Spoiler Why the Dragonborn should be High King

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you think there should be a DLC related to becoming High King?

• Yes

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • I thought Elisif the Fair gets High Queen?

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • This is stupid... Burn in hell (I hope for none of these >:(...)

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Dovahkiin Koala

Well, I think the dragonborn should be the high king because...

1) You lead all the Guilds in Skyrim... Therefore, you practically lead Skyrim already, the dark brotherhood is feared, and the thieves guild can get restored to its former glory, and they will be feared, and the companions are powerful warriors...

2) You saved Tamriel from Alduin... So everyone is in your debt...

3) You become the Thane of every hold.. So.. A great advantage..

4) You're the dragonborn...

5) You have the Blades at your back, and the DBH, and TG.. So you're literally untouchable..

6) You're the strongest person in Skyrim...

7) You have a Dragon Companion, which is basically just flat out beast.

8) You have the Daedra Princes at your side.. Basically you're invincible until you die from old age.

9) [My opinion]You gave the most hated enemy in Skyrim a "black eye"... I'm sure you could wipe out the whole Thalmor and legalise Talos..

10) As long as you have a weapon, armour and shouts, you can take over any hold you want to, (I've wiped out Riften, Whiterun and Solitude from all guards before they re spawned)..

11) You kill Emperor Titus Mede II

12) 80% of Skyrim is your friend, the other 20% is the Thalmor of course...

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
Normally I would say "Sure, the Dragonborn is untouchable" and all that, but he/she doesn't have an actual claim to the throne, and I'll tell you why.

1. While the Companions are powerful, they do not get involved in politics. As for the other guilds, maybe they could help but a bunch of thieves and assassins aren't exactly the strongest fighters (Mages are excluded, because Magic could be extremely useful)

2. You can be Thanes in a Jarl's court, but that doesn't give you the ability to become High King (as far as I know)

3. I don't think the Daedric Princes are on your side. I think you are more of a pawn in their never-ending game of chess.

Granted I could be wrong. This is just my opinion. I do think the Dragonborn should be High King though. I just don't think it would be likely for he/she to become High King/Queen

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
So basically we're demon worshipers, killed hundreds of people, murdered the Emperor, run a guild of thieves and assassins, we're a werewolf, we have a dragon to do our bidding... We have no claim to the throne, so we're usurping people and we're Tyrant like?

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I think there should be a way but perhaps it could be the more evil/selfish choice. Depending on who you help in the civil war the frontrunner should be Elisif or Ulfric, a loyal/honourable dragonborn would support their claim. But perhaps their could be a second way, maybe you have to be a thane and then assassinate a jarls family or find some way to disgrace them, then you can run for the position of jarl, to become Jarl you should then have to use a lot of coin to bribe enough people to support you or find other ways to remove the competition like framing them for crimes etc.
Once you are a Jarl you can have a legitimate claim to the throne, I think it would make for a great story as you try to compete with Ulfric/Elisif for the Throne and get the support of the other Jarls.

EDIT:
Something I will add is that, no one can dispute a claim of the Dragonborn, whilst Ulfric can claim his right by Birth, technically the Dragonborn was born with the Blood of Dragons, he could claim he was chosen by the Gods.
The Dragonborn single-handedly wins the Civil war, Defeats Alduin the world eater and first born of akatosh, not to mention he becomes leader of 1 or more of the most powerful guilds, the college of winterhold, the thieves guild, and the dark brotherhood a feared and respected guild of assassins that follow sithis one of the only entities the Aedra (9 divines) fear, not to mention he is chosen by sithis and the night mother as the legendary listener, also the companions leader the most respected organisation of Nords descendant from Ysgramor and the 500.
Add to this his ability to be the champion of every Daedric prince and wield their daedric artifacts, you can defeat Miraak and learn the forbidden knowledge of Hermaeus Mora, become Thane of every hold, and even become immortal by becoming an undead vampire lord with your own court of vampires.
Yes some of that won't help a claim to the throne but with all of that accumulated power anyone would be a fool to oppose him.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
I think there should be a way but perhaps it could be the more evil/selfish choice. Depending on who you help in the civil war the frontrunner should be Elisif or Ulfric, a loyal/honourable dragonborn would support their claim. But perhaps their could be a second way, maybe you have to be a thane and then assassinate a jarls family or find some way to disgrace them, then you can run for the position of jarl, to become Jarl you should then have to use a lot of coin to bribe enough people to support you or find other ways to remove the competition like framing them for crimes etc.
Once you are a Jarl you can have a legitimate claim to the throne, I think it would make for a great story as you try to compete with Ulfric/Elisif for the Throne and get the support of the other Jarls.
I think that would be better if you were neutral in the Civil War. Because, sorry if I'm spoiling for anyone which I doubt I am, you kill Ulfric if you join the Legion and you make Elisif give up her claim if you join the Stormcloaks. So either way you're unopposed.

1 - might doesn't make Right to Rule.
2 - Your play through isn't our Playthrough, so while You decided to become an Assassin (Not reallyon the Reusme' of the High King) and ally yourself with the Daedra, this doesNot qualify you for a Moot, much less High King.
3 - You would have to at least be a Nord for the Nords to accept your leadership. The Empire controls Solitude, and yet they maintain a Nordic Jarl (Elisif) out of tradition.
4 - Try to rule by Fear, and you will only cause another Civil War.
5 - You would have to be a Jarl first. While I understand that could be written in, I can tell you that being Thane (even of every Hold) isn't high enough. That's right about "Sir" not even Count, and surely not Prince in the local political system. You can buy a house, here's a stock cookie cutter fighter, congratulations.
6 - Ulfric Stormcloak is the most powerful of all the Jarls. He was training to be a Greybeard, a hero of the Battle of Markarth,knows the dragonwords for Unrelenting Force, and Disarm, he's still not the High King after defeating Torygg in a duel. You don't stand a chance.
7 - It would suck to be High King of Skyrim. You would not be allowed to adventure any more, basically imprisoned in your own palace, chained to the throne for your safety, and only let out for official functions under heavy guard. You would have responsibilities, concerning the governance of all the holds, and probably enough enemies that constant assassination attempts would be common the first several years. The Dark Brotherhood would not save you, they're assassins, not a personal guard, and they don't Protect tyrants, they depose them, (Even if you are the listener, you also abandon them to go play Emperor) Same with the Thiev's Guild, only more so. The Nightingales (Both of them) are sworn loyalty to Nocturnal, not you. Mercer was a Nightingale, then betrayed them for power, and now you see where that got him?
8 - You obviously have no idea how any political system has ever worked. You fail Civics 101.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
If Skyrim could have a Breton Pelagius the Mad, as Jarl of Solitude, then I'm sure they can probably handle any ruler.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
That is true.

I mean the man would bite people and try to hang himself, then apparently outlawed dying. Man I wish we could of met him properly, he would of been a pretty cool Emperor when he ascended onto the Ruby Throne. Imagine him as leader when the Aldmeri Dominion attacked, probably deploy the Legions naked and throw fish at the enemy.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
I mean the man would bite people and try to hang himself, then apparently outlawed dying. Man I wish we could of met him properly, he would of been a pretty cool Emperor when he ascended onto the Ruby Throne. Imagine him as leader when the Aldmeri Dominion attacked, probably deploy the Legions naked and throw fish at the enemy.
I could see him doing that.

If Skyrim could have a Breton Pelagius the Mad, as Jarl of Solitude, then I'm sure they can probably handle any ruler.
Pelagius was Emperor of Cyrodiil (And an Imperial) not High King of Skyrim. Even if you took over by force with an army of Assassins, or Molag Bal with Dremora, or the Thalmor, or the Empire, or any of the other factions who'd want to, they would not be crowned High King. They would supplant the old system, or appoint a puppet High King. That title is reserved for a very specific coronation, called a Moot, voted on by all the Jarls for the most deserving of the Jarls, and you would still have to be a Jarl first.

Wait for TES Online, and beat all the other Power Hungry amongst all the other Players, and you can become Emperor. It's coming this summer or at the latest early next year. Good luck...

Adam Belmont

I voted no. I see the Dragonborn as a hero, not a king. The same with the Champion of Cyrodiil and the Nerevarine.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Also regardless of race the Dragonborn possesses the blood of dragons, he is chosen by the Gods and defeated Alduin, the world-eater and first born of Akatosh, saving skyrim.
If that doesn't count for something then nothing will.
The pure power of the dragonborn would allow him to easily take the throne by force, even if he joined no factions and had no daedric artifacts he is still dragonborn and can have true mastery of the Thu'um. His shouts would always be superior than the 1 or 2 that Ulfric could learn over 40 years.
He could walk up to every Jarl and contender for the Throne and murder them without getting his boots dirty.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Pelagius was Emperor of Cyrodiil, not High King of Skyrim. Even if you took over by force with an army of Assassins, or Molag Bal with Dremora, or the Thalmor, or the Empire, or any of the other factions who'd want to, they would not be crowned High King. They would supplant the old system, or appoint a puppet High King. That title is reserved for a very specific coronation, called a Moot, voted on by all the Jarls for the most deserving of the Jarls, and you would still have to be a Jarl first.

Wait for TES Online, and beat all the other Power Hungry amongst all the other Players, and you can become Emperor. It's coming this summer or at the latest early next year. Good luck...

Thoriz Pelagius Septim (3E 119 - 3E 153), more commonly known as Pelagius Septim III or Pelagius the Mad, was Jarl of Solitude until 3E 145 when he was crowned emperor of Tamriel due to his father's death.

Pelagius was King of Solitude, following the death of Potema

- http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pelagius_Septim_III

King and Jarl are the same thing to people in Cyrodiil, I never said he was High King, simply he was Jarl of Solitude.

Thoriz Pelagius Septim (3E 119 - 3E 153), more commonly known as Pelagius Septim III or Pelagius the Mad, was Jarl of Solitude until 3E 145 when he was crowned emperor of Tamriel due to his father's death.

Pelagius was King of Solitude, following the death of Potema

- http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pelagius_Septim_III

King and Jarl are the same thing to people in Cyrodiil, I never said he was High King, simply he was Jarl of Solitude.
Jarl is approximately equivalent of Duke, not King. All the Jarls together vote for High King, he doesn't take it by force, or Ulfric Stormcloak would have by now. Pelagius was Imperial, not Breton, and had the entire Empire of the continent behind him. He still wasn't High King, he only made it as far as Jarl.

Help me out here, Dagmar.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Jarl is approximately equivalent of Duke, not King. All the Jarls together vote for High King, he doesn't take it by force, or Ulfric Stormcloak would have by now. Pelagius was Imperial, not Breton, and had the entire Empire of the continent behind him. He still wasn't High King, he only made it as far as Jarl.

Help me out here, Dagmar.

Being Septim doesn't make you Imperial. His character in Skyrim is a Breton, which seems rather right. The Septim bloodline wasn't one constant thing, you had Tiber Septim who was of Atmora blood, Nordic blood lines, Breton and Imperial.

Being Septim doesn't make you Imperial. His character in Skyrim is a Breton, which seems rather right. The Septim bloodline wasn't one constant thing, you had Tiber Septim who was of Atmora blood, Nordic blood lines, Breton and Imperial.
Imperial is a hodgepodge of all human bloods. Also, that same Wiki you quoted has him listed as Imperial, Nord, AND Altmer, but not Breton. The Breton template n game means that's the template the game designers used, it isn't Lore. Thoriz Pelagius Septim is an Imperial name. he was Emperor, and decendant from the line that founded the Empire. He was Imperial, just by stint of being the Emperor.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Imperial is a hodgepodge of all human bloods. Also, that same Wiki you quoted has him listed as Imperial, Nord, AND Altmer, but not Breton. The Breton template n game means that's the template the game designers used, it isn't Lore. Thoriz Pelagius Septim is an Imperial name. he was Emperor, and decendant from the line that founded the Empire. He was Imperial, just by stint of being the Emperor.

'Uriel III not only proclaimed himself Emperor of Tamriel, but also Uriel Septim III, taking the eminent surname as a title. In truth, his surname was Mantiarco from his father's line. In time, Uriel III was deposed and his crimes reviled, but the tradition of taking the name Septim as a title for the Emperor of Tamriel did not die with him.' Brief History of the Empire v 2

Name doesn't mean that much to them, they take the name. Where does it say on the wiki Pelagius is Nord, Imperial and Altmer?

You get to defeat Ulfric in a duel, and that doesn't make you even Jarl of Windhelm. Instead, he is replaced by a the next in line according to the way these things are actually done. Regardless of the tangent casting aspersions on the possible ancestry of Pelagius the Mad, he wasn't High King of Skyrim. None of that has anything to do with YOU becoming high king of Skyrim, just because you're Dragonborn. There is a long history of Dragonborn Emperors of Cyrodiil, but not High king of Skyrim. If Ulfric couldn't do it, despite being Jarl, raising an army, and defeating the High King in a duel the way it's supposed to be done, there's no way you get to because you're listener, and pall around in the Riften Sewers. It don't work that way, it's just that simple.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
To help your little argument guys:

In the Elder Scrolls wiki Trivia section it say's 'Pelagius is technically a Breton as due to him being a mix of man and mer.'
scroll to the bottom of the page and look at trivia http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Pelagius_Septim_III

obviously he is imperial in a sense that that he is the emperor and was born in imperial lands. If I was born in the USA I could say I was American, but my blood and ancestry would show that I am of English/Scottish descent.

For a second source see the UESP which also states the same ' Emperor Pelagius Septim III, is a Breton citizen' http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Pelagius_the_Mad

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts