• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
The topic says it all. What is your favorite video game franchise?

By quite a long run, my #1 pick is Resident Evil. I love the story up until RE4, but everything before that is just amazing. It's different than any other survival horror game. Even though the first one had terribly cheesy voice acting and lines, it's still my favorite. I love the REmake as well, but something about the original just takes me back.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Depending on how its successor turns out I might go with “Far Cry”. Otherwise it’s probably the “S.T.A.L.K.E.R.” series :>

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I never really followed up with any franchise to really have a favorite. I guess TES is one of them but I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim. The only franchise I followed all the way through is Monkey Island. I love point-and-click adventure games and Monkey Island is a prime example of that genre. It's amazingly written and I love the humor. I was disappointed by MI 4... Just when I thought MI was going to die from old age, TellTale Games brought it back and concluded the series once and for all. Telltale Games did a fantastic job bringing it back and ended MI series with a very appropriate ending. Monkey Island is done now but it will always rest deep down in my heart :]

In terms of classic franchises, I'd say Legend of Zelda. Up until the days of the GameCube, I couldn't keep my hands off of them.

Currently, my favorite 'franchise' of games is the Assassins Creed games.

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
myne is the final fantasy series, ive played, 1,2,jap4 or 5(don't feel like getting up to look) and well as the english version of it, 95% of 7,8, ~9% of 9, killed sin in 10, 95% of 12, ~60% of 13. ive also got the gameboy color versoin of several of them.

Heiligstein

Holy Stone
Yup. FF here. Made me want me to start being a real-life alchemist just to see if I could create Materia... tehe. Ohhh the ambitions of a child.

Dzylon

I'd say up until the newest one (Other M) it would be Metroid. Every Metroid game (besides Other M) was great, especially the Prime games.

Khazrihl

Metal Gear, Love Konami (Except for their music games), I wish Hideo was my dad.

Luft

Super Mario. Not at my age now, but I absolutely loved most of the installments. From the original 3, all the way to Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc.

All time though, on the fence about GTA and Final Fantasy. I'm going to have to say Grand theft auto. Loved each installment.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Starcraft.

Lemviticus

As much as I love TES and FF franchises, it has to be Pokemon. Have been playing since Pokemon Red and have built up quite a collection. Can't wait for the new game to be released!

skindog

Legend of Zelda.

I have never played a Zelda game I wasn't amazed by. Even though they follow the same format most of the time, each game is so incredibly different and in my opinion the combat in the later games (twilight princess, and now skyward sword) are wonderful and feel really fluid. The story line is always solid and the sound tracks are amazing. Even though the graphics have never been all that realistic, they are so artistic (especially in the last two games) that they are actually my favourite games from a visual aspect as well. Just a fantastic franchise in general, for any age groups.