What gender are the dragons? (RP)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I've always wonder what gender are the dragons, and how do they reproduce without a reproduction organs? Alduin doesn't have a unit and neither do our favorite dragon, Paarthurnax. Are they genderless?

Nosexdragon.jpg

I actually feel sorry for them, I truly do. I don't blame them for wanting to tear down a villages.

I think they reproduce. I mean sure there is that book that says otherwise, but that was supposed to be the assumption of a scholar. I mean it wouldn't make sense if they couldn't mate because dragons absorb the power of their own kind when they die. So they would need SOME way to keep the race alive. And judging on what Durnehviir says about the dragons killing each other over land and how the dragons are very territorial they are, they kill each other off alot. Maybe they have males and female but for game play's sake they don't put them in. However I would love to come across a dragon nest in game and see a mother and father dragon defend their eggs though.

As I'm sure people have pointed out, a reptile's genitals are not located on their outer body. So their genitals are more than likely located on the inside and are revealed when turned on by their mate. Nevertheless, for gameplay reasons, it would be very strange to see a dragon flying over head with his dong just hanging about...unless dragons invent their own type of loin cloth, their genitals are on the inside of their bodies at all time (except for mating time ;) ).

This is just what I think, and to those who say that dragons just exist let me ask you something; If that is true, then why wasn't the dragon race anhilated in the first place before the Blades or Akaviri? They would have killed themselves off because of their little land grabs.

Now if there are females (and I'm sure many people will disagree with me) I think the dragons would be mates for life. The dragons are probably teritorial because they want more ground to live with their family. The reason I say the dragons would be mates (or their own version of a husband and wife) would stay with each other is because dragons seem to be well educated (as far as dragon standards go) and I doubt only the mother would teach her children (if she had sons) how to dominate land from other dragons, a male would have to teach his son to fight and conquer.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I've always wonder what gender are the dragons, and how do they reproduce without a reproduction organs? Alduin doesn't have a unit and neither do our favorite dragon, Paarthurnax. Are they genderless?

Nosexdragon.jpg

I actually feel sorry for them, I truly do. I don't blame them for wanting to tear down a villages.
Parthenogenesis Makes sense cause komodo dragons can do it, and they're dragons too, right?

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Well, it's a little more complicated than that even, but it's safe to say that no more aedra can come to be. All spirits came from Anu and Padomay, and are divided into Aedra ("our ancestors" in a particular ancient elven dialect) and Daedra ("not our ancestors" in the same). The Aedra are termed as such because they were the spirits involved in Lorkhan's plan to create Mundus, and as such being responsible for the eventual rise of mer and men.
Now, barring perhaps an exceptionally severe dragon break rewriting the very creation of Mundus, any new spirits that come to be in the modern age could obviously not participate in the creation of Mundus, and thus it is quite impossible for new Aedra to come into being.

Also, on the origins of dragons, it is worth noting the Empire of Ka Po' Tun in Akavir. While accounts of Akavir in Tamriel should be taken with a grain of salt, it is said that the empire is ruled by Tosh Raka, one of the native tiger-folk who succeeded in becoming a dragon, supposedly. How accurate this is, and what it could potentially mean about the nature of dragons is potentially intriguing, I find. Perhaps Tosh Raka was also a dragonborn? It is possible that either he then ascended into a fully draconic form, or perhaps the accounts are merely a colorful mistranslation of his mastery of the voice.
I like the idea that perhaps like Tiber Septim, Tosh Raka is a Dragonborn and that when everyone looks at him they see a dragon, much like Talos/Tiber Septim?

zane

They are dragons meaning who creates their lore for that particular universe can make it anything they want. However from the connection to reptiles and etc, you can look up the general idea of anatomy for dragons... the reproductive organs are not out in the open. lol and you may find even people's idea of dragons will have a "hemipenis".

isn't science awesome. so is fantasy. when you mix the two you get awesome awesome... sometimes disturbing... awesome results.

zane

If you look at the picture you see that theirs no hole... no front or back end. Nothing. How can they reproduce anything without having a hole?
if you look at the models for animals used in skyrim you cant see any genitalia either =3 doesn't mean anything really lol.

