New Elder Scrolls online trailer...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
If they made a movie like this, I'd totally watch it!!!

:D

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
3:42-3:44... exactly why I want to see throwing knives back in an Elder Scrolls game.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
It's a little too...Back-flip action-kick, canon-rope-bridge-surfing for my tastes... When I think "The Elder Scrolls", I think sometimes gritty, immersive, attempted realism in a fantasy setting.

I don't think. Well, I don't think of anything I just watched. The opening with the zombie werewolves in the dungeon was fun, though. I liked the nord.

Also, the elf is too pretty and generic.

The sneak-rogue with the bow was pure EYE-SEX!!!

(Refer to my profile picture, if you will)

Volanere

Grand Magister
Thats legit

OrexxerO

I just saw this the other day. Yeah its an spectacular cinematic for sure, and idk when game companies are going to realize they could really get more of an audience by making some of these out into movies. But still, the sad reality for us is the actual game will be next to NOTHING like this is. Case and point being every single WoW cinematic trailer. They are amazing, but next to nothing like how WoW actually plays. Thats why videos like this annoy me, they are pretty, but have 0 substance to what we will see in the actual game.

OckhamsFolly

I just saw this the other day. Yeah its an spectacular cinematic for sure, and idk when game companies are going to realize they could really get more of an audience by making some of these out into movies. But still, the sad reality for us is the actual game will be next to NOTHING like this is. Case and point being every single WoW cinematic trailer. They are amazing, but next to nothing like how WoW actually plays. Thats why videos like this annoy me, they are pretty, but have 0 substance to what we will see in the actual game.

Straight up truth. Yeah, we got a lot of BAMFs up jn that video, but the gameplay will be nothing like that. The only things you can likely even do that was shown is shoot an arrow and swing an axe (yeah, not counting on throwing knives making a comeback yet).

It also bothers me because of just how action-intensive it was. Doesn't seem like it will deliver that vast open, living world feel the TES games are all about, but I guess I knew that since it's not being developed by Bethesda. I'm sure it'll be a very good offering of its genre, it'll just be a genre I don't play.

(and yes, before anyone asks, I know it's not in engine, and obviously. It's just what they choose to focus on that gets me)

OrexxerO

Ironically in almost every games cinematic, nearly everything they show hardly ever seems to make the final cut into the game itself. I wouldn't be surprised if you actually never saw werewolves that looked anything like they did in that trailer. And I bet you the Nords won't look half as cool as the one representing the race did in this trailer. If you saw on youtube the interview with the director for this game with Spike T.V. the video footage they show of the game itself is kinda disappointing tbh. It looks like WoW meets Guildwars in some way. I feel like this game is coming a bit late to the party.

I for one though, am glad that Bethesda is NOT taking on this game as one of their mainstays. Why? Look at what happened to the Warcraft universe with WoW. I have never even played WoW, but I was a huge fan of Warcraft 3 RTS and The Frozen Throne. And because of WoW I will never see another single player immersive story from the Warcraft universe ever again. Blizzard got absorbed by constantly updating that game and neglected other games in the meantime for years (Diablo 3, Starcraft 2).

I would not want to see the same thing happen with Bethesda if a MMO version of their universe did take off in a big way. I would be afraid we would never see single player epic's that this brand is known for and why we all love it for. I am not against MMO's, I have played a few, but I must say that MMO's tend to cheapen a experience then really making it a epic feel. Most MMo's just turn into massive dungeon grinds and end up being this point competition more then being immersed in a world and living at your own pace without coming around a corner and seeing a female character doing a "kneel" emote on a warrior character in the effort to...well, you get the idea. I don't want Elder Scrolls to be made a mockery then it already is, just lookup some crap people have already done on Youtube :p.

Also, some of the character models for this new MMO are B.S. I saw a Orc, he was oversized, wore armor that looked cartoonishly too big.....looked like they were "trying" to emulate some of WoW's cartoonish style....not a good idea, be original seriously.

Adam Belmont

Unfortunately you're right. Absolutely amazing as cinematic but very far away from what will be in gameplay.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Pretty sexy, but won't be what the game is like. If it turns into a game like runescape that my nephew plays I will laugh, like I will be on the floor.

Rafter75

Straight up truth. Yeah, we got a lot of BAMFs up jn that video, but the gameplay will be nothing like that. The only things you can likely even do that was shown is shoot an arrow and swing an axe (yeah, not counting on throwing knives making a comeback yet).

It also bothers me because of just how action-intensive it was. Doesn't seem like it will deliver that vast open, living world feel the TES games are all about, but I guess I knew that since it's not being developed by Bethesda. I'm sure it'll be a very good offering of its genre, it'll just be a genre I don't play.

(and yes, before anyone asks, I know it's not in engine, and obviously. It's just what they choose to focus on that gets me)

This particular cinematic trailer was not intended to showcase the game as a whole. It is to showcase the pvp portion of the game where three different factions fight for control of structures.

Check out some gameplay trailers to get a better idea on the scope and intention of the game as a whole. The developers have been working closely with Bethesda on it development and lore. Might be a decent marriage between the mmo genra and the elder scrolls world

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
This particular cinematic trailer was not intended to showcase the game as a whole. It is to showcase the pvp portion of the game where three different factions fight for control of structures.

Check out some gameplay trailers to get a better idea on the scope and intention of the game as a whole. The developers have been working closely with Bethesda on it development and lore. Might be a decent marriage between the mmo genra and the elder scrolls world

Hopefully they do well, if they do it'd be a great cash cow. Just needs several bugs and glitches to be apart of the elder scrolls universe. If it don't have random floating animals there is no Nine divines.

Rafter75

Hopefully they do well, if they do it'd be a great cash cow. Just needs several bugs and glitches to be apart of the elder scrolls universe. If it don't have random floating animals there is no Nine divines.

Lol, very true. It will be interesting to see how they do. I got out of Mmo's because they just required too much time. And if you didn't have the time you couldn't get the gear and it was all about gear.

They have done some things with Es online that I find intriguing. They are describing it as a socially driven mmo, with a great open world radiant quest system. They say they are designing the game so you can be successful solo, in small groups or large raid parties. The the coolest think I've read is that in a large group setting when doing a heroic style dungeon. The game is designed so that all persons in the group are rewarded equally. That sounds interesting to me. As there I nothing worse than spending 8 hours raiding dungeon with 50 people just to see 5 items drop and to walk away with nothing.

OrexxerO

What I said still stands. The PvP will still be next to nothing like the cinematic.

OckhamsFolly

What I said still stands. The PvP will still be next to nothing like the cinematic.

I think Rafter was specifically responding to my reticence given the highly action-packed take this trailer has.

It's true I haven't terribly followed the TESO trailers. I'm just not an MMO guy; I'll probably try it out if they have a free trial, but I doubt I'm going to end up playing it. MMOs in general are not to my tastes; the only one that managed to hold my interest for any length of time was EVE, and it could only get me for a few months, despite how much fun it was to cruise about as a pirate in a rifter blaring the soundtrack to Heavy Metal.

klaker07

The plots of video games never work for movies. The movie would probably be decent but not as good as you think. its very difficult to transition from game to movie or vise versa

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts