are playing a warrior, and find enchanted armor that benefits Mages, or vice versa. You are a Mage, no weapons, and you find a Sword of Awesomeness that is one swing, one kill on Giants.......

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
i have one thing, though it's not a bug or glitch or some stupid god mode kids running around...it's just that in most games, specialy the rpg scene...where are the bathrooms, and when you in the sewers in riften/white run....why isn't there "floating" sludge...or maybe some fumes.....perhaps no one in skyrim has an anus or frontal genitals.
Dishonored man, theres bathrooms in like every house, and guards take bathroom breaks.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I said it before, I will re-iterate it here.

Not every bucket is for a mop.......

Neriad13

Premium Member
Dishonored man, theres bathrooms in like every house, and guards take bathroom breaks.

Hoo boy, do they ever. They've done so on top of my head in that game. =(