How we can talk about Hitler without getting banned for it...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Anti-semitism, can we get this locked please?

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Then report it.

I did.

For the reasons I stated here:

Would you allow Hitler to live? if not then why would you allow Paarthunax to live? | Page 6 | Skyrim Forums

I would prefer not to lock or delete this thread. If there is some overwhelming general consensus, I will abide by it, however.

Thank you for your reply. I personally would prefer to erase such hateful speech from the forum, but I understand and will respect your reasons for keeping it. It just throws me that people like the OP exist. *sigh* I'm going to sign off from this thread, peace.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Because Hitler isn't an awesome dragon who tilts his head like a cat and talks like Optimus Prime.

For real, some people think he talks too long but I can't help but be captivated by every slow-moving sentence. He's got the voice, it's so true.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I just want to say that I'm sorry this turned into what it did. It was a poor premise, but we could have turned it into something better. Not only that, I'm disappointed to see NordVampireWhatever came back and continue in the destructive manner that caused his first meltdown. I hope he takes this as a learning experience, but sadly, I don't think he will. He just has maturing to do and that will take time.

It can't be helped, I guess. Sucky.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I just want to say that I'm sorry this turned into what it did. It was a poor premise, but we could have turned it into something better. Not only that, I'm disappointed to see NordVampireWhatever came back and continue in the destructive manner that caused his first meltdown. I hope he takes this as a learning experience, but sadly, I don't think he will. He just has maturing to do and that will take time.

It can't be helped, I guess. Sucky.

While it's true that all people mature with age, the starting level of maturity and speed at which this increase happens varies from man to man.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
For real, some people think he talks too long but I can't help but be captivated by every slow-moving sentence. He's got the voice, it's so true.

I used to think Paarthunax talked too long, but then I played Lonesome Road. Ulysses' little rants that he gives whenever something major happens last at least 20 minutes each.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Oh noes he said hitler im gonna cry WAAAAA he compaired paarthunax to hitler im gonna cry WAAA he dont hold the same views as we do NOW IM BUTTHURT AND PARINOID waa. Lol get a life

Get a life? But then I won't have time for Skyrim! We answered your stupid question (those of us that didn't reject it outright,) and now you're mocking us AND spewing hatred!? What the hell? I would either offer rebuttals to the arguments made, or start a new thread. You're playing with fire right now, and you've clearly forgotten what Tolfdir said about how dangerous that can be.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well I did get several reports for this thread, so as a compromise, I've done a little creative editing around pages 4 and 5. I'm still not going to close the thread, but hopefully I have managed to preserve the complete asshattery of the original poster while removing the most blatantly hateful language and references.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Well I did get several reports for this thread, so as a compromise, I've done a little creative editing around pages 4 and 5. I'm still not going to close the thread, but hopefully I have managed to preserve the complete asshattery of the original poster while removing the most blatantly hateful language and references.

Your edits are hilarious.

sticky runes

sorry if iter anybody's feelings but where I come from being direct with things is the way to go .

Weren't people being direct with the OP by telling him how stupid and inaccurate they thought his discussions were? And wasn't he being the soft one by always complaining about how everyone disagreed with him?

Being Soft in this world dont give you respect.. Just somethin to think about.

I don't think whining and slinging insults at people for disagreeing with you will earn respect from anyone. You get far more respect for dealing with disagreements and criticism in a mature, civilized manner.

Furthermore, I don't think Everybody was innitially offended by the topic. Some people responded in a light-hearted manner and gave their personal reasons for sparing or killing Paarthurnax, and gave different views on the Paarthurnax/Hitler comparisson. But the OP did not even acknowledge them, he just focused all his attention on the critical responses and turned his own thread into a flame war. He did exactly the same thing when he was logged in as Nordvampirelord or whatever his other username was. As a result, people who might be able to engage in a more amicable discussion with him lose interest, because of his negative attitude. I get the impression that either he's being a bit too ambitious with his discussions and ends up inadvertently starting debates he can't handle, or he just joins forums with the sole purpose of insulting people.

Prometheus100c

Prometheus
Paarthunax is the Dragon version of Hitler and every other mass murdering Dictator.. What would you do if Hitler was still alive but "turned good"? Even Paarthunax says it himself that " its wise not to trust me". You are Dragonborn sent by the Gods to destroy those menaces of the face of Nirn. If Hitler was alive and turned "good " I would have no problems killing him.. think of all the dying scared starving kids that hitler killed.. Hitler is Paarthunax exept parthunax killed more people. You were sent to destroy them not to sit around and preach love like the Greybeards do tge Greybeards wanted the world to end and be "reborn" lol the greybeards are a joke they and even Ulfric knew they were out therenordbla

Interesting why people hate you so much, i mean is it becouse you have a different opinion then theirs?
They blame you for being immature, i think they are the immature kids whining about your view.
I'm not saying it's a good one or bad, but if we ever gonna get a discussion we need different sides.

Seriously people can you stop being dickheads and let this guy discuss without being scared for doing what he believes is true...:mad:

At the end this kind of threads do get little Off topic(becouse there are no boundaries that the creator had put), but it's becouse of the big topic that can involve alot of things.

stagnant94

You're kind of [Insert idiom about not fitting in here]], then. Many people (including myself) do care about the lore and are willing to argue about it. That's just what a game of this caliber does.
fair enough, i love the lore in this game, but i do not care much for these arguments like 'imperial vs stormcloak' because Skyrim is an RPG. these arguments turn sour pretty fast and i hate them for that because sometimes people take these sorts of games too seriously.

Skyrim is a game for you to choose who is right and who is wrong, who is good and who is bad, it is rare that you find the characters in skyrim so black and white that one character or group is evil. when someone says. "you like the stormcloaks you must be racist" or "you like the imperials therefore you must be fascist" i ignore them. because this is not what skyrim is about, it is about player choice and too many people take this to the extent that they outright insult one another based on an opinion over a video game. and that pisses me off.

stagnant94

Interesting why people hate you so much, i mean is it becouse you have a different opinion then theirs?
They blame you for being immature, i think they are the immature kids whining about your view.
I'm not saying it's a good one or bad, but if we ever gonna get a discussion we need different sides.

Seriously people can you stop being dickheads and let this guy discuss without being scared for doing what he believes is true...:mad:

At the end this kind of threads do get little Off topic(becouse there are no boundaries that the creator had put), but it's becouse of the big topic that can involve alot of things.
no they don't like him because he's being a rude, racist arsehole

Prometheus100c

Prometheus
no they don't like him because he's being a rude, racist arsehole

So? Do you think the world is just a happy candyland?
People can get offended by all things, like talking about why nords are fat near fat people...
I hate people that are brainwashed with propaganda that everybody has to be nice like retarded kid smiling every time you look upon him..