Can't Decide between Stormcloaks or Imperials...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

So what do you think?

• Stormcloaks

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Imperials

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
So lets concentrate on Elisifs reproductive organs and put all our hopes on other people.
Elisif's Anatomy - Season 1 Premier - Coming soon on this thread

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Now that's what I call a Stormcloak beat down. That should take them awhile to recover from getting owned by the Empire.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I can't say which side would beat the thalmor, but I believe the nord 'spirit' provides the boost needed to do so. The fact that they can recognize the dragon born does it for me....
Half of those Nords fight for the Empire including the Whiterun guards you mentioned. If Nord "spirit" is your basis for a decision you really have no basis since it's not unique to either side in the civil war.

Mookie

Damn you have been using my sleep well :D
hahaha
In previous posts on other thread Mage said that Skyrim cant defend themselves. Now he is saying that it doesnt have because thalmor cant reach it o_O?
I am glad the starter of thread made up his/her choice.
Being an imperial servant while being bestowed by gift of dragon blood from Akatosh is the greatest archievement you could archieve.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Damn you have been using my sleep well :D
hahaha
In previous posts on other thread Mage said that Skyrim cant defend themselves. Now he is saying that it doesnt have because thalmor cant reach it o_O?
I am glad the starter of thread made up his/her choice.
Being an imperial servant while being bestowed by gift of dragon blood from Akatosh is the greatest archievement you could archieve.

I said they can't defend themselves? From what? When has Skyrim been threatened except from the Nords themselves. I didn't say it doesn't need to defend itself, I'm saying defend itself from what exactly.

Mookie

I said they can't defend themselves? From what? When has Skyrim been threatened except from the Nords themselves. I didn't say it doesn't need to defend itself, I'm saying defend itself from what exactly.
In thread imp vs storm I said that independent skyrim would be protected by its neighbors that thalmor have to go trough to reach them. And you said that is no problem, it cant defend itself, thalmor would crush them etc. and empire is the only hope

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
In thread imp vs storm I said that independent skyrim would be protected by its neighbors that thalmor have to go trough to reach them. And you said that is no problem, it cant defend itself, thalmor would crush them etc. and empire is the only hope

The one about if the Empire continued the war and their army was destroyed, what would stop the Dominion from taking Skyrim because they wouldn't be able to defend themselves. Cause all the soldiers were fighting in Cyrodiil, all Skyrim had was a small Nord Militia lead by Ulfric. I said he wouldn't be able to defend all of Skyrim if the Aldmeri Dominion was able to march unopposed, which would be true since they had just lost the Reach for two years, they would hardly be able to stand up to an invading army at that time.

Or the fact the Stormcloaks are filled with the ranks of Magic fearing Nords, who have no Battlemages and they think they can take their bunch of basic trained Militia and defeat an army filled with the most gifted of the arcane and the best archers in all of Tamriel?

Mookie

The one about if the Empire continued the war and their army was destroyed, what would stop the Dominion from taking Skyrim because they wouldn't be able to defend themselves. Cause all the soldiers were fighting in Cyrodiil, all Skyrim had was a small Nord Militia lead by Ulfric. I said he wouldn't be able to defend all of Skyrim if the Aldmeri Dominion was able to march unopposed, which would be true since they had just lost the Reach for two years, they would hardly be able to stand up to an invading army at that time.

Or the fact the Stormcloaks are filled with the ranks of Magic fearing Nords, who have no Battlemages and they think they can take their bunch of basic trained Militia and defeat an army filled with the most gifted of the arcane and the best archers in all of Tamriel?

They dont fear magic, they despise it. To translate it into our terms, their thinking is:
A weakest and greatest coward in the world can kill a greatest hero who devoted his life with a single bolt.
So they dont apreciate it. But they dont fear it.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
They dont fear magic, they despise it. To translate it into our terms, their thinking is:
A weakest and greatest coward in the world can kill a greatest hero who devoted his life with a single bolt.
So they dont apreciate it. But they dont fear it.

Magic was a part of their culture, they had some of the best mages. Mages are also in the Hall of Valor, Right of Cleverness is a valid entry into the Hall. The Nords frown upon magic now, they also fear the College of Winterhold. Many Dark elves were driven out because they were thought to be using evil magic.

Now lets assume you do have a basic strategic sense.

Axe vs Fireball = Stormcloak dead.