If you look at the picture you see that theirs no hole... no front or back end. Nothing. How can they reproduce anything without having a hole?

What do you expect the GAME developers to do? Go that detailed? If you look on the troll, bear, ect. they are all creatures we can infer reproduce but Bethesda didn't put their genitals hanging about the place. You have to remember, this is a game, not real life so you can't put every detail such as reproductive organs.

Urzek

Maybe through french kissing. Their tongues are strong anyway.

..then after 3 months their necks will have a lump, like a goiter. Then they will shout a certain word for example "Ehyt Dihs Tsit!". Then an egg will come out of their mouths and fall in the world of skyrim. After a month the egg will open in the middle of the fight of stormcloaks and imperials. Then the son of the dragon will be caught in between and will be taken as a hostage and will be executed in Helgen. Then the mother dragon will be angry and try to take back his son. And that's how the game starts.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I assume that dragons, like all reptiles, have internal reproductive organs. The males penis (Or penises, in many species (snakes, for example) the males have two.) only extends from the cloaca when erect. They're not genderless.

Reptiles are ecothermic, they do not need external gonads to regulate optimum sperm production temperatures like endothermic creatures (mammals) do. You're not seeing "A Hole", because the cloaca ( a uni-purpose hole that houses the anus, urinary tract and reproductive organs) is covered by a series of overlapping scales.

When you walk with your belly dragging across the floor, it would behoove you to evolve in such a manner that your junk doesn't get sanded off.

Well they could but it might change their target demographic a bit.:D
Yeah but again, it is a game. Bethesda can't have like 50 dragons in one area. Their graphics engine already sucks, and having that many dragons in one area would probably crash the system or computer. Besides I already thought how the population could be so low in Skyrim.

Since dragons are considered a nuisance, they are probably killed on sight (or atleast the second they show the slightest bit of hostility) AND, maybe the females aren't as fertile as we would think. Maybe they can only have three or four children in their entire life time. The reason I say their fertility rate would be down is because dragons supposodly don't grow old and die (sorta like orcs). They live until they are killed by another dragon (another reason why Paarthurnax has survived all of these years). And if every female had per say 10 eggs in one clutch, that would a be alot of dragons.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Dragons don't need to poop, they are dragons... Poop is an invalid inquirment to them.
But...they are a living thing? All living things produce waste...

OMG guys this thread is gonna mess with my head whenever I actually get around to studying for my Biology final...

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...maybe the females aren't as fertile as we would think. Maybe they can only have three or four children in their entire life time. The reason I say their fertility rate would be down is because dragons supposodly don't grow old and die (sorta like orcs). They live until they are killed by another dragon (another reason why Paarthurnax has survived all of these years). And if every female had per say 10 eggs in one clutch, that would a be alot of dragons.
If you'd bothered to read the entire thread you would know that Dragons don't mate or breed. People are just posting for humor at this point.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Ugh ...GUYS!!

For the Divines Sake! When you loot a Dragon and it has more Bone than Scale, it's a Boy Dragon, and
If you loot a Dragon and it has more Scale than Bone is a Girl Dragon. I can't go into Why or how, I'm just saying.

This is what they taught us in Dragon Health Class.

OMG guys this thread is gonna mess with my head whenever I actually get around to studying for my Biology final...

I was just joking.

If you'd bothered to read the entire thread you would know that Dragons don't mate or breed. People are just posting for humor at this point.
What do you mean, "this is just for humor"? Anyone here would want to know if there are females or males in Skyrim's dragons. I sure as heck want to know and that is my own theory. Plus, how do YOU know they don't breed or mate? (and if you say "because 'There Be Dragons' said so" then we can just call this conversation over.)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts