Favorite settlement/village?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Soger7

And My Name Ain' Dick So Keep It Out Of Your Mouth
Hey, what's your favorite Settlement/Village? Mine's Dragonbridge, i just love that bridge!:D

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
Riften, because i mainly make assassin/thief characters and i love the water.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Mine is Tel Mithryn in the Dragonborn DLC, raven rock too, I just love the dunmeri style.
In Skyrim I like a few, Markath, rorikstead, falkreath, riverwood.
In Oblivion it was Leyawin.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
Riverwood, its just so quaint.
Falkreath, and the rest of its hold, maybe because I'm fond of Bosmer, but its natural quality always enticed me. It's why I love Lakeview Manor from Hearthfire so much

Saozig

Hippy
Dragon Bridge is definitely in a cool location, with the bridge, river and mountains near by. I also like how the hamlet is laid out. It's definitely a place I visit often.

I'm also fond of Rorikstead but wish it was a bit more developed. I love running around the plains of Whiterun or the edge of the Reach for a few hours and then heading over there. Just wish there was more to do, in-game interaction-wise.

While not a settlement per se, Nightgte Inn is a great resting place, although pretty lonely. I wish it got more travelers that youcould talk to, buy a drink for, etc. Also hate that your Hearthfire carts won't take you there, What's up with that?

I've got a weird thing for the Crabber's Shanty and teh Alchemist's Shack. I think it comes from when I was first playing the game and found these location for the first time. I just thought they were so cool and vastly more pleasant than the seriously depressing Meeko's Shack and Lund's Hut.

Riverwood is of course a central location and pretty gorgeous. I wish most of the smaller locatins where as developed as it.

Of the hold capitals, I like Riften perhaps the most--it has a diverse group of NPCs and plenty to do there, plus the whole on-the-waterfont thing is very appealing (I'm still convinced the place woud stink of fish, stale mead and mildew). With my latest character i've been spending most of my time in Farkreath, which has it's own gloom-and-goat-manure appeal about it.

I wish there were a few more smaller locations in the game, namely near the borders where you could trade for items from outside of Skyrim and interact with more "fringe' type of people.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
No love for the dragonborn dlc settlements?

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
No love for the dragonborn dlc settlements?
Oh I love Tel Mithryn, I just don't want to be too far from Skyrim in case something bad happens, your faction could attack at any moment ;)

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Oh I love Tel Mithryn, I just don't want to be too far from Skyrim in case something bad happens, your faction could attack at any moment ;)
Haha true that, but I think we should take solstheim first and use it as a base of operations to attack skyrim ;) and because I want to take over tel mithryn and have my high elf use it as his own little tree house :oops: nawwwwww

I seriously love Solstheim though, the skaal village is nice too have you ever gone to northshore landing? theres a giant mudcrab there called old salty! :D oh and those spider bombs are cool.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
Haha true that, but I think we should take solstheim first and use it as a base of operations to attack skyrim ;) and because I want to take over tel mithryn and have my high elf use it as his own little tree house :oops: nawwwwww

I seriously love Solstheim though, the skaal village is nice too have you ever gone to northshore landing? theres a giant mudcrab there called old salty! :D oh and those spider bombs are cool.
The spiders, I feel like an arachnomancer. I've explored the whole island, so beautiful. The dunmer aren't that keen on you, neither will the Skaal be after you tried to nick the recipe for Stalhrim, so if you conquer Solstheim you'll have to deal with the Dunmeri armies, don't fight battles you can't win. :)

Chadonraz

I have three favourites: Dragon Bridge, Solitude and Falkreath. Rorikstead is nice, too.
Unsurprisingly, Falkreath and Haafingar are my favourite Holds.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
The Dunmer there don't seem to like anyone, even my Dunmer character didn't even get any nicer treatment :sadface:
I like the Dunmer though, my High Elf would recommend recruiting you into the Dominions Armies + they are elves, we're all in it together against the Empire!
I convinced the Thalmor Altmer in my playthrough so I can use them as merchants and sell Stalhrim gear too them.
agree with the spiders, my favourite is the poison cloak spiders, I can never get many emeralds though.

Rand Althor

Legionnaire
Riverwood and Dragonbridge are by far the most picturesque villages. As far as major cities go, I've always considered Whiterun home since it was the first city I visited and spent the most time in.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Riverwood :)

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Skingrad. 'Nuff said.
In Skyrim , it would be Dragon Bridge , Rorikstead , Falkreath , Solitude , Riverwood and Whiterun. :D
My least favorite would be Riften. It is completely corrupted.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I don't really have any favorite place but Markarth's clash of old and new is interesting and reminds me of the time just after the Renaissance where there was the same type of clash between old and new.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
Markarth- best hold to defend. Right up against a mountain, made of stone so fire isn't a problem, and deep tunnels that lead out so you can smuggle in supplies. Unless you go against Ulfric, since he will blow the hinges off the door and his Stormcloaks will destroy.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Markarth- best hold to defend. Right up against a mountain, made of stone so fire isn't a problem, and deep tunnels that lead out so you can smuggle in supplies. Unless you go against Ulfric, since he will blow the hinges off the door and his Stormcloaks will destroy.

I always get lost in Markarth. I do not visit it very often so I have a hard time finding things...

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I like Falkreath most, Dawnstar second.

markath looks very nice, but it confuses.

Karen

boop.
Riverwood and Dragonbridge are by far the most picturesque villages. As far as major cities go, I've always considered Whiterun home since it was the first city I visited and spent the most time in.
Same here, Whiterun just always feels like home to me, and I always feel safe and welcome there. False security, as I've been attacked by all sorts within the city walls, but still, I can't help but feel safe there. And as far as jarls go, Balgruuf is probably one of my favorites.