Sword vs Lightning = Stormcloak dead.

Thu'um vs Arrow to the throat = That shuts Ulfric up.

Mookie

Magic was a part of their culture, they had some of the best mages. Mages are also in the Hall of Valor, Right of Cleverness is a valid entry into the Hall. The Nords frown upon magic now, they also fear the College of Winterhold. Many Dark elves were driven out because they were thought to be using evil magic.

Now lets assume you do have a basic strategic sense.

Axe vs Fireball = Stormcloak dead.

Sword vs Lightning = Stormcloak dead.

Thu'um vs Arrow to the throat = That shuts Ulfric up.

Japanese daimyos used firearms. They gave up on it because they deemed it dishonourable.
Same with Nords.
They fear college because entire city was swallowed by the sea and only college was unharmed....
If it was just simple as that then why are there any human beings in tamriel

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Japanese daimyos used firearms. They gave up on it because they deemed it dishonourable.
Same with Nords.
They fear college because entire city was swallowed by the sea and only college was unharmed....
If it was just simple as that then why are there any human beings in tamriel

Because the Imperial Legion of Empire has a very large number of Battlemages, this is known as the 'Shadow Legion' Also the races of men, they used magic, they still use magic. It was the Empire that defeated the Aldmeri Dominion last time, it'll defeat them once more. The Legion was quite influenced by the Akaviri that joined Reman Cyrodiil, with it's roots from the Colovian Highlanders and the Mages of the Nibenay Basin, it became a highly effective fighting force and with the heavy influence of Akaviri in terms of equipment, fighting and high training.

The elves once did rule, but when men united, that shifted the balance of power.

I just have a question for Stormcloak supporters, if Ulfric can't risk upsetting Cyrodiil into violence, that they wouldn't be able to face down Cyrodiil in battle, if they rose up in arms against Skyrim. How do the Stormcloaks plan to take on three provinces? If they can't even take on the so called 'Milk-drinkers' of a 'weak and cowardly Empire' They can't even stare down one province of the Empire, yet they think they can take on, three united Aldmeri Dominion held provinces?

Mookie

Because the Imperial Legion of Empire has a very large number of Battlemages, this is known as the 'Shadow Legion' Also the races of men, they used magic, they still use magic. It was the Empire that defeated the Aldmeri Dominion last time, it'll defeat them once more. The Legion was quite influenced by the Akaviri that joined Reman Cyrodiil, with it's roots from the Colovian Highlanders and the Mages of the Nibenay Basin, it became a highly effective fighting force and with the heavy influence of Akaviri in terms of equipment, fighting and high training.

The elves once did rule, but when men united, that shifted the balance of power.

I just have a question for Stormcloak supporters, if Ulfric can't risk upsetting Cyrodiil into violence, that they wouldn't be able to face down Cyrodiil in battle, if they rose up in arms against Skyrim. How do the Stormcloaks plan to take on three provinces? If they can't even take on the so called 'Milk-drinkers' of a 'weak and cowardly Empire' They can't even stare down one province of the Empire, yet they think they can take on, three united Aldmeri Dominion held provinces?

You said it yourself, they dont need to.
Anyway I am dovakhin :)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You said it yourself, they dont need to.
Anyway I am dovakhin :)

So they just sacked two of their own cities and harmed relations with their neighbors to put Ulfric on the throne of Skyrim because they're going to fight the Aldmeri Dominion, yet they can't reach the Aldmeri Dominion. Yeah that is perfect strategy for those Stormcloak supporters who claim they're seeking to destroy the Thalmor, making things easier for them in the long run, by cutting off High Rock supply lines, Breton Battlemages and Legionnaire Auxiliary reinforcements from getting into Cyrodiil and towards the front lines in Valenwood and Elsweyr.

Being Dovahkiin didn't help Tiber Septim, one story says his throat was slit by a Breton Nightblade, he was never able to use the Thu'um and leaded with a whisper from then on. Other accounts suggest he slit his own throat.

There was also the mention of a Young voice master who aided in breaching the gates of a fortress where the last of the Dragon cult was held up, he took an arrow to the throat.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
If that is your back story then i'd go Stormcloak, the Empire is to blind to realize they are being used by the Thalmor, and i'd never trust anyone who resembles Caesar... :)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
If that is your back story then i'd go Stormcloak, the Empire is to blind to realize they are being used by the Thalmor, and i'd never trust anyone who resembles Caesar... :)

Stormcloaks are too blind to realize they're being aided by the Thalmor. At least the Empire knows the Thalmor are up to something and even suspect they're behind the troubles.

Tullius: "You realize this is exactly what they wanted."
Galmar: "What who wanted?"
Tullius: "The Thalmor. They stirred up trouble here. Forced us to divert needed resources and throw away good soldiers quelling this rebellion."

Legate Fasendil: "We're supposedly at peace now, but I put in to be stationed here to keep an eye on the Thalmor, I have a feeling they're behind this unrest here in Skyrim."

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Stormcloaks are too blind to realize they're being aided by the Thalmor. At least the Empire knows the Thalmor are up to something and even suspect they're behind the troubles.

Tullius: "You realize this is exactly what they wanted."
Galmar: "What who wanted?"
Tullius: "The Thalmor. They stirred up trouble here. Forced us to divert needed resources and throw away good soldiers quelling this rebellion."

Legate Fasendil:"We're supposedly at peace now, but I put in to be stationed here to keep an eye on the Thalmor, I have a feeling they're behind this unrest here in Skyrim."

Hey if it was up to me, if they were smart they would join sides and would drive out the Thalmor. Then the bards would have a new song to sing :) But since this isn't possible i still stand strong by Ulfric... Maybe it's just the fact that i've always loved a rebellion.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Hey if it was up to me, if they were smart they would join sides and would drive out the Thalmor. Then the bards would have a new song to sing :) But since this isn't possible i still stand strong by Ulfric... Maybe it's just the fact that i've always loved a rebellion.

A rebellion with a good cause I could go for, but a rebellion so this man can become High King under the illusion of doing it to drive out the Thalmor because they kill Nords... You kill more Nords than the Thalmor when you join the Stormcloaks. Many Legionnaires are Nords and you also kill Whiterun hold guards. Not to mention you attack two of your own cities, one because they were being neutral and wouldn't join you.

People always try write off the Bear of Markarth as propaganda because of the author's race, but I can say the Ulfric and his Militia in that book and the Ulfric and Stormcloaks you meet are quite alike.

'Forsworn and Nord alike, were executed if they had not fought with Ulfric and his men when they breached the gates. "You are with us, or you are against Skyrim" was the message on Ulfric's lips as he ordered the deaths of shopkeepers, farmers, the elderly, and any child old enough to lift a sword that had failed in the call to fight with him.'

Galmar: "If he's not with us, he's against us."
Ulfric: "He knows that. They all know that."

Even asking a Stormcloak officer on how to join the Stormcloaks they get aggressive "You're either a true son/daughter of Skyrim or you ain't, if not I suggest you walk away before this gets ugly." Something along those lines.

If those are the people fighting for Freedom... I'd rather the Empire, at least they don't force a sword in someone's hands and say you're with us or against us.

Mookie

A rebellion with a good cause I could go for, but a rebellion so this man can become High King under the illusion of doing it to drive out the Thalmor because they kill Nords... You kill more Nords than the Thalmor when you join the Stormcloaks. Many Legionnaires are Nords and you also kill Whiterun hold guards. Not to mention you attack two of your own cities, one because they were being neutral and wouldn't join you.

People always try write off the Bear of Markarth as propaganda because of the author's race, but I can say the Ulfric and his Militia in that book and the Ulfric and Stormcloaks you meet are quite alike.

'Forsworn and Nord alike, were executed if they had not fought with Ulfric and his men when they breached the gates. "You are with us, or you are against Skyrim" was the message on Ulfric's lips as he ordered the deaths of shopkeepers, farmers, the elderly, and any child old enough to lift a sword that had failed in the call to fight with him.'

Galmar: "If he's not with us, he's against us."
Ulfric: "He knows that. They all know that."

Even asking a Stormcloak officer on how to join the Stormcloaks they get aggressive "You're either a true son/daughter of Skyrim or you ain't, if not I suggest you walk away before this gets ugly." Something along those lines.

If those are the people fighting for Freedom... I'd rather the Empire, at least they don't force a sword in someone's hands and say you're with us or against us.

Are you aware that more american men and women died fighting the taliban and waging war on terror than in WTC?
So that means that US should just say ok, 3000 people died but if we do anything more americans will die, so we wont be doing anything.