Who is your Favorite"Jarl"?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
While the Grey quarters maybe the ghetto part of the city... at least the Dunmer's has shelter, and a place that they can a call home. They have the protection of the guards, and can conduct business like any other person who lives in Windhelm.

Ulfric maybe power hungry, but it's for a valid reason. Skyrim would be in terrible shape if Torygg's woman was put on the throne.

No your Right. That would be aweful. We wouldn't want anyone to use Torygg's death to inforce their own rule over people.

...Hmm, for some reason I can't remember how Torygg died ..Hmmm, Anyone? :D

Morgan

I'm probably in the minority but I like Igmund (Jarl of Markarth) the best. He comes off as very gruff at first ("I don't know you, and I don't like you" or something like that) but if you actually go through his dialogue options, he's extremely open and informative, and even friendly. He seems to be the most practical of the Jarls, realistically acknowledging his place in the current conflict and the roles, both good and bad, that he and his city played in the earlier uprising. His random conversations with his steward don't match his conversation dialogue at all though.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Falkreath's Jarl, because he's like, "You're the Dragonborn. But I don't care. Go to Riften. Get me mead. Now."

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
If you include the alt-jarls, then it's Vignar Grey-mane. He seems like a really decent guy who knows what's best for Whiterun. Balgruuf would be my next choice if you don't include the alt-jarls, but he makes the mistake of siding with the Empire just because he never saw eye to eye with Ulfric. By inviting the Empire in, you essentially invite Thalmor agents in to capture and torture your people, which is not what a decent jarl should do.

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
I also like Ulfric Stormcloak. His voice is just pure win..

mamali

Jarl of solitude .cuz she's hot .:D

DovahCap

Rekamennos

Account closed
I would say mine has to be "Balgruuf" of Whiterun. I thought he should be "High King" if Ulfric is put down.

2nd would be "Skald" of Dawnstar. He's such a Grumpy old bastard

3rd would probably be "Maven Black-Briar" of Riften, only because I "HATE HER SO MUCH"... which makes me realize the character is well written!

Yes, Balgruuf should marry Elisif and be High King. He is a respectable man. He knows what he is doing as a Jarl.

Rekamennos

Account closed
BALGRUUF FOR THE WIN <3

All other Jarls are inferior in every way. This is fact. :cool:

Well, except maybe Brunwulf. But he's an "alt" Jarl. :p

I like the Morthal Jarl, she is pretty cool to be honest. And um Brunwulf is a very respectable man as well.

DovahCap

I like the Morthal Jarl, she is pretty cool to be honest. And um Brunwulf is a very respectable man as well.

I'm tempted to hunt down a mod that allows Stormcloaks to get Brunwulf as Jarl.

:c

Docta Corvina

I dunno, I cut Elisif some slack. I'd be a little whiny too if my husband was offed right in front of me - especially by Ulfric. Though I personally would likely be more enraged and ready to take his damned head off and be much less stately and graceful about everything. But that's completely beside the point. :p

Elisif is young and learning to deal with what's happened. I don't dislike her. But I still say no one can match Balgruuf for all of his many merits.

DovahCap

But what about your beloved Ulfric?

I don't like Ulfric.

I like Ralof, Galmar, and the Stormcloak armor.

Most of my characters are Legionnaires anyway, wanted to go Stormcloak on my current one.

Even though I respected Ulfric (I defeated him, but I still thought that he was a good Jarl), Balgruuf will always be my favorite. Taking him out of Whiterun is what I hate most about playing the Stormcloak questline. :sadface:

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
She's only whiny and needy because poor Torry died. :c

I understand bereavements, but shes suppose to be a leader of solitude. She depends on General Tullius way too much, and others in her own court doubts her leadership.

If anything General Tullius is leading Solitude, not Elisif, as it seems.

I dunno, I cut Elisif some slack. I'd be a little whiny too if my husband was offed right in front of me - especially by Ulfric. Though I personally would likely be more enraged and ready to take his damned head off and be much less stately and graceful about everything. But that's completely beside the point.
clear.png

Elisif is young and learning to deal with what's happened. I don't dislike her. But I still say no one can match Balgruuf for all of his many merits.

As I said before I do give Elisif some slack because shes grieving over the loss of her husband... however that's not an excuse for the inexperience in politics. If she did became High Queen of Skyrim shes going to be needing A LOT of counseling on proper politics. Does Skyrim really need to have a Queen to come at pace or does Skyrim needs experience? That's why Ulfric is the suitable for the title of High King. He knows how to lead base on past experience. He already showed his leadership when he help Igmund retake back the reach from the forsworn. Experience matter. If the dominion came barging to Skyrim what is Elisif going to do? Throw brooms at them? She has no battle experience. Ulfric is right in respect that she will hand over skyrim to the elves on a silver plate.

As far as Balgruuf... Little to no information is given to us about him, and with his piss poor attitude about “Oh I don't care who the imperials want to execute” shows me how little he cares for his people. If the imperials were executing babies this man wouldn't have a care in the world.

mamali

I understand bereavements, but shes suppose to be a leader of solitude. She depends on General Tullius way too much, and others in her own court doubts her leadership.

If anything General Tullius is leading Solitude, not Elisif, as it seems.

I agree , she is not a real leader , she is like a princes . actually the rule of solitude is in Tullius hands .
but she is my fav jarl cuz she is beautiful :